HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic pounds Komisarek once again

Old
03-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
I dunno, Jack may be growing on me. his overselling of Lucic was comical but seriously Komisarek. Just give it up.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:02 AM
TheFinalWord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Lost what flat out? What are you referring to and who is boasting? That statement simply said that Lucic would have held his own with Laraque at age 18/19 (not get pummeled) and that as an 18 year old he fought a premier goon in the league at the time (Ivanans).

Laraque would have destroyed him. Lucic ran from him because he knew what would happen. I'm not saying that was a dumb move, because why take a beating and have the momentum turned, but at that time, he would have very likely been destroyed.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Komi had courage getting into it but I hate the way he stopped punching at some point, like he just wanted it to be over and turtled. Lucic was bit tired, Komi could have landed a few more blows.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:40 AM
BobbyFischer*

Hahahaahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I hate Lucic but I hate Komisarek even more.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Just as an aside, have any good fighters ever come out of the NCAA? No matter how big and strong a guy is, he really doesn't stand much of a chance against a trained boxer who's been in a ton of hockey fights before turning pro.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Just as an aside, have any good fighters ever come out of the NCAA? No matter how big and strong a guy is, he really doesn't stand much of a chance against a trained boxer who's been in a ton of hockey fights before turning pro.
That's the advantage of playing in the Canadian Magor Junior League. Wich David Branch wants to take away.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post

Laraque would have destroyed him. Lucic ran from him because he knew what would happen. I'm not saying that was a dumb move, because why take a beating and have the momentum turned, but at that time, he would have very likely been destroyed.
Lucic didn't 'run' at all, he stood right in front of him.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

See and here's the thing, you're on one side of the "Lucic would have been destroyed" debate, others are on the other side.

Their reasoning is that Lucic faced and held his own against guys who held their own against Laraque, and he did so in years 1 and 2 of his career.

You're reasoning is... I don't know, do you have any reasoning? I know you think the logic on the other side is shotty by the fact that you used a laughing smiley, but you neither really back up why you think it's "laugh out loud big yellow lemon head hilarious" nor do you bring any other points to defend your point of view.

I recognize your right to have that opinion, good on ya honestly, but I guess based on the above my opinion is your opinion is thinly veiled jealousy directed at the awesomeness of one Milan Lucic.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Parros

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

Destroyed or not, Laraque showed the hockey world that night that he was a useless enforcer because he would not break the stupid code and instigate Lucic. You are not enforcing anything if you skate around the whole night asking a player to fight you. If he was so concerned with doing his job, he would have faught him without his written consent, in cursive, 2 days before the game.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Destroyed or not, Laraque showed the hockey world that night that he was a useless enforcer because he would not break the stupid code and instigate Lucic. You are not enforcing anything if you skate around the whole night asking a player to fight you. If he was so concerned with doing his job, he would have faught him without his written consent, in cursive, 2 days before the game.
It's very simple to me. Julien told Lucic not to fight, BGL was supossed to fight but didn't....so who's the one that really didn't want to fight?

Every time Lucic gets in a fight we hear the same stuff, Lucic didn't fight laraque and he lost to Orr...oh the horror..

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:01 AM
acor

Why the hell the name Laraque is even mentioned here ? This guy was a joke, he was useless even as a goon. Lucic refused to fight Laraque- SO WHAT ? His match that night was Komisarek, not Laraque.

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Lucic is Orr's?
To be fair wouldn't that be more of carkners role.. and is there any shame in losing to orr who was one of the top 3 fighters in the league at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Not really. People bash Komi for stepping up, at least he does. Looch actually ran from a guy and to B's fans, it's Oh well that's ok. Julien didnt want him fighting excuses. Yet the very next night he fought frikkin Nick Boynton. So you know why he ran, had nothing to do with Julien. He was scared.

Someone said earlier this is his first fight of the year and he hasn't fought in a calender year.. so... umm he hasn't stepped up multiple times which is what you implying... i give him credit for taking his beating like a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Cool, so why has Looch fought other scrubs? Scrubs that just so happened to be a lot weaker than BGL. But scrubs nonetheless. His fightcard has no talent thugs on it. Cept the diff is Looch knew he had a shot with those guys. You guys like the yellow streak that Looch had running down his back? Doesn't seem very Bruin like to me.

I have no problem with Looch, I like his game and style, but you guys think he ***** rainbows.
Dude really? I love how this keeps on getting brought up.. looch was told not to fight him.. its his second or third year in the league.. why would he go pissing off his coach? Also I can counter that argument by saying BGL backed down several times to thornton.. yes they fought a couple times in the past but looch wasn't out there and thornton offered to go and BGL didn't. So I can now go ahead and say BGL was afraid of him? Some people on here are ridiculous.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Parros
Nilan, Jay Miller, sure plenty of others too

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Sheppy

Lucic is the man.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:11 AM
RyK15*

Beating up Komisarek is almost as easy as beating up Brian Boyle. Both guys simply have no fighting skills.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
acor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Beating up Komisarek is almost as easy as beating up Brian Boyle. Both guys simply have no fighting skills.
Yep. I have no doubt you'd easy beat them.

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
My thoughts...

Props to komisarek...Major balls to fight a guy who already made you look foolish twice...I actually like Mike...

As far as BGL vs an 18-19 year old Lucic, I think Lucic gets hammered. The two main culprits on why it never happened however are Julien and BGL. Julien should have stayed out of it, and Laraque should have grabbed hold and given him no choice..push the issue...there is no way Lucic turtles, against anyone.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Just feel bad for Komi now, Lucic destroyed his career in one fight. I give Komi props here though, theres no way he thought he was going to win, yet he still dropped them. Thats being tough.
I'd give him more credit if he were defending a teammate or even himself.

This was just a dumb choice.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
CDJ*

Komisarek was the aggressor. I still haven't decided if he was drunk, really brave, or really dumb.

I am leaning towards the latter.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Sheppy

It's funny, while he was "running" from BGL, he was scoring crucial points... It's hilarious. Who knows if Lucic was actually running? Maybe Laraque simply can't skate, therefore Lucic looked to be blazing by?

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:23 PM
ChoseLa

I hate Komisarek and love Lucic, but i gotta hand it to Komisarek, he has balls. I dont know if even pissed drunk i would go into such a mismatch.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Hades

I don't like either player, but I gotta hand it to Komisarek. It takes balls to fight an experienced fighter like Lucic. Especially after losing to him in the past. I don't think he fared THAT bad. At least he didn't get ko'd or fall on the ground.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:54 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Not as bad as the 08 ass kicking...but a good fight fsho

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
It's funny, while he was "running" from BGL, he was scoring crucial points... It's hilarious. Who knows if Lucic was actually running? Maybe Laraque simply can't skate, therefore Lucic looked to be blazing by?
Lucic scored right after bgl forgot how to do his job.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote