HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanahan’s ruling on Keith a big deal (5 games for Dunc)

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 04:04 AM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
I say at least 5 +. I just don't see how they can change their mind all of a sudden. I'm at this point 75% sure that one of the officials heard Keith during a scrum utter those words that Henrik claims he said.
Do you honestly think that a ref heard that, yet only gave Keith a 2 minute penalty? He heard Keith threaten Sedin and then deliberately elbow him in the head, giving him a concussion and then didn't give him a 5 minute penalty and kick him out of the game? I'd think that the ref who heard that and did nothing but assess a 2 minute penalty would be immediately fired for not taking the threat serious enough and not doing anything even after the fact. Why would any ref admit this?

What is happening is that you're believing the Canucks way of doing things. They are slimy and hypocritical and use the media as a tool to give their team an advantage and punish others. They are constantly whining about refs, whining about the calls, calling the game unfair and that is just the way they go about things. Instead of taking care of things on the ice(where was the other Sedin this game? Did he even touch the puck?), they wait til after the game to fire their shots and "get back" at the other team. Just like when Kesler was ripping Ladd for an entire summer even though no one even noticed the elbow or whatever and he did nothing on the ice. He talked a bunch of crap about how he would make Ladd pay. So they get in a fight, Ladd starts beating him up and Kesler takes him down before any more bad punishment happens to him. They are just all talk.

Their fans buy into their garbage and grimy ways and that is part of the reason they are one of the most hated team on these boards. Believe me, it isn't because of their tiny bit of success they had last year that went down the drain. It is because the way the organization carries themselves from the owner all the way down to the players. They use the fans as their pawns and unfortunately, many of them(not all) have the same delusional and hypocritical attitude that their team does. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. I think a lot of it has to do with the frustration of never winning a Cup and having real success. But I look at a team like the Maple Leafs, who have been equally as terrible and their fans aren't the same. Don't get me wrong, many of them are completely foolish when it comes to hockey and their players and that is expected. All teams fans have incredible homerism. But it isn't the same type of whiny, insufferable blindness towards their wrong doings that the Canucks have. Eh, just my opinion I guess.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:58 AM
LandofLincoln

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_...xcCl5dCgnvm_Kv

both hits Keith's and Sedin's

Old
03-23-2012, 05:02 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
So because he is a role model and has a clean past he should be punished more then Cooke or Carcillo? That makes 0 sense.
Well, with the growing rate of concern they have had this year, it wouldn't surprise me. I think he gets any where between 6 - 8. I don't see how they can go from a phone hearing to requesting an in person hearing without substantial evidence to cause them to reconsider. The next 48 hours are going to be interesting that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Interesting you say that. If Daniel Sedin gets off free of suspension, then it turns out that revenge was the only answer...right?
Well we won't even know now will we? I again reiterate that Daniel Sedin's hit was definitely high, but was it more of an intent to injure than Keith's hit? Certainly not, but both plays are definitely suspension worthy at the time both plays occured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
So with that being said Daniel should get equal to Keith? He went with intent to injure just didn't get the job done.
There have been 4 other videos of Keith throwing elbows to the heads to other players where he did not receive a suspension. This was the epitome of an intent. I wouldn't say his was an intent, like I said his hit was definitely high, but to say that his shoulder was an intent as badly as Keith's? You're looking at it from strictly from an eye for an eye. It's a grey area.

Old
03-23-2012, 05:04 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
That's a terrible description of Sedin's hit...it was a shoulder to the head more than his elbow! The elbow is no where near Keith's head at all.

Old
03-23-2012, 05:36 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Do you honestly think that a ref heard that, yet only gave Keith a 2 minute penalty? He heard Keith threaten Sedin and then deliberately elbow him in the head, giving him a concussion and then didn't give him a 5 minute penalty and kick him out of the game? I'd think that the ref who heard that and did nothing but assess a 2 minute penalty would be immediately fired for not taking the threat serious enough and not doing anything even after the fact. Why would any ref admit this?

What is happening is that you're believing the Canucks way of doing things. They are slimy and hypocritical and use the media as a tool to give their team an advantage and punish others. They are constantly whining about refs, whining about the calls, calling the game unfair and that is just the way they go about things. Instead of taking care of things on the ice(where was the other Sedin this game? Did he even touch the puck?), they wait til after the game to fire their shots and "get back" at the other team. Just like when Kesler was ripping Ladd for an entire summer even though no one even noticed the elbow or whatever and he did nothing on the ice. He talked a bunch of crap about how he would make Ladd pay. So they get in a fight, Ladd starts beating him up and Kesler takes him down before any more bad punishment happens to him. They are just all talk.

Their fans buy into their garbage and grimy ways and that is part of the reason they are one of the most hated team on these boards. Believe me, it isn't because of their tiny bit of success they had last year that went down the drain. It is because the way the organization carries themselves from the owner all the way down to the players. They use the fans as their pawns and unfortunately, many of them(not all) have the same delusional and hypocritical attitude that their team does. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. I think a lot of it has to do with the frustration of never winning a Cup and having real success. But I look at a team like the Maple Leafs, who have been equally as terrible and their fans aren't the same. Don't get me wrong, many of them are completely foolish when it comes to hockey and their players and that is expected. All teams fans have incredible homerism. But it isn't the same type of whiny, insufferable blindness towards their wrong doings that the Canucks have. Eh, just my opinion I guess.
Whoa easy there bud. I came in here for a discussion on this particular hit. I would be open to discussion on why you think otherwise as to why you think the NHL has gone from a phone hearing to a in person hearing in less than a 12 hour window? Who's to say that it didn't happen and who's to say it did? Keith never came out and denied the claim obviously not saying he should even care for that statement.

So you're assuming that I'm part of this homer fanbase, when I have come in here to have an open discussion. So what you're doing is basically being a hypocritical Hawks fan by thinking that I am here to defend Daniel and point all the blame at Keith? Funny enough we haven't even had a discussion yet you've already made generalizations about me and my hockey knowledge.

1.) I apparently "buy" into the ways they do things. I don't buy into what they do and heck I know they get away with calls, every team gets away with calls. You battle through them. Funny that you should mention that the Canucks use the Media to get what they want. Wasn't it Bolland who threw a shot saying that he didn't want the Sedin sisters on the Hawks? It works both ways. The media is a tool for any team and any team who doesn't use the media in a hockey mad market would be foolish to not use it to their disposal.

2.) I do recall Burrows trying to get at Keith after the hit. Sure you can go and say "Well, yeah he grabbed his hair before who would want to get a in scuffle with someone like that?" Fair, but there were other players have challenged him to a scuffle for the rest of the night. Where was Keith then? The whole team was trying to get at him and to say that the Canucks were trying to only get at him after the game is pretty naive. I believe the Canucks were so distracted for the whole 2nd period trying to get at Keith that the refs had to assess 3 misconducts, two to the Canucks and then to Keith to "manage" the game.

Just out of curiousity, if Keith had left the game at that point in time when Daniel threw the hit and been still playing, I'm sure you'd be asking for Daniel's head on a platter. I look at Keith and would easily say he's your top 2 guy on your back end.

3.) If your brother took a shot to the head, you do what you can on the ice, but to say that Henrik was ineffective for the rest of the game is pretty meh. The game yesterday didn't really have any significant meaning to either team next to living up to the expectations of a great rivalry building. But of course, you'd turn a blind eye and say he did nothing...you don't like them as players I get that. In our eyes, it was the first time we have seen any sort of emotion from him in terms of the rough stuff and it was refreshing to see. Sure you might find it much of a joke but quite frankly, they would take punches to the head and not do anything about it but for him to get in scrums was a step in the right direction.

Finally, I don't buy this crap of you thinking the organization using the fanbase as pawns. Don't let the fanbase on boards depict the fanbase. They're generally speaking 15 year olds who want to win now when I know it's the hardest championship to win in professional sports period. Sure you could say it's jealousy of success, or you could call it a great rivalry that's developed the past 4 years. You say it's hatred, I say it's passion and great for the game. Unless you generally want to develop a rivalry with say the Predators? By all means, if you like watching paint dry I'm all for it.

Shame that you see it differently. By your theory, every team's fanbase has fans that are being played like 'pawns'. It's how society works. I'm sure you Hawks fans have fans who believe there are missed calls etc etc. Not every fanbase is perfection.

