HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

First Hand B Sens Ranking

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
  #26
HappyDude
Classless
 
HappyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
On a side note, Petersson also knows golf, hole in one today on one of the local links..


@RobinLehner
@petersson20 just got his first hole in one !!! Sic shot

http://yfrog.com/mna9eeoj
WOW Petterson looks so much like Eazy-E!

HappyDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
  #27
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
I'm not sure Klinkhammer stays up next year when everyone is healthy, but OBrien should.

Sign one or two more physical guys for some "protection" and this should be a pretty good group of forwards. Some combination of

Hoffman - Locke - Zibanejad
Prince - Pageau - Stone
Klinkhammer - DaCosta - Petersson
Dziurzynski - Cannone - Grant

Thank could be real fun to watch

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
  #28
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 500
Thanks again Zeke & Ski, appreciate your opinions & writeups. Really hoping that the Murrays change things around for Bingo next season. Hopefully some of the new blood will rejuvenate the team & the second yr players will turn it arounf for them. Good luck next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:06 AM
  #29
zrep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
I'm not sure Klinkhammer stays up next year when everyone is healthy, but OBrien should.

Sign one or two more physical guys for some "protection" and this should be a pretty good group of forwards. Some combination of

Hoffman - Locke - Zibanejad
Prince - Pageau - Stone
Klinkhammer - DaCosta - Petersson
Dziurzynski - Cannone - Grant

Thank could be real fun to watch
don't forget Puempel

zrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:36 AM
  #30
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrep View Post
don't forget Puempel
He will not be available next year, but I did forget Schneider

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
  #31
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
I'm not sure Klinkhammer stays up next year when everyone is healthy, but OBrien should.

Sign one or two more physical guys for some "protection" and this should be a pretty good group of forwards. Some combination of

Hoffman - Locke - Zibanejad
Prince - Pageau - Stone
Klinkhammer - DaCosta - Petersson
Dziurzynski - Cannone - Grant

Thank could be real fun to watch
Locke's contract is up end of this year, no way he re-signs. If he does I will be shocked and amazed.

sens83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:58 AM
  #32
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,875
vCash: 611
I've heard that Grant was somewhat of a pleasant surprise... would he really get 4th line minutes again next year?

__________________
hockeyalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:04 AM
  #33
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Also,

DD is improving so much that I expect him to have a bigger role next season.

I don't think Klinkhammer will be back either, although it would be great if he decides to be the veteran down in Bingo.

DD - Hoffman - Zibanejad
?? - DaCosta - Petersson
Prince - Pageau - Stone
?? - Cannone - Grant

You've got Caporusso, Cowick, Downing, Hamilton, Schneider, and I'm not sure if Culek will be eligible or not, not sure of his age.

I also don't think, if KK remains the coach, that he will put a line of rookies together.

Schnieder - Hoffman - Zibanejad
Prince - DaCosta - Petersson
DD - Cannone - Stone
Hamilton - Pageau - Grant
Caporusso
Cowick
Downing

sens83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
  #34
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
I've heard that Grant was somewhat of a pleasant surprise... would he really get 4th line minutes again next year?
IMO Grant really hasn't progressed much. He's terrible slow on his skates and is like Stone Hands 2.0.

The one thing he excels at is his corner play. When he gets the puck down in the corner he is able to control the puck, shield it, and use his size and strength to fight off the defender. It allows the other forwards to come in and make some plays.

The rest of his game is mediocore at best.

sens83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
  #35
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Hoffman as a Centre? Is that a change - I thought he was being groomed as a LW.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
  #36
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Hoffman as a Centre? Is that a change - I thought he was being groomed as a LW.
He's played both, he does take faceoffs. It's either him or Z-Bad based on what I threw out there. I deemed it more important that Z-Bad play wing.

sens83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
  #37
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
He's played both, he does take faceoffs. It's either him or Z-Bad based on what I threw out there. I deemed it more important that Z-Bad play wing.
I know he did that in junior. He's a big boy. If he could handle the Centre position it would be a plus for the organization as a whole.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
  #38
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 500
2012 - 2013 Season

I didn't know where to place this so I'm placing it here, if the Sens re-sign certain guys to two way contracts this organization could field three impressive teams in Ottawa, Bingo & Elmira. I believe that is all of the players/prospects available to play next season. Just saying.

