03-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
So we just traded our mayor...

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=391103

**** my mother ****ing life. **** you. Son of a ****ing *****. Stupid ****ing dumbass *****. Go **** yourself Lapolice/Mack. **** right off.

Where's the positive ****ing spin on this now? I bet this is cause of one TRUE ****ING tweet about the incompetence of the management team this off-season. Freaking hell, they are quickly taking a team that was very close to become a powerful team and destroying it. This is just the stupidest thing I have seen. I would not at all be surprised to see another 4-14 season. Glad I decided against season tickets this year. What a joke.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Tdoe42

What... Really im not upset at all we need the draft picks we didnt pick till like 15th I think... American D-Linemen are a dime a dozen too find and Bryant Turner took his spot last season cause Odell cant stop the run

Great trade for the Bombers 8th pick overall basically a 1st round pick and the 24th

Old
03-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
What... Really im not upset at all we need the draft picks we didnt pick till like 15th I think... American D-Linemen are a dime a dozen too find and Bryant Turner took his spot last season cause Odell cant stop the run

Great trade for the Bombers 8th pick overall basically a 1st round pick and the 24th
So much wrong here. Why don't we START with the fact that Bryant Turner plays Defensive Tackle NOT Defensive End. So yeah, he never replaced him AT ALL. Move on to the fact that Odell was hurt the last part of the season, THEN PLAYED HURT so they were not using him every down so as to not get him more hurt.

Yeah cause Cameron Wake, Philip Hunt, Anwar Stewart, Odell Willis talent is just laying around. Hint, it's not. We already lost the best run stopper in the league, now we have lost the best remaining pass rusher. Awesome. A big part of why our secondary was best in the league last year was cause our line was unreal. Now we have taken a HUGE hit to that line this off-season with Brown and Willis, not to mention Oramasionwu. This is just a terrible ****ing decision. For two draft picks yet. Canadian draft picks are a lottery at best. Hell the highest and most talked about RB ever coming into the draft a few years ago (Jamall Lee, 3rd overall) just retired after just 3 seasons as a special teamer. We are pretty good with CAN talent right now, there was no need for picks. We need talent.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Tdoe42

I ment Jason Vega... Plus Odell was a cry baby and asked for his release after the GC anyway...

As for Cameron Wake, Philip Hunt, Anwar Stewart, Odell Willis, ______ ______... Whos it gonna be this season its someone new every year

...Donny O wasnt that good and could never replace Doug

Old
03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
So much wrong here. Why don't we START with the fact that Bryant Turner plays Defensive Tackle NOT Defensive End. So yeah, he never replaced him AT ALL. Move on to the fact that Odell was hurt the last part of the season, THEN PLAYED HURT so they were not using him every down so as to not get him more hurt.

Yeah cause Cameron Wake, Philip Hunt, Anwar Stewart, Odell Willis talent is just laying around. Hint, it's not. We already lost the best run stopper in the league, now we have lost the best remaining pass rusher. Awesome. A big part of why our secondary was best in the league last year was cause our line was unreal. Now we have taken a HUGE hit to that line this off-season with Brown and Willis, not to mention Oramasionwu. This is just a terrible ****ing decision. For two draft picks yet. Canadian draft picks are a lottery at best. Hell the highest and most talked about RB ever coming into the draft a few years ago (Jamall Lee, 3rd overall) just retired after just 3 seasons as a special teamer. We are pretty good with CAN talent right now, there was no need for picks. We need talent.
Holden, please don't hold back - I sense some anger in your comments, and you should let it all out; it's cathartic, you know.

On a more serious note, I do not understand the logic behind this. Yes, Odell's play tailed off in the second half, but he was injured and the team didn't want him to aggravate it further, from what I'm led to believe. I can't believe that LaPo and Willis couldn't work out their differences. That is a huge hole to fill, as he was the best rusher by far.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Diatidialga

Odell didn't want to be here, Burke didn't like him and Mack didn't like him. And we got a first (I guess 2nd now), 4th and a conditional pick in 2013.

Anyway, looks like we will need an election now!

