HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#74 - 03.23.2012 | Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think we're seeing Marty tonight, but will wait for confirmations there of course.

Watching the game with the girlfriend, diehard Sabres fan, this is one of those games where I wouldn't mind winning in overtime

They need points and are rolling, we need points and are coming together, should be a fun game.

LGR

Wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo get a point so it would be one point closer to knock the Capitals out of 8th place and out of the playoffs. LETS GO RANGERS

Old
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Buffalo is trying to sneak into 8th while toronto is trying to sneak into the draft lottery by playing like garbage. Why the hell would we play lundqvist against toronto?

Hank tonight, Biron tomorrow.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
NYR Viper

Just get the 2 points. No excuses. This may be the team they are matched up against in the 1st round. Set the tone. This team can be pushed around with no Kassian, Kaleta and Gaustad. Hit them.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I WANT this WIN!!!! GO GET IT RANGERS!!!

We need this win!!! This hasn't been said in awhile, this is the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!

Reasons:
1) Rob Ray (Buffalo's commentator or whatever) was on NHL Home ice (Sirius/XM) the other day saying that Buffalo will make it in the playoffs and "would be licking their chops to play the rangers in the first round" and basically that buffalo would beat the rangers in the first round.

2) We have 2 games in hand on st louis for the #1 place in the NHL, and only 2 points behind them....get the two points take over first in the NHL!!!!

3) NEED to keep winning to stay in front of the penguins!!!

GO DO IT RANGERS!!!! GET US THE TWO POINTS!!!!

I will also add that the rangers haven't seen buffalo since they have turned their game around, this oughta be a difficult challenge, but we MUST FIND A WAY TO WIN AND GET THE TWO POINTS!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post

We need this win!!! This hasn't been said in awhile, this is the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!

Reasons:
1) Rob Ray (Buffalo's commentator or whatever) was on NHL Home ice (Sirius/XM) the other day saying that Buffalo will make it in the playoffs and "would be licking their chops to play the rangers in the first round" and basically that buffalo would beat the rangers in the first round.

2) We have 2 games in hand on st louis for the #1 place in the NHL, and only 2 points behind them....get the two points take over first in the NHL!!!!

I will also add that the rangers haven't seen buffalo since they have turned their game around, this oughta be a difficult challenge, but we MUST FIND A WAY TO WIN AND GET THE TWO POINTS!!!!!

If Buffalo wants to beat us, they better start winning, winless in 3 against us. BTW, I thought our 3-2 OT victory came in their hot stretch.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If Buffalo wants to beat us, they better start winning, winless in 3 against us. BTW, I thought our 3-2 OT victory came in their hot stretch.
i couldn't remember the third, so it might have been...

other than the facts in post, i am hoping it fires us up here to beat buffalo!!!!!

Old
03-23-2012, 09:41 AM
dccuse

If we win, we're first in the president's trophy race with a game in hand over st louis. Interesting situation though, given who we're playing. Personally, i'd rather not play Washington in the first round and I dont think they're going to catch florida. So maybe im pulling for an overtime win tonight to give buffalo a point and a lead on the surging caps.

3-1

Zucc
Boyle
Gabby

Old
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
PMantis24
LGR!

I really like these 4 lines, they finally look balanced to me.

Won't be able to watch the game tonight.

LGR!!!

Old
03-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post

Reasons:

Rob Ray has been punched in the head a lot, so consider that. Second, our dream scenario is that we overtake Washington and Ottawa for the 7-seed, and Florida jumps Boston for the 2-seed. Finally, you shouldn't take offense to Sabres fans preferring the Rangers to Pittsburgh if we make it. One need only look at Miller's career numbers vs Pittsburgh--5-9-3, 3.37 GAA, .881 SV%--to understand why we'd rather not play the Pens. Making the playoffs is cool, but getting swept out of them in the 1st round is not.

Good luck tonight, just not too much. Three-point game? I'll take it.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Rob Ray has been punched in the head a lot, so consider that. Second, our dream scenario is that we overtake Washington and Ottawa for the 7-seed, and Florida jumps Boston for the 2-seed. Finally, you shouldn't take offense to Sabres fans preferring the Rangers to Pittsburgh if we make it. One need only look at Miller's career numbers vs Pittsburgh--5-9-3, 3.37 GAA, .881 SV%--to understand why we'd rather not play the Pens. Making the playoffs is cool, but getting swept out of them in the 1st round is not.

I'll take it too. I'd gladly give the Sabres a point if they pass Washington and push them to 9th place.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Dangleberry

Pretty excited for this game.

@KatieStrangESPN #NYR Same lineup for Rangers tonight; Lundqvist in goal

Old
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Rob Ray has been punched in the head a lot, so consider that.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
FromTheSide

Good. Lundqvist should rightfully start tonight.

I think it's time to have one of those blow out games. Book it.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
keLtic9

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

Lundy confirmed for tonight!

Old
03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Though the Rangers are 3-0 against the Sabres this season, they're still a team I'd prefer not to play in the playoffs first round...or ever really. Mostly because if Miller gets hot and stays hot the series could be lost, and because that would be pretty terrible for me and the girl...one elated while the other is lost in despair.

Give me Washington over Buffalo any day. I still think we open against Philadelphia though after Pitt takes the 1.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:28 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

I don't take offense to any team wanting to play the Rangers over the Penguins. It's the virtual guarantee that you guys would beat us that grinds my gears. Could it happen? Sure. Is it guaranteed? Absolutely not.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
FromTheSide

My latest Creation will launch us to a win

LGR!

Old
03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

2-0 nyr

Old
03-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Lundqvist In net. Awesome. In Syracuse rn on amtrak. Not awesome. Let's get 2 big ones Rangers. Ill take a 3 pter. We are shaping up again and like it.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
My latest Creation will launch us to a win

LGR!
I commented on YouTube.

Very nicely done.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

I hope for a huge win! This will be one tough night for me... First I am going to watch the Rangers match (starting at 1 AM). Afterwards, I have about 2,5 hours to get some sleep in before I turn on the TV to watch my fav. rugby team play (The Natal Sharks) who are in Sydney at the moment.

Man, sometimes it sucks to live in Europe when football is not your fav. sport haha.

On the match: I hope we get an early goal to get off to a good start and work from there. My predictions for goals:

Gabby, Cally and Zuccarelly

Old
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Ice Hockey

when buffalo is getting hit and their net is being crashed with with consistency, they usually lose. let's do that.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

While I haven't agreed with recent goalie start decisions in certain back to backs, I completely agree with this one.

Rangers are heating up, Buffalo is fighting for their playoff lives. I could see this one going to OT.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Lundqvist tonight, Lundqvist tomorrow night. Its time to rack up the W's and we can't worry about if Biron is going to **** the bed at this time of the season. Home ice advantage is crucial.

Old
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Senorchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Man, sometimes it sucks to live in Europe when football is not your fav. sport haha.
At the same time, it sucks to live on the west coast of the US when you're trying to follow European football! Having to take an early lunch break to see champions league games at 11:45am just feels wrong. Or having to get up at 4am on a Saturday morning to see my premiership team play their early game... bleh!

Closed Thread