HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
  #751
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Are people allowed to add additional seats to their account before or after the secondary relocation process?
i honestly don't know but if i were in your shoes i would add a pair in the cheapest section possible and sell one pair and use the other and then drop one the following season. my rep did tell me that people who have 4 seats now won't be able to add anymore (used to be able to have 6 seats)

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
  #752
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Did you notice that the knicks invoice is for 44 games?

Rangers are 41 games.
That's because Knicks preseason are played right about when the NHL regular season starts. With only the Rangers the extra weeks is worth more to them in construction time than 3 additional gates

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
  #753
bklyn8
Registered User
 
bklyn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
knicks tickets relocated from 411 Row B to 418 row 2...

bklyn8 is offline  
Old
03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
  #754
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
OT: Hey I have no interest in plugging this, so this isn't spam or anything, but the Chase Preferred Sapphire Credit Card is a stupid good deal. I signed up just so I could get the hockey stick, but they give you 50,000 points after you spend $3K in the first 3 months.

Who cares about points, right? But actually, they let you trade the points for cash, so you can make the $3K limit with your tickets alone (which you were going to pay for anyways), then turn around right away and convert the points into $500 CASH. Stupid stupid good deal, I can't believe it. 500 bucks plus the hockey stick (and I'm sure I'll get a Knicks bonus too)

The preferred card has a $95 annual fee (waived in year 1) so I'm going to cancel in month 11, but you can get the non-preferred with no fee. The difference is that you only get 25,000 bonus points (still worth $250 cash)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I've actually been considering signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for the last week or so. Up until this year I have been renewing my tickets with my SPG Amex (best card out there imo) but now that MSG is going with Chase I'd prefer to still get the extra gift (stick.) The Chase SP is a Visa, which I don't have...and it also has no foreign transaction fee. Not sure I would take the $500 in cash, but rather start collecting the points which can be redeemed for awards in various programs, with Hyatt being the most attractive to me (the 50k points alone is more than sufficient for free 2 nights at any of their properties in the world.) Obviously if you don't put a decent amount of spend on the card each year the $95 fee is probably not worth it...in which case downgrading to the non-preferred could be a good option.

Good summary of the card here. Pretty good site in general if you are a point/mile collecting junkie like me. lol
I guess that deal was a little too good for Chase, they just reduced the bonus to 40,000 points instead of 50,000 (-$100) for the paid card and 10,000 points instead of 25,000 (-$150) for the free card. Glad I got in when I did

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:59 AM
  #755
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
While this logically makes sense, here is the problem I have with MSG's reasoning:

The old 300's and old 400's were not a difference of one row. If you were in Row A of the 400's, you were on a balcony and significantly higher then someone in the last row of the 300's; thus the need for a dramatically different price point of $20+ dollars is somewhat justifiable. In the case of the new upper bowl next year, the view between these price points is virtually identical and thus should not be priced at such a high difference. I would be perfectly ok if the row behind me was priced, lets say $5-8 lower. But $23 dollars is not acceptable to me -- which works out to be $2000.
Exactly my feeling too. It's just too much between row 14 and row 15.

I have 8 years tenure, and I'm not expecting them to do anything for me at this point. Last night, I found out four more seats next to me were moved back to the $50s. Add that to the rest of the row (except me) that have told me they were moved back to the $50s... and the two in front of me with less tenure.

My rep basically told me not to bother calling again -- they'd get in touch with me when they have a better idea of who's taking what. But reading between the lines, it's basically no hope. I either have to accept the $73 seats or lose my tickets. Therefore, I'm losing the tickets.

jhnyr is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
  #756
irishlaxburger2
Registered User
 
irishlaxburger2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
The pricing in the upper bowl should really go by row.

irishlaxburger2 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:35 AM
  #757
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Exactly my feeling too. It's just too much between row 14 and row 15.

I have 8 years tenure, and I'm not expecting them to do anything for me at this point. Last night, I found out four more seats next to me were moved back to the $50s. Add that to the rest of the row (except me) that have told me they were moved back to the $50s... and the two in front of me with less tenure.

My rep basically told me not to bother calling again -- they'd get in touch with me when they have a better idea of who's taking what. But reading between the lines, it's basically no hope. I either have to accept the $73 seats or lose my tickets. Therefore, I'm losing the tickets.
Yep there is no way I can justify row 14 compared to 15 with the price difference.. Heck idk if I could justify even row 13..

They are going to have a tough time selling at least row 14 in my opinion and that is what they will probably have left to offer new season ticket holders.. ( I just put down a deposit)

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
  #758
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
I am in row 10 of 17 and am not thrilled but realize I am stuck for know. There is no way if I was in the last row would I renew and take a chance of getting stuck there. I had the back row in section 315 ,2 seasons ago but relocated and am glad I did. The back rows are going to be horrible for resales if I can get a seat 1 row back for $23 cheaper.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
  #759
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I am in row 10 of 17 and am not thrilled but realize I am stuck for know. There is no way if I was in the last row would I renew and take a chance of getting stuck there. I had the back row in section 315 ,2 seasons ago but relocated and am glad I did. The back rows are going to be horrible for resales if I can get a seat 1 row back for $23 cheaper.
so you're in the 10th row and the price change is in the 17th row? Im wondering if current season ticket holders that want to "downgrade" are going to have get to the back of the line per say when it comes to choosing tickets..

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
  #760
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
so you're in the 10th row and the price change is in the 17th row? Im wondering if current season ticket holders that want to "downgrade" are going to have get to the back of the line per say when it comes to choosing tickets..
Basically if you don,t like your new seat location you can renew and take a chance of relocating or not renew and go to the back of the line. There is no downgrading just upgrading which I am comfortable with as I would not want to downgrade.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
  #761
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
The pricing tiers for the 200's are in row 1, row 2, rows 3-14, and rows 15-24. Those also vary by if they're center or corner/goal.

They now call Row 1 "Gallery"

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
  #762
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
That really sucks for season ticket holders. Sucks that I may have a better opportunity to purchase better value seasons because they would have to "get to the back of the line" if they aren't staisfied. I wonder how many are taking the chance and renewing who aren't happy with their seats.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
  #763
acjc1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Basically if you don,t like your new seat location you can renew and take a chance of relocating or not renew and go to the back of the line. There is no downgrading just upgrading which I am comfortable with as I would not want to downgrade.
My 400 became West Balcony and I plan to renew as a worstcase scenario, with the potential of downgrading to a $47-$53. My rep keeps teling me it's a possibility to downgrade, but have to wait to see who's keeping what. Have you guys heard from your reps that there will be no downgrades? I keep hearing from mine that I can.

acjc1 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
  #764
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
My 400 became West Balcony and I plan to renew as a worstcase scenario, with the potential of downgrading to a $47-$53. My rep keeps teling me it's a possibility to downgrade, but have to wait to see who's keeping what. Have you guys heard from your reps that there will be no downgrades? I keep hearing from mine that I can.
I wouldn't mind being in the west balcony next year if that is worst case for a new season ticket holder...

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
  #765
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
My 400 became West Balcony and I plan to renew as a worstcase scenario, with the potential of downgrading to a $47-$53. My rep keeps teling me it's a possibility to downgrade, but have to wait to see who's keeping what. Have you guys heard from your reps that there will be no downgrades? I keep hearing from mine that I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I wouldn't mind being in the west balcony next year if that is worst case for a new season ticket holder...
If two guys had assignments they didn't like I'm sure the Rangers would allow them to swap seating locations if they wanted to switch. There's no net loss to the team and they probably want to make you happy

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
  #766
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
I wonder what they are doing with all those brokers that have "season" tickets up in the west balcony.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
  #767
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I wonder what they are doing with all those brokers that have "season" tickets up in the west balcony.
You have to assume that story is true, but it's all hear-say. If brokers did buy all those seats (doubt it), I would guess that they bought the Knicks and not the Rangers. Plenty of Rangers STH in the 400s got reassigned to the WB, but no fans from the Knicks were reassigned there

In fact, on the virtual 3D viewer, the Knicks haven't even bothered to load seat views from the West Balcony, probably because they don't have any season tickets in there

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
  #768
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
You have to assume that story is true, but it's all hear-say. If brokers did buy all those seats (doubt it), I would guess that they bought the Knicks and not the Rangers. Plenty of Rangers STH in the 400s got reassigned to the WB, but no fans from the Knicks were reassigned there

In fact, on the virtual 3D viewer, the Knicks haven't even bothered to load seat views from the West Balcony, probably because they don't have any season tickets in there
Its NOT hear-say. I know a broker with 10+ seats up there and earlier in the season, there were several blocks of 10+ tickets on stubhub to every game.

From what I understand, the Rangers are allowing them to keep them for the foreseeable future. They grandfathered these guys in and then lowered the cap to 4 season tickets for everyone else. This is for the Rangers. I don't know about the Knicks (and don't care)

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
  #769
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
That really sucks for season ticket holders. Sucks that I may have a better opportunity to purchase better value seasons because they would have to "get to the back of the line" if they aren't staisfied. I wonder how many are taking the chance and renewing who aren't happy with their seats.
The 2nd relocation I think comes before new business... That's what I was told

Traderalways is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
  #770
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Its NOT hear-say. I know a broker with 10+ seats up there and earlier in the season, there were several blocks of 10+ tickets on stubhub to every game.

From what I understand, the Rangers are allowing them to keep them for the foreseeable future. They grandfathered these guys in and then lowered the cap to 4 season tickets for everyone else. This is for the Rangers. I don't know about the Knicks (and don't care)
Of course it's hear-say, here you are, ....saying. Not that I don't usually believe everything I read from anonymous people on the internet. Just "say'n". And on the 4 ticket per account limit, that was put in before this season started.

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
  #771
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Yep there is no way I can justify row 14 compared to 15 with the price difference.. Heck idk if I could justify even row 13..

They are going to have a tough time selling at least row 14 in my opinion and that is what they will probably have left to offer new season ticket holders.. ( I just put down a deposit)
There will be plenty of people in the lower bowl who wants to move out of their behind the net or corner overpriced seats to take those almost center $73 row 14 seats (for a year or two until they can mover down a few rows; or by then the rangers will have more row pricings so the differences will narrow).

Remember, everything is relative and the rangers may just add more pricing points in 2013-2014 and beyond. The way teams are now maximizing revenue, what was once a great value seat can become the worst value overnight - just ask those center ice 200 level pre-renovation STHs who got moved to Club Center last season.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
  #772
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
You have to assume that story is true, but it's all hear-say. If brokers did buy all those seats (doubt it), I would guess that they bought the Knicks and not the Rangers. Plenty of Rangers STH in the 400s got reassigned to the WB, but no fans from the Knicks were reassigned there

In fact, on the virtual 3D viewer, the Knicks haven't even bothered to load seat views from the West Balcony, probably because they don't have any season tickets in there
Wrong. There is no seat view from the Ranger Iomedia either.

In fact, the knicks at least have the WB on their 3D. The rangers' 3D doesn't even have the WB shown.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
  #773
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
There will be plenty of people in the lower bowl who wants to move out of their behind the net or corner overpriced seats to take those almost center $73 row 14 seats (for a year or two until they can mover down a few rows; or by then the rangers will have more row pricings so the differences will narrow).

Remember, everything is relative and the rangers may just add more pricing points in 2013-2014 and beyond. The way teams are now maximizing revenue, what was once a great value seat can become the worst value overnight - just ask those center ice 200 level pre-renovation STHs who got moved to Club Center last season.
Great point.... Row 15 next year in the 200's level could go up 50 percent... No rhyme or reason!!!

Traderalways is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
  #774
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Wrong. There is no seat view from the Ranger Iomedia either.

In fact, the knicks at least have the WB on their 3D. The rangers' 3D doesn't even have the WB shown.
I haven't heard of anyone relocated to the West Balcony for the Knicks, and people in in the same 400s got WB for Rangers but 400's/200s for the Knicks

If you read through this thread you'll see some of the people that got West Balcony Rangers

Also, check http://knicks2012.io-media.com/ because you can't even see the level 10 deck. And if you "select a section" to WB, the image never loads because they don't have one.

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
  #775
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I haven't heard of a single person relocated to the West Balcony for the Knicks, and people in similar seats got 400s Knicks whereas those same 400s Rangers for West Balcony.

If you read through this thread you'll see some of the people that got West Balcony Rangers
I was talking about your remarks on the 3D viewers.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.