HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

3/21/12 "Red Sky At Night, Cats Delight" - Panthers VS Hurricanes

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, have heard some of these pronounced that way before. Thanks for letting us know.
Yeah, I think I remember everybody upset about him saying "Dah-don-ov" last year and I think that's the correct pronunciation, which Goldie never ended up doing lol.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I can't be too upset with this game. I mean this is the second of back-to-backs on the road. I am however not very happy with the last three games overall, which we stole the wins from Buffalo & Philly thanks to stellar goaltending.

I also hope this crap with the NBC Sports blackouts doesn't happen again. I respect the Canes play-by-play guy being a hall of famer and all, but listening to him mispronounce players names is driving me nuts and watching on a small section of my computer screen is really a pain in the ass.

I agree with the Versteeg comments though as he's been a turnover machine. The guy needs to get less playing time on Friday. I wouldn't sit him. To wish him to get injured... arguably our best offensive player. Not sure where the logic was there, buddy...
Chuck Kaiton doesn't mispronounce players' names. He asks the players how they pronounce it, and then says it that way (versus the Anglicized version that other PbP men do).

For example, most say Tlusty tuh-luu-sty. Chuck says it t-luu-sie, with much less emphasis on the t's.

Wish there had been a brawl at the end, a 'Canes/Panthers rivalry would be pretty sweet (especially since our one with the Devils is too one sided).

Old
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

i must be the only one who hates that carolina radio announcer. Everything is one long sentence and i feel like he is behind on the play. Ill take randy moller any day of the week thanks.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Chuck Kaiton doesn't mispronounce players' names. He asks the players how they pronounce it, and then says it that way (versus the Anglicized version that other PbP men do).

For example, most say Tlusty tuh-luu-sty. Chuck says it t-luu-sie, with much less emphasis on the t's.

Wish there had been a brawl at the end, a 'Canes/Panthers rivalry would be pretty sweet (especially since our one with the Devils is too one sided).
I really enjoyed youR announcer. Stays with the play brilliantly. Grew up listening to Marv Albert so I am pretty spoiled ; but he was awesome.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
i must be the only one who hates that carolina radio announcer. Everything is one long sentence and i feel like he is behind on the play. Ill take randy moller any day of the week thanks.
See, even as a Cats fan I disagree. Everyone loves Molls for his goal calls, but his actual announcing is pretty average. Carolina's is recognized for a reason.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Just differEnt strokes dude... No right or wrong.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:

Honestly, I'm Eastern European and he was mispronouncing quite a few names.

There's not a million ways to pronounce these last names, there's only one proper way.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
Honestly, I'm Eastern European and he was mispronouncing quite a few names.

There's not a million ways to pronounce these last names, there's only one proper way.

That's how Kaiton operates. That's a shame, he truly tries to get the pronunciation right.

Though honestly, I would imagine that mispronunciation is a problem that is not just limited to the 'Canes PbP Radio Man.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:

That's how Kaiton operates. That's a shame, he truly tries to get the pronunciation right.

Though honestly, I would imagine that mispronunciation is a problem that is not just limited to the 'Canes PbP Radio Man.
I never said it is. Honestly I enjoyed him and can see why he's a HoF'er.

I was just making a point about the names. I don't think there's a guy out there who gets them ALL right.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Papa044

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Papa044
Anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale ?

Old
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
yeah really. He failed to show up tonight and I don't want to hear about bad defense but he got the easier of the two teams on a b2b and couldn't keep a beachball out of the net. He fails to show up sometimes and just completely looks like he doesnt care out there which is why I don't defend him as much as clemmer. My opinion, if you disagree then of course no problem.
Are you serious with this?
Couldn't stop a beachball? Didn't he stop 40+ shots tonight?

It's not his fault the team only scored one goal. The only questionable one he gave up was the second one. The first one was a fluke play similar to the one Clemmensen allowed yesterday. Once again, it was off of Jovo's skate...

Old
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
It does seem to me that they came out overconfident in this one.

Can't do that against the Canes... or anyone in the NHL for that matter.
i'll go back to something dineen said earlier in the season that i think applies on too many nights with this team - they were looking for an easier way to win the game. having said that, it's tough to get your forecheck going when you can't put two passes together to leave your zone cleanly and generate some speed.

not surprised tho, as i mentioned at the tail end of last night's game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Relax ppl. It's a bad game on the 2nd night of a back to back.
don't agree. this team was headed for a debacle like this. you can only ride momentum and good luck so far. they haven't shown up to play or executed the past few games. they're now trending in the wrong direction and finally got the L they deserved. we'll see how they respond.

not a fan of this roster when they play like this. pretty pathetic hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Are you serious with this?
Couldn't stop a beachball? Didn't he stop 40+ shots tonight?

It's not his fault the team only scored one goal. The only questionable one he gave up was the second one. The first one was a fluke play similar to the one Clemmensen allowed yesterday. Once again, it was off of Jovo's skate...
theo made some unreal saves. combined with the bad bounces carolina got with guys wide open around the net and in the slot, it easily could've been an 8-1 ***kicking. blame theo when the entire team took a **** out there? is right.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:23 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Safe to say the Canes and Peg are out of the race?

