HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils 1, Senators 0 - "Moose, you played well - now back to the bench!"

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Semak
Here we go again.

vCash: 500
Deb is going to be rocking to Poison/Def Leppard. That Bedazzled jean jacket is waiting to come out of the closet.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Danis was meh but my goodness was he terrible in the shootout.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
use the pause cheat on him!
up up down down left right left right b a b a select start.

victory.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
thecoffeecake

Wasn't the breakout game we were looking for, but it's 2 points. Moose won the battle, the offense has to start producing.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

I'm impressed to see 34 shots on goal.

I think the Devils just haven't yet figured out how to get them past these monster goaltenders like Nilsson, and this guy Bishop.

I watched all the shots they took on Nilsson the first game where he shut us out. Right into his glove pretty much, and some wrap around that usually doesn't work. Point blank right into the pad. All it did was boost his save percentage. I saw a lot of the same stuff the other night with Bishop.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
thecoffeecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm impressed to see 34 shots on goal.

I think the Devils just haven't yet figured out how to get them past these monster goaltenders like Nilsson, and this guy Bishop.

I watched all the shots they took on Nilsson the first game where he shut us out. Right into his glove pretty much, and some wrap around that usually doesn't work. Point blank right into the pad. All it did was boost his save percentage. I saw a lot of the same stuff the other night with Bishop.
The Devils have always had a player who played a little too much NHL 94 and is hell bent on attempting wrap arounds night in and night out. We've got Clarkson and Zubrus filling that role currently. Speaking of Nilsson, Clarkson finally scored one of those wrap arounds to tie it up last time we played.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
DeViLzzz*

Moose wins

Play the hot hand. Put Moose back in next game.

As for the O I don't even know what to say other than it reminds me of past teams in the postseason that just couldn't score and thus we ended up losing series. So much pressure on the goaltending in the past when it was better and now we have Marty and Moose who are nearing the end and definitely no spring chickens and we have problems with O again.

For the record I did not like the trade for Zidlicky in that we gave up an offensive d-man to get one and quite frankly our O including the PP has gone south since the trade. No way do I pin this all on Zidlicky but I did not like giving up as much as we did for him and didn't like giving up an offensive d-man to get him.

Go Devils .... very ugly hockey lately but the rest of the league is pretty much the same other than Pitt. so oh well ... and it looks like we are almost in the postseason which was no guarantee going into this year although expected by me as a 7th or 8th seed.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

^^^

Zid has been phenomenal and we did NOT overpay. We gave up a 2nd and spare parts. That includes Palmieri.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

I think Zidlicky is as good on the PP as Foster was.

It's just that we aren't getting as many PP opportunities like we were for a while there. We aren't drawing as many penalties.

That, and those 4 minute PP's where no one feels like doing anything, but passing to the other team.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Don't understand how anyone could still regret giving up an AHLer, a fringe player with 1 assist on the entire season and Kurtis Turnover Foster, who is now keeping Zidlicky's old seat in the press box warm.

Especially because for that trash heap, we have a guy who now has a game winning goal and 6 assists with this team. And has the ability to make the power play look somewhat like an actual offensive advantage.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post

As for the O I don't even know what to say other than it reminds me of past teams in the postseason that just couldn't score and thus we ended up losing series. So much pressure on the goaltending in the past when it was better and now we have Marty and Moose who are nearing the end and definitely no spring chickens and we have problems with O again.

For the record I did not like the trade for Zidlicky in that we gave up an offensive d-man to get one and quite frankly our O including the PP has gone south since the trade. No way do I pin this all on Zidlicky but I did not like giving up as much as we did for him and didn't like giving up an offensive d-man to get him.

Go Devils .... very ugly hockey lately but the rest of the league is pretty much the same other than Pitt. so oh well ... and it looks like we are almost in the postseason which was no guarantee going into this year although expected by me as a 7th or 8th seed.

Foster sucked. plain and simple

we gave up a 2nd and the poo poo platter. Zids has been very good.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post

So you don't pin the blame on Zid for the scoring woes, then why even bring them up?

One has nothing to do with the other. The team has stopped scoring because Parise, Sykora and Henrique have hit scoring walls, Kovalchuk is inconsisent. Even guys like Poni and Elias have slowed down.

Has nothing to do with Zidlicky, whose point production has been fine. And he's been worlds better defensively than Foster.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:06 PM
BrodeursCups
Almost showtime...

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think Zidlicky is as good on the PP as Foster was.

It's just that we aren't getting as many PP opportunities like we were for a while there. We aren't drawing as many penalties.

That, and those 4 minute PP's where no one feels like doing anything, but passing to the other team.
Zids is Much much better than Foster on the PP because he puts the puck right in kovy's wheelhouse and he's very creative in the zone. His movement all over opens up lanes.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Zids is Much much better than Foster on the PP because he puts the puck right in kovy's wheelhouse and he's very creative in the zone. His movement all over opens up lanes.
I'm just pissed he uses number 2. It's like every time he's trying to hold the zone I think "ok we're about to let them score"

Old
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Zids is phenomenal. Kovy's goal the other night was awesome, because it was a no look pass. Zids was staring at Zach the whole time while moving the puck and suddenly it was headed for the one-timer!

Old
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Captain Kulador
yay hockey

Would be nice when Zajac comes back and plays like Crosby

Old
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Foster should not even be called a defenseman. Just a shotman.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Foster on the PP:
Fires shot wide of net, puck bounces of the boards right to the stick of the other team, he then proceeds to get burned at the blue line as opposing team leads rush up the ice.

Foster at ES:
At ES, putting Foster on the ice is like laying down a welcome mat at your goalie's crease.
The welcome mat would probably do a better job of keeping the puck out of the net, too.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:14 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I wouldn't be opposed to playing Moose next game, but I think Marty will just fine.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Whaddagoal

Play Moose again, let the other old man rest up.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
If the Devs do not feel that Kinkaid or wedge are close, and I doubt they do, I would gladly take this tandem back in goal next year.
I don't think they are close, and it worries me to have the same two guys back next season. Goaltending has been an issue at times this season, and I don't want to be left holding the bag if one or both of our old goalies falls apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Zids is phenomenal. Kovy's goal the other night was awesome, because it was a no look pass. Zids was staring at Zach the whole time while moving the puck and suddenly it was headed for the one-timer!
It's the little things he does that are impressive. This stood out to me too.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I don't think they are close, and it worries me to have the same two guys back next season. Goaltending has been an issue at times this season, and I don't want to be left holding the bag if one or both of our old goalies falls apart.
Really? Other than odd games here and there I feel like goaltending has been our most consistent strength this year. Way more reliable than both our O and our D.

Closed Thread