HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #74: vs Vancouver, 3/22 (7:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
so that means turning over about 2/3rds of the roster. Despite all the additions we still have utter trash like Jake Dowell, Tom Wandell, and Adam Pardy getting ice time and drawing a paycheque.
Why include Wandell in that screed? He played well tonight.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Why include Wandell in that screed? He played well tonight.
Ya I don't agree. Wandell needs more ice time, not less.

This is a problem with a top 6 that includes only 4 top 6 players. Really easy to shut down. Gulutzan probably waited a bit too long to put Loui on Benn's wing.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
I'm like a broken record over here because I say it after almost every game. That Neal for Goligoski trade is looking worse and worse each day. Especially when I bet we could have got Goose for Morrow because Pittsburgh was desperate for a winger and they had Goose buried on the third defensive pairing.
you could bring a guy like Ryan Suter in here and he'd look like a clown. This team has a losing attitude that brings the worst out of the players.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:25 PM
MrCoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Really disturbing the lack of urgency in their game for the first 45 minutes tonight.

Hey remember the last EN goal we scored? The one where Vincour saved the game? Good thing he's in the press box now.

Only silver lining is that hopefully they come out motivated vs Calgary. But with this team and Captain.. nah.
Perhaps they can re-install the lineup they had when they were winning: Sit Morrow and Dowell, play Garbutt and Vincour.

MrCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere26 View Post
God, it's pathetic here. This constant negativity, mocking of our own players and sellsellsell attitude here is starting to piss me off. Right now it's just laughable and doesn't do any good for these boards.

Yeah, they failed today, but you gotta move on. NOTHING is lost yet. We're right there with the other five direct opponents. It wasn't long ago PHX had a worse losing streak. We can bounce back, too. So let's stay patient. We're going to win the next three for sure. And start showing some faith into your team, we've eight ****ing games to go FFS...
I'm just overreacting. I'll be good in a couple minutes. It happens when you have expectations for your team.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Sometimes I get the feeling that Razor wants to say a lot of the stuff we say on this board but he can't because he has to be professional. He knows Morrow and Ott have no business in the top six and certain defenseman on our team are absolutely worthless.

Does anyone else get this feeling when they listen to him call games?

StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:28 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Gully has to give them hell or else nothing will change. Gully please make some hard decisions because that is the only option left. Ok i'm cool downed now.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Morrow was our biggest problem tonight. Pardy was generally good, he had the one lapse as soon as Razor mentioned him in the broadcast but otherwise he actually played well.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Sometimes I get the feeling that Razor wants to say a lot of the stuff we say on this board but he can't because he has to be professional. He knows Morrow and Ott have no business in the top six and certain defenseman on our team are absolutely worthless.

Does anyone else get this feeling when they listen to him call games?
yeah of course he thinks stuff like this. If you've ever watched those feeds where the broadcast stays with them during the television timeouts you'd hear him *****ing about how the team is playing.

Of course it's still amazing how after 4 years of this garbage he can control himself and not straight up call people out on air.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:32 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Morrow was our biggest problem tonight. Pardy was generally good, he had the one lapse as soon as Razor mentioned him in the broadcast but otherwise he actually played well.
I'm getting to be a broken record on it, and I know that the motivation and shut down issues go beyond Morrow, but I agree completely. I don't understand why he's still in a top 6 role. He makes every line he's on worse. When Vincour played there he at least was in the right position and got opportunities, even if he shot into the goalie's chest. Can someone tell me a real chance Morrow has had since Anaheim? I really can't remember.

This organization's stubborn insistence on treating Morrow like a god and handling him with kiddie gloves is going to cost us a playoff spot. Its the same situation as Robidas - for some reason Joe and the coaching staff see a player as they were years ago, and make excuses for lack of production. I really thought Gully was going to be a rookie friendly coach, but his refusal to give young guys top 6 ice time is really frustrating.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Bennrocks

Yeah... morrow no longer deserves to be in the top 6 and he hardly deserves to not be a "healthy" scratch

he brings nothing to the game but stupid penalties, burish is practically worth more because he can win faceoffs

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:37 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

We should all write Gully a email and beg him to scratch morrow and pardy for the rest of their contracts. Hell i'll even pay him to scratch them.

The line i wanna see for the rest of the season.

Eriksson-Ribs-Ryder
Ott-Benn-Vincour
Nystrom-Fids-Dvorak
Garbutt-Wandell-Burish

No Pardy, no Morrow.

Jordie or call up Dillon ffs.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
I'm just overreacting. I'll be good in a couple minutes. It happens when you have expectations for your team.
Same here. I'll be ready to go for the next game and excited to watch.

