HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Thread Part V (RIP Junior Seau)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Based off of what? THe only thing he is good for is the Wild Cat. Yet they already have Kerley who is MADE for the Wild Cat because he can, you know, actually throw the ball. Are they going to run a ****ing three QB set? ****, just line up both Kerley and Tebow and then who knows who will get the ball and who will do what! Flea flickers galore!
Not necessarily. Let's not forget that he did show some promise down the stretch to help get the Broncos into the playoffs. Granted, he looks like the most technically unsound QB in the league, but he hasnt played that much. In the event that Sanchez gets hurt, he's not a terrible option.

I'm ignoring the media madness BS. The Jets needed a backup QB. This one fits into Sparano's offense. Jets fans are jumping off buildings, not realizing that the opportunity arose to fill a void with a decent option. The Jets still have time to shore up other areas.

Dont listen to the ESPN hype, the looney Tebow worshipers and the Francessa callers. The Jets slightly overpaid for a backup QB. It happens.

Ryan isnt an idiot. At least when he's on the field. He's not going to bench Sanchez for Tebow unless Sanchez completely deserves it. No matter what the masses clamor and beg for. They are committed to Sanchez, and rightfully so.

I think people are blowing the "media and fan pressure" ******** way out of proportion. This is a team whose coach taped his wife doing foot fetish stuff and put it on youtube, had HBO all over them for an entire training camp, and had the worst locker room climate in NFL history. I doubt Tebow's presence will ever distract that team.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Especially with the Wilpons running the show. They actually make me thankful for Dolan.
I would like the Mets again if the Wilpons disappeared.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

A popular and polarizing player like Tebow belongs on the New York stage. This is so awesome.

Old
03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
A popular and polarizing player like Tebow belongs on the New York stage. This is so awesome.
As a Giants fan, this will surely be entertaining to watch unfold.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
As a Giants fan, this will surely be entertaining to watch unfold.
i second this. i hope to be laughing at all my friends who are jets fans this season. (no offense to the jets fans in this forum, you guys are alright )

Old
03-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Not necessarily. Let's not forget that he did show some promise down the stretch to help get the Broncos into the playoffs. Granted, he looks like the most technically unsound QB in the league, but he hasnt played that much. In the event that Sanchez gets hurt, he's not a terrible option.

I'm ignoring the media madness BS. The Jets needed a backup QB. This one fits into Sparano's offense. Jets fans are jumping off buildings, not realizing that the opportunity arose to fill a void with a decent option. The Jets still have time to shore up other areas.

Dont listen to the ESPN hype, the looney Tebow worshipers and the Francessa callers. The Jets slightly overpaid for a backup QB. It happens.

Ryan isnt an idiot. At least when he's on the field. He's not going to bench Sanchez for Tebow unless Sanchez completely deserves it. No matter what the masses clamor and beg for. They are committed to Sanchez, and rightfully so.

I think people are blowing the "media and fan pressure" ******** way out of proportion. This is a team whose coach taped his wife doing foot fetish stuff and put it on youtube, had HBO all over them for an entire training camp, and had the worst locker room climate in NFL history. I doubt Tebow's presence will ever distract that team.
No he didn't. His defense and kicker showed some promise. The only think Tebow showed is some dumb luck.

He completed 46% of his passes last year. 46! That can't be emphasized enough. 46! The last time a guy started 11 games and was that bad was 1987, and the passing game has become a ton easier since then.

And stop with this wildcat stuff. It was a fad. It stopped being successful long ago, because it was a gimmick. The NFL adjusts to these things once the book gets out and makes its way around the league.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:33 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Jets fan here.. I don't know why everyone is jumping off bridges. We picked up a back up QB with some skills that we are missing since Brad Smith left. It will also light a fire under Sanchez's ass. Win Win.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Jets fan here.. I don't know why everyone is jumping off bridges. We picked up a back up QB with some skills that we are missing since Brad Smith left. It will also light a fire under Sanchez's ass. Win Win.
Even if Tebow was just a run of the mill backup QB, they gave up a 4th, 6th and $2.5M for a backup QB.

But they passed on Peyton Manning?

03-22-2012, 07:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Woody?

Old
03-22-2012, 07:51 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Yah know I saw a few days ago the Ringling Brothers train coming in through Stewart Avenue, I just didn't realize Woody Johnson and Rex were driving the thing.

The circus has come to town.

Even the whole handling of the trade, and that they didn't fully read Tebow's contract. Its just...such a fail on so many levels.

Last edited by SomebodySaveKreider: 03-22-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 08:38 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
No he didn't. His defense and kicker showed some promise. The only think Tebow showed is some dumb luck.

He completed 46% of his passes last year. 46! That can't be emphasized enough. 46! The last time a guy started 11 games and was that bad was 1987, and the passing game has become a ton easier since then.

And stop with this wildcat stuff. It was a fad. It stopped being successful long ago, because it was a gimmick. The NFL adjusts to these things once the book gets out and makes its way around the league.
I said "some promise".it was his 1st time in the league as a starter and he had a 300 yard game. He's able to get 1st downs and TDs in short yardage. The Jets don't have to run a 2009-style Wildcat. They can run 8-10 option plays a game for him in short yardage. It worked for Denver all last year.

Don't worry. He's a backup now. Tebow haters rejoice.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:46 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Joel Shermans tweet:

"Folks can cherry pick good 4th-rnd picks, reality is 291 taken in round from '01-'07 with 2 impact guys: Assante Samuels and Jaren Allen. 116 others never were primary starter for even 1 season. For #nyj the known #Tebow has more value than 4th-rnd pick"

Old
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Even if Tebow was just a run of the mill backup QB, they gave up a 4th, 6th and $2.5M for a backup QB.

But they passed on Peyton Manning?
I think you have it backwards, Manning passed on Jets; man the bull**** coming out of Jets PR Dept is amazing

Old
03-22-2012, 08:58 AM
GAGLine

I have no problem with what the jets gave up to get him, I just think that all the hoopla that surrounds him is something they don't need. Yeah, he may be able to help on the field, but his presence may become a big distraction off the field. The idea that his presence will push Sanchez is nice, but it only works if Sanchez actually responds. If he struggles, the people calling for Tebow to replace him will become a distraction, one that may divide the locker room (again).

Old
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

As a Giants fan:

Old
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Joel Shermans tweet:

"Folks can cherry pick good 4th-rnd picks, reality is 291 taken in round from '01-'07 with 2 impact guys: Assante Samuels and Jaren Allen. 116 others never were primary starter for even 1 season. For #nyj the known #Tebow has more value than 4th-rnd pick"
We can argue the value of a draft pick but the issues with this move go deeper than value. Although seemingly according to a player who's value is a 4th round pick isn't an impact player.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Namath:

Quote:
“I’m just sorry that I can’t agree with this situation. I think it’s just a publicity stunt. I can’t go with it. I think it’s wrong,” Namath told 1050 ESPN Radio on Wednesday. “I don’t think they know what they’re doing over there.”

Old
03-22-2012, 11:18 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
We can argue the value of a draft pick but the issues with this move go deeper than value. Although seemingly according to a player who's value is a 4th round pick isn't an impact player.
I think what Sherman was trying to say is that people think the Jets overpaid for Tebow, and when you consider he was a 1st round pick just two years ago, it's not poor asset management by Tannenbaum.

I mean, i think the trade makes Denver look dumb more than the Jets. They traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder just to draft Tebow, then trade him for a 4th and 6th and pay 2.5 million of his salary.

Granted they got Manning so all is well in Denver, but I dont think the Jets acquiring Tebow was costly from an organization standpoint.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I think what Sherman was trying to say is that people think the Jets overpaid for Tebow, and when you consider he was a 1st round pick just two years ago, it's not poor asset management by Tannenbaum.

I mean, i think the trade makes Denver look dumb more than the Jets. They traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder just to draft Tebow, then trade him for a 4th and 6th and pay 2.5 million of his salary.

Granted they got Manning so all is well in Denver, but I dont think the Jets acquiring Tebow was costly from an organization standpoint.
Just because he was a first round pick doesn't mean he was good or that it was good asset management. He was horribly overdrafted and should've been a 3rd or 4th round pick. It was an idiotic pick that was universally panned.

What, would giving up a 6th round pick for Gholston before the Jets released him be "good asset management"? Who gives a **** where the guy was drafted? If he sucks, he sucks.

The Jets are what you get when you have a pencil pusher as a GM instead of a football guy.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
And an owner with an inferiority complex.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Just because he was a first round pick doesn't mean he was good or that it was good asset management. He was horribly overdrafted and should've been a 3rd or 4th round pick. It was an idiotic pick that was universally panned.

What, would giving up a 6th round pick for Gholston before the Jets released him be "good asset management"? Who gives a **** where the guy was drafted? If he sucks, he sucks.

The Jets are what you get when you have a pencil pusher as a GM instead of a football guy.
Trust me...I was just as shocked as anybody when they not only traded up, but drafted Tebow. I always thought he was grossly overrated, even in college.

But again, I'm looking at it from a football standpoint. He's a backup. He is 1000000 times worse than Sanchez, but he can contribute on short yardage.

a 4th and a 6th was the cost for his off the field reputation. The Jets figured it's nothing in the the money they will make in tickets sales, luxury boxes and merchandise.

Tannenbaum and Ryan were Dolan'ed by Woody, but Tannenbaum probably broached the topic of getting him.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I just have a problem with using the line of thinking that if he was somebody different, nobody would care about the trade. That's the point, though- I just see it causing a ton of drama and dividing the room BECAUSE he's Tebow. I know you said the Jets are used to that, but I don't think that works either because they have yet to win a super bowl through all this scrutiny, and last year they didn't even make the playoffs, and this was by far their most drama-stricken locker room. I personally think Tebow could be a very good full back, and sure he is good for the Wild Cat, but I just don't think everything that comes with it is worth it. If he was John Doe with a cheaper salary, it WOULD be a good trade. But he's Tim Tebow, and media perpetuated drama follows him.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I just have a problem with using the line of thinking that if he was somebody different, nobody would care about the trade. That's the point, though- I just see it causing a ton of drama and dividing the room BECAUSE he's Tebow. I know you said the Jets are used to that, but I don't think that works either because they have yet to win a super bowl through all this scrutiny, and last year they didn't even make the playoffs, and this was by far their most drama-stricken locker room. I personally think Tebow could be a very good full back, and sure he is good for the Wild Cat, but I just don't think everything that comes with it is worth it. If he was John Doe with a cheaper salary, it WOULD be a good trade. But he's Tim Tebow, and media perpetuated drama follows him.
I look at it this way: If Sanchez pulls his head from out of his ass, and the Jets defense shows up, the Jets will win 11 games. The Jets have a joke of a schedule. The easiest in the league. Heck, they might win 12 games.

If the Jets jump out to 4-1 or 3-0, there will be no Tebow talk except for the 6 plays he runs a game out of the backfield.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We Giants fans get stuck with the hardest schedule in the league now for the 2nd year running.

As far as win-loss over the year, the G-men had the toughest accumulated opponent's in the league last year. And that is tough to do giving them only 7 wins as opposed to the Colts who lost 14 games, if you think about it.

03-22-2012, 03:03 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We Giants fans get stuck with the hardest schedule in the league now for the 2nd year running.

As far as win-loss over the year, the G-men had the toughest accumulated opponent's in the league last year. And that is tough to do giving them only 7 wins as opposed to the Colts who lost 14 games, if you think about it.
Yeah, it's a joke. I mean, every playoff team was scheduled against the Giants.

Closed Thread