HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

How to get Fighting Out - Problem Solved.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Even Lapierre does.

Best way to end this discussion is to have all the people who want fighting out to go watch Basketball.

Problem solved.
/thread. seriously. some of the people here are ridiculous.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfanneedsdrink View Post
I dislike the ultra defensive responses from the pro fighting crowd that plainly always state, go watch basketball, go watch soccer, go watch another sport. I am sorry, i did not realize that fights themselves are an integral part of hockey being seen as a real sport. Fans with responses like go watch figure skating, makes my IQ level drop by 20 points just from reading that moronic crap. If that is the only argument you have, then we don't want your kind of fans in this sport. You represent the worst of our fan bases and stereotype hockey fans as unintelligent.

And no i am not speaking about the pro fighting fans, i am speaking about the Don Cherry type blow hards that have no counter response besides insults and telling loyal fans of the game to go watch another sport because they want to see two grown men tug on each others jerseys for 3 minutes. You know what, you want to watch fighting, watch Boxing, watch MMA, don't look to hockey to quench your thirst for combat sports.
ok i'm going to do this again and be a little nicer. we're not "pro fighting" we're about the game of hockey and how it has been played for many many many years. if someone sayd "go watch basketball" it means "go watch another sport that doens't involve fighting. to say "you wanna watch fighting, go watch MMA" makes MY IQ go down 30 (burn) because not everyone who is for the fighting wants to only see fighting. we just want to watch the game played how it has been played since the 19th century man. for people who don't like the fighting..find another sport.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:49 AM
LuigiStone*

vCash: 500
Fighting is good. We want more fighting.

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM
oats
outshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiStone View Post
Fighting is good. We want more fighting.
I second this here notion!

oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
for people who don't like the fighting..find another sport.
Looks like Ken Dryden should be looking for another sport.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
oilersfan11

WITHOUT FIGHTING HOCKEY IS WORSE!.

Is the message clear?

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Aurel Joliat

Why so many people want to change fighting in hockey ? I don't get why they are so upset. If you don't like this, close your eyes, change the channel or go for a pee...

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
Looks like Ken Dryden should be looking for another sport.
Well to be fair, he was a goalie.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
CDJ*

LOL at the title saying fighting is a problem.

If fighting is removed from hockey, it goes from #1 in my favorite sports power rankings to #4.

That's right. I would probably like the NBA more. Blasphemy, I know.

Nah, jk. NHL would still be better. But I would definitely say the NFL and MLB would be better.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
WordsOfWisdumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
It's been part of the game for 100 years, but some people don't like it, so it's a 'problem'.

Maybe the problem is the people who don't like the fighting?
Ah, the old "we do not evolve" line of reasoning. I love when my competition takes that stance. It means once I figure out how to beat them, I can do so in perpetuity.

In the case of the NHL, all it would take is a rival league to form that allows everything except fighting. That league would raid all of the top talent from the NHL, and gain all of the new junior talent coming up. The NHL would be left with the goons.

I'd put a new league like that up against the NHL any day. You can have your fan base. I'll get the 6.9 billion people around the world that you don't have.

WordsOfWisdumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Why so many people want to change fighting in hockey ? I don't get why they are so upset. If you don't like this, close your eyes, change the channel or go for a pee...
Because someone might get hurt!

Life in general is not safe...**** with these idiotic cell-phone drivers and all.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsOfWisdumb View Post
Ah, the old "we do not evolve" line of reasoning. I love when my competition takes that stance. It means once I figure out how to beat them, I can do so in perpetuity.

In the case of the NHL, all it would take is a rival league to form that allows everything except fighting. That league would raid all of the top talent from the NHL, and gain all of the new junior talent coming up. The NHL would be left with the goons.

I'd put a new league like that up against the NHL any day. You can have your fan base. I'll get the 6.9 billion people around the world that you don't have.
Why are people so concerned with how many people like hockey?

Those of us that already do will just have to pay higher prices when the demand goes up.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Game misconduct for fighting.
oh boy, here we go.........