I could easily say the American Gov't is playing the American people like pawns (which they really are in my opinion) but then again that's another discussion. Exhibit 1 on how the politics are playing people like pawns...

We could keep on going about this whole pawn talk or we could keep on going. Anyways...

Last edited by The Kassian Train: 03-23-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old
03-23-2012, 06:36 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Interesting you say that. If Daniel Sedin gets off free of suspension, then it turns out that revenge was the only answer...right?
Throwing an elbow to a guy's head that could end his career was the only answer?

I don't disagree that Sedin's hit may have been borderline dirty, (thought i'm not sold on that yet necessarily) but at the very most maybe a game suspension or fine.

On the other hand, that hit from Keith was on a whole different 'are you ****ing kidding me?' kind of level. And look closely at more than one angle at the Sedin hit. He hit Keith with his shoulder not an elbow, and it was a body check, abeit a high hit. Keith's on the other hand hit no part of Daniel's body other than his head, and had nothing at all to do with trying to make a play on the puck, it was more less pretty much a straight up assault.

Last edited by yoss: 03-23-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old
03-23-2012, 06:56 AM
InsaneBlackhawksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
Throwing an elbow to a guy's head that could end his career was the only answer?

I don't disagree that Sedin's hit may have been borderline dirty, (thought i'm not sold on that yet necessarily) but at the very most maybe a game suspension or fine.

On the other hand, that hit from Keith was on a whole different 'are you ****ing kidding me?' kind of level. And look closely at more than one angle at the Sedin hit. He hit Keith with his shoulder not an elbow, and it was a body check, abeit a high hit. Keith's on the other hand hit no part of Daniel's body other than his head, and had nothing at all to do with trying to make a play on the puck, it was a straight up assault.
Driving your shoulder into someone's head could end a career just as easily as an elbow to the head. It was a Sedin's body to Kieth's head that was the initial point of contact. Sedin was head hunting Kieth pure and simple and now Daniel's career may be over... too bad...

Calling something a "high hit" does not take away from the fact he was going for Kieth's head. Well Daniel paid the price for that and possibly with his career. Hope that "high hit" was worth it....

Like I said earlier in this thread, if the NHL were serious about stopping head shots, then Daniel would not be concussed now. Oh well another star, an albeit less innocent star, lost to concussion. Good job Shanny and Bettman!

Old
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBlackhawksFan View Post
Driving your shoulder into someone's head could end a career just as easily as an elbow to the head. It was a Sedin's body to Kieth's head that was the initial point of contact. Sedin was head hunting Kieth pure and simple and now Daniel's career may be over... too bad...

Calling something a "high hit" does not take away from the fact he was going for Kieth's head. Well Daniel paid the price for that and possibly with his career. Hope that "high hit" was worth it....

Like I said earlier in this thread, if the NHL were serious about stopping head shots, then Daniel would not be concussed now. Oh well another star, an albeit less innocent star, lost to concussion. Good job Shanny and Bettman!
really? Ok, i'll let you throw a shoulder at my head as hard as you can, then i'll throw an elbow at yours, and who do you think will be the worse for wear? Based on physics and human anatomy that statement just isn't true. Not even close.

I guess Keith sure taught him a lesson though, right? Tbh if i were a Canuck fan and i saw a player on my team throw a hit like that, i would have a hard time ever looking at him the same way again. And honestly, i had some respect for Keith before. BC boy, blah blah all that, a grudging respect for a guy i *thought* played the game tough and hard and the right way. That is pretty much gone now. Not that it matters to Hawks fans to be sure, but just saying.

I do agree with you that they need to do a better job of getting headshots out of the game though. No doubt about that.

Last edited by yoss: 03-23-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old
03-23-2012, 07:22 AM
yoss

You are not even allowed to throw elbows in the UFC in many circumstances ffs, so what does that tell you?

Old
03-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
The main board is composed of drooling retards.
Agreed. It's amazing how many of those people call for 10+ games whenever it's a player of another team guilty of a dirty hit, but think it'll be no suspension when a guy from their favorite team does it.

Keith will get 2-4.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Sedin has to get a hearing too. Keith should not get more than what Kubina or Doan got.

Sedin started this, Keith finished it and showed him how to do it

Old
03-23-2012, 08:32 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Is sedin's hit getting reviewed at all?

