HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Sarah Baicker doesn't like you

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Haha, what the sweet hell is happening in here. I don't know, but I think I like it.

03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahbell View Post
A) Most people here argue Bill Meltzer is by and far the best writer covering the Flyers....
B) There is unquestionably FAR more crap here than there is useful information, and you have to really sort through it to get to any thing of use.
C) Sorry everyone, but Hockey Buzz is the better hockey message board. This one is fun...but that one is better...
D) Sarah Baicker is a friend of mine...and she is a pretty kick ass chick. She knows hockey...plays hockey...and obviously had the balls to stand up to everyone here, and then joke with you. She IS that girl. Forehead guy...you're a no in her book even on a drunk night. 5 guy...you're a no in her book even in the end of the world scenario. BernieParent...you're a maybe...because anyone with Bernie Parent namesake is a maybe for most of us
E) tpanotch is a tool, agreed.
F) Look at me, knowing the alphabet, and ****...

Keep having fun everyone...Go Flyers.
I think that this is one thing all Flyers fans can agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Haha, what the sweet hell is happening in here. I don't know, but I think I like it.
So does Michael J Fox. He gives this thread 3 uncontrollable head shakes.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:59 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
So does Michael J Fox. He gives this thread 3 uncontrollable head shakes.

I give this 5 classless Subban's.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
One twitter source or even 10-20 are not going to cover nearly the amount that HF covers.

You're fooling yourself I you think twitter can replace HFboards based on sheer volume or speed of coverage.

These boards are not always the first source of material (though on quite a few occasions they are -- think about who the first source is to cover a huge hit or a major relevant occurrence in any league plus a youtube video), but even when they aren't the first they are guaranteed to be the second.

Making light of that kind of information gathering is a "rookie mistake."

You mightily overrate "experts." There are a few very well informed sources, but there are smart people on these boards too.

I'm not saying real experts like McKenzie and Meltzer aren't important. They very much are, but when it comes to actual information gathering and intellectual discussion, nothing beats HF.

If you really believe news media surpasses HFBoards in terms of hockey coverage then you really are just someone who likes being told what to think instead of thinking for yourself. If that is the case, then I feel sorry for you. Idiots on HFBoards or not, this place is an incredible outlet for all things hockey; second to none. If you didn't actually already know this, you wouldn't be here posting.

(I think we just broke the fourth wall of HF.)
When it comes to big breaking news, twitter beats HF to the punch every time. Absolutely every time. You may get more sources, but if you follow the right people, you get it right away. I ALWAYS get my twitter updates before a big story hits the boards here. And when it does hit here, its just twitter links.

I'm not saying overall coverage here isnt more plentiful, but I don't need 17 people reciting what one person said on twitter etc.

I understand there are few true experts, not everyone working for a station is an expert by any means, use your discretion though.

The one thing HF is certainly better at breaking are the rumours that by the grace of god come true, which credible sources didnt want to tarnish their name by repeating.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
A) Most people here argue Bill Meltzer is by and far the best writer covering the Flyers....
B) There is unquestionably FAR more crap here than there is useful information, and you have to really sort through it to get to any thing of use.
C) Sorry everyone, but Hockey Buzz is the better hockey message board. This one is fun...but that one is better...
D) Sarah Baicker is a friend of mine...and she is a pretty kick ass chick. She knows hockey...plays hockey...and obviously had the balls to stand up to everyone here, and then joke with you. She IS that girl. Forehead guy...you're a no in her book even on a drunk night. 5 guy...you're a no in her book even in the end of the world scenario. BernieParent...you're a maybe...because anyone with Bernie Parent namesake is a maybe for most of us

This thread just got good.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
BillDineen

Quote:

No way. To join you have to give money to Eklund. That makes it more likely he stays in business, which is just plain WRONG.

Are you actually Tim P? D has a girly tone, but I could not rule out that Tim P might be attracted to anyone with a Bernie Parent namesake. (and E is a trick).

Old
03-22-2012, 02:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
No way. To join you have to give money to Eklund. That makes it more likely he stays in business, which is just plain WRONG.
I can get behind this motion.

HockeyBuzz however also supports Meltzer.

That said, HB has less idiots because it has less people. It also has less of the good that you get out of HF because of it. Law of averages. Both places probably have about the same idiot per volume based on population in the end.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Kevin Danko

vCash: 897
Best part of this thread was when Sarah said, "put it in". yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's going down!

Old
03-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Is this anyone I should know? Or just one of Sarah Baicker random friends chiming in?

Oh and Hockeybuzz blows

Old
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Best part of this thread was when Sarah said, "put it in". yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's going down!
He. Heh heh. You spelled...ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Is this anyone I should know? Or just one of Sarah Baicker random friends chiming in?

Oh and Hockeybuzz blows
You should hit on her. Tell her she has pretty ears.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
BillDineen

Quote:

Oh and Hockeybuzz blows
Might be Sarah opening a second account.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
You get one classless Subban.

Quote:
That's not allowed!

Old
03-22-2012, 02:21 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Believe it or not, some people DO have friends who post on the same boards as them.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
BillDineen

Quote:

That is a violation!

Who is moderating the moderators?

Old
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Hey now I was just telling it like it was with Sarah Baicker... I'm not a man ho who hits on everyone now! Five head... still cracks me up. people are so ingenious sometimes.

Old
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
this thread is just one great big....

Old
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Believe it or not, some people DO have friends who post on the same boards as them.
That was her first post ever.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Hey now I was telling it like it was with Sarah Baicker... I'm not a man ho who hits on everyone now! Five head... still cracks me up. people are so ingenious sometimes.
Five-head is much better suited for Phaneuf. I've been calling him that for years

Old
03-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
That was her first post ever.
I like how she made an account and it seems she just wanted to get a point across. But still made an avatar for that said account. I thought it might be a one time post but maybe not.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I wonder if her 'friend' is a cutie?

We require pics

Old
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I wonder if her 'friend' is a cutie?

We require pics
This the screening section to weed out these rumored "5-heads?"

Old
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This the screening section to weed out these rumored "5-heads?"
Was to weed out if she looked like an ogre.. But 5-heads can be in the filter process

Old
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
EXACTLY WHY I LOVE IT HERE! I admit, I LOVE the Flyers, I am obsessed with them. Instead of looking at CSNPhilly.com, Flyers website, Philly.com, etc, etc. I come here regularly. If ANYTHING is happening Flyer related, it is here instantly. Cool article postings. Game day reports. A thread discussing anything relevant. If you can't see that.....oh well
So true. I LIKED twitter for instant Flyers news but it quickly became a fan's nightmare when all the Flyers beat writers spent every tweet bashing Bryz. I get it, the guy wasn't playing as expected at one point but when I begged them all to tell a new story (as is what is done in journalism) like pointing out bad D turnovers, etc - pretty much every one of them blocked me.

I was blocked for truth. Journalism requires telling a story not regurgitating the same information over and over regarding goaltending.

I literally NEVER read CSNPhilly or any of the other websites they all post to. I come here to see what the people are saying. Because, aside from the serious nutjobs that pretty much placed a hit on our goalie, there is such much more diversity and perspective here.

Appreciate you all for giving me my Flyers fix when needed.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
So true. I LIKED twitter for instant Flyers news but it quickly became a fan's nightmare when all the Flyers beat writers spent every tweet bashing Bryz. I get it, the guy wasn't playing as expected at one point but when I begged them all to tell a new story (as is what is done in journalism) like pointing out bad D turnovers, etc - pretty much every one of them blocked me.

I was blocked for truth. Journalism requires telling a story not regurgitating the same information over and over regarding goaltending.

I literally NEVER read CSNPhilly or any of the other websites they all post to. I come here to see what the people are saying. Because, aside from the serious nutjobs that pretty much placed a hit on our goalie, there is such much more diversity and perspective here.

Appreciate you all for giving me my Flyers fix when needed.
Bro Hug!

Old
03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Bro Hug!
Bring back Bro Hymn!

Closed Thread