Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Does Perry always throw punches at players when the refs are in the way? This is a serious question, not trying to troll either.
Not always, but it doesn't hurt.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
i don't understand the goon thing. we don't fight that much and most of our penalties are stick infractions. we don't have near the size we used too and our penalties per game are way down after bb took over. league fans need to see what things are, not what they were.
I don't think they really understand what gooning is. Remember, they play Nashville and Detroit each eight times a year. That will warp the deck in no time.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Examples? If you tell me a time in the game where the blues crashed him into Hiller, I'll go back and look.

How am I playing dumb? I'm just asking for example and so far I've gotten zero. Just trying to have a discussion about the game.
Backes crashed into Hiller inthe third period for one.

Coming in here to ask a rhetorical question about a po'd Perry, who we already know can play with an edge and can skate over it at times, is not coming here to have a "discussion"; it's coming to stir up ****.

And calling Perry a "classless punk" in the Blues GDT doesn't help your case either. Geez at least post under a different screen name if you're going to troll.

Last edited by la patineuse: 03-22-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Found interesting reading in the Blues v Ducks GDT.
Old
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
examples include anytime the blue jerseys are going by the crease and the dressed in black goalie gets smacked in the head or moved, not of his own volition. pretty easy to see if you arn't using blinders.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
I don't think they really understand what gooning is. Remember, they play Nashville and Detroit each eight times a year. That will warp the deck in no time.
Other team's announcers, and I guess their fans, are still getting mileage out of the narrative that beating the Ducks is beating is big, bad team. Never mind that it hasn't been true in 3 seasons. It makes them feel better about a win, so it's true, damnit.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Didnt see all the game but I thought Ryan and Bonino were solid again tonight.

I don't care that Blake scored. There's no reason he should be playing. I only saw half the game and he couldn't handle a pass of make one to save his life.

Hagman isn't much but I take him over Blake any day.

I'm starting to question Cogs again. I only thought he was slightly overpaid at first (500k or so) but his play has dropped even strength. Looks like someone supposed to be making 1 million or so. I really think they need to kill the experiment with him at center. He's clearly a better winger.

I hope they keep DSP on top line. Guy seems to be a great fit with top line. Need to see the chemistry grow tho.

Love Bonino's play, but still want to see us go after another top center. If Bonino is our 4th best center we are in good shape.

Guenin offers a chance to save some money on 7th defenseman. I'm sure he'd be satisfied with a 1 way deal since he's never got one before, even for league minimum.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Just found out Blues boards that Ducks are classless punks. Mind you that was after Halak speared Perry.
Yeah and Koivu is classless too for getting into that scrum. Never mind that it started after he first reacted to being cross checked by Pietrangelo. It takes a lot of "class" by Backes to go after a player like Koivu who is also not the biggest guy on the ice. Like Pietrangelo can't handle someone of Koivu's size? How much taller is Backes than Koivu and how much does Backes outweigh Koivu? By 40 lbs? Yeah, that takes a lot of "class" St. Louis.

And I guess Langengrunner's forearm shiver to Brookbank's head is soooo classy too. It must have been Brookbank's goonish face that caused that.

Last edited by la patineuse: 03-22-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Other team's announcers, and I guess their fans, are still getting mileage out of the narrative that beating the Ducks is beating is big, bad team. Never mind that it hasn't been true in 3 seasons. It makes them feel better about a win, so it's true, damnit.
And it's not even like there are a bunch of big bodies on the ice, the team is 75% smurfs. Logic hurts I guess.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Didnt see all the game but I thought Ryan and Bonino were solid again tonight.

I don't care that Blake scored. There's no reason he should be playing. I only saw half the game and he couldn't handle a pass of make one to save his life.

Hagman isn't much but I take him over Blake any day.

I'm starting to question Cogs again. I only thought he was slightly overpaid at first (500k or so) but his play has dropped even strength. Looks like someone supposed to be making 1 million or so. I really think they need to kill the experiment with him at center. He's clearly a better winger.

I hope they keep DSP on top line. Guy seems to be a great fit with top line. Need to see the chemistry grow tho.

Love Bonino's play, but still want to see us go after another top center. If Bonino is our 4th best center we are in good shape.

Guenin offers a chance to save some money on 7th defenseman. I'm sure he'd be satisfied with a 1 way deal since he's never got one before, even for league minimum.
Blake was pretty poor tonight. Ironically, I literally asked Duckaroosky 3 seconds before the goal if Blake wanted to contribute something positive to the game tonight.

Cogliano is getting shifted around so much it's not surprising his play is suffering IMO. Plus, Beleskey and Hagman aren't really complimentary players for him. Hope they find line mates for him.

DSP is still a bit raw and still a little too easy to knock off the puck for me to think he's a true 1st line candidate but it's working and hopefully he continues improving at the same rate - looks like he was a steal.

Perry is obviously nowhere near healthy. I just hope there's no structural damage he's making worse for no reason.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
**** like this makes me hate comign on these boards when we are missing the playoffs. Winning is winning. Do you think the players give a **** about a better draft spot?
Why is this such a common argument?

Does it matter? Obviously not. Us wishing for a loss when a win is pointless and will be forgotten by next year has no effect on the on-ice product.

Us posting on here that we hope for a loss ultimately does nothing to effect their play.

We can hope. We can't demand.

Static said it best "am I a player?" winning is winning. Fine. It does feel good to beat the number one team in the league. But I'm not going to remember it in October. I might not even remember in June. But I'll remember our draft position, and ever win at this point is another spot lower. If we lost every game I'd forget quickly. I just don't see why it matters so much. I'm way more excited about next year.

Last edited by DuckJet: 03-22-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 12:39 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I couldn't give two ***** about draft position at this point. I get pissed because every time I see this team play hard and execute I just wonder where that was for 2 months. Every time.

All I can do this season is go back to November, which is why I want it to be over now. That was like the worst time I've ever had being a sports fan.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Takao
kesbae

Was watching on and off so I got to see a bit.

Certainly was entertaining

Old
03-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I couldn't give two ***** about draft position at this point. I get pissed because every time I see this team play hard and execute I just wonder where that was for 2 months. Every time.

All I can do this season is go back to November, which is why I want it to be over now. That was like the worst time I've ever had being a sports fan.
Agreed on both statements.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
that blues team is built like the 06-07 ducks and they play like them. blues fans calling our light weights dirty is kinda ironic.
I can see the similarities, minus a hell of a lot of talent. Nobody on their roster is in the same league as Niedermayer, Pronger or Selanne was in 06-07. IMO St. Louis really lacks the top end guys to be a real contender. Their depth is very impressive though and I think Pietrangelo is going to remembered as the best defenseman in the 08 draft when it's all said and done.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:40 AM
caliamad

jesus duck don't even know how to tank.

About time they put DSP on the top line... too bad it was 10 games too late.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:57 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Blake was pretty poor tonight. Ironically, I literally asked Duckaroosky 3 seconds before the goal if Blake wanted to contribute something positive to the game tonight.

Cogliano is getting shifted around so much it's not surprising his play is suffering IMO. Plus, Beleskey and Hagman aren't really complimentary players for him. Hope they find line mates for him.

DSP is still a bit raw and still a little too easy to knock off the puck for me to think he's a true 1st line candidate but it's working and hopefully he continues improving at the same rate - looks like he was a steal.

Perry is obviously nowhere near healthy. I just hope there's no structural damage he's making worse for no reason.
Raw yes but this is as good of a time as any to get him the experience. I agree about him being easy to knock off the puck but the way I look at it is his weaknesses are things that are easy to improve. He's also putting up points. He seems like the player we want on that line just needs a little experience. Im not of the opinion that he needs to get that experience on the third line and then move up. Its not the same experience. Definitely a steal!

Old
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
kducks
Duck Off

Put a video up of the spear on the MB thread but the Blues fans seem to have disappeared.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:02 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Put a video up of the spear on the MB thread but the Blues fans seem to have disappeared.
I think that has more to do with it's past their bed times and their parents were threatening to ground them.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:05 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I think that has more to do with it's past their bed times and their parents were threatening to ground them.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:52 AM
JabbaJabba

VERY intense game judging by the highlights. Sucks that I couldn't see this one...

Old
03-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
VERY intense game judging by the highlights. Sucks that I couldn't see this one...
Saw him 215 row E!!! Super stoked Sooo happy someone has passion!!! What a goal S pelley!!! Lmao saw you as surprise as i Was and you scored man!!! ****
Yah!!!

Let's go young ducks!!! I saw so old
School jerseys tonight Conway was in atendanacs!!' classic!!! Thank you duck fans I love you!!! You make everything enjoyable!!

Last edited by snarktacular: 03-22-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: bypass swear filter
Old
03-22-2012, 04:04 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Saw him 215 row E!!! Super stoked Sooo happy someone has passion!!! What a goal S pelley!!! Lmao saw you as surprise as i Was and you scored man!!! ****
Yah!!!

School jerseys tonight Conway was in atendanacs!!' classic!!! Thank you duck fans I love you!!! You make everything enjoyable!!
What the?

Last edited by snarktacular: 03-22-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: quoting edited post
Old
03-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yah!!!

Old
03-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Fallenity

Tanking is dangerous because it creates a losing mentality. Rationally and clinically speaking, of course teams should tank once their chance to get to the PO's. But I think the danger is that once the important games start rolling around again, the team can't switch off their "We can lose because it benefits us" -mentality and back to the "We have to win this" -mentality. The human psyche isn't that simple.

So that's why I'm against tanking and like that the team is winning, meaning they've still feel they've got something to show.

Closed Thread