Ottawa Senators
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Condra - Regin - Butler
Foligno - Z. Smith - Neil/Winchester

Cowen - Karlsson
Phillips - Gilroy
UFA - Gonchar/Carkner

Anderson - Bishop

Bingo Senators
Filatov - O'Brien - Petersson
Klinkhammer - Da Costa - Zibanejad
Schneider - Hoffman - Stone
Dzuirzynski - Grant - Kramer/Daugavins

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba
Blood - Claesson/Sdao

Lehner - Auld

Elmira Jackals
Prince - Cannone - Sorenson
Culek - Pageau - Downing
Bashkirov - Caporusso - Bartlett
Cowick - Hamilton - Lessard/Sandin

Henningson - Schira
Raymond - Godfrey
Lyamin - Conboy/Kinrade

McKenna - Stewart

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
  #39
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I didn't know where to place this so I'm placing it here, if the Sens re-sign certain guys to two way contracts this organization could field three impressive teams in Ottawa, Bingo & Elmira. I believe that is all of the players/prospects available to play next season. Just saying.

Ottawa Senators
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Condra - Regin - Butler
Foligno - Z. Smith - Neil/Winchester

Cowen - Karlsson
Phillips - Gilroy
UFA - Gonchar/Carkner

Anderson - Bishop

Bingo Senators
Filatov - O'Brien - Petersson
Klinkhammer - Da Costa - Zibanejad
Schneider - Hoffman - Stone
Dzuirzynski - Grant - Kramer/Daugavins

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba
Blood - Claesson/Sdao

Lehner - Auld

Elmira Jackals
Prince - Cannone - Sorenson
Culek - Pageau - Downing
Bashkirov - Caporusso - Bartlett
Cowick - Hamilton - Lessard/Sandin

Henningson - Schira
Raymond - Godfrey
Lyamin - Conboy/Kinrade

McKenna - Stewart
That won't be Ottawa's third line. Regin likely won't be resigned, Butler and possibly Condra will both be out played for spots and will be shipped to some other team. Gilroy will not be playing on our second pairing, Filatov isn't playing in the AHL it is either NHL or KHL for him. Based on the level of competition, he will be playing in the KHL. DD has improved too much to be playing on the 4th line in Bingo, IMO he plays in the top six and takes on a similar role to what Greening did last year and Klinkhammer did this year. Prince is too damn good to be playing in the ECHL. He is completing a dominant season in the OHL and he looked pretty good during his preseason game. I would be shocked if he plays in the ECHL.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  #40
petelevi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
That won't be Ottawa's third line. Regin likely won't be resigned, Butler and possibly Condra will both be out played for spots and will be shipped to some other team. Gilroy will not be playing on our second pairing, Filatov isn't playing in the AHL it is either NHL or KHL for him. Based on the level of competition, he will be playing in the KHL. DD has improved too much to be playing on the 4th line in Bingo, IMO he plays in the top six and takes on a similar role to what Greening did last year and Klinkhammer did this year. Prince is too damn good to be playing in the ECHL. He is completing a dominant season in the OHL and he looked pretty good during his preseason game. I would be shocked if he plays in the ECHL.
I agree with most of the above, although I think Condra is likely to stay and it's possible (albeit unlikely) that Prince could see time in the ECHL (impossible to judge right now without knowing what Binghamton's roster will look like).

I doubt Daugavins would accept a two-way deal and I'm not convinced Claesson or Sorensen will be brought over next year. There's no chance Lyamin gives up his KHL salary to play in the ECHL and Kinrade isn't going to come back for that either.

Sandin/Bashkirov: the former is no longer Sens property and has done nothing to warrant a free agent offer, while the latter struggles to play in Russia's tier-2 league.

I could quibble with other things, but the speculation is fun and lineups can't really be judged until free agency is under way in July.

petelevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:16 PM
  #41
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
That won't be Ottawa's third line. Regin likely won't be resigned, Butler and possibly Condra will both be out played for spots and will be shipped to some other team. Gilroy will not be playing on our second pairing, Filatov isn't playing in the AHL it is either NHL or KHL for him. Based on the level of competition, he will be playing in the KHL. DD has improved too much to be playing on the 4th line in Bingo, IMO he plays in the top six and takes on a similar role to what Greening did last year and Klinkhammer did this year. Prince is too damn good to be playing in the ECHL. He is completing a dominant season in the OHL and he looked pretty good during his preseason game. I would be shocked if he plays in the ECHL.
Whoa ... I just wanted to put something together to look at Ottawa's possible depth for next season without really giving much thought to lines or pairings. I threw some guys in there just to fill spots knowing full well they are likely done with Ottawa's organization. So I agree with you on most of it & as Pete says until we know what happens this summer there is still a lot of unknowns.

P.S. - Prince is my dark horse prospect for next season, IMO he will be the best under 6' prospect we have in the organization but it will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:26 AM
  #42
Bileur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Something I've noticed is Boro has taken over the toughness role that Gryba had last year. It seems whenever there's a challenge or someone needs to stand up for a teammate, it's been Boro instead of Eric. Maybe that's an order from the coaches, idk.

