HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
No problem. We're on a forum..everybody has their opinion..that's what the boards are for. It's good to have different opinions..there wouldn't be any discussion if everybody wants Yakupov. It's the same every year...there will always be people who would like to have Seguin over Hall or Landeskog over RNH.
Oh yeah for sure. Thing is, Yakupov IS the consensus #1, but it doesn't mean he'll be the best player of the draft in the long run. Anyways, lets hope we'll have a game changer!

And what a good night for the draft. Tampa and Minny wins, Edmonton with a point...just perfect!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
le_sean

I'd be happy with Forsberg, kid is going to be a player.

Don't know why people question his upside based on the league he's playing yet accept the fact Grigorenko has question marks about his work ethic and Galchenyuk missed an entire year of development. But yeah, Forsberg is the one with the question marks.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Few things I am wondering about... if we where to land a pick at 4 or 5 who would you accept to trade for that pick... ?

On a different note I like our chance at landing number 1 overall ...
Realistically: Huberdeau

Unrealistically: Crosby

Old
03-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Yakupov and Galchenyuk seem to have some problems with injuries...

Old
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
UPDATED draft pick race watch after this perfect night:

1. Columbus - who cares
2. Edmonton - 74 GP, 25 ROW, 67 PTS
3. Montreal - 74 GP, 23 ROW, 69 PTS
4. Islanders - 73 GP, 24 ROW, 71 PTS
5. Toronto - 74 GP, 29 ROW, 72 PTS (essentially a 4 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
6. Minnesota - 73 GP, 23 ROW, 72 PTS
7. Tampa Bay - 73 GP, 30 ROW, 73 PTS (essentially a 5 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
8. Anaheim - 75 GP, 29 ROW, 75 PTS (essentially a 7 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
9. Carolina - 74 GP, 30 ROW, 75 PTS (essentially a 7 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)

Old
03-22-2012, 10:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

1. Columbus - who cares
5. Toronto - 74 GP, 29 ROW, 72 PTS (essentially a 4 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
7. Tampa Bay - 73 GP, 30 ROW, 73 PTS (essentially a 5 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
8. Anaheim - 75 GP, 29 ROW, 75 PTS (essentially a 7 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
9. Carolina - 74 GP, 30 ROW, 75 PTS (essentially a 7 point lead due to ROW tie-breaker)
Edmonton is so close I can feel the tankyness rubbing off.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Edmonton is so close I can feel the tankyness rubbing off.
Can you imagine Edmonton passing us and wining the lottery? I would be sooooo mad...

Old
03-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
If Habs go 4-4, which I think is a stretch with the schedule we have, the other teams need, at a minimum, the following records so we still are slotted ahead of them:

EDM: 5-3
NYI: 3-6 (I am assuming they clinch ROW tie-breaker)
TOR: 2-5-1
MIN: 3-6 (I am assuming we have more ROWs or better goal differential)
TB: 2-7
ANA: 1-6
CAR: 1-7

Old
03-22-2012, 10:46 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Can you imagine Edmonton passing us and wining the lottery? I would be sooooo mad...
That would be awful but could you imagine the leafs finishing 6th, us finishing 2nd and them winning the lottery to kick us down? That would mean blood feud!

Old
03-22-2012, 10:50 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
There should be a rule implemented along the lines of not being able to have more than 2 1st overall picks in a span of 5 seasons. Or maybe no more than 3 Top Five picks in a span of 5 seasons.

It's ridiculous that a team that has contributing pieces from those draft picks, and has an owner with deep pockets, can continue to ice such a poor team. Is that really the best team they could put on the ice?

An even better question, why did Steve Tambellini get a contract extension? How is icing the worst team in the league for the last few seasons worthy of getting job security?

Old
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Jesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

1. Columbus - who cares
I had a feeling the last game of the season against the Leafs was going to be big.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:49 AM
bentheprop

How would you rate the top 4 forwards in the draft?

Most people on here agree that Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Forsberg are the top forwards in the upcoming draft. Since so many people would prefer a forward with our pick, how do you these four players?

For me it's:

1. Yakupov - I really like the blend of intensity and skill that I see from him (he could drop if concussion issues reappear)

2. Forsberg - He plays a solid game but you can still see the flashes of offensive potential in his highlights

3. Galchenyuk - Love his size and skill but leery of his injury recovery (he could rise if there are no other issues)

4. Grigorenko - He's talented or he wouldn't be producing like he is but from what I've seen of him he seems to play a mostly perimeter game. Add the intensity questions and that's why I have him 4th right now (he can help himself with a solid playoff performance)

For the most part I've had limited exposure to seeing these guys play but those are the opinions that I've formulated so far. Personally I'm not posting this to support or bash any of the players specifically just giving my view and curious about how others rank them and why.

Old
03-23-2012, 01:40 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Grigorenko was decent tonight vs Drumondville. Voltigeurs didnt had much fight in them. Scored a nice goal but other than that he was not dominant. At one point i saw a Drumondville player cross check him couples time after a whistle and Grigorenko didnt do anything to defend himself. That was like Henrik & Daniel Sedin in the final last year. at some point you have to show some jam. BTW, Fred Roy was off his line tonight, now he's playing with Duclair & Logan Shaw

His goal : http://www.hockeyprospect.tv/2012/03...yoff-goal.html

Old
03-23-2012, 02:17 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Grigorenko was decent tonight vs Drumondville. Voltigeurs didnt had much fight in them. Scored a nice goal but other than that he was not dominant. At one point i saw a Drumondville player cross check him couples time after a whistle and Grigorenko didnt do anything to defend himself. That was like Henrik & Daniel Sedin in the final last year. at some point you have to show some jam. BTW, Fred Roy was off his line tonight, now he's playing with Duclair & Logan Shaw

Were those hard crosschecks or lovetaps? Wouldn't the Drumondville player have been penalized if it was over the top?

Also what a snipe.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:56 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Were those hard crosschecks or lovetaps? Wouldn't the Drumondville player have been penalized if it was over the top?

Also what a snipe.
no call was deserved imo (no love tap but not vicious cross check either), he got 2-3 of those. if he get 6-7 of those the ref might have call a penalty. Grigorenko didnt even look at the opposing player. Maybe they didnt bother him thats why he didnt turned back and look at the opposing player. anyway my #1 knock on Grigorenko is that he's soft and that sequence didnt help change my opinion. If that was not from that (being soft) he would be #1 in my ranking

Old
03-23-2012, 04:57 AM
baldrick

Not excited with any of them.

Old
03-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
The top 4 forwards - save for Yakupov at the top - change pretty much every day for me. At the moment;

1. Yakupov
2a. Grigorenko
2b. Forsberg
4. Galchenyuk

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
03-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:

That was all Duclair. Great release though and found the soft spot in the D.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:58 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:

Grigorenko had a player on him all game.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Oh yeah? Did he seem physically engaged and/or at least play with intensity?

Old
03-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Just my opinion. Never liked Yakupov. He's not the consensus number 1 pick. A consensus number pick is Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, RNH and even the Oilers knew from the start that they wanted Taylor Hall. Yakupov is a great prospect..but it's too hard to tell between him, Grigorenko, Forsberg and even Galchenyuk. Most of us are not scouts here..we can't really take for granted that Yakupov is the consensus number 1 pick unless we're in the business and we know more about the others competing for that same spot. Forsberg could turn out to be the 1st overall pick for Columbus..who knows. All that I'm saying is that I wouldn't be that excited if we got Yakupov over the other 3 forwars because for me, it's too close of a debate. He's undersized but very gifted and feisty ... Grigo is the big center with good hockey IQ that we should be drooling over but he's Russian..Forsberg is a perfect winger with an interesting upside and Galchenyuk might be the one who's going to have the best career..who knows. One thing I know is..we are going to get a hell of a player..unless Gauthier f *ck up again and pick Trouba 2nd or 3rd overall.
You are entitled to your opinion, but Yakupov IS the consensus #1. The NHL scouting community has him #1 by a pretty fair margin like RNH last year. #2-5 there is much debate but #1 is clear cut.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Let's say we pass Edmonton for the 2nd overall and end up drafting there. Let's also say Yakupov goes 1st overall, who do you guys think we take? Because I have this vibe that Timmons won't take Grigorenko.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
The top 4 forwards - save for Yakupov at the top - change pretty much every day for me. At the moment;

1. Yakupov
2a. Grigorenko
2b. Forsberg
4. Galchenyuk
I don't think the Habs list will have 4 forwards at the top. I'm pretty sure one or two D will be there, in between a few players. We can't forget about those defensemen.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Sounds like an excuse to me. Everyone is expecting him to be shadowed and this is the time for him to step it up and show that he can still produce.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:07 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Sounds like an excuse to me. Everyone is expecting him to be shadowed and this is the time for him to step it up and show that he can still produce.
So far he's been producing, no?

Anyway, I'm not putting much weight into the first round, I want to see him against a powerhouse like Shawinigan or SNB, two teams against which he struggled this year.

Closed Thread