HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Are people allowed to add additional seats to their account before or after the secondary relocation process?
i honestly don't know but if i were in your shoes i would add a pair in the cheapest section possible and sell one pair and use the other and then drop one the following season. my rep did tell me that people who have 4 seats now won't be able to add anymore (used to be able to have 6 seats)

Old
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Did you notice that the knicks invoice is for 44 games?

Rangers are 41 games.
That's because Knicks preseason are played right about when the NHL regular season starts. With only the Rangers the extra weeks is worth more to them in construction time than 3 additional gates

Old
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
bklyn8

knicks tickets relocated from 411 Row B to 418 row 2...

Old
03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
OT: Hey I have no interest in plugging this, so this isn't spam or anything, but the Chase Preferred Sapphire Credit Card is a stupid good deal. I signed up just so I could get the hockey stick, but they give you 50,000 points after you spend $3K in the first 3 months.

Who cares about points, right? But actually, they let you trade the points for cash, so you can make the $3K limit with your tickets alone (which you were going to pay for anyways), then turn around right away and convert the points into $500 CASH. Stupid stupid good deal, I can't believe it. 500 bucks plus the hockey stick (and I'm sure I'll get a Knicks bonus too)

The preferred card has a $95 annual fee (waived in year 1) so I'm going to cancel in month 11, but you can get the non-preferred with no fee. The difference is that you only get 25,000 bonus points (still worth $250 cash)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I've actually been considering signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for the last week or so. Up until this year I have been renewing my tickets with my SPG Amex (best card out there imo) but now that MSG is going with Chase I'd prefer to still get the extra gift (stick.) The Chase SP is a Visa, which I don't have...and it also has no foreign transaction fee. Not sure I would take the $500 in cash, but rather start collecting the points which can be redeemed for awards in various programs, with Hyatt being the most attractive to me (the 50k points alone is more than sufficient for free 2 nights at any of their properties in the world.) Obviously if you don't put a decent amount of spend on the card each year the $95 fee is probably not worth it...in which case downgrading to the non-preferred could be a good option.

Good summary of the card here. Pretty good site in general if you are a point/mile collecting junkie like me. lol
I guess that deal was a little too good for Chase, they just reduced the bonus to 40,000 points instead of 50,000 (-$100) for the paid card and 10,000 points instead of 25,000 (-$150) for the free card. Glad I got in when I did

Old
03-22-2012, 04:59 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
While this logically makes sense, here is the problem I have with MSG's reasoning:

The old 300's and old 400's were not a difference of one row. If you were in Row A of the 400's, you were on a balcony and significantly higher then someone in the last row of the 300's; thus the need for a dramatically different price point of $20+ dollars is somewhat justifiable. In the case of the new upper bowl next year, the view between these price points is virtually identical and thus should not be priced at such a high difference. I would be perfectly ok if the row behind me was priced, lets say $5-8 lower. But $23 dollars is not acceptable to me -- which works out to be $2000.
Exactly my feeling too. It's just too much between row 14 and row 15.

I have 8 years tenure, and I'm not expecting them to do anything for me at this point. Last night, I found out four more seats next to me were moved back to the $50s. Add that to the rest of the row (except me) that have told me they were moved back to the $50s... and the two in front of me with less tenure.

My rep basically told me not to bother calling again -- they'd get in touch with me when they have a better idea of who's taking what. But reading between the lines, it's basically no hope. I either have to accept the $73 seats or lose my tickets. Therefore, I'm losing the tickets.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
irishlaxburger2

The pricing in the upper bowl should really go by row.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Exactly my feeling too. It's just too much between row 14 and row 15.

I have 8 years tenure, and I'm not expecting them to do anything for me at this point. Last night, I found out four more seats next to me were moved back to the $50s. Add that to the rest of the row (except me) that have told me they were moved back to the $50s... and the two in front of me with less tenure.

My rep basically told me not to bother calling again -- they'd get in touch with me when they have a better idea of who's taking what. But reading between the lines, it's basically no hope. I either have to accept the $73 seats or lose my tickets. Therefore, I'm losing the tickets.
Yep there is no way I can justify row 14 compared to 15 with the price difference.. Heck idk if I could justify even row 13..

They are going to have a tough time selling at least row 14 in my opinion and that is what they will probably have left to offer new season ticket holders.. ( I just put down a deposit)

Old
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Giacomin

I am in row 10 of 17 and am not thrilled but realize I am stuck for know. There is no way if I was in the last row would I renew and take a chance of getting stuck there. I had the back row in section 315 ,2 seasons ago but relocated and am glad I did. The back rows are going to be horrible for resales if I can get a seat 1 row back for $23 cheaper.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I am in row 10 of 17 and am not thrilled but realize I am stuck for know. There is no way if I was in the last row would I renew and take a chance of getting stuck there. I had the back row in section 315 ,2 seasons ago but relocated and am glad I did. The back rows are going to be horrible for resales if I can get a seat 1 row back for $23 cheaper.
so you're in the 10th row and the price change is in the 17th row? Im wondering if current season ticket holders that want to "downgrade" are going to have get to the back of the line per say when it comes to choosing tickets..

Old
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
so you're in the 10th row and the price change is in the 17th row? Im wondering if current season ticket holders that want to "downgrade" are going to have get to the back of the line per say when it comes to choosing tickets..
Basically if you don,t like your new seat location you can renew and take a chance of relocating or not renew and go to the back of the line. There is no downgrading just upgrading which I am comfortable with as I would not want to downgrade.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

The pricing tiers for the 200's are in row 1, row 2, rows 3-14, and rows 15-24. Those also vary by if they're center or corner/goal.