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:27 PM
sandysan

Quote:

6.9 billon people who don't give a rat's behind about the game are suddenly magically going to get bit but the hockey bug because they remove fighting ? Fist of all hockey is extremely regional, we can get portions of this continent to support hockey (even if they have a team) and you think you can sell it to some guy in Jakarta ? Good luck on that.

Ask yourself a question, do you like the NHL ? Are you a fan of the league ? If you answer yes, you have ( for however long) been a fan of a league that allows players to self police. The notion of a pure game where beefs were not settled by players on the ice is a fairy tale perpetrated by the anti-fighting crowd.

If on the other hand, you answer " no" then what gives you the perogative to dictate how the game should be solely such that it is more palatable to you ? If you wan to do this, at least admit that your position is in the extreme minority among fans so the extent of your self-delusion is more transparent.

The NHL is, of the big 4, the most gate dependent league. Go to any game and the people who BOUGHT their own tickets ( often at considerable cost) clearly support fighting. The PA is greater than 95% behind supporting fights.

Fighting isnt going away any time soon, you can keep bemoaning it as much as you want. I think that there was a time historically when one might have had a chance to curtail fighting, but I think that shipped has sailed. There are no more bench clearers, and fighting is down compared to the 90's much the the 70's yet people still like to pretend that the sky is falling. Its not and it hasn't been for some time.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Dirk316

Quote:

im laughing at the username and this post

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Banana Sandwiches

I just want an NHL where everyone is nice, friendly, and respects each other. And of course, no violence whatsoever. I feel people will watch a sport where everyone is courteous to each other, no one gets punched in the face, or body checked or yelled at. I think a sport like that would be extremely popular.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Blue Regime

I laugh everytime I see crap like this posted because I know HFBoards is the only place where a thread like this would even get any attention. Go ask the 18,200 people at the Rangers-Devils game what their thoughts were on the 3 way staged fight to start the game, then tell me fighting is a problem in the NHL. What a joke.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Niedermayer View Post
I just want an NHL where everyone is nice, friendly, and respects each other. And of course, no violence whatsoever. I feel people will watch a sport where everyone is courteous to each other, no one gets punched in the face, or body checked or yelled at. I think a sport like that would be extremely popular.

Hey now, Vancouver almost won the Cup by playing the wimpy version of hockey. If the Canucks can almost do it I am sure a figure skating team can as well. Can't we all just get along?

Old
03-25-2012, 05:37 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

Even as a leaf fan and a big Clark fan, this makes me cringe. Poor Brooke, must have said something about his mother.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Even as a leaf fan and a big Clark fan, this makes me cringe. Poor Brooke, must have said something about his mother.

One thing about that fight, and it shows you the kind of honour Wendel had, he might be bouncing punches off of Brooke, but you notice that in the heat of battle Clark has the foresight of making sure his head isn't bouncing off the ice.

Old
03-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Therick67

Quote:

So if this new league is such a sure thing, why hasn't it happened yet? Leagues without fighting exist all over the world, why aren't they taking all the talent from the NHL?

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:

why don't those euro leagues have a better following?

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:18 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Game misconduct for fighting.

If the fight occurs in the third period or overtime, it will be accompanied by a one game suspension. (That way you stamp out all the end of game brawling that would otherwise occur.)

If the NHL put this in place by itself it could claim to be taking a harsh stance on fighting without really taking a hard-line stance at all. (The NHL typically plays lip-service to various things and pretends to care by taking actions and setting rules that don't actually accomplish their original objective.)

You could rub it out for good by increasing the duration of the suspensions, but even a game misconduct for fighting would be a great improvement to the reputation of the game and would allow the NHL to take the moral high ground on fighting and preach about safety while at the same time still seeing fights occur on occasion.
u clearly dont know the game of hockey, with all these "softer" guys who dont want to fight thats why it isn't doing its job. I have 0 doubt in my mind if steve moore just faught Bertuzzi, gets his ass kicked and its over.

Fighting is used to keep people from running around and killing anyone, well since all these fighters are leaving its actually gotten worse, if u knew u would have to fight u wouldn't be going around hitting star players. I hate the penalty where u drop your gloves and u get a penalty and the other player is allowed to skate away and u get a penalty,

pooleboy is online now   Reply With Quote