HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
If he stays injury free and works more on his skating and upper body muscle, then next year could be lots of fun..

Imagine him passing to Kreider on the rush..

Old
03-21-2012, 09:27 AM
NYR Viper

He has looked great with Boyle on the 3rd line. With Boyle and Mitchell, that line has enough defensive responsibility, size and strength to be fine in the defensive end allowing MZA to do his thing in the offensive end.

He looks MUCH improved from earlier in the season and his presence on the PP has helped A LOT. He makes the cross-the-box pass which has been lacking all season. His vision is second to none on this team.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Vitto79

I'm sure Sather will go for Parise but if they swing and miss just resign Prust, Mitchell, Biron. Also Zuke, Bickel and Stralman as RFA. let the others walk. Let Kreider, Miller, Thomas battle for a spot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Rangers GM wants to bring back pending restricted free agent Mats Zuccarello.
He has skated in 50 games with the Rangers over the past two seasons after coming over from Sweden. Zuccarello is currently up with the big club right now and he has registered two goals and one assist in his last five games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richards, Gaborik ,Hagelin, Dubinsky, Stepan, Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle, Zuccarello, Rupp, Mitchell, Prust.....all 12 back.......one of the kids makes the team and Mitchell spares.

In G resign Biron to back up Hank. he's a good team guy and solid vet

On D just keep the kids rolling. McD, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto, Erixon, Sauer....Bickel and Stralman spares

Its a good team just keep it together over the next 3 yrs and go for the big prize

Old
03-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Xtranova

Would Sather be forced to give him a one way contract if he resigns?

Old
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
anofsti

No, he wouldn't, but I think he will accept the minimum qualifying offer if it's a one way...

Old
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Nich

resign him, say goodbye to Feds next year, add Kreider, and we are done up front. Doubt we can get Zach

Old
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
BerntBalchen

Well on the news on TV2 here in Norway, they said just now that Zucc just re-sign with Rangers.

Last edited by BerntBalchen: 03-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerntBalchen View Post
Well on the news on TV2 here in Norway, they said just now that Zucc just resign with Rangers.
Really?

Old
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
BerntBalchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Really?
http://www.tv2.no/sport/ishockey/ran...a-3738481.html
Link to Norwegian tv2

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...gn_zuccarello/

Old
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

What that article says is Sather wants to re-sign him. Nothing else.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
BerntBalchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
What that article says is Sather wants to resign him. Nothing else.

Its more like will, and as he says they normaly waits til season is over but actually says Zucc will stay. So there you go.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Its more like will, and as he says they normaly waits til season is over but actually says Zucc will stay. So there you go.

Say what? Article says Sather wants to re-sign him and Zucc wants to stay [in the NHL], but it doesn't in any way state that MZA is anywhere close to signing atm.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
BerntBalchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Say what? Article says Sather wants to re-sign him and Zucc wants to stay [in the NHL], but it doesn't in any way state that MZA is anywhere close to signing atm.
Are you really a Norwegian??

Rangers-sjef: – Vi vil re-signere med Zucca= Ranger-boss: - We will re-sign with Zucca

Glen Sather bekrefter at nordmannen er i fremtidsplanene til New York Rangers=Glen Sather confirms that the norwegian is in the future plans of New York Rangers.

Last edited by BerntBalchen: 03-21-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Are you really a Norwegian??

Rangers-sjef: – Vi vil re-signere med Zucca= Ranger-boss: - We will resign with Zucca.
I suggest you read the original piece on Ranger Rants, and not the Norwegian Tv2 one. Whoever translated that, should be fired. Looks like they just used Google translate.

If you read the Ranger Rants piece, it says that Slats would like to re-sign him, but in the off season.
This does not mean it will happen, but it could. If he is re-signed or not depends on what happens on the UFA marked, how players like Kreider etc does, and what demands Mats' has to re-sign. It could also be a way for Slats to maintain Mats' value in case he wants to trade him.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
BerntBalchen

Yes, i read the other news piece. And see now that tv2 made a poor translation. My fault then. I apologize to Dubkov21 and everyone else.

Old
03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

The Norwegian media should resign IMO.

5-2 Rangers. Boyle * 5

Old
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Quote:
Well on the news on TV2 here in Norway, they said just now that Zucc just resign with Rangers.
Well....be skeptical and don't trust every news report on Tv2.

TV2 = Tabloid journalism
(they don't know anything about sports journalism, only boring Norwegian soccer)

Old
03-21-2012, 03:37 PM
BerntBalchen

Actually, i just called Tv2 and told them the mistake they just did and that the Americans are making fun of them because of this. And they said they will change it right away.

Edit:saw the newsticker on tv2 news right now and they have changed it to "wish to re-sign him"

Last edited by BerntBalchen: 03-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Wal

Quote:
Actually, i just called Tv2 and told them the mistake they just did and that the Americans are making fun of them because of this. And they said they will change it right away.

Edit:saw the newsticker on tv2 news right now and they have changed it to "wish to resign him"

That made my day!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:48 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
No, he wouldn't, but I think he will accept the minimum qualifying offer if it's a one way...
If he wants to stay in NHL he has no choice but to sign the new QO. Unless of course another team comes along with an offer sheet, which rarely happens in NHL.

If Zuccarello refuses to sign with the Rangers, he is blocked from play in NHL and his only choice is to play for another league (SEL, KHL etc.), and he will owe the Rangers one contract year, if I am not mistaken.

Of course he will sign, even a two way contract, because he wants to play in the NHL, but if he only gets a two way contract, he will only sign for one year, and then become a UFA nest year.
Next season he will be eligible for waivers anyways, so the Rangers can´t just use him as an elevator between AHL and NHL. The Rangers are fully aware of that a player like Zuccarello will be claimed if put on waivers.

Anotherer strong game by Zuke against the Red Wings. His pass to Boyle was just amazing, a big shame that his team mates cannot bury his sensational passes. Some very good shifts along the board where he somehow manages to come out with the puck, and keep it with the team.
Drew a penalty, some might say it was stupid, but I think he just was unlucky. Didn´t get benched by Torts either, so I guess he saw the same.

Last edited by TigerJack: 03-22-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old
03-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
He's small, and sometimes it shows. He gets knocked off the puck when others would hold onto it. But he also takes the puck away at unexpected times, and his sense of who is where on the ice is extremely keen.

I think if he plays out the rest of the regular season with the Rangers, he may be of great value in the playoffs. He looked really good tonight, but there were times when he and other teammates got their wires crossed. When he thought someone would be one place, but they were in another, and vice versa. I think that's just a matter of getting to know who you're playing with.

I like the kid, I really do. I think he has a future with the Rangers. I think Tortorella was testing him out a bit tonight. I'm 99% sure he began a shift in the third period with Richards and Gaborik when Torts was looking for some offense.

I hope he stick with the team. The Rangers have too much jam and not enough bread, sometimes.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:00 AM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Of course he will sign, even a two way contract, because he wants to play in the NHL, but if he only gets a two way contract, he will only sign for one year, and then become a UFA nest year.
Next season he will be eligible for waivers anyways, so the Rangers can´t just use him as an elevator between AHL and NHL. The Rangers are fully aware of that a player like Zuccarello will be claimed if put on waivers.
I do belive so too, but I don't think he'd even think about otherwise if it were a 1-way. If it's a 2-way, I think he'll sign, but I'm not 100% sure. At least no longer than 1 year.

I next year, I think he either stays in NHL from day 1, or remains in the AHL the rest of the season.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:27 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
I do belive so too, but I don't think he'd even think about otherwise if it were a 1-way. If it's a 2-way, I think he'll sign, but I'm not 100% sure. At least no longer than 1 year.

I next year, I think he either stays in NHL from day 1, or remains in the AHL the rest of the season.
I believe the waiver period starts 12 days before the season opener, so as long as he is still at camp at that time, he's "safe".

Old
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
NYR Viper

He played another good game last night. He was ferocious on the puck on the forecheck and created some chances again. He looks good playing with Boyle and Anisimov as they use their size down low and he is able to find the soft areas of the ice.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Chimp

I have to say again, if Boyle doesn't start hitting the damn net soon, it's such a waste to play him with Zook. It's a waste of goals (that we need!) to see quality passes get ruined time after time. Although for all the Boyle bashing, he's at least good at putting himself in a position where Zook can find him. We know Boyle can score, that's what's so damn annoying.

The funny thing is, it seems it's almost always Boyle Zook is threading the puck to. They seem to have a really good understanding of eachother. Now if only Boyle could remember how to finish... ARGH! He could've scored a couple of goals already from the prime chances he's had. Hopefully, Anisimov can get some good passes in the next couple of games. His shot is wicked when he gets the open space to set it up.

Zook has looked better than ever in the last couple of games. His offensive skills have always been elite, but he isn't dogging it defensively and his board work is underrated. You get the impression he's all over the ice on his shifts, but that's not because of his skating, but because of his hockey IQ and vision once again. He's reading where the puck will end up before it is arriving there. It's such a joy to watch, not many players can do that. That's stuff that is so hard to teach out, you must have it in your gut feeling.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-22-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Closed Thread