HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 09:46 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Continue here

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Already a 6.0 thread!

It's funny how a week it's Galchenyuk we want for the Habs..then this week, it seems that Forsberg is the flavor of the week lol. Anyhow, can't wait for the lottery and the draft.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Most action the draft talk thread has ever seen because of the potential top pick.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Avec le tout premier choix au repêchage de 2012 de la LNH, le Canadien de Montréal est fier de sélectionner...DU STING DE SARNIA, NAIL YAKUPOV!!!

Old
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Edmonton and Tampa in OT!!

Old
03-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
Avec le tout premier choix au repêchage de 2012 de la LNH, le Canadien de Montréal est fier de sélectionner...DU STING DE SARNIA, NAIL YAKUPOV!!!
I don't know why but I wouldn't be that excited if we land Yakupov. Having the idea of drafting Forsberg is really exciting because no one really know much about him and his potential. If we had to pick a winger..I'd go with Forsberg for his size and he would fit really well in our organization.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
YES!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
I know...things are looking good! Can't wait to know which pick we'll have. Right now, I'm not thinking about any player because I don't want to be sad of we are not in a position to draft that player.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I don't know why but I wouldn't be that excited if we land Yakupov. Having the idea of drafting Forsberg is really exciting because no one really know much about him and his potential. If we had to pick a winger..I'd go with Forsberg for his size and he would fit really well in our organization.
Swedes are generally less entertaining. When you draft Yakupov, you don't just draft a good winger, you draft an entertainer:

See you next time!!!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
poetryinmotion

Kind of a funny OT on NHL.com if you look at their headlines, it says:

Yakupov, Galchenyuk to play | Vey playing well

I thought it was a typo or something. Dat sneaky pun artist, heh.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
Swedes are generally less entertaining. When you draft Yakupov, you don't just draft a good winger, you draft an entertainer:

See you next time!!!
can't stop laughing, we have to draft him now. The way he ends this interview is priceless.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Anyone see the Quebec game? I just saw Grigs picked up a goal and had a good night on the faceoff dot.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
I don't get this..

You don't want to draft the consensus number 1 pick in the draft? But you want to pick Forsberg because of his upside? Forsberg is last on my forward list out of the top forwards. The play-offs will tell me who's 2-3 on my list, I want to see what Gally and Grigs do.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 140
over 5000 posts so far about the draft wow

Old
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
come on!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I like Forsberg a lot and would be ecstatic if we got him to show for our miserable season but I don't understand why you'd want us to take him over the consensus #1 pick in Yakupov.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
over 5000 posts so far about the draft wow
Makes sense

It is called Hockeysfuture after all.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Just my opinion. Never liked Yakupov. He's not the consensus number 1 pick. A consensus number pick is Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, RNH and even the Oilers knew from the start that they wanted Taylor Hall. Yakupov is a great prospect..but it's too hard to tell between him, Grigorenko, Forsberg and even Galchenyuk. Most of us are not scouts here..we can't really take for granted that Yakupov is the consensus number 1 pick unless we're in the business and we know more about the others competing for that same spot. Forsberg could turn out to be the 1st overall pick for Columbus..who knows. All that I'm saying is that I wouldn't be that excited if we got Yakupov over the other 3 forwars because for me, it's too close of a debate. He's undersized but very gifted and feisty ... Grigo is the big center with good hockey IQ that we should be drooling over but he's Russian..Forsberg is a perfect winger with an interesting upside and Galchenyuk might be the one who's going to have the best career..who knows. One thing I know is..we are going to get a hell of a player..unless Gauthier f *ck up again and pick Trouba 2nd or 3rd overall.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Et le But

Right now for me it's
1. Yakupov
2a. Forsberg
2b. Grigorenko
3. Galchenyuk
4. Murray

But honestly it changes every day, the 3 forwards after Yakupov are so ridiculously close for me.

I love Forsberg's skillset, he needs work but for me he's more complete than Grigorenko. His biggest weaknesses are a lot more easy to fix than Grigorenko's IMO, though he's a little less skilled and isn't quite the playmaking prodigy.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Just my opinion. Never liked Yakupov. He's not the consensus number 1 pick. A consensus number pick is Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, RNH and even the Oilers knew from the start that they wanted Taylor Hall. Yakupov is a great prospect..but it's too hard to tell between him, Grigorenko, Forsberg and even Galchenyuk. Most of us are not scouts here..we can't really take for granted that Yakupov is the consensus number 1 pick unless we're in the business and we know more about the others competing for that same spot. Forsberg could turn out to be the 1st overall pick for Columbus..who knows. All that I'm saying is that I wouldn't be that excited if we got Yakupov over the other 3 forwars because for me, it's too close of a debate. He's undersized but very gifted and feisty ... Grigo is the big center with good hockey IQ that we should be drooling over but he's Russian..Forsberg is a perfect winger with an interesting upside and Galchenyuk might be the one who's going to have the best career..who knows. One thing I know is..we are going to get a hell of a player..unless Gauthier f *ck up again and pick Trouba 2nd or 3rd overall.
The reason I referred to Yakupov as consensus #1 is because I haven't seen a draft rankings list since the beginning of the season that didn't list him at #1. The other players you've mentioned have been ranked anywhere between #2 and #16.

Don't know how you can say we're not drooling over Grigs because he's Russian when most of us would take Yakupov. A big reason some of us are not drooling over Grigs is because he's viewed by many as a perimeter player. Pierre Turgeon was a very high-end and talented player (#1 overall in 1987) who set the Q on fire but probably not a player who would put you over the top when the going gets tough. I assume the Buffalo Sabres now wish they took Shanahan instead.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:46 PM
strutsboa

It would be fun with a potentially good Swede (not like Engqvist or Johansson), but I've always wanted a potential franchise centre. Anyone out of the "big-4" forwards and I would be very happy.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Exactly...actual scouts are saying that Yakupov is the consensus #1 so your opinion doesn't really mater since you are a HF boards poster and not a NHL scout.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Minnesota wins too!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Exactly...actual scouts are saying that Yakupov is the consensus #1 so your opinion doesn't really mater since you are a HF boards poster and not a NHL scout.
No problem. We're on a forum..everybody has their opinion..that's what the boards are for. It's good to have different opinions..there wouldn't be any discussion if everybody wants Yakupov. It's the same every year...there will always be people who would like to have Seguin over Hall or Landeskog over RNH.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Habruti!

Few things I am wondering about... if we where to land a pick at 4 or 5 who would you accept to trade for that pick... ?

On a different note I like our chance at landing number 1 overall ...

Closed Thread