HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
03-04-2012, 10:48 PM
wadesworld

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo View Post
Two of us are driving down from Wisconsin for the game against Winnipeg on March 24th. It will be our first time in Nashville, and really don't know much about the city/venue.

When does the arena open?

Are these hotels:
http://www.nashvilleairport.place.hy...questid=640394
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Tennessee.html
1) in good area
2) how far is the walk
3) how far is the drive
4) which one is better

What would you suggest a 17 y/o and 40 y/o do before and after the game

If we are in the lower bowl at about the blue line, how far back is row C?
Those hotels are out by the airport. They're a good 20-30 minute drive from the arena.

I'd recommend one of these, likely in order of cheapest to most expensive. All are in walking distance of the arena. They would be about a $35 cab ride from the airport.

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...essee/index.do
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...bw/hoteldetail
http://www.hamptonnashvilledowntown.com/
http://nashvillehilton.com/

I believe Row C is in the upper part of the lower bowl, but they should be excellent seats.

As for entertainment, I would think most places downtown which serve food will admit minors. A few places that are strictly bars may not. There should be plenty of places playing music. Depending on how much time you have, you may want to visit the Opryland Hotel (just to walk through it - it's an incredible place). Beyond that, if you tell us what your interests are, we can give better guidance.

Last edited by wadesworld: 03-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

If you drive, expect parking to run anywhere from $10-$30. Sometimes it's $5, but I doubt that will be the case on a Saturday.

If you're relatively fit, you can park over at LP Field in the Beep Lot for free and walk across the pedestrian bridge...or you can park there for free and take a $3 (round trip per person) shuttle that lets out pretty close to the arena.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Not sure if you guys will be able to help on this, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway...

A group from each Atlanta, St. Louis, and Chicago are all going to meet and rent a cabin for the weekend. We looked at Gatlinburg, but want to find something a little north, and probably west, of that. Any suggestions? Bonus points if it's slightly closer to Atlanta!

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Not sure if you guys will be able to help on this, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway...

A group from each Atlanta, St. Louis, and Chicago are all going to meet and rent a cabin for the weekend. We looked at Gatlinburg, but want to find something a little north, and probably west, of that. Any suggestions? Bonus points if it's slightly closer to Atlanta!
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...x.shtml#cabins

Ask and ye shall receive.

If this doesn't suit, check out the other Tennessee state parks...you can link via the same site.

Fall Creek Falls is a beautiful area. It's a bit east of Nashville. Might be more of the "little north" you speak of.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:10 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I suppose this would be the best place to put this: My fiance, her brother and I drove to Nashville last weekend for my birthday celebration. I went to the Devs @ Nash game this year (October) and had such a blast that I wanted to come back. Just an amazing city and a beautiful arena! I'm no country fan, but there's just something about being downtown Nashville and experiencing the music first hand that makes you appreciate it..

My favorite d-man in the league is Suter so I wanted to get a player t-shirt. Went to sports seasons and got one which I was extremely pumped about.

At any rate, you guys have an amazing city/arena and I wish you the best this year in the playoffs.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'd just like to say thank you to those who helped me out in this thread and the entire city of Nashville. I was there for the Kings game last Tuesday and I had an awesome time. The people in the city are so nice and Nashville was much more fun than I thought it would be. I second the guy above in that I'm not a country music person but I love music and guitars. Add in some alcohol and I'll listen to just about anything. A group of the fans sitting around us actually joined us at the bar after the game. It was a real good time and one of the more exciting games the Kings have played this season. I know it was a bit ugly and you guys weren't happy about the result but getting to the see the Kings score 4 goals is a rarity. Especially when you are in another city.

Thanks again everyone and because of this experience, I will be back! That is a cool town you have there.

PS.. Visited the Jack Daniels distellery and I'd recommend that to anyone coming out for a day or two. Well worth the drive in my opinion. Get there at 2:00pm for the tasting tour though!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...x.shtml#cabins

Ask and ye shall receive.

If this doesn't suit, check out the other Tennessee state parks...you can link via the same site.

Fall Creek Falls is a beautiful area. It's a bit east of Nashville. Might be more of the "little north" you speak of.
Completely forgot I posted this but thanks for the link... will check out soon.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
PhoneGuy

Was reading an article from US News and World Report via Yahoo about the 7 best American Cities for BBQ, and Nashville was #6 on the list. They specifically mentioned Jack's Bar-b-que and Hog Heaven.