They now call Row 1 "Gallery"

Old
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Abooch68

That really sucks for season ticket holders. Sucks that I may have a better opportunity to purchase better value seasons because they would have to "get to the back of the line" if they aren't staisfied. I wonder how many are taking the chance and renewing who aren't happy with their seats.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
acjc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Basically if you don,t like your new seat location you can renew and take a chance of relocating or not renew and go to the back of the line. There is no downgrading just upgrading which I am comfortable with as I would not want to downgrade.
My 400 became West Balcony and I plan to renew as a worstcase scenario, with the potential of downgrading to a $47-$53. My rep keeps teling me it's a possibility to downgrade, but have to wait to see who's keeping what. Have you guys heard from your reps that there will be no downgrades? I keep hearing from mine that I can.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
My 400 became West Balcony and I plan to renew as a worstcase scenario, with the potential of downgrading to a $47-$53. My rep keeps teling me it's a possibility to downgrade, but have to wait to see who's keeping what. Have you guys heard from your reps that there will be no downgrades? I keep hearing from mine that I can.
I wouldn't mind being in the west balcony next year if that is worst case for a new season ticket holder...

Old
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't mind being in the west balcony next year if that is worst case for a new season ticket holder...
If two guys had assignments they didn't like I'm sure the Rangers would allow them to swap seating locations if they wanted to switch. There's no net loss to the team and they probably want to make you happy

Old
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Abooch68

I wonder what they are doing with all those brokers that have "season" tickets up in the west balcony.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
I wonder what they are doing with all those brokers that have "season" tickets up in the west balcony.
You have to assume that story is true, but it's all hear-say. If brokers did buy all those seats (doubt it), I would guess that they bought the Knicks and not the Rangers. Plenty of Rangers STH in the 400s got reassigned to the WB, but no fans from the Knicks were reassigned there

In fact, on the virtual 3D viewer, the Knicks haven't even bothered to load seat views from the West Balcony, probably because they don't have any season tickets in there

Old
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
You have to assume that story is true, but it's all hear-say. If brokers did buy all those seats (doubt it), I would guess that they bought the Knicks and not the Rangers. Plenty of Rangers STH in the 400s got reassigned to the WB, but no fans from the Knicks were reassigned there

In fact, on the virtual 3D viewer, the Knicks haven't even bothered to load seat views from the West Balcony, probably because they don't have any season tickets in there
Its NOT hear-say. I know a broker with 10+ seats up there and earlier in the season, there were several blocks of 10+ tickets on stubhub to every game.

From what I understand, the Rangers are allowing them to keep them for the foreseeable future. They grandfathered these guys in and then lowered the cap to 4 season tickets for everyone else. This is for the Rangers. I don't know about the Knicks (and don't care)

Old
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Traderalways

Quote:
That really sucks for season ticket holders. Sucks that I may have a better opportunity to purchase better value seasons because they would have to "get to the back of the line" if they aren't staisfied. I wonder how many are taking the chance and renewing who aren't happy with their seats.
The 2nd relocation I think comes before new business... That's what I was told

Old
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Its NOT hear-say. I know a broker with 10+ seats up there and earlier in the season, there were several blocks of 10+ tickets on stubhub to every game.

From what I understand, the Rangers are allowing them to keep them for the foreseeable future. They grandfathered these guys in and then lowered the cap to 4 season tickets for everyone else. This is for the Rangers. I don't know about the Knicks (and don't care)
Of course it's hear-say, here you are, ....saying. Not that I don't usually believe everything I read from anonymous people on the internet. Just "say'n". And on the 4 ticket per account limit, that was put in before this season started.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Yep there is no way I can justify row 14 compared to 15 with the price difference.. Heck idk if I could justify even row 13..

They are going to have a tough time selling at least row 14 in my opinion and that is what they will probably have left to offer new season ticket holders.. ( I just put down a deposit)
There will be plenty of people in the lower bowl who wants to move out of their behind the net or corner overpriced seats to take those almost center $73 row 14 seats (for a year or two until they can mover down a few rows; or by then the rangers will have more row pricings so the differences will narrow).

Remember, everything is relative and the rangers may just add more pricing points in 2013-2014 and beyond. The way teams are now maximizing revenue, what was once a great value seat can become the worst value overnight - just ask those center ice 200 level pre-renovation STHs who got moved to Club Center last season.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:

Wrong. There is no seat view from the Ranger Iomedia either.

In fact, the knicks at least have the WB on their 3D. The rangers' 3D doesn't even have the WB shown.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Traderalways

Quote:
There will be plenty of people in the lower bowl who wants to move out of their behind the net or corner overpriced seats to take those almost center $73 row 14 seats (for a year or two until they can mover down a few rows; or by then the rangers will have more row pricings so the differences will narrow).

Remember, everything is relative and the rangers may just add more pricing points in 2013-2014 and beyond. The way teams are now maximizing revenue, what was once a great value seat can become the worst value overnight - just ask those center ice 200 level pre-renovation STHs who got moved to Club Center last season.
Great point.... Row 15 next year in the 200's level could go up 50 percent... No rhyme or reason!!!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Wrong. There is no seat view from the Ranger Iomedia either.

In fact, the knicks at least have the WB on their 3D. The rangers' 3D doesn't even have the WB shown.
I haven't heard of anyone relocated to the West Balcony for the Knicks, and people in in the same 400s got WB for Rangers but 400's/200s for the Knicks

If you read through this thread you'll see some of the people that got West Balcony Rangers

Also, check http://knicks2012.io-media.com/ because you can't even see the level 10 deck. And if you "select a section" to WB, the image never loads because they don't have one.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
I haven't heard of a single person relocated to the West Balcony for the Knicks, and people in similar seats got 400s Knicks whereas those same 400s Rangers for West Balcony.

If you read through this thread you'll see some of the people that got West Balcony Rangers
I was talking about your remarks on the 3D viewers.

Closed Thread