Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Ducks Defense 2012-2013

Old
03-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
If you're going to call people retarded, you should fact check the post that contains the accusation at the very least, goober.

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:46 AM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
For all those saying Lubo could retire...Are you retarded???

He makes $5.6M next year...why the hell would anyone retire when they have a chance to make that much cash??? The guy could fake an injury in training camp and still make that money. Oppose to retiring and leaving $5.6M...wakey wakey folks!

Lubo either stays or gets traded...likely the later.
Actually he makes 3 mil next year 5.6 is just his cap hit. Before we go down this road too far remember a player by the name of Brian Rafalski, if a player decides it is over for whatever reason they decide it is over. I am sure the money isn't that big a concern to him.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:47 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

vCash: 500
Where did this whole Visnovsky retirement thing come from? Speculation?

I haven't heard a thing about it other than a few posts on this forum...but maybe I missed something.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
For all those saying Lubo could retire...Are you retarded???

He makes $5.6M next year...why the hell would anyone retire when they have a chance to make that much cash??? The guy could fake an injury in training camp and still make that money. Oppose to retiring and leaving $5.6M...wakey wakey folks!

Lubo either stays or gets traded...likely the later.
I don't want to see him go, but he actually makes only 3M next year. As to why he might walk away - it's possible he's tired of the injuries, he's reevaluated his priorities after the Lokomotiv crash, and he's made 25M over the last 4 years and isn't hurting for cash.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:54 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

if we got lubo off the books
we could make a real run at Suter.

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post

I haven't heard a thing about it other than a few posts on this forum...but maybe I missed something.
Someone posted an article that had comments from him saying that he would have to think about it before deciding if he wants to play again next year or not.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:03 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:25 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Kyle Palmieri ($1.025m) / Nick Bonino ($0.728m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Emerson Etem ($0.900m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Greg Campbell ($1.100m) / Matt Beleskey ($0.738m)
Arron Asham ($0.775m)
DEFENSEMEN
Cam Fowler ($1.400m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
Brad Stuart ($3.250m) / Nate Guenin ($0.525m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $49,750,150; BONUSES: $665,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $14,549,850
My team, bottom 6 can be tinkered with. stronger down the middle, more grit but still a team with speed. Needs a backup goalie, enforcer and maybe a depth dman.

I assumed Lubo retires, and we trade Lydman, Koivu leaves, Selanne retires

Old
03-22-2012, 02:38 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Kyle Palmieri ($1.025m) / Nick Bonino ($0.728m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Emerson Etem ($0.900m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Greg Campbell ($1.100m) / Matt Beleskey ($0.738m)
Arron Asham ($0.775m)
DEFENSEMEN
Cam Fowler ($1.400m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
Brad Stuart ($3.250m) / Nate Guenin ($0.525m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $49,750,150; BONUSES: $665,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $14,549,850
My team, bottom 6 can be tinkered with. stronger down the middle, more grit but still a team with speed. Needs a backup goalie, enforcer and maybe a depth dman.

I assumed Lubo retires, and we trade Lydman, Koivu leaves, Selanne retires
Suter is gonna get 7+ (if he wants it) and a fat term. He's not coming to Anaheim. And if he did you bet your ass he's on the top pairing playing close to 30 min a night. He's on another level than any defenseman on this roster.

Bob is gonna have to trade for someone. The Ducks have the pieces to get a legit no.1 if they want one.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:49 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Suter is gonna get 7+ (if he wants it) and a fat term. He's not coming to Anaheim. And if he did you bet your ass he's on the top pairing playing close to 30 min a night. He's on another level than any defenseman on this roster.

Bob is gonna have to trade for someone. The Ducks have the pieces to get a legit no.1 if they want one.
sorry jax i didnt make pairings to your liking, i let the computer decide
7 is not getting 7 mil caphit either, he'll sign a 8-10 yr deal somewhere

Old
03-22-2012, 02:54 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
sorry jax i didnt make pairings to your liking, i let the computer decide
7 is not getting 7 mil caphit either, he'll sign a 8-10 yr deal somewhere
Bob Murray isn't touching a 8-10 year deal for Suter. I wouldn't either. 6.5 on the Ducks means he's taking a discount or Murray lost his mind. I don't expect either.

And my B on the pairings. I never assume a computer put something together when I read it though.

Last edited by jax00: 03-22-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Elvs

Quote:

http://hokej.sme.sk/c/6278466/visnov...prioritou.html

Basically says that the death of his close friend Pavol Demitra has changed his life, that he appreciates family more and that hockey doesn't feel that important anymore.

Quote:
Considering that Lubo makes significantly less next season, and since Blake will also be off the books, I think they could make a pitch even if Lubo kept playing. But honestly, space or not, I see a 1% chance of Suter signing in Anaheim.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Paul4587

Even if we could afford Suter (which we can't) why on earth would he come to Anaheim. The only time we've ever attracted decent free agents was when we were winning/their brother played for us.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Even if we could afford Suter (which we can't) why on earth would he come to Anaheim. The only time we've ever attracted decent free agents was when we were winning/their brother played for us.
Exactly. The four biggest names this team has been able to sign through free agency past lockout: Scott Niedermayer (came because of Rob), Saku Koivu (came because of Teemu), Todd Bertuzzi and Mathieu Schneider (both signing after the Ducks won the cup).

When you leave those guys out, Brendan Morrison and Toni Lydman are the top FA signings of the past seven years. After that it's Montador, Boynton and Sutton.

Obviously the team has already had it's core to build around and been pretty tight up against the cap back a few years ago. But the only free agent mentioned above that is in Suter territory was Scotty.

Edit: I should not forget that Teemu was a free agent when he signed in 05, but that wouldn't have happened either if not for his history with the team and his career going downhill in San Jose and Colorado. Nor was he ever expected to be such a key signing at that point.

Last edited by Elvs: 03-22-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
master4071

I like Lubo, but honestly I have no problem with trading him or let him retiring...right now he isn't in first PP unit, I don't remember when he scored last time...moreover he has more problems, like Lokomotiv crash etc...

I don't believe that we will sign Suter, but I'm all for sign Brad Stuart...

My perfect d-corp for 12/13:

Beauch/Fowler
Sbisa/Stuart
Lydman/Vatanen or Schultz
Brookbank or any other 7th d-man (1 mln contract)

With all those young guys we need experienced defensive d-man...Stuart can play here for 3 years...so we would have Beauch and Stuart and Vatanen, Fowler, Sbisa and hopefully Schultz...

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Edit: I should not forget that Teemu was a free agent when he signed in 05, but that wouldn't have happened either if not for his history with the team and his career going downhill in San Jose and Colorado. Nor was he ever expected to be such a key signing at that point.
Yeah, at the time it was considered incredibly risky as everybody thought Teemu was done. Thank god Burke took that million dollar risk.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Sergei Fedorov didn't mind, Chris Pronger was very happy to come here, Teemu was happy to come back the ducks don't typically chase alot of big names anyways, so I dont get the idea of we can't attract free agents.

the "if we're winning" part is true for most teams anyways, unless you overpay

Old
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Sergei Fedorov didn't mind, Chris Pronger was very happy to come here, Teemu was happy to come back the ducks don't typically chase alot of big names anyways, so I dont get the idea of we can't attract free agents.

Fedorov signed for a huge amount and he was promised to be the go to guy here (as opposed to being in Yzermans shadow). We also went to game 7 of the cup finals the season prior, so we were winning at the time. Pronger was traded for and again, we'd just come off a conference finals run. Teemu wasn't exactly getting a lot of interest and he loved it here so he obviously came back.

I honestly can't see anything notable done this offseason. I think Murray will let the prospects take up vacant spots and may re-sign Koivu for another year, he might move Visnovsky or Lydman but, again he'll likely fill that spot with Vatanen or Schultz (on the off chance he signs here). If the prospects are ready and thrive he'll look like a genius and get praised constantly and if they're not ready he'll be his usual reactionary self and try and address the void mid season.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

Federov came for the highest $$, Pronger was traded here and kept his marriage intact by doing so, Teemu was a reclamation project who'd flamed out in 2 other cities and had a history here. None of that indicates a willingness for the average free agent to come here.

EDIT - What Paul said

Old
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Elvs

Who is the best free agent to ever sign in Anaheim that:

- Was already a regular NHL player prior to signing.

- Stayed with the team for at least a couple of seasons.

- Didn't have a brother on the team (S. Niedermayer), didn't have a good friend on the team (Koivu) and didn't have a past in the organization (Selanne).

?

Past lockout I can think of Toni Lydman, but can't talk for prior to the lockout (didn't care how the players ended up with the team back then).

Edit: Taking a closer look, I now see that Lydman is actually the only one that even falls into the criterias above past lockout.

Seems to me all players brought in past lockout that actually lasted in Anaheim beyond one season came in trades: Moen, O'Donnell, Visnovsky, May, Thornton, Parros, Fedoruk, Beauchemin, Pronger, Blake, Marchant (waivers), Brookbank etc.

Last edited by Elvs: 03-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Who is the best free agent to ever sign in Anaheim that:

- Was already a regular NHL player prior to signing.

- Stayed with the team for at least a couple of seasons.

- Didn't have a brother on the team (S. Niedermayer), didn't have a good friend on the team (Koivu) and didn't have a past in the organization (Selanne).

?

Past lockout I can think of Toni Lydman, but can't talk for prior to the lockout (didn't care how the players ended up with the team back then).
Federov, hard to debate that. Oates was no longer as good when he wound up in Anaheim.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Federov, hard to debate that. Oates was no longer as good when he wound up in Anaheim.
Fedorov and Oates wouldn't qualify under those criterias. Oates didn't stay in Anaheim for more than one season, and neither did really Fedorov as he was traded only five games into his 2nd year with the club.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Fedorov and Oates wouldn't qualify under those criterias. Oates didn't stay in Anaheim for more than one season, and neither did really Fedorov as he was traded only five games into his 2nd year with the club.
Sorry, for some reason I interpreted staying a couple seasons as just not leaving for their own reasons. With that criteria I'm not sure I can name any player above the rank of journeyman.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
ericnut

Oates, Federov, Prospal, Selanne, Penner, Kunitz, Hiller, Niedermayer, Andy McDonald, Schneider, and Koivu. I could make excuses for why other players signed for a specific team too.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Oates, Federov, Prospal, Selanne, Penner, Kunitz, Hiller, Niedermayer, Andy McDonald, Schneider, and Koivu. I could make excuses for why other players signed for a specific team too.
Oates, Fedorov, Prospal and Schneider didn't last in Anaheim more than one year. Kunitz, McDonald, Penner and Hiller weren't NHL'ers prior to signing.

The real question remains, what excuses could this years top free agents possible have to sign in Anaheim? Suter, Wideman, Carle, Garrison, Parise etc have no ties to this club that I'm familiar with. The likes of Gomez, Penner, Stoll, Huselius are exactly what I'm expecting, guys trying to resurrect their careers where there's little pressure.

Last edited by Elvs: 03-22-2012 at 08:09 PM.