Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads/Nathan MacKinnon, 2011-12 Season

Old
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Oh believe me I know, Moncton is 5-3 vs us year. We play our worst hockey against their system. And BB has been playing their best hockey of the season this past few weeks. A month ago we were the favorites should we meet in the second round, now I'm not so sure.

I was bringing up Saint John because they are seen as pretty much unbeatable. And they showed that with their 6-1 trouncing of us. But if we can get Hannay and Gillard back, should we be fortunate enough to make the 3rd round, we have the potential to surprise them.
Ya, I'd love to surprise SJ too... but realistically, we'd be destroyed lol.. We're just too young as is. And SJ will win more games against Cape Breton, then the Eagles will score goals against them in the playoffs

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:05 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Yesterday evening at the Pei/Halifax game, Mackinnon left mid third period with an injury, and he seemed pretty pissy about it. I wonder if he hurt his shoulder again???
Ducharme pulled him because "people on the Rocket were taking runs at him and being up 5-0 we didn't want to risk it" or something to that extent...

Nate punched the wall a couple times, proabably just ticked so he's expected to be back Friday.

Frk and definitely Ashley (lol) may not be

Old
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Ducharme pulled him because "people on the Rocket were taking runs at him and being up 5-0 we didn't want to risk it" or something to that extent...

Nate punched the wall a couple times, proabably just ticked so he's expected to be back Friday.

Frk and definitely Ashley (lol) may not be
Well he skated off by himself and went straight to the dressing room. It was just an assumption but.... Glad to hear that he's fine. And with the Ashley incident, from where I was sitting, I couldn't see the corner it happened in, was the crosscheck viscious? On another note, Graves and Andrews had a great scrap....

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Well he skated off by himself and went straight to the dressing room. It was just an assumption but.... Glad to hear that he's fine. And with the Ashley incident, from where I was sitting, I couldn't see the corner it happened in, was the crosscheck viscious? On another note, Graves and Andrews had a great scrap....
Ya I haven't seen a vid... hoping to find one on Youtube but I doubt it (Ashley Slash)

Andrews fighting? lol, I've seen that once

Old
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Ya I haven't seen a vid... hoping to find one on Youtube but I doubt it (Ashley Slash)

Andrews fighting? lol, I've seen that once
Haha, he only fought a 16 year old, but he did land a couple....both are big boys...

Old
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
markrander87

I'd make Hardie a healthy scratch, i'd much rather see either Shewfelt or Desmond on th eice then Hardie, he's beyond unpredictable.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Here's an article I wrote previewing a few Moose players heading into next year's draft.

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/hal...2013-eligible/

03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Here's an article I wrote previewing a few Moose players heading into next year's draft.

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/hal...2013-eligible/
Good read, and with Halifax getting all the attention next year, Falkenhan may get drafted in the later rounds as well. If Mackinnon doesn't make it out of his draft year the Moose will be even scarier in 2013-14...

Old
03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
bigdirty

Quote:
Good read, and with Halifax getting all the attention next year, Falkenhan may get drafted in the later rounds as well. If Mackinnon doesn't make it out of his draft year the Moose will be even scarier in 2013-14...
Falkenham is a late 95 birthday so I'm pretty sure he's not even eligible to be drafted until 2014. Should be interesting to see what he can do with two more seasons of development.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:03 AM
markrander87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Falkenham is a late 95 birthday so I'm pretty sure he's not even eligible to be drafted until 2014. Should be interesting to see what he can do with two more seasons of development.
You are correct, kids only in grade 10

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-31 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Go moose go
go moose go

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-31 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Beauty of a goal by Frk

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:41 PM
mapes

Quote:
I doubt he'll be on the team in 2013-2014, probably make the NHL. Should go first overall and they very rarely stay in the CHL. But Drouin, Frk, Ciampini, Fucale should all be around, among some other good players so they could actually be solid without Mackinnon.

Good performance tonight in Mackinnons playoff debut. How is Frk looking, though? Saw he had some points (a goal?) but overall.. is he returning to the way he was? Which teams stand in our way? Mostly just Saint John?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:54 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
man the metro centre was rocking

Mackinnon's first Q playoff goal was just great so slick

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Cut and Dry Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
man the metro centre was rocking

Mackinnon's first Q playoff goal was just great so slick
Monster goal. There are a lot of pro's that don't have the ability to score that goal. Going to be a great playoff run and 2013 season!

Cut and Dry Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:24 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I doubt he'll be on the team in 2013-2014, probably make the NHL. Should go first overall and they very rarely stay in the CHL. But Drouin, Frk, Ciampini, Fucale should all be around, among some other good players so they could actually be solid without Mackinnon.

Good performance tonight in Mackinnons playoff debut. How is Frk looking, though? Saw he had some points (a goal?) but overall.. is he returning to the way he was? Which teams stand in our way? Mostly just Saint John?
I've heard rumors (theres alot of rumors lol) that the NHL CBA this summer may include raising the NHL playing age to 19 or 20. Don't know too much about the situation, but MacKinnon, Drouin, Frk, Ryan, Ciampini, Fucale all in their 3rd/4th years? it wouldnt be fair to the other teams

Frk: He is returning to his preseason form. And he was dominant. He has the best shot in the draft arguably and his skating has really improved... Pairing him with Nate is a great idea because they're both so explosive that you can't double team one of them, cuz the other will be open. These two next year IMO will be the best 1-2 forward punch in the Q.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:34 AM
RJQuack

Great game by the Moosedomes! After the 1st they were dominant. Moncton rely on Defense and there top player may be out for a couple games (Saulnier) so this series really opens up with his loss. With the solid tending the Moose have, getting 3 goals might win it everytime... which isn't hard to do with the forward group we have.

We needa take tonights game, get up 2-0 and try and put this away ASAP cuz you never know with Moncton...

As for Falkenham, he really goes unnoticed what with 3 16yo's ahead of him lol... Thats how good and young this team is... Falks put up 12 pts for a guy who is supposed to playing in MidgetAAA this year... not bad... He'll probably play as many games as Randell... Great leader too.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
mapes

Quote:
I've heard rumors (theres alot of rumors lol) that the NHL CBA this summer may include raising the NHL playing age to 19 or 20. Don't know too much about the situation, but MacKinnon, Drouin, Frk, Ryan, Ciampini, Fucale all in their 3rd/4th years? it wouldnt be fair to the other teams

Frk: He is returning to his preseason form. And he was dominant. He has the best shot in the draft arguably and his skating has really improved... Pairing him with Nate is a great idea because they're both so explosive that you can't double team one of them, cuz the other will be open. These two next year IMO will be the best 1-2 forward punch in the Q.
Really? Never heard that one. We'd easily win

For those going on about Nates goal, it was actually highlight of the night on TSN. When do you ever see that?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Libbs

Abeltshauser suspended 2 games for his hit on Houde.

When clean hits gets you suspended... might as well eliminate hitting.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
No way it happens. Hockey Canada and the CHL mused about it, but the NHL would never do it. At least not in such a short amount of time that it would affect those players with Halifax.

03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
No way it happens. Hockey Canada and the CHL mused about it, but the NHL would never do it. At least not in such a short amount of time that it would affect those players with Halifax.
I forgot to mention it's not likely to happen but still I can dream

Old
03-24-2012, 12:34 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Abeltshauser suspended 2 games for his hit on Houde.

When clean hits gets you suspended... might as well eliminate hitting.
I'm sorry could you repeat that? WHAT?!!?!?!!?!? I need to see a vid to make any judgments... But if It's what i'm thinking of... thats complete ********. Thats the definition of a joke.

Old
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM
plaugher

Skip to 0:33 in this version of the game report for the hit:

RDS's game recap on their QMJHL page also has multiple angles of the hit. Second link down on the right-hand side-bar.

Last edited by plaugher: 03-24-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: YT
plaugher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Libbs

He cant help that he's 6"5'... the hit looks worse than it is because the Moncton player didnt have his helmet on properly and it flew off.

Good thing its not the OHL... he would have gotten 10 games!

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:51 PM
LeafDangler

Guy's lips were bleeding. Say whatever you want about a 6'6' guy hitting a shorter player but there was absolutely contact with the head. Should have been penalized in-game rather than suspended though.

LeafDangler is offline   Reply With Quote