HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils 1, Senators 0 - "Moose, you played well - now back to the bench!"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
  #76
Semak
Moderator
Here we go again.
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Deb is going to be rocking to Poison/Def Leppard. That Bedazzled jean jacket is waiting to come out of the closet.

Semak is offline  
Old
03-21-2012, 08:59 PM
  #77
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 500
Danis was meh but my goodness was he terrible in the shootout.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
  #78
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!
 
njdevils1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North of Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
use the pause cheat on him!
up up down down left right left right b a b a select start.

victory.

njdevils1982 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
  #79
thecoffeecake
Registered User
 
thecoffeecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Wasn't the breakout game we were looking for, but it's 2 points. Moose won the battle, the offense has to start producing.

thecoffeecake is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 03:48 PM
  #80
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,968
vCash: 500
I'm impressed to see 34 shots on goal.

I think the Devils just haven't yet figured out how to get them past these monster goaltenders like Nilsson, and this guy Bishop.

I watched all the shots they took on Nilsson the first game where he shut us out. Right into his glove pretty much, and some wrap around that usually doesn't work. Point blank right into the pad. All it did was boost his save percentage. I saw a lot of the same stuff the other night with Bishop.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
  #81
thecoffeecake
Registered User
 
thecoffeecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm impressed to see 34 shots on goal.

I think the Devils just haven't yet figured out how to get them past these monster goaltenders like Nilsson, and this guy Bishop.

I watched all the shots they took on Nilsson the first game where he shut us out. Right into his glove pretty much, and some wrap around that usually doesn't work. Point blank right into the pad. All it did was boost his save percentage. I saw a lot of the same stuff the other night with Bishop.
The Devils have always had a player who played a little too much NHL 94 and is hell bent on attempting wrap arounds night in and night out. We've got Clarkson and Zubrus filling that role currently. Speaking of Nilsson, Clarkson finally scored one of those wrap arounds to tie it up last time we played.

thecoffeecake is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
  #82
DeViLzzz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Moose wins

Play the hot hand. Put Moose back in next game.

As for the O I don't even know what to say other than it reminds me of past teams in the postseason that just couldn't score and thus we ended up losing series. So much pressure on the goaltending in the past when it was better and now we have Marty and Moose who are nearing the end and definitely no spring chickens and we have problems with O again.

For the record I did not like the trade for Zidlicky in that we gave up an offensive d-man to get one and quite frankly our O including the PP has gone south since the trade. No way do I pin this all on Zidlicky but I did not like giving up as much as we did for him and didn't like giving up an offensive d-man to get him.

Go Devils .... very ugly hockey lately but the rest of the league is pretty much the same other than Pitt. so oh well ... and it looks like we are almost in the postseason which was no guarantee going into this year although expected by me as a 7th or 8th seed.

DeViLzzz* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
  #83
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
^^^

Zid has been phenomenal and we did NOT overpay. We gave up a 2nd and spare parts. That includes Palmieri.

Basement Cat is online now  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  #84
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,968
vCash: 500
I think Zidlicky is as good on the PP as Foster was.

It's just that we aren't getting as many PP opportunities like we were for a while there. We aren't drawing as many penalties.

That, and those 4 minute PP's where no one feels like doing anything, but passing to the other team.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
  #85
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Don't understand how anyone could still regret giving up an AHLer, a fringe player with 1 assist on the entire season and Kurtis Turnover Foster, who is now keeping Zidlicky's old seat in the press box warm.

Especially because for that trash heap, we have a guy who now has a game winning goal and 6 assists with this team. And has the ability to make the power play look somewhat like an actual offensive advantage.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
  #86
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,813
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post
Play the hot hand. Put Moose back in next game.

As for the O I don't even know what to say other than it reminds me of past teams in the postseason that just couldn't score and thus we ended up losing series. So much pressure on the goaltending in the past when it was better and now we have Marty and Moose who are nearing the end and definitely no spring chickens and we have problems with O again.

For the record I did not like the trade for Zidlicky in that we gave up an offensive d-man to get one and quite frankly our O including the PP has gone south since the trade. No way do I pin this all on Zidlicky but I did not like giving up as much as we did for him and didn't like giving up an offensive d-man to get him.

Go Devils .... very ugly hockey lately but the rest of the league is pretty much the same other than Pitt. so oh well ... and it looks like we are almost in the postseason which was no guarantee going into this year although expected by me as a 7th or 8th seed.

Foster sucked. plain and simple

we gave up a 2nd and the poo poo platter. Zids has been very good.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
  #87
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post
Play the hot hand. Put Moose back in next game.

As for the O I don't even know what to say other than it reminds me of past teams in the postseason that just couldn't score and thus we ended up losing series. So much pressure on the goaltending in the past when it was better and now we have Marty and Moose who are nearing the end and definitely no spring chickens and we have problems with O again.

For the record I did not like the trade for Zidlicky in that we gave up an offensive d-man to get one and quite frankly our O including the PP has gone south since the trade. No way do I pin this all on Zidlicky but I did not like giving up as much as we did for him and didn't like giving up an offensive d-man to get him.

Go Devils .... very ugly hockey lately but the rest of the league is pretty much the same other than Pitt. so oh well ... and it looks like we are almost in the postseason which was no guarantee going into this year although expected by me as a 7th or 8th seed.
So you don't pin the blame on Zid for the scoring woes, then why even bring them up?

One has nothing to do with the other. The team has stopped scoring because Parise, Sykora and Henrique have hit scoring walls, Kovalchuk is inconsisent. Even guys like Poni and Elias have slowed down.

Has nothing to do with Zidlicky, whose point production has been fine. And he's been worlds better defensively than Foster.

CFD is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  #88
BrodeursCups
Almost showtime...
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think Zidlicky is as good on the PP as Foster was.

It's just that we aren't getting as many PP opportunities like we were for a while there. We aren't drawing as many penalties.

That, and those 4 minute PP's where no one feels like doing anything, but passing to the other team.
Zids is Much much better than Foster on the PP because he puts the puck right in kovy's wheelhouse and he's very creative in the zone. His movement all over opens up lanes.

BrodeursCups is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
  #89
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Zids is Much much better than Foster on the PP because he puts the puck right in kovy's wheelhouse and he's very creative in the zone. His movement all over opens up lanes.
I'm just pissed he uses number 2. It's like every time he's trying to hold the zone I think "ok we're about to let them score"

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM
  #90
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,937
vCash: 500
Zids is phenomenal. Kovy's goal the other night was awesome, because it was a no look pass. Zids was staring at Zach the whole time while moving the puck and suddenly it was headed for the one-timer!

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
  #91
Captain Kulador
yay hockey
 
Captain Kulador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Po'
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Would be nice when Zajac comes back and plays like Crosby

Captain Kulador is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
  #92
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 500
Foster should not even be called a defenseman. Just a shotman.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
  #93
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Foster on the PP:
Fires shot wide of net, puck bounces of the boards right to the stick of the other team, he then proceeds to get burned at the blue line as opposing team leads rush up the ice.


Foster at ES:
At ES, putting Foster on the ice is like laying down a welcome mat at your goalie's crease.
The welcome mat would probably do a better job of keeping the puck out of the net, too.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:14 PM
  #94
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37,004
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be opposed to playing Moose next game, but I think Marty will just fine.

MJB Devils23* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:22 PM
  #95
Whaddagoal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Play Moose again, let the other old man rest up.

Whaddagoal is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 07:32 AM
  #96
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
If the Devs do not feel that Kinkaid or wedge are close, and I doubt they do, I would gladly take this tandem back in goal next year.
I don't think they are close, and it worries me to have the same two guys back next season. Goaltending has been an issue at times this season, and I don't want to be left holding the bag if one or both of our old goalies falls apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Zids is phenomenal. Kovy's goal the other night was awesome, because it was a no look pass. Zids was staring at Zach the whole time while moving the puck and suddenly it was headed for the one-timer!
It's the little things he does that are impressive. This stood out to me too.

Saugus is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 09:23 AM
  #97
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I don't think they are close, and it worries me to have the same two guys back next season. Goaltending has been an issue at times this season, and I don't want to be left holding the bag if one or both of our old goalies falls apart.
Really? Other than odd games here and there I feel like goaltending has been our most consistent strength this year. Way more reliable than both our O and our D.

Drewr15 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.