He had 13 fights last year and hockeyfights.com has him at two this year. He went from 131 pim to 80 this year. Yes he more than doubled his points, but I don't the fighting drop as I don't think Gryba will make the show unless he's an enforcer
I came back to the thread just to post this exact thought. I agree, anyone have any comments or insights which might explain this?

I remember Gryba being rated as the best potential fighter in his draft class by THN. He does not look that great and I doubt he'll ever be an enforcer but he could certainly more than hold his own if he chose to do so.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:23 AM
  #43
Canuckman44
Registered User
 
Canuckman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gatineau/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
My guess is that he wants to be on the ice and get better at all aspects of the game and that by cutting PIMs he will be on the ice more and therefore develop his defensive and offensive games. I also think that he sees the writing on the wall with this organization and he is doing whatever he can to develop his whole game. With fighting under such scrutiny, maybe this is a good move on his part. Just trying to figure out the logic of 13 to 2 fights.
I'm sure Wiercioch wonders where his future is as well. He doesn't have the defensive game or the toughness. He offensive game is average at best.
Schira seems to be playing with more jump lately, good to see.
To bad about Conboy getting hurt, he had picked up the fighting slack.
Finally it just seems that less guys in general are fighting. Lessard doesn't even see the ice/

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:53 AM
  #44
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 840
How about this revised line-up based on Aragorn's initial one and the feedback he got? Adding a few ideas of mine in there too...

Ottawa Senators
Greening/FA - Spezza - Michalek <- signing a FA would have a domino effect on LW
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Regin/Foligno - Z.Smith - Condra
Foligno/Greening - O'Brien - Neil

Kuba/FA - Karlsson
Cowen - Gilroy/FA
Phillips - Gonchar

Anderson - Bishop

Bingo Senators
Klinkhammer - Da Costa - Petersson
Prince - Zibanejad - Stone <-
Dzuirzynski - Cannone - Hoffman <- don't know where to fit Hoffman
Schneider - Grant - Kramer

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba
Blood - Claesson/Sdao

Lehner - Auld

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
  #45
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 500
2012-2013 Bingo Sens

Here is a more realistic lineup to the Bingo roster for next season based on who we know at this point should be back. One of the weaknesses IMO is the lack of size down the middle at the centre position with the exception of Grant & lacking a little experience on defence. Benoit would be a welcome addition on Bingo's defence for next season.

Hoffman - Cannone - Zibanejad
Klinkhammer - Da Costa - Petersson
Dzuirzynski - Grant - Stone
Schneider - Hamilton - Downing/Kramer

Boroweicki - Wideman
Wiercioch - Gryba
Blood - Schira ??? - other possibilities Henningson, Godfrey, Conboy or UFA

Lehner - ??? - if Auld does not get an NHL contract, I wonder if he would take a two way contract? McKenna could be re-signed or a UFA NCAA/European goalie signed.

Assigned to Elmira - Pageau, Caporusso, Prince, Culek & Cowick

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:18 PM
  #46
petelevi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Here is a more realistic lineup to the Bingo roster for next season based on who we know at this point should be back. One of the weaknesses IMO is the lack of size down the middle at the centre position with the exception of Grant & lacking a little experience on defence. Benoit would be a welcome addition on Bingo's defence for next season.
The season isn't over (10 games remain) and picking positions is difficult when so many players on the roster play both center and wing, but here's a rough idea of who I think will stay and who will go:

Staying
Forwards (11): Klinkhammer, O'Brien, Hoffman, Dziurzynski, Cannone, Caporusso, Da Costa, Grant, Schneider, Petersson, Hamilton
Defence (3): Gryba, Borowiecki, Wiercioch
Goalies (1): Lehner

Gone
Forwards (6): Locke, Lessard, Parrish, Cowick, Downing, Bartlett
Defence (5): Conboy, Schira, Godfrey, Henningson, Raymond
Goalies (2): McKenna, Stewart

Additions
Forwards (3-7): likely one AHL veteran, Kramer, Silfverberg (likely NHL), Zibanejad (likely NHL), Stone, Prince*, Pageau*
Defence (3-4): one AHL veteran, Blood, Wideman, Sdao (if they can convince him to sign)
Goalies (2): two AHL veterans (one for Elmira)

* if the roster is overcrowded I could see the Sens letting these players stay another year in junior

petelevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
  #47
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Whoa ... I just wanted to put something together to look at Ottawa's possible depth for next season without really giving much thought to lines or pairings. I threw some guys in there just to fill spots knowing full well they are likely done with Ottawa's organization. So I agree with you on most of it & as Pete says until we know what happens this summer there is still a lot of unknowns.

P.S. - Prince is my dark horse prospect for next season, IMO he will be the best under 6' prospect we have in the organization but it will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.
My bad, I must have read your post out of context or something. I was under the impression that you were actually speculating that that would be the roster and that Butler would be playing on the third line.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.