Old
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Mack stinks
Burke is gone at the end of this year
Bombers going to be bad again this year
Just watch hefney or johnson get traded too

Old
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
wpgallday1960

I have no problem with trading Willis. He was playing poorly in the 2nd half of the season, was benched and only used as a situational pass rusher. He was good for an offside or roughing the passer call every game. He did put excellent pressure on the passer but American D-Lineman are easier to replace. Getting draft picks to replenish our NI talent was excellent value. No surprise Taman traded away draft picks. I'm not saying we fleeced the Riders as he can still be an excellent player but the Bombers did well in the deal. He didn't want to be here and Burke didn't want him so we got good value considering.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgallday1960 View Post
I have no problem with trading Willis. He was playing poorly in the 2nd half of the season, was benched and only used as a situational pass rusher. He was good for an offside or roughing the passer call every game. He did put excellent pressure on the passer but American D-Lineman are easier to replace. Getting draft picks to replenish our NI talent was excellent value. No surprise Taman traded away draft picks. I'm not saying we fleeced the Riders as he can still be an excellent player but the Bombers did well in the deal. He didn't want to be here and Burke didn't want him so we got good value considering.
It always amazes me how revisionist history kicks in the second a player is traded (every sport, every team fans do this). HE WAS HURT. HE PLAYED HURT. He was not benched due to play.

Also, IF we needed replenishing in the NI department, it was due to one reason, and one reason only...we LET ALL out NI talent walk in Free Agency (Labatte, Oramasionwu, Hargreaves). So maybe re-sign our NI talent and maybe we can keep our star DE. Now wouldn't that be an awesome idea. Nope, too good of an idea for the Bombers apparently.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

I am no football expert, but I did go to 90% of the games and watched the others on the tube.

From what I saw:

The offense was garbage. Pierce was woefully inconsistent, and the O line was porous.

The defense was everything. The D line was punishing, the secondary was lethal, and the Bombers scored an inordinate percentage of thier points from the D.

So what does management do? Resign Pierce. Keep the offense pretty much the same. Disassemble the defense.

Yep, sounds about right

The one shining light for the Bombers is the beautiful new Stadium, but getting to and from the game is going to be an absolute nightmare.

03-22-2012, 09:09 PM
dgorsk

he was not hurt all the second half of last season, he was benched cause he went fricken offside every second play. He is a arrogant ****** that is easy to replace. We robbed the riders blind on this trade.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I am no football expert, but I did go to 90% of the games and watched the others on the tube.

From what I saw:

The offense was garbage. Pierce was woefully inconsistent, and the O line was porous.

The defense was everything. The D line was punishing, the secondary was lethal, and the Bombers scored an inordinate percentage of thier points from the D.

So what does management do? Resign Pierce. Keep the offense pretty much the same. Disassemble the defense.

Yep, sounds about right

The one shining light for the Bombers is the beautiful new Stadium, but getting to and from the game is going to be an absolute nightmare.
Actually, not even that. They released their best O-lineman and most dynamic receiver. And did not replace them. What a fantastic idea.
I love my Bombers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorsk View Post
he was not hurt all the second half of last season, he was benched cause he went fricken offside every second play. He is a arrogant ****** that is easy to replace. We robbed the riders blind on this trade.
Which would follow with the fact that he was only rotating in starting the last few (I wanna say 4-5) games.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
sixty minute hockey

Quote:

From what I saw:

Yep, sounds about right

I agree with everything here, just wanted to state that we did get a new offensive coordinator. I don't know if that is the fix to are offensive woes but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/b...ve-coordinator

Last edited by sixty minute hockey: 03-22-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 09:16 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Actually, not even that. They released their best O-lineman and most dynamic receiver. And did not replace them. What a fantastic idea.
I love my Bombers.
Talk about revisionist history. If followed Labatte's story at all he wanted to go closer to home because his GF is pregnant and both their families live in Sask. It was a family thing - the Bombers offer was every bit as competitive as Sasks.

Willis was not hurt the entire 2nd half of last year.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I love my Bombers.
Which i could deal with had every in the east not got better

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
I love my Bombers.

Which would follow with the fact that he was only rotating in starting the last few (I wanna say 4-5) games.
He was rotating the last few games because he was a one-dimensional pass rusher who did a poor job of playing the run in addition to his penchant for penalties. That was well known at the time.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgallday1960 View Post
Talk about revisionist history. If followed Labatte's story at all he wanted to go closer to home because his GF is pregnant and both their families live in Sask. It was a family thing - the Bombers offer was every bit as competitive as Sasks.

Willis was not hurt the entire 2nd half of last year.
Sorry, should I have said allowed to get to free agency? Whatever, they lost him. Sure ok, one player decided he wanted to move on. Fine it happens.

AND HE WASN'T BENCHED THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR! Seriously does no one remember how he had like 11 sacks in 11 games, kinda went cold for a couple then was out for a game or two. It wasn't till he return at like game 14-15 that he was rotating BECAUSE HE WAS STILL HURT. Urgh. He was never very good at playing the run, no problem. Neither was Philip Hunt or Cam Wake. Certain guys have certain jobs. He was a dynamic player that will be very much so missed.

And what about Carr? Do you buy the "offer expires as soon as you hang up the phone crap"? Any agent that can be taken that easily would be fired ON THE SPOT. Why did the Bombers not re-sign anybody except Pierce before Feb 15. Did not even TALK to Ormasionwu's agent to find out what he is looking for. This is unprofessional and frankly stupid the way the organzation is being run right now.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
El Troubadour

vCash: 484
GREAT trade for the blue. Losing Big Doug brown was a killer for us and getting this pick will really help our Canadian content.

Odell was good, no question about it, but how many guys did we have on the dline switching in and out? A **** load.

this is one that looks bad now but will be considered genious in a couple months trust me. When we had Taman as our GM he loved these recyleled players cause he never scouted. Guaranteed we find 2 more minimun guys who are as good as Odell this year in TC, american DE's area dime a dozen.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
sixty minute hockey

I wish the Bombers had better special teams...

Old
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets Swag View Post
GREAT trade for the blue. Losing Big Doug brown was a killer for us and getting this pick will really help our Canadian content.

Odell was good, no question about it, but how many guys did we have on the dline switching in and out? A **** load.

this is one that looks bad now but will be considered genious in a couple months trust me.
As was pointed out to me earlier in this thread, drafted Canadians very very rarely make an impact until 2-4 years down the road. It'll just look worse for quite some time.

So I don't agree at all with what you are saying, but I approve whole heartedly with your AVVY!!! Money. (Let's just hope that Hefney isn't next, since he similarly upset management this off-season)

EDIT (Since I hate posting too much): About the post below. Baggs sucks. He was never very good, IMO. Hunt was admittedly much better than Willis all around, but his primary concern and he was still pass rusher first, just average at very best versus the run. Imports are easier to replace, but seriously an 8th overall pick will get a us player MAYBE is 2-4 years. This team needs to compete now. I have no faith that Vega or Mainor are the answers on the pass rush as a primary guy.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Sorry, should I have said allowed to get to free agency? Whatever, they lost him. Sure ok, one player decided he wanted to move on. Fine it happens.

AND HE WASN'T BENCHED THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR! Seriously does no one remember how he had like 11 sacks in 11 games, kinda went cold for a couple then was out for a game or two. It wasn't till he return at like game 14-15 that he was rotating BECAUSE HE WAS STILL HURT. Urgh. He was never very good at playing the run, no problem. Neither was Philip Hunt or Cam Wake. Certain guys have certain jobs. He was a dynamic player that will be very much so missed.

And what about Carr? Do you buy the "offer expires as soon as you hang up the phone crap"? Any agent that can be taken that easily would be fired ON THE SPOT. Why did the Bombers not re-sign anybody except Pierce before Feb 15. Did not even TALK to Ormasionwu's agent to find out what he is looking for. This is unprofessional and frankly stupid the way the organzation is being run right now.
I'm not saying I'm happy with losing our FA's - I would like to have kept Donny O & Carr. However, Carr is replaceable - Imports are much easier to replace than NI's. Willis was good at pressuring the QB but his other faults let to him being a rotational player. You didn't watch the same Phiilip Hunt I did in 2010 - he was a good all round DE. Willis can be replaced and he didn't want to be here (because he would be a rotational player again). Baggs is available.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:

From what I saw:

Yep, sounds about right

100% spot on. Pierce was terrible. Offense was brutal. It was all defense. Pierce was one of the worst QBs in the league, but the blind management thinks he was a savior because we did well last year.

I bet anything Heffney is next to go.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:40 PM
El Troubadour

Quote:
As was pointed out to me earlier in this thread, drafted Canadians very very rarely make an impact until 2-4 years down the road. It'll just look worse for quite some time.

So I don't agree at all with what you are saying, but I approve whole heartedly with your AVVY!!! Money. (Let's just hope that Hefney isn't next, since he similarly upset management this off-season)
im willing to bet you wont even miss Odell once this season

remember, last season we were all worried about losing Phillip Hunt.... Phillip who? Guys like Kenny Mainor and Jason Vega will make us forget about Odell and Mack will bring in a bunch of fresh meat on the line.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
El Troubadour

the thing i was most pissed about this offseason was not getting Fantuz and not even attempting to get Ray or Burris.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty minute hockey View Post
I wish the Bombers had better special teams...
I wish the bombers could win a cup

Closed Thread