Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curtis Glencross - 99 shots, 25 goals.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Rangediddy

vCash: 50
Curtis Glencross - 99 shots, 25 goals.

Over 25% shooting accuracy! One of the leage leaders in shooting % amongst anyone with a reasonable amount of shots (I'd say +50), although Baertschi is sitting at 30% on 10 shots!

Pretty impressive. Tanguay's usually sitting in the 15-20% mark, but doesn't really pot much more than 20 a year so having this type of scoring is huge for the Flames.

He may very well get to 30 this year even while missing 15ish games!

Rangediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
slappipappi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
Over 25% shooting accuracy! One of the leage leaders in shooting % amongst anyone with a reasonable amount of shots (I'd say +50), although Baertschi is sitting at 30% on 10 shots!

Pretty impressive. Tanguay's usually sitting in the 15-20% mark, but doesn't really pot much more than 20 a year so having this type of scoring is huge for the Flames.

He may very well get to 30 this year even while missing 15ish games!

The problem with that, is that no one consistently keeps their shooting % in that range. With his lack of shots, this looks like it will be a career year in goals.

You're better having more shots and a lower scoring % with the same number of goals. Better chance at repeating those goals.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Rangediddy

Yeah, you're always going to want more shots on net, but it is nice to see such a high shooting % accompanied by a decent amount of goals too.

I brought up Tanguay because he's always on the higher end of the Shooting % list, but usually has ~18 goals for his troubles. This just means he should be looking to shoot more. GlenX has 20 more shots and 13 more goals than Tangs this season.

What gets me excited is, if Glenny can shoot with a high scoring % like he has been (obviously 25% is not likely maintainable, but 15-20% is), he could be looking at a few 30-40 goal seasons coming up.

If Hartnell can do it, there's no reason GlenX can't!

Old
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
goodsauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
The problem with that, is that no one consistently keeps their shooting % in that range. With his lack of shots, this looks like it will be a career year in goals.

You're better having more shots and a lower scoring % with the same number of goals. Better chance at repeating those goals.
That, or you are just CLUTCH AS ****!!

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:27 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
Yeah, you're always going to want more shots on net, but it is nice to see such a high shooting % accompanied by a decent amount of goals too.

I brought up Tanguay because he's always on the higher end of the Shooting % list, but usually has ~18 goals for his troubles. This just means he should be looking to shoot more. GlenX has 20 more shots and 13 more goals than Tangs this season.

What gets me excited is, if Glenny can shoot with a high scoring % like he has been (obviously 25% is not likely maintainable, but 15-20% is), he could be looking at a few 30-40 goal seasons coming up.

If Hartnell can do it, there's no reason GlenX can't!
The reason Tanguay's sh% is so high is specifically because he shoots so infrequently. He only shoots if he has absolutely no pass available or is certain that he's going to have a scoring chance out of it. He's got a good shot, but if he started shooting more he'd end up shooting from less certain positions on the ice and his sh% would simply drop (and I doubt his annual goal totals would climb any higher than the mid-20s).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Rangediddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
The reason Tanguay's sh% is so high is specifically because he shoots so infrequently. He only shoots if he has absolutely no pass available or is certain that he's going to have a scoring chance out of it. He's got a good shot, but if he started shooting more he'd end up shooting from less certain positions on the ice and his sh% would simply drop (and I doubt his annual goal totals would climb any higher than the mid-20s).
I'd be SMITTEN with that! But you're right, he's more opportunistic than he probably needs to be. But I trust Tanguay more often than not to know when to shoot and when to pass.

As far as Glenny goes, shooting with his % just means the more he plays, the more he'll score! He, Jokinen and Iggy had great chemistry together so it's good to know he can be on the top line and make the most of it.