Old
03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
stingo

A couple of things. Why are retarded Canuck trolls coming over here onto the Hawks board?

With the playoffs locked up pretty much for the Canucks, it would not surprise me AT ALL, if the Vancouver Canucks org is purposefully sitting out D. Sedin to force the league to give Keith a harsher suspension. Guaranteed the moment Keith is suspended, D.Sedin is inserted back into the line-up.

I hope the suspension is very small, to give Vancouver another reason to burn their city to the ground. Hopefully this time, taking a good majority of their gutless fanbase with it.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Take the homer glasses off. The league wouldn't have gone from wanting a phone hearing to then wanting an in-person hearing (which they asked him to waive) he was getting less than 5. It was a malicious act and I think Shanny wants to make an example here that this **** can't be tolerated.
It was a malicious act. But the problem here is that he is changing his stance because of a whiny head coach, GM, and fan base, apparently. And he's also potentially ignoring a malicious act earlier in the game by the victim, and our buddy Burrows kneeing Keith in the groin on the ice.

If Keith gets his suspension upped to 5+ games, which is almost unheard of for a first time offender, and Vancouver players get nothing, it sends a real bad message:

1) Whine and you will get your way
2) Vancouver has a license to continue their dirty play

If Keith gets 2-3 games, it's fair for both teams.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
A couple of things. Why are retarded Canuck trolls coming over here onto the Hawks board?

With the playoffs locked up pretty much for the Canucks, it would not surprise me AT ALL, if the Vancouver Canucks org is purposefully sitting out D. Sedin to force the league to give Keith a harsher suspension. Guaranteed the moment Keith is suspended, D.Sedin is inserted back into the line-up.

I hope the suspension is very small, to give Vancouver another reason to burn their city to the ground. Hopefully this time, taking a good majority of their gutless fanbase with it.
I thought this as well, and it wouldn't surprise me IN THE LEAST. Anyone wanna take the odds that as soon as Keith's sentence is passed down that D Sedin is immediately back on the ice?

Old
03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
That's a terrible description of Sedin's hit...it was a shoulder to the head more than his elbow! The elbow is no where near Keith's head at all.
Sedin delivered a check to Kieths head and Kieth retaliated with an elbow to Sedins head.
Bring on the suspension but take note that Kieth will retaliate and he is quite good at it.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

I'm guessing Keith will sit the rest of the regular season...maybe one playoff game if Shanahan really wants to send a message.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Well, it helps us get 6th.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:01 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
I'm guessing Keith will sit the rest of the regular season...maybe one playoff game if Shanahan really wants to send a message.
Which is absolute crap. I could understand the rest of the season, he's deserving of that. But a playoff game too? C'mon just yesterday all they wanted to do was talk to him over the phone. Now suddenly they feel he needs to miss playoff games for this?

Old
03-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
There is absolutely NO WAY that is reasonable. What did Doan just get? 3 games? And he's a repeat offender. EVERY suspension handed out sends a message of some sort. If he actually does sit Keith for the rest of the regular season, the message for this one will be "I cater to the whining Vancouver Canuck organization and let perception cloud my judgement"

He should get 2-3. If he gets 5 or more, it's a crime.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Which is absolute crap. I could understand the rest of the season, he's deserving of that. But a playoff game too? C'mon just yesterday all they wanted to do was talk to him over the phone. Now suddenly they feel he needs to miss playoff games for this?
See, I don't think he's deserving of the rest of the season either. Not based on all the suspensions handed out this season. Not even close.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, it helps us get 6th.
Which, with the LA Kings and our nemesis Quick, sitting in the #3 spot....do not want. I'd take 4-5 and play Detroit any day of the week than face the Kings right now.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM
sketch22

I hope Kieth has Fehr on speed-dial. Anything more than 5 games is ridiculous considering Bourque was a repeat offender and only got 5.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:25 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Which, with the LA Kings and our nemesis Quick, sitting in the #3 spot....do not want. I'd take 4-5 and play Detroit any day of the week than face the Kings right now.
Don't forget we had won 10 in a row against them prior to these last few losses. I still like our chances against them. Sharp dominates them.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Agreed. I'd take a banged up Detroit over LA who is really hot right now. I want the Hawks to keep winning and get the 4.

Closed Thread