FWIW, Memphis ranked #1 on the list.

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/americ....html?page=all

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Tootoo

Any family-type restaurants for before and after a Saturday game? How about activities for a Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon?

Tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Frist Museum is good for all ages, Cumberland Science Museum is really nice for children. You'll probably want to slot out a couple of hours for either of them. The Country Music Hall of Fame is interesting for adults...not so sure about little children but older children might like it. Takes about 3 hours to go through it. You might also like to walk around Union Station (it's now a hotel right next to the Frist) and watch the trains. There is a very nice old fashioned ice cream shop on Broadway--somewhere between 2nd and 4th I think, and if it's open you might want to watch them make posters at Hatch Show Prints. There is also a Merry Go Round at Riverfront Park that the kids would probably like. Except for the Cumberland Science Museum, all these things are within 7 blocks either way of the arena.

I don't recall any "family" restaurants in the downtown area, but children are welcome in most places. We have all the chains on the interstates on the way in so if you're leery of taking junior to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, you'll be able to find a Shoney's somewhere.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Tootoo

Coming to Nashville tomorrow!
I was just curious what some of the best restaurants (not neccesarily bars), that are in the downtown. Any "traditional" restaurants?

Tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:03 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Congrats Nashville on beating the wings! I'm kinda hoping you guys get the hawks and pound them in round 2. I hope that is okay...

Anyway, I have a very important question. Do you guys have yuengling??? We've got 10 st. Louisans coming to Nashville for a bachelor party and I gots to get me some. I know they have it in Memphis so I figure you guys do too.

Also, is the trade in a wings jersey deal over? I love the yellow jerseys and might have to get in on that.

HANDZ 57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Congrats Nashville on beating the wings! I'm kinda hoping you guys get the hawks and pound them in round 2. I hope that is okay...

Anyway, I have a very important question. Do you guys have yuengling??? We've got 10 st. Louisans coming to Nashville for a bachelor party and I gots to get me some. I know they have it in Memphis so I figure you guys do too.

Also, is the trade in a wings jersey deal over? I love the yellow jerseys and might have to get in on that.
yuengling arrived here in '08 and is very prominent. Although, I would suggest drinking Yazoo if you're going to be in town.

Not sure about the jersey thing.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo View Post
Coming to Nashville tomorrow!
I was just curious what some of the best restaurants (not neccesarily bars), that are in the downtown. Any "traditional" restaurants?
Sorry this is a little late, but for future visits from others:

Merchants, Sole Mio, Big River are all traditional. You can also check out Palms (pricey) and the Sportsgrille located in the Hilton Hotel. Both are right across the street from the arena.

You could also get reservations for the Patron Platinum Club, which is located in the arena. I have only been there for a wedding reception but I understand it's similar to fine hotel buffet brunch/dinner fare.

Old
04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post

Yeah Yuengling is all over the place. There's some in my fridge haha

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Posted this in another thread re: tickets...

Hey guys, Sens fan here that's going to be in Nashville til Thursday for work. I'm desperately waiting for the schedule to be released so I can see if I can take in a game and soak in the madness of Bridgestone. Always like the Preds and I would love to see them live.

Questions:

1) I'm going to assume that tickets are already sold out (or will be by the time the schedule is released. If that is the case, are their scalpers in front of Bridgestone? If so, any advice so I don't get swindled? Or are their better ways of getting after market tix?

2) If the Sens are still in the playoffs, is it cool if I rock a Sens Fisher jersey? If not, I'll bust out my old school 3rd Weber. I haven't ruled out buying a yellow Fisher either as he is still one of my favorite players.

3) For road games, where's the best place to catch the game and talk hockey. If the Senators make it through, are there any bars that show every playoff game?

Good luck against the Yotes! May the SenaPreds alliance stay strong!

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

1. There will be scalpers. Don't know the answer to your other questions since I've never had to buy aftermarket tickets. Will leave that to others.

2. Sure. I know that seems to tick people off elsewhere, but I really don't think most fans here care if you're wearing another team's jersey (except maybe the Titans). Personally, I think it makes you easier to find and say hi to.

3. Will let someone else take that one. I know they have some sort of viewing party downtown--Broadway Brew House maybe?

Old
04-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Nitrous Mafia

All depends what area you're staying at.

broadway brewhouse cool springs is good. brewhouse on broadway would be good, i guess, never been there for a road game.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
All depends what area you're staying at.

broadway brewhouse cool springs is good. brewhouse on broadway would be good, i guess, never been there for a road game.
Yeah, I think I got the venue wrong. I think the viewing party was at the Cool Springs Brewhouse, not downtown. Sorry about that!

