HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sarah Baicker doesn't like you

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah no kidding. This entire thread is cringeworthy.

This thread is awesome. Thread of the year.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:22 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
All the Beat Writers stalk us from time to time. We are after all the largest collection of hockey knowledge, criticism, and news updates in the world. Power in numbers I guess?

Technically HF does a better job at informing people about hockey than all the news sources put together. Congratulations guys, you are all not only a part of the media, but because you police yourselves, you're better than that same media.

I do bet that Sarah is the most guilty among the writers though. She's young enough to get the jokes.
What jokes?

Old
03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
What jokes?

Old
03-22-2012, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don't ever take HF for granted. What would you ever do? Watch TSN constantly? You wouldn't even get a hundredth of the stuff you get on HF.
I take HF for what it is, and all it will ever be. A message board. Thats all it is. Take it for granted? You act like if this site didnt exsist we all would be lost in getting "stuff" on hockey. Please. get over yourself.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
BernieParent

HF Boards: The Magic 8 Ball of the Hockey World.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I take HF for what it is, and all it will ever be. A message board. Thats all it is. Take it for granted? You act like if this site didnt exsist we all would be lost in getting "stuff" on hockey. Please. get over yourself.
Especially funny considering that HF crashes anytime any big news happens

Old
03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Before twitter it was the fastest way to get hockey news on trades and signings. That's what I used it for for a long time. I also refuse to get a twitter, so I still do use it for that purpose.

It's just a message board, but it's also the largest such board on the internet if I'm not mistaken. A lot of hockey googles will show hfboards on some part of the first page. That's how I found it in the first place, and that's going back like 6 years or so.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Really? If you think you're important enough to tell me to get over myself for no reason, you probably have something you yourself should be getting over.

And I'm not trying to glorify HF, but it's very much true. You won't get better information about all things hockey anywhere on the planet. You get the dumb opinions here too, but it's up to you to weed them out. You shouldn't need your hand held for that.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
BillDineen

There are other Flyers forums. The best part of this one IMO is the Prospect information that the large number of members can comment on. The downside of too many members is that Leafs/Habs type obsessive delusional fans can ruin threads in the Trade Rumors and NHL Talk sections.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:51 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Really? If you think you're important enough to tell me to get over myself for no reason, you probably have something you yourself should be getting over.

And I'm not trying to glorify HF, but it's very much true. You won't get better information about all things hockey anywhere on the planet. You get the dumb opinions here too, but it's up to you to weed them out. You shouldn't need your hand held for that.
ITS
A

nothing more, nothing less.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
There are other Flyers forums. The best part of this one IMO is the Prospect information that the large number of members can comment on. The downside of too many members is that Leafs/Habs type obsessive delusional fans can ruin threads in the Trade Rumors and NHL Talk sections.
That's true too. I used to use it a lot of the time for that as well.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:53 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
ITS
A

nothing more, nothing less.
It's a message board with a lot of obsessive members who post everything the instant it comes out.

You get better coverage of hockey news here than watching any TV program, reading any magazine, or listening to any expert.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:00 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
It's a message board with a lot of obsessive members who post everything the instant it comes out.

You get better coverage of hockey news here than watching any TV program, reading any magazine, or listening to any expert.
I am not going to deny you can get good stuff here. you can. But as someone already pointed out there is twitter as well, and that might be a faster way to get news, articles ect ect.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:00 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Before twitter it was the fastest way to get hockey news on trades and signings. That's what I used it for for a long time. I also refuse to get a twitter, so I still do use it for that purpose.

It's just a message board, but it's also the largest such board on the internet if I'm not mistaken. A lot of hockey googles will show hfboards on some part of the first page. That's how I found it in the first place, and that's going back like 6 years or so.
Ahhh, I remember when I was that guy.....who thought twitter was useless. If you have a mobile device, it is the best app to use! Sign up, follow Flyer beatwriters, Meltzer, Bob Mckenzie, Darren Dreger, Brendan Shanahan, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, Zac Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds, Jacob Voracek, NHLFlyers, EuroFlyers. Then come back in one week and tell me what you think.

I just finished the same experiment with a buddy, he can't believe he was avoiding twitter when he didn't even know what it was.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:

EXACTLY WHY I LOVE IT HERE! I admit, I LOVE the Flyers, I am obsessed with them. Instead of looking at CSNPhilly.com, Flyers website, Philly.com, etc, etc. I come here regularly. If ANYTHING is happening Flyer related, it is here instantly. Cool article postings. Game day reports. A thread discussing anything relevant. If you can't see that.....oh well

Old
03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Ahhh, I remember when I was that guy.....who thought twitter was useless. If you have a mobile device, it is the best app to use! Sign up, follow Flyer beatwriters, Meltzer, Bob Mckenzie, Darren Dreger, Brendan Shanahan, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, Zac Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds, Jacob Voracek, NHLFlyers, EuroFlyers. Then come back in one week and tell me what you think.

I just finished the same experiment with a buddy, he can't believe he was avoiding twitter when he didn't even know what it was.

It really is useless to me though lol. I don't care what anyone is doing, or what they have to say. They're hockey players I watch, not my friends. And if they were my friends I wouldn't follow them. If I wanted to know what they were doing I'd call/text them. I may be the minority, but it's cause I have the soul of an old man haha.

I also waste enough work time here, on brotherlyglove, fangraphs, and at a non sports board lol.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
ORYX

Quote:

I disagree, you get better dialogue about a topic, but what you get from an expert, insider, league source is what starts those discussions.

Not to mention everyone validates the information based on expert, insiders etc.

I wouldn't argue that this is the best place in the world to talk hockey and get information, but its also the best place to get a pile of ****.

At least with experts etc you know what you are reading is either true, or very well informed.

If you follow all the best experts, insiders and league sources on places like twitter, you get it before it even hits these boards, without a doubt.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Xegiie

did we scare Sarah away?

Old
03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
did we scare Sarah away?
Yes, probably 3 or 4 pages ago.

03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I disagree, you get better dialogue about a topic, but what you get from an expert, insider, league source is what starts those discussions.

Not to mention everyone validates the information based on expert, insiders etc.

I wouldn't argue that 1)this is the best place in the world to talk hockey and get information, but its also 2)the best place to get a pile of ****.

3)At least with experts etc you know what you are reading is either true, or very well informed.

If you follow all the best experts, insiders and league sources on places like twitter, you get it before it even hits these boards, without a doubt.
1) Possibly true

2) Most definitely true

3) Some of the people that pass for experts in hockey would be the people contributing to #2 if they posted here.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I am not going to deny you can get good stuff here. you can. But as someone already pointed out there is twitter as well, and that might be a faster way to get news, articles ect ect.
One twitter source or even 10-20 are not going to cover nearly the amount that HF covers.

You're fooling yourself I you think twitter can replace HFboards based on sheer volume or speed of coverage.

These boards are not always the first source of material (though on quite a few occasions they are -- think about who the first source is to cover a huge hit or a major relevant occurrence in any league plus a youtube video), but even when they aren't the first they are guaranteed to be the second.

Making light of that kind of information gathering is a "rookie mistake."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
At least with experts etc you know what you are reading is either true, or very well informed.

You mightily overrate "experts." There are a few very well informed sources, but there are smart people on these boards too.

I'm not saying real experts like McKenzie and Meltzer aren't important. They very much are, but when it comes to actual information gathering and intellectual discussion, nothing beats HF.

If you really believe news media surpasses HFBoards in terms of hockey coverage then you really are just someone who likes being told what to think instead of thinking for yourself. If that is the case, then I feel sorry for you. Idiots on HFBoards or not, this place is an incredible outlet for all things hockey; second to none. If you didn't actually already know this, you wouldn't be here posting.

(I think we just broke the fourth wall of HF.)

Last edited by CS: 03-22-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Lightning fan stopping in just to say what a great thread.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
did we scare Sarah away?
She still be tweetin me.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
She still be tweetin me.
It's about a restraining order, isn't it?

Old
03-22-2012, 02:47 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Send a message via AIM to mcsarahbell Send a message via Skype™ to mcsarahbell
A) Most people here argue Bill Meltzer is by and far the best writer covering the Flyers....
B) There is unquestionably FAR more crap here than there is useful information, and you have to really sort through it to get to any thing of use.
C) Sorry everyone, but Hockey Buzz is the better hockey message board. This one is fun...but that one is better...
D) Sarah Baicker is a friend of mine...and she is a pretty kick ass chick. She knows hockey...plays hockey...and obviously had the balls to stand up to everyone here, and then joke with you. She IS that girl. Forehead guy...you're a no in her book even on a drunk night. 5 guy...you're a no in her book even in the end of the world scenario. BernieParent...you're a maybe...because anyone with Bernie Parent namesake is a maybe for most of us
E) tpanotch is a tool, agreed.
F) Look at me, knowing the alphabet, and ****...

Keep having fun everyone...Go Flyers.

Closed Thread