HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Anti-fighting fans how do you like this idea?

Old
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Brooklanders*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs151 View Post
If you couldnt get you're way about removing fighting from hockey would this be a good substitute?

I know the whole head trauma argument is a good case made by you fans. So heres what I prupose

1. A limit on how many fights you can have in a season before heavy suspensions and fines. I dont know what a good number would be but lets say 10.

2. If you suffer a concussion in a fight you are not aloud to fight for the rest of the season. If the players concussion is so bad that it goes longer than a year then obviously until you are cleared to play. This would prevent doctors from clearing lesser end players quicker. Also have some independant doctors diagnose the players (I dont know if this is done or not already)

I think this would force teams to make sure they get the best 3rd and 4th line players available with the fear of their players not being able to fight after a concussion. I guess they could get an AHLer or something after a players concussion so maybe only original NHL rosters are aloud to fight unless they are brining up players that have a certain high degree of offensive production (then obviously they wouldnt be goons and not big fighters anyways)

All of these circumstances would then get rid of the so called goons which should lower staged fights which I believe many people hate anyways.

So this post can be made for anyone really not just anti fighters. I am very aware more and more people are viewing fighting differently. Surely there has to be a common ground?

I realize im probably going to get ripped apart on this as Im not very good at coming up with new ideas for the game. So be nice. Its just something Ive been thinking about that a middle ground should beable to satisfy the large majority of the fans.
1. Don't assume all those who are against fighting want it completely banned from the game. That is simply not a fact. Eliminating the goons is an idea sonI like the instigator penalty.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:06 PM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If I had my way, there would be only 2 minutes for fighting and no game misconduct. Fighting would be considered to be a roughing penalty. Wich it is really.
that sounds good

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:42 PM
ZetterBurger

Players should be punished for jumping other players. Nothing is more respectful in hockey than asking a player if he wants to go, and if he obliges then fine, but if he turns it down, return to the game. Jumping players is a disgrace.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:46 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If I had my way, there would be only 2 minutes for fighting and no game misconduct. Fighting would be considered to be a roughing penalty. Wich it is really.
Actually it's like 10 or even 20 roughing penalties but without gloves on.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:55 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I hate the fans who act like they wouldn't be hockey fans if there was no fighting. If that's true, then you're really not a hockey fan.

I personally don't like the staged fights. Spontaneous fights can be fun, but I stopped finding fights exciting years ago. If they took fighting out of the sport, I wouldn't miss it and keeping it doesn't bother me. Honestly, as long as the rules are enforced and heavy suspensions are given for blatant flagrant offences, then it nullifies the whole goons will go wild argument. Plus, I doubt many teams would want players who hand out 5 minute powerplays to the other team and gets suspended regularly.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Players should be punished for jumping other players. Nothing is more respectful in hockey than asking a player if he wants to go, and if he obliges then fine, but if he turns it down, return to the game. Jumping players is a disgrace.
If you jump someone, you should get a 5 and them nothing(or at best a 2 min roughing). I hate jumping someone gives equal 5 min majors.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I hate the fans who act like they wouldn't be hockey fans if there was no fighting. If that's true, then you're really not a hockey fan.

I personally don't like the staged fights. Spontaneous fights can be fun, but I stopped finding fights exciting years ago. If they took fighting out of the sport, I wouldn't miss it and keeping it doesn't bother me. Honestly, as long as the rules are enforced and heavy suspensions are given for blatant flagrant offences, then it nullifies the whole goons will go wild argument. Plus, I doubt many teams would want players who hand out 5 minute powerplays to the other team and gets suspended regularly.
I'm pretty much here. I don't mind the occasional 'heat of the moment' fight. If I were running things though, all 6 fighters, Torterella, and DeBeor would all have been ejected from the game after 0:03 the other night.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I'm pretty much here. I don't mind the occasional 'heat of the moment' fight. If I were running things though, all 6 fighters, Torterella, and DeBeor would all have been ejected from the game after 0:03 the other night.
Well thank god your not running things then because that was great!

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote