HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

University/College Questions Part II (incl. protest discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  #1051
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,103
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Just the other day I saw a student throw what I would say was a better part of 4 inches of his Subway sandwich into the garbage.

I took that sandwich out of the garbage and approached him. I told him if he's going to protest and act like a spoiled sob he's going to finish this sandwich in front of me.

While watching him eat, the kids iphone must of have beeped and clicked at least 50 times. The kid even had the nerve to try to pull it out while eating. I advised unless he wants to eat his iphone he should keep it in his pocket.
You're nuts.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
  #1052
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
I don't think it had, personally. The best thing is that we maintained educational quality while freezing tuition.

Free university education would cost ~$700M provincewide (on top of what we already pay for higher education)...
nice way to void diploma value

free university = alot of diploma given to more people.
are they competent? not really, they took all the time they needed to get their diploma
Welcome to poor educations

instead having 50-60 people in a class, lets double it.

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
  #1053
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Is there something inherently wrong with having a perception of a state that places its students as a fundamental priority to the development of a well-ordered society?
yes. It's called reality.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
  #1054
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'd never want free university.
at the end of the day, and sometimes it isnt clear... but you always end up getting what you paid for.

and in the case of FREE well...

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:30 PM
  #1055
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Just the other day I saw a student throw what I would say was a better part of 4 inches of his Subway sandwich into the garbage.

I took that sandwich out of the garbage and approached him. I told him if he's going to protest and act like a spoiled sob he's going to finish this sandwich in front of me.

While watching him eat, the kids iphone must of have beeped and clicked at least 50 times. The kid even had the nerve to try to pull it out while eating. I advised unless he wants to eat his iphone he should keep it in his pocket.
depends on the version of the Iphone

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
  #1056
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,103
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
at the end of the day, and sometimes it isnt clear... but you always end up getting what you paid for.

and in the case of FREE well...
That and well, the level of procrastination and lack of desire would be worse than now. Not to mention, the dilution of the job market.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
  #1057
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
at the end of the day, and sometimes it isnt clear... but you always end up getting what you paid for.

and in the case of FREE well...
I used to have 7 credits cards.
I filled for credit cards to get the free canadiens towel, canadiens t-shirt, a rechargeable lamp, 2 rogers backpack, a picnic chair

A dude from mastercard called me and yelled to me to stop filling credits cards

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
  #1058
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Remember, folks, it's not because one goes to private schools that they are taught any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
nice way to void diploma value

free university = alot of diploma given to more people.
are they competent? not really, they took all the time they needed to get their diploma
Welcome to poor educations


instead having 50-60 people in a class, lets double it.
Danish, Swedish or Finnish diplomas have no value? Last I checked, university degrees from Denmark, Sweden, Finland and a couple of "tuition-free" countries still had the value of Quebec ones.

Mathradio is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
  #1059
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Danish, Swedish or Finnish diplomas have no value? Last I checked, university degrees from Denmark, Sweden, Finland and a couple of "tuition-free" countries still had the value of Quebec ones.
true but it might be difficult to be done in quebec
Sweden population is about 9 millions in a small territory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ties_in_Sweden
they have 14 universities with 201 504 students

as in quebec they are 17 universities
with 288 108 students
thats 43% more students than sweden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ties_in_Sweden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Canada#Quebec

And im scared that free tuition = less students = less accessible.

per exemple the governement decide to invest to allow 200 000 students to access free universities.
good luck having access to a university with poor grades

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 08:03 PM
  #1060
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Part III: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=46547293

Moo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.