I just hate how the coaching staff continues to play a line up that isn't the best line up. It's like the inmates are running the prison and making the decisions.

1. It's obvious Morrow is not good for this team and at the very least he shouldn't be in the top six. He might not even deserve to be in the line up period but he definitely shouldn't be in the top six.

2. Vincour makes things happen in his very limited playing time but right now he watches the games from the press box. He's pretty solid with limited minutes and limited line mates, let's see what he can do with more minutes and better line mates. Crazy logic huh?

3. Pardy is absolutely terrible and has no potential with this franchise. Why not use someone else that might have a future? Even if he's just as worthless as Pardy at least it might get him some experience for the future. Pardy is never going to be more than a #7 defenseman in this league. Give Jordie or someone else a chance. Even if he sucks, it will just be like Pardy is out there but we might as well try all our options.

4. We were playing the best hockey of the season and all four lines were active at one time or another throughout the streak. So what do we do? Toss Morrow and Dowell in the line up and remove Garbutt and Vincour. Our 4th line was actually a threat for some offensive zone time when it was Garbutt, Wandell, and Vincour. Dowell is worthless outside of the occasional scrap.

It was the same last year with Woywitka when everyone and their dog knew he was worthless. Apparently every coaching staff we hire is obsessed with worthless players and they're terrified of change. Is Gully afraid he is going to lose his job if he benches Morrow or moves him down the line? He apparently doesn't care about putting the best product on the ice. All Morrow does is float around out there and occasionally try to throw a big hit but he's so slow to get over there that he takes himself completely out of the play.

That will be my one long rant of the night because some on here are getting upset with us complaining.

edit: I forgot to include Robidas in my rant. He is average at best now but the coaching staff still thinks this is the Robidas of three-four years ago. He needs limited bottom six minutes at the most and give him a partner who can cover for his moronic mistakes.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Pardy's not as bad as he's getting ragged on here. His problem is he has 2-3 "average" games then completely ***** the bed ala against Chicago. I thought he played OK today, did a good job activating.

Edit:

Quote:
Gulutzan: "We had a game plan to play fast, but instead got caught in extracurricular activities. Saturday will show our sense of urgency."
Sounds like Gulutzan isn't happy with the scrums, penalties etc. Not sure that was the problem but I expect we'll play a much less physical game on Saturday.

Last edited by MetalGodAOD: 03-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Quote:
I wish we could see this next game.

Eriksson-Ribs-Ryder
Ott-Benn-Vincour
Nystrom-Fids-Dvorak
Garbutt-Wandell-Burish

Replace Pardy with Jordie.
Quote:
vercetti2021 We should all write Gully a email and beg him to scratch morrow and pardy for the rest of their contracts. Hell i'll even pay him to scratch them.

The line i wanna see for the rest of the season.

Eriksson-Ribs-Ryder
Ott-Benn-Vincour
Nystrom-Fids-Dvorak
Garbutt-Wandell-Burish

No Pardy, no Morrow.

Jordie or call up Dillon ffs.
Something about great minds and thinking the same way.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Did anyone here actually expect the Stars to go up 3-0 in the season series against the Canucks? I think that's a big stretch of the imagination.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Did anyone here actually expect the Stars to go up 3-0 in the season series against the Canucks? I think that's a big stretch of the imagination.
no i didn't but this was a winnable game

Old
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
no i didn't but this was a winnable game
I agree, was in our grasp the whole time, but we've got to stay realistic, this team isn't a 3rd in the West team.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:02 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Ya its hard at this point because we're not going to sweep the season series against Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. But its a really tough time of year to be regressing to the mean on matchups. OT losses at least would soften the blow.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Ya its hard at this point because we're not going to sweep the season series against Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. But its a really tough time of year to be regressing to the mean on matchups. OT losses at least would soften the blow.
You know we don't get to OT

Old
03-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
oh man this is a great gif

Old
03-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Keke Mortsons helmet

Hi fellas!

Does anyone here know what the deal is with Adam Pardy's helmet?

Is it some kind of personal homage to Todd Bertuzzi?

Thanks, and good luck!

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we had as many loser points as the rest of our division, we'd be 5-6 points ahead of the rest of the pack. Blows my mind how this is working against us.

03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keke Mortsons helmet View Post
Hi fellas!

Does anyone here know what the deal is with Adam Pardy's helmet?

Is it some kind of personal homage to Todd Bertuzzi?

Thanks, and good luck!
I've never heard a single thing about anything like that.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote