HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Power Rankings

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2003, 06:05 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Power Rankings

Because I know everyone misses them so much, I decided to bring back my ratings.... which, since I could not think of something orginal, I decided to call them... Power Rankings. (Sadly, my career requires creativity).

http://nhl.degroat.net

In addition to the Power Rankings, you'll also find each team's strength of schedule.

Old
11-17-2003, 04:42 AM
Irish Blues

We differ slightly - I have New Jersey #1 followed by Philadelphia, St. Louis (you have 4th), Vancouver (you have 5th) and Boston (you have 3rd). I also have Pittsburgh with the toughest strength of schedule, with Phoenix 4th. I also have Washington dead last (you have them 29th, with Pittsburgh last - I have the Pens 29th.)

I'm assuming your SOS is based on each team's record at the time they play....which would probably explain the difference between your rankings and mine.

I'll keep track of how our ratings differ throughout the season. How often will you update yours?

11-17-2003, 04:58 AM
degroat*

The SOS is not based on each team's record at the time they play... it changes as the teams get better and worse. I went back and forth on how I wanted to do this and I eventually decided that this was the way to go.

Mine will update offcially every Monday... usually every Sunday night after the games are complete. Thankfully, now I have everything database driven so as long as I enter the games throughout the week, updating them on Sundays will only take a few minutes after the last game is played.

BTW.. the FAQ's could have answered your questions.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
The SOS is not based on each team's record at the time they play... it changes as the teams get better and worse. I went back and forth on how I wanted to do this and I eventually decided that this was the way to go.

Mine will update offcially every Monday... usually every Sunday night after the games are complete. Thankfully, now I have everything database driven so as long as I enter the games throughout the week, updating them on Sundays will only take a few minutes after the last game is played.

BTW.. the FAQ's could have answered your questions.
Yeah....but I'm trying to do homework. I'm being as lasy as possible otherwise.

I'm toying with mine trying to add in things like goal differential and refiguring strength of schedule based on the team's record at the time two teams play....but I'm not that far yet. (Haven't had time to mess with Access yet to take care of all that stuff.)

Closed Thread