Old
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
hockey dude

I wasn't a big fan of last night's roster either but think Dineen made the right call sitting Wolski and Matthias. If we are to go deep into playoffs those are two vital cogs in the wheel and they both needed to know they need to step up their game. Look at the top 6 minutes being played now and the bottom 6 forward minutes. Four lines need to roll to win playoff games. Weiss' line doing 20 minutes plus every game and the third line doing ten minutes ain't going to take us very far.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Great8Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
I wasn't a big fan of last night's roster either but think Dineen made the right call sitting Wolski and Matthias. If we are to go deep into playoffs those are two vital cogs in the wheel and they both needed to know they need to step up their game. Look at the top 6 minutes being played now and the bottom 6 forward minutes. Four lines need to roll to win playoff games. Weiss' line doing 20 minutes plus every game and the third line doing ten minutes ain't going to take us very far.
As long as he does the same with Steeger, Kopecky, and others. But he doesn't.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:36 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
As long as he does the same with Steeger, Kopecky, and others. But he doesn't.
i agree. though he did sit versteeg for a game a while back. should've sat long before he did and for more games. also think jovo should sit every 5 games or so. he looked so discombobulated out there last night but after he took a night off a couple of weeks ago, he came back and played several solid games in a row. with him it might be an energy or fitness thing.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i'll go back to something dineen said earlier in the season that i think applies on too many nights with this team - they were looking for an easier way to win the game. having said that, it's tough to get your forecheck going when you can't put two passes together to leave your zone cleanly and generate some speed.

not surprised tho, as i mentioned at the tail end of last night's game...

don't agree. this team was headed for a debacle like this. you can only ride momentum and good luck so far. they haven't shown up to play or executed the past few games. they're now trending in the wrong direction and finally got the L they deserved. we'll see how they respond.

not a fan of this roster when they play like this. pretty pathetic hockey.

theo made some unreal saves. combined with the bad bounces carolina got with guys wide open around the net and in the slot, it easily could've been an 8-1 ***kicking. blame theo when the entire team took a **** out there? is right.

A five game winning streak is trending in the wrong direction? We're 5-1-1 in the past 7, how are we,as fans, not excited to be 5 points in the lead in the SE and have all the momentum? I think we can all agree that these past few games haven't been the best played games this season, but a win is a win and it doesn't matter how you got the win. As much as I would have loved to see the team go on a 7 or 8 game winning streak(which we can go on another streak), maybe the loss will help motivate them. We're so close to the post season and we're in the drivers seat when it comes to our own fate that I think the players will really look over the tape from last night and will want to make up for it against Edm tomorrow.
Again, it hasn't been the prettiest games and I do hope that the team really buckles down these next two weeks to finally make the post season, but I'll give them a mulligan for last nights game because of the 5 game winning streak.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
drwmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa044 View Post
Anyone know when playoff tickets go on sale ?
Season tickets holders have priority for them, but you can find them on stubhub and the other usual websites.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:58 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
A five game winning streak is trending in the wrong direction? We're 5-1-1 in the past 7, how are we,as fans, not excited to be 5 points in the lead in the SE and have all the momentum? I think we can all agree that these past few games haven't been the best played games this season, but a win is a win and it doesn't matter how you got the win. As much as I would have loved to see the team go on a 7 or 8 game winning streak(which we can go on another streak), maybe the loss will help motivate them. We're so close to the post season and we're in the drivers seat when it comes to our own fate that I think the players will really look over the tape from last night and will want to make up for it against Edm tomorrow.
Again, it hasn't been the prettiest games and I do hope that the team really buckles down these next two weeks to finally make the post season, but I'll give them a mulligan for last nights game because of the 5 game winning streak.

Any true fan understands its an 82 game grind, and the Panthers did amazing stringing the games together they recently did! We are the envy of caps, pegs, canes and sabres fan when they look at the standings and games remaining.

I have total peace with Coach KD who knows to instill amnesia after the grind of back 2 backs. A 3 time Captain will not let the team sleepwalk.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post

Any true fan understands its an 82 game grind, and the Panthers did amazing stringing the games together they recently did! We are the envy of caps, pegs, canes and sabres fan when they look at the standings and games remaining.

I have total peace with Coach KD who knows to instill amnesia after the grind of back 2 backs. A 3 time Captain will not let the team sleepwalk.
i agree ag like i said after the game in philly, good teams find ways to win games that they dont necessarily deserve to win.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

We're just not a 'pretty' team, about every point we have is ugly and has come from our fighting tooth and nail for it. This is a team still in transition that has sat in first for the entire season. We're gonna lose some of these, and we're gonna win some of those...that's fine by me.

03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
We're just not a 'pretty' team, about every point we have is ugly and has come from our fighting tooth and nail for it. This is a team still in transition that has sat in first for the entire season. We're gonna lose some of these, and we're gonna win some of those...that's fine by me.
We are a team predicted to be next to last, and here I am figuring out Magic numbers

Oh the epic celebration at Pantherland IF this happens.

PS: Lausy your arse better be there, idc if u take a greyhound.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
We are a team predicted to be next to last, and here I am figuring out Magic numbers

Oh the epic celebration at Pantherland IF this happens.

PS: Lausy your arse better be there, idc if u take a greyhound.
I'll do what I can.

Closed Thread