HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your move, Washington

Old
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Kyndig86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
The Slash was the right call. He did come down on his stick over the top.

The non-call on the spear, is a different story
You mean the slash that hit absolutely nothing other than the ice? yeah ok whatever

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:06 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
You mean the slash that hit absolutely nothing other than the ice? yeah ok whatever
His blade didn't hit the stick, his shaft did. By rule it was the right call. However, they missed on the spear.

61.1 Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Vanek came over the top with the stick, his shaft broke the other guys stick.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Kyndig86

Quote:
His blade didn't hit the stick, his shaft did. By rule it was the right call. However, they missed on the spear.

61.1 Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Vanek came over the top with the stick, his shaft broke the other guys stick.
I don't care what the rule says because frankly if that was the case there would be at least 5 slashing calls each game.

and the guys stick broke because of the spearing itself not the slash...that being said I rather be slashed than speared. I speared myself once on accident and it hurt like a sob, the thing pretty much pole vaulted me lol

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

i love people who quote the rule book for a league that doesnt follow it. Pretty sure its written in crayon.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
I watched the game on TV and the crowd was good.....maybe hes just used to college football games or european soccer atmosphere
did u see the old lady giving it to Leino? I LOLd. Its around 4:30 left in the first. YOU BUM!

Old
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
I don't care what the rule says because frankly if that was the case there would be at least 5 slashing calls each game.

and the guys stick broke because of the spearing itself not the slash...that being said I rather be slashed than speared. I speared myself once on accident and it hurt like a sob, the thing pretty much pole vaulted me lol
one of the more "underratedly" painful injuries in the sport. Sucks getting speared, but worse when you do it to yourself. Happens to most of us, though.

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
benlackner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
That was an excellent play, indeed, and no penalty.

BTW, at the risk of sounding dumb, I've been trying to figure out who the guy in your avatar is for a long time, and I give up. So, who is he? Also, I miss zombie Tallinder. Wasn't that you?
It's Jonah from Summer Heights High. It's an Australian T.V. show that is pretty famous on youtube. It is very funny

benlackner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
i love people who quote the rule book for a league that doesnt follow it. Pretty sure its written in crayon.
Not my fault they can't follow their own rules...

To me its like playing 4 corners when you were a kid at the local roller skating rink.
Everybody knows the rules but you know there are kids that will change corners so they don't lose when the "ref" isn't looking. As someone is cheating you have tons of people yelling and complaining, and you know that "ref" will do nothing about it.

Now that I think about it, its too similar to that. oh god.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Not my fault they can't follow their own rules...

To me its like playing 4 corners when you were a kid at the local roller skating rink.
Everybody knows the rules but you know there are kids that will change corners so they don't lose when the "ref" isn't looking. As someone is cheating you have tons of people yelling and complaining, and you know that "ref" will do nothing about it.

Now that I think about it, its too similar to that. oh god.
hahaha that's a good comparison.

My favorite rule is the "Diving" rule. By the letter of the law, it should be called 2-6 times a game. But it's muddled by this old way of not calling the original call because the ref was insulted by the embellishment. But then later on the ref might feel bad about something and call a marginal penalty that wasn't embellished. The refs feelings and the current score, time remaining, or location of the game are not in the rule book, but those things are taken into account more than the rule book.