HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Top 50 List - Spring 2006 - Rangers Top List With 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling
TSN just released their updated overall player rankings (measuring the impact a player has on a game) and Hank was 12.

He was the top ranked goalie, and second ranked rookie behind only Parise. Ooops...make than Ovechkin.

Not that this list is an end all, it's just another take on a player's impact.
link?

Old
02-16-2006, 10:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
link?
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10467&hubname=

Old
02-17-2006, 07:34 AM
sling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Thanks. Forgot to paste that.

Does HF consult anyone in the NHL scouting community or management when they rank prospects?

Old
02-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Zach Parise is listed at #14. Pray tell what the boy has done this year to deserve that kind of ranking? I am not saying that he doesn't have talent, but come on! Does that mean that Pavel Brendl is still a highly regarded prospect? There are several players who have demonstrated already their ability to perform at the next level that are list behind him. Stavos and Prucha to name two.
Yeah, someone mentioned Jussi Jokinen. I can gaurantee that there isn't a GM in the league who rather would have Parise then J. Jokinen. Anyone who have seen both play this year knows that, if you trust what you see. Seems like the people who makes the list don't really trust their hockey sense. The only way to make a list like this that makes sense is to look past size, draft position, stats in juniors.

Old
02-17-2006, 08:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling
TB, you write a lot like that imitation journalist at the Blueshirt Bull. He also shares almost your exact views on Parise and Jessiman.

You wouldn't be him, would you?
No.

Old
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Zach Parise is listed at #14. Pray tell what the boy has done this year to deserve that kind of ranking? I am not saying that he doesn't have talent, but come on! Does that mean that Pavel Brendl is still a highly regarded prospect? There are several players who have demonstrated already their ability to perform at the next level that are list behind him. Stavos and Prucha to name two.
Give me a break. I'm sure Lou has his hand in this. He has his hand in everything involved with the NHL.

Old
02-17-2006, 12:47 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Give me a break. I'm sure Lou has his hand in this. He has his hand in everything involved with the NHL.
Yes, I am sