HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sarah Baicker doesn't like you

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Flyersfan139

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Like I said, it's not just speed.

One second Dreger posts it, and the next second you have updates, news, analysis, scouting reports, and anything else inside and out that you could possibly imagine about every little detail from every crevice of the hockey world.

HFBoards blows everything out of the water as far as information gathering and everything.

Let's say Dreger could somehow be superhuman enough to do all of that for that one trade.

You also have tons of other things happening around the league at the exact same time. Every one of those things gets updated, critiqued, analyzed, and detailed from every corner of the hockey universe at exactly the same time.

Nothing comes close.
Agreed I get most of my information here it's a great site and fun to talk about the games as they are happening in the gdt!! HockeyBuzz doesn't come close IMO.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It really is useless to me though lol. I don't care what anyone is doing, or what they have to say. They're hockey players I watch, not my friends. And if they were my friends I wouldn't follow them. If I wanted to know what they were doing I'd call/text them. I may be the minority, but it's cause I have the soul of an old man haha.

I also waste enough work time here, on brotherlyglove, fangraphs, and at a non sports board lol.
I promise you, when you get your information in 124 characters or less, it saves so much time. IE. Meltzer writes 1 article a day. However, he tweets his thoughts on the game while watching the game. He posts the starting goalie as soon as he finds out. Same for guys like Bob Mckenzie. 90% of the tidbits sent out through twitter are NOT found in any article, but good information.

Honestly - do as I said, I promise you you won't regret it (assuming you have a mobile device). You won't be here NEARLY as much

Old
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Firstly, I need to clarify that it is almost a necessity to have a smartphone for Twitter to be useful.

Think of it like this messageboard on steroids (or at least why I come here). It hand delivers you information THE SECOND it happens, and it does so in 140 characters or less.

Yes, I could pull out my phone and go to HF mobile site and read threads, but that normally requires some clicking to get the full scoop. And let's face it, messageboards are for discussion.

Let me paint a picture for you.

It's July 1st 2012, NHL Free Agency day one of the best days of the year. I pull out my phone, and in one touch of the screen, Twitter is open, and I see the following:

Bob McKenzie:
Minnesota signs Parise 7 years 49 million.

Bill Meltzer:
Flyers sign Suter. 11 years 66 million.

Sarah Baicker:
Flyers sign Suter. Read about it here.

Darren Dreger:
Nicklass Grossmann re-signs with Flyers

Bob McKenzie:
Flyers Trade Meszaros for 2nd round pick. Making cap room?

So in one touch of my phone, and in about 20 seconds of reading, I KNOW EVERYTHING! And mind you, almost all of these are accompanied by a link to these guy's articles. I can click them if I want to dig further. Or (if you're like me), if something really interests you, you can then go and hop on HF and either A) break the news yourself or B) read the discussion.

Imagine the same thing on trade deadline day.
Lol thanks for painting of the picture. I like how Parise is out of the division and we have Suter.

See you use it how I would probably use it, but to me its unnecessary since that would be like a dozen times a year. I also have this site and others, and I don't really need news instantly nor can I really get it instantly since I only have a couple days a month like today where I just don't have anything "due" right now.

And I definitely know (well think I guess) that most people don't use twitter the way you do. They use it to see what never actually done anything productive in their life "celebrity" had for lunch, or to say random **** to their friends, or say what they're doing, or give their opinion on something. I just really don't care.

I also have a facebook that I've uploaded 1 picture to (yet I somehow have like 300 pictures lol), and that I visit once every 2 weeks for about a minute or so at the most. I just don't get social media stuff. I talk to my friends via text when I have something to tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I promise you, when you get your information in 124 characters or less, it saves so much time. IE. Meltzer writes 1 article a day. However, he tweets his thoughts on the game while watching the game. He posts the starting goalie as soon as he finds out. Same for guys like Bob Mckenzie. 90% of the tidbits sent out through twitter are NOT found in any article, but good information.

Honestly - do as I said, I promise you you won't regret it (assuming you have a mobile device). You won't be here NEARLY as much
I get you dude, I just don't care haha. I'm not trying to be a dick either, I know it can seem like that since I'm not actually talking you know.

Usually when I see something crazy/funny/annoying, I text a couple buddies, or call one or something. Basically that's what twitter is in those scenarios, but just with a bunch of people I don't know or care about lol.

And honestly I don't have the time to do anything really. I usually watch the 1st period and then go to study for the rest of the night. I have had about 5 1/2 weeks where I haven't been studying nearly every night and weekend in the past 7 months.

Last edited by Protest: 03-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
sbaicker

Scared me away? Really? You guys give yourselves too much credit.

I was busy filming THIS for you guys. Please. Another Flyers video preview! Judge my fivehead: http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...fYCh0FOZSrbnsa

Also, be nice to Other Sarah. She is awesome. She is also not me. I don't have enough time or creativity to make a second HF account.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
oh geez, you just extended this thread by another 10 pages because you posted again

Old
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Two days in a row, she's an addict!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaicker View Post

I was busy filming THIS for you guys. Please. Another Flyers video preview! Judge my fivehead: http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...fYCh0FOZSrbnsa

Also, be nice to Other Sarah. She is awesome. She is also not me. I don't have enough time or creativity to make a second HF account.
OMFG!

It's SARAH BAICKER IN THE FLESH (well text)!

Let's all flirt with her!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I figured out what looks so weird. You need to blink.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Mota

It seems like the more CSN time Sarah gets...the less time Lisa gets. I am ok with that.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
"Judge my fivehead"

Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:

It took that long to make that video? I could do that in 10 mins, if that.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
sbaicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It took that long to make that video? I could do that in 10 mins, if that.
My bad. I was also busy:

Playing hockey in a morning game here. Interviewing the players after the morning skate. Transcribing interviews. Writing a few pregame stories. Editing a few other stories. Putting on makeup (this is the hardest part of my day). Filming that video. Posting that video to the Internets. And then, for some weird reason, posting here.

Better now?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Burn!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
My bad. I was also busy:

Playing hockey in a morning game here. Interviewing the players after the morning skate. Transcribing interviews. Writing a few pregame stories. Editing a few other stories. Putting on makeup (this is the hardest part of my day). Filming that video. Posting that video to the Internets. And then, for some weird reason, posting here.

Better now?

Krishna just got wrecked.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
So Twitter is useful really only in the extreme scenario that HFBoards is crashing...? That sounds more like Twitter is the back-up plan and HFBoards is the first source to me.
Extreme scenario? It happens every trade deadline/first day of free agency/whenever Montreal or Toronto does something slightly out of the ordinary.

Not that I understand what the big deal is about knowing about a trade 2.5 minutes ahead of when I would've known it otherwise. That whole business about being the first one to break the news leads to a lot of those dumb speculations about possible trades as well.

Also, this board definitely needs some more women. This thread is slightly pathetic (fun as it may be at times).

Old
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I think we need to post a popularity contest between HF boards and Sarah Baicker. I mean this thread is all about the "merits" between the two.

My vote is for HF Boards...however in second place if it was a choice is my "gf" whom I met on adultfriendfinder..third choice would be Craigslistpersonals ..I like crazy chicks

Old
03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
mcsarahbell
Rookie User

Send a message via AIM to mcsarahbell Send a message via Skype™ to mcsarahbell
Don't worry sbaicker....I am Krisha's "date" to the game tonight. I'll make him pay for that one. I'll let you know why he doesn't have a real picture for an avatar.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarahbell View Post
Don't worry sbaicker....I am Krisha's "date" to the game tonight. I'll make him pay for that one. I'll let you know why he doesn't have a real picture for an avatar.
Want a pic? This is me :

My tan is coming along pretty nicely, eh?

Old
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Too many personal insults in this thread. Come on people. Bunch of savages, yeesh.

Closed Thread