HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sarah Baicker doesn't like you

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
Nah, HFBoards is best.

People follow the game very closely here and remember almost every small story or tidbit that goes along with the team. It's like having your own collective Flyers memories brain. Also, the prospect info / international information.

Information hits basically instantly and you get great fan reaction and almost immediate commentary that is way way better than anywhere else. Even the more hyperbolic responses are genuinely how fans are. You get a great pulse on the community and great information. Experts aren't inventing Subban rating systems or posting "Funniest hockey pics" threads that not only inform you as you learn the stories but make you laugh.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Bring back Bro Hymn!
you mean you don't like hearing: DUH DUH DUH DUHDUHDUHDUHDUH!

Old
03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you mean you don't like hearing: DUH DUH DUH DUHDUHDUHDUHDUH!
Sounds like a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:56 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Send a message via AIM to mcsarahbell Send a message via Skype™ to mcsarahbell
Down boys! I do exist as a real person. If you feel so inclined, you can verify my existence on Twitter (same username).

And lol...my "friend" Sarah Baicker... has standards for her MEN

Don't worry, my skin is just as thick as hers.

I, too, believe tpanotch would have interest in Bernie, for the record.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
FlyersMania2

On a side note - since the forums are the best shot we have at getting all encompassing Flyers news, and we agree that most of us are hockey savvy

WE SHOULD START OUR OWN FLYERS WEBSITE!

haha. Seriously we could bring in the work of those who already write/blog the stuff that are on here and we can have different members contribute peices on different angles.

If I could develop websites, I would create it but I have minimal knowledge there. We could even already have a big following if everyone on here read it!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
On a side note - since the forums are the best shot we have at getting all encompassing Flyers news, and we agree that most of us are hockey savvy

WE SHOULD START OUR OWN FLYERS WEBSITE!

haha. Seriously we could bring in the work of those who already write/blog the stuff that are on here and we can have different members contribute peices on different angles.

If I could develop websites, I would create it but I have minimal knowledge there. We could even already have a big following if everyone on here read it!
Why not just have a shameless self-promotion thread where people can post stuff that they've already written for other places?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:02 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It really is useless to me though lol. I don't care what anyone is doing, or what they have to say. They're hockey players I watch, not my friends. And if they were my friends I wouldn't follow them. If I wanted to know what they were doing I'd call/text them. I may be the minority, but it's cause I have the soul of an old man haha.

I also waste enough work time here, on brotherlyglove, fangraphs, and at a non sports board lol.
You are making the classic anti-twitter argument.

I truly mean no offense when I say this, but you simply don't understand twitter. That is NOT what it is. (Unless you want it to be that...but that's dumb).

Old
03-22-2012, 03:03 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Why not just have a shameless self-promotion thread where people can post stuff that they've already written for other places?
IDK bc if we had a legit website that had a real following, some of the contributors could probably get into the games to cover. I've known of far less eloquent folks with popular blogs that get press passes.

Plus, no self-promotion - it's supposed to be a solution - providing a valuable, intelligent resource to people who are seeking Flyers commentary/news/etc - bc let's be honest, we love ourselves here on HFBoards BUT to the non-users we are just forum folk with opinions.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
I think that this is one thing all Flyers fans can agree on.

So does Michael J Fox. He gives this thread 3 uncontrollable head shakes.

Wow, you're a ****ing *******. How old are you, 13?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
You are making the classic anti-twitter argument.

I truly mean no offense when I say this, but you simply don't understand twitter. That is NOT what it is. (Unless you want it to be that...but that's dumb).
I know you mean no offense, but honestly what is it then?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Tix still available for tonight's game. As low as $15 on SH and $20 on FTXchange. Not bad to see Ove take shots from 19, 17 and 36 all night.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Wow, you're a ****ing *******. How old are you, 13?
12 actually.

I'm sure you never thought anything that was "wrong" was funny.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahbell View Post
Tix still available for tonight's game. As low as $15 on SH and $20 on FTXchange. Not bad to see Ove take shots from 19, 17 and 36 all night.
Hm, now you are trying to sell us things?!