Old
06-29-2012, 08:11 AM
DallasTransfer
Rookie User

Coming to your town.

First off, I want to say I'm looking to conversing with you all in the coming season of Predators Hockey. You've got a stout team and many years of success(maybe even a Cup!) ahead of you.

I'm moving to the Nashville(Antioch, to be exact) area come September and over the next two months I'll be doing my homework on where to go, park, eat, drink, and talk hockey.

While it'll be hard to leave the American Airlines Center behind, I look forward to taking in as many games as possible at Bridgestone Arena, hopefully against my beloved Stars or the Wings(long story, I'll save it for another day).

So with that, I just want to say a nice Howdy to you all and I look forward to talking puck with you all.

DallasTransfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:24 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTransfer View Post
First off, I want to say I'm looking to conversing with you all in the coming season of Predators Hockey. You've got a stout team and many years of success(maybe even a Cup!) ahead of you.

I'm moving to the Nashville(Antioch, to be exact) area come September and over the next two months I'll be doing my homework on where to go, park, eat, drink, and talk hockey.

While it'll be hard to leave the American Airlines Center behind, I look forward to taking in as many games as possible at Bridgestone Arena, hopefully against my beloved Stars or the Wings(long story, I'll save it for another day).

So with that, I just want to say a nice Howdy to you all and I look forward to talking puck with you all.
Welcome! You will/should fall in love with Nashville. Also, take in as many games as you can and get to learn our atmosphere. It can get pretty crazy. Basically you can't go wrong with food or drink or whatever anywhere near the arena. It's one big party area down there.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

The Preds have open practices at Centenial Sportsplex. You'll find plenty of fans there. Look on the team page as the season approaches for dates and times.

If they can find a player willing to host, they've done a radio show from one of the local brewpubs for the past several years .... of course, that player has left the team after the past few seasons.

There are more restaurants and bars in the immediate vicinity of the Bridge than AAC. Cross the street and the food and drink are immediately available unlike that walk from the AAC down to Dick's/HOB/HRC area.

Parking may be an issue in Nashville. There's a new convention center going up across the street from the arena and the construction creates its own set of headaches. It helps to keep up with which lots are easily accessible. They've been doing free parking at the football stadium with a shuttle or few block walk to the arena.

Some of the sight lines are a bit different than the AAC. You should be able to find something comparable to what you're used too ... just no Dr Pepper place in the upper corner of the Bridge.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

Welcome to Nashville! I'm sure you'll love the city and the team. Let's we can cure you of that whole "stars fan" thing.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Parking may be an issue in Nashville. There's a new convention center going up across the street from the arena and the construction creates its own set of headaches. It helps to keep up with which lots are easily accessible. They've been doing free parking at the football stadium with a shuttle or few block walk to the arena.
My ticket package included an option for purchasing parking at the Pinnacle garage. Last year it was $8/game. There are also lots next to there where the fees fluctuate--some nights it'll be $5, others $20. Depends on the night, who we're playing, and whether anything else is going on (symphony, LP Field activities, for example). Weeknights it was usually $5 or $10.

The shuttle is $3 for a round trip per person. It will depend on the size of your party whether it's cost effective to park at LP field, unless you're walking.

Dallas has Dr. Pepper instead of Pepsi products? Color me jealous...but it's probably for the best since I have the All You Can Eat tickets.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
My ticket package included an option for purchasing parking at the Pinnacle garage. Last year it was $8/game. There are also lots next to there where the fees fluctuate--some nights it'll be $5, others $20. Depends on the night, who we're playing, and whether anything else is going on (symphony, LP Field activities, for example). Weeknights it was usually $5 or $10.

The shuttle is $3 for a round trip per person. It will depend on the size of your party whether it's cost effective to park at LP field, unless you're walking.

Dallas has Dr. Pepper instead of Pepsi products? Color me jealous...but it's probably for the best since I have the All You Can Eat tickets.
Dallas has a Dr Pepper themed place on the upper concourse in the corner across from the Stars bench. Their club level has a good spread pre-game and great sight lines, the lower bowl has a lot of the same issues as ours with the glass playing havoc with vision from some seats, their upper is pretty steep in places.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote