HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Available Centers???

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 07:17 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Side note: during HNIC on Saturday night they were talking about the Oilers who came from Long Island and the color guy said that there are currently 42 players drafted by the Isles who are regulars on other nhl teams. He never mentioned whether that was the most or not, but it does seem excessive. I doubt that there are 42 players drafted by the Oil including the ones still here
I bet there are at least 42 Oiler draft-picks that have become regulars with other franchises... franchises like Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Blockbuster.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
I bet there are at least 42 Oiler draft-picks that have become regulars with other franchises... franchises like Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Blockbuster.
LMAO!!!

Oksiuta "Doo yoo vant sum poutine vit dat?"

Old
11-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Sure makes Milbury look like a giant, walking, talking ASS!!! I mean Mezei is fairly similar to Semenov IMO - and now Milbury has NOTHING to show for him!!!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!! NOTHING!!!! What a hozer! I mean imagine if the Isles still had him!!!
Hamrlik-Aucoin
Niinimaa-Jonsson
Mezei-Martinek/Cairns

Poor fool - he has NO patience..... I can't believe he isn't fired yet.

Couldn't agree more.

11-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think Rita's stock has dropped as a result of the Oilers' handling of him moreso than because of his own play. The fact that he isn't a walk on at this point obviously drops him from the #1 prospect outside of the nhl. Also, you're right about him not having the nasty streak, but he has at least as good a set of hands as Raffi if not better, and he has the hardest wristshot of anyone in the Oilers organization. I don't see him as trade bait for Scatch simply because Scatch has played far too well for far too little money to be on the blocks.

Interesting about Scatch, I agree that Lowe probably wanted him at the time, he'd be crazy not to, but at the same time I'm not sure which of the two I'd prefer here btwn him and Raffi. We obviously need Scatch more right now, but Raffi probably has more trade value overall at this point from a small market standpoint (future salary, not curent).

Side note: during HNIC on Saturday night they were talking about the Oilers who came from Long Island and the color guy said that there are currently 42 players drafted by the Isles who are regulars on other nhl teams. He never mentioned whether that was the most or not, but it does seem excessive. I doubt that there are 42 players drafted by the Oil including the ones still here
I personally think you'll be glad that you have Raffi and not Scatch. Scatch simply doensn't have top six offensive abilities. He did have 27 goals last year, but I see that as a career year. I think his natural range is 15 - 20, and I think Raffi is going to be a 30 goal man for EDM.

Sigh.

Sucks to be an Islander fan! :mad:

Old
11-16-2003, 08:06 PM
fuhr

How about Mike Sillinger? They could play him on the 4th line but dammit he could take every important faceoff in our own end!! God knows no one else on this team could win a faceoff if their lives depended on it. What do you guys think? He's one of the best faceoff men in the league and i think he'd help a lot in the circle.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

Heh-heh.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Sure makes Milbury look like a giant, walking, talking ASS!!! I mean Mezei is fairly similar to Semenov IMO - and now Milbury has NOTHING to show for him!!!! NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!! NOTHING!!!! What a hozer! I mean imagine if the Isles still had him!!!
Hamrlik-Aucoin
Niinimaa-Jonsson
Mezei-Martinek/Cairns

Poor fool - he has NO patience..... I can't believe he isn't fired yet.

I dunno I tend to believe that Mad Mike is the way he is due to management and the problems with cash there. I think I've seen it go from average to "lets cut the salary to 10Million" to "Hey, new owner lets make this a winner right away" to "Hey, problem here in cash land ... ummm can we cut salary and forget about the winning thing?"

If I was Mike (and I'm not heh) I would dump that expensive guy named Yashin and keep building around the guys that matter like Parrish.

SM

Old
11-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Allan

How would you go about dumping Yashin? Nobody wants that guy for 7 more years at $10 million per.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
How would you go about dumping Yashin? Nobody wants that guy for 7 more years at $10 million per.

He doens't make 10 million per year, but you are right that he is untradeable.

Patch101 - I have to point out that some of the EVIL ONE's worst deals were actually payroll neutral (like the Luongo deal) or added salary to the Isles roster (like the Linden deal). The Wiemer debacle was ownership's fault, as was the trade of Palffy. Most of the rest of it was just sheer stupidity and impulsiveness.

Glen Sather he is not.

Old
11-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Allan

Sorry. I see it's $8.4 million this year, but doesn't it keep increasing for the rest of the contract? It is another 7 years, right?

Old
11-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
He doens't make 10 million per year, but you are right that he is untradeable.

Patch101 - I have to point out that some of the EVIL ONE's worst deals were actually payroll neutral (like the Luongo deal) or added salary to the Isles roster (like the Linden deal). The Wiemer debacle was ownership's fault, as was the trade of Palffy. Most of the rest of it was just sheer stupidity and impulsiveness.

Glen Sather he is not.
I didn't say he was Great GM (if I did I'm VERY sorry) .... just saying that I think that 50% of his trades have been pushed by management.

and there is always a market for anyone who has talent despite salary. Yashin IS an elite player there is no doubt about that, and he's a player that is dependable as far as health. He seems good for 70-90pts a season, and did perform in the playoffs these last two years.

Closed Thread