Nice try Flyers employee!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
I know you mean no offense, but honestly what is it then?
Firstly, I need to clarify that it is almost a necessity to have a smartphone for Twitter to be useful.

Think of it like this messageboard on steroids (or at least why I come here). It hand delivers you information THE SECOND it happens, and it does so in 140 characters or less.

Yes, I could pull out my phone and go to HF mobile site and read threads, but that normally requires some clicking to get the full scoop. And let's face it, messageboards are for discussion.

Let me paint a picture for you.

It's July 1st 2012, NHL Free Agency day one of the best days of the year. I pull out my phone, and in one touch of the screen, Twitter is open, and I see the following:

Bob McKenzie:
Minnesota signs Parise 7 years 49 million.

Bill Meltzer:
Flyers sign Suter. 11 years 66 million.

Sarah Baicker:
Flyers sign Suter. Read about it here.

Darren Dreger:
Nicklass Grossmann re-signs with Flyers

Bob McKenzie:
Flyers Trade Meszaros for 2nd round pick. Making cap room?

So in one touch of my phone, and in about 20 seconds of reading, I KNOW EVERYTHING! And mind you, almost all of these are accompanied by a link to these guy's articles. I can click them if I want to dig further. Or (if you're like me), if something really interests you, you can then go and hop on HF and either A) break the news yourself or B) read the discussion.

Imagine the same thing on trade deadline day.

Edit: And because it's all on an extremely simple, easy to read application, you can do this everywhere. Between meetings at work. At the bar with your buddies. At a red light. On the toilet. Everywhere.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Hm, now you are trying to sell us things?!

Nice try Flyers employee!
Ha...Nope. I think the Flyers try to get way more than $15...notice I referenced the Flyers Ticket Exchange and Stub Hub...at $15 and $20.00 I'm more likely helping season ticket holders....but ... seriously... get off the negativity train and appreciate someone helping you go see Flyers v. Caps for less than $90.00 each...

Old
03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Ha...Nope. I think the Flyers try to get way more than $15...notice I referenced the Flyers Ticket Exchange and Stub Hub...at $15 and $20.00 I'm more likely helping season ticket holders....but ... seriously... get off the negativity train and appreciate someone helping you go see Flyers v. Caps for less than $90.00 each...
I'll go if you go as my date.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Quote:
Firstly, I need to clarify that it is almost a necessity to have a smartphone for Twitter to be useful.

Think of it like this messageboard on steroids (or at least why I come here). It hand delivers you information THE SECOND it happens, and it does so in 140 characters or less.

Yes, I could pull out my phone and go to HF mobile site and read threads, but that normally requires some clicking to get the full scoop. And let's face it, messageboards are for discussion.

It's July 1st 2012, NHL Free Agency day one of the best days of the year. I pull out my phone, and in one touch of the screen, Twitter is open, and I see the following:

Bob McKenzie:

Bill Meltzer:

Sarah Baicker:

Darren Dreger:

Bob McKenzie:

So in one touch of my phone, and in about 20 seconds of reading, I KNOW EVERYTHING! And mind you, almost all of these are accompanied by a link to these guy's articles. I can click them if I want to dig further. Or (if you're like me), if something really interests you, you can then go and hop on HF and either A) break the news yourself or B) read the discussion.

Yeah...this is a great point...still have to know the credible sources...

Point..

Two nights ago..

EaglesInside posts on Twitter..
Eagles Sign Tebow for 6th Round Pick. Will trade Kafka. Or some crap like that.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Bob McKenzie:

Bill Meltzer:

Sarah Baicker:

Darren Dreger:

Bob McKenzie:

Edit: And because it's all on an extremely simple, easy to read, application, you can do this everywhere. Between meetings at work. At the bar with your buddies. At a red light. On the toilet. Everywhere.
Just go to the trade boards and hit refresh.

You'll not only know that, but you'll know EVERYTHING from around the NHL, not just news from the guys you follow.

10-20 twitter accounts don't cover nearly as much ground as of thousands of obsessed hockey fans. Fact.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

TSN has pretty good coverage...especially on Trade Deadline day.

Darren Dreger probably has some of the best/quickest news on Twitter.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Quote:
I'll go if you go as my date.
Already going...

Old
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Already going...
I'll pick you up at 6?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Just go to the trade boards and hit refresh.

You'll not only know that, but you'll know EVERYTHING from around the NHL, not just news from the guys you follow.

10-20 twitter accounts don't cover nearly as much ground as of thousands of obsessed hockey fans. Fact.
And you have to view it on an ugly mobile site, that is less user friendly than an application.

On an iphone...open safari, open a bookmark, go to Trade Rumors forum. When it's time to refresh, scroll to the top, then touch refresh.

On Twitter. Open Twitter. Read. MAYBE flick your thumb down once.

You also have to sift through all of the "rumors" and "speculation" that are made up on the Trade Rumors forum.

Where do you think the Confirmed Trades come from on that forum? The McKenzie's and Dreger's etc. of the world's twitters.

I'm not trying to bash these forums. I love them, and spend tons of time here. As an avid user of both, Twitter breaks the news first, and it does so more cleanly, and in less words. It then allows me to actively seek out more info if I want it.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
TSN has pretty good coverage...especially on Trade Deadline day.

Darren Dreger probably has some of the best/quickest news on Twitter.
Like I said, it's not just speed.

One second Dreger posts it, and the next second you have updates, news, analysis, scouting reports, and anything else inside and out that you could possibly imagine about every little detail from every crevice of the hockey world.

HFBoards blows everything out of the water as far as information gathering and everything.

Let's say Dreger could somehow be superhuman enough to do all of that for that one trade.

You also have tons of other things happening around the league at the exact same time. Every one of those things gets updated, critiqued, analyzed, and detailed from every corner of the hockey universe at exactly the same time.

Nothing comes close.

Quote:
And you have to view it on an ugly mobile site, that is less user friendly than an application.

On an iphone...open safari, open a bookmark, go to Trade Rumors forum. When it's time to refresh, scroll to the top, then touch refresh.

On Twitter. Open Twitter. Read. MAYBE flick your thumb down once.

You also have to sift through all of the "rumors" and "speculation" that are made up on the Trade Rumors forum.

Where do you think the Confirmed Trades come from on that forum? The McKenzie's and Dreger's etc. of the world's twitters.

I'm not trying to bash these forums. I love them, and spend tons of time here. As an avid user of both, Twitter breaks the news first, and it does so more cleanly, and in less words. It then allows me to actively seek out more info if I want it.
Twitter's benefit is certainly a more condensed control over any given situation, but even if you employ that method in extreme circumstances, HFBoards will have far more in terms of analysis and discussion a second later.

So Twitter is useful really only in the extreme scenario that HFBoards is crashing...? That sounds more like Twitter is the back-up plan and HFBoards is the first source to me.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Quote:
I'll pick you up at 6?
Yeah...sure...

Hey while everyone spends so much time bashing the writers...where are the drunk Cotesy comments...and does no one hear Lou constantly refer to Wellwood as Kyle? He is about 60lbs heavier than Eric...how can Lou not know this?

That is all for today. I need to strap on my hooker boots, as Krishna is picking me up, apparently, in T-minus 90 minutes.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
A) Most people here argue Bill Meltzer is by and far the best writer covering the Flyers....
B) There is unquestionably FAR more crap here than there is useful information, and you have to really sort through it to get to any thing of use.
C) Sorry everyone, but Hockey Buzz is the better hockey message board. This one is fun...but that one is better...
D) Sarah Baicker is a friend of mine...and she is a pretty kick ass chick. She knows hockey...plays hockey...and obviously had the balls to stand up to everyone here, and then joke with you. She IS that girl. Forehead guy...you're a no in her book even on a drunk night. 5 guy...you're a no in her book even in the end of the world scenario. BernieParent...you're a maybe...because anyone with Bernie Parent namesake is a maybe for most of us
E) tpanotch is a tool, agreed.
F) Look at me, knowing the alphabet, and ****...

Keep having fun everyone...Go Flyers.
Oh, I had to bold this part , wow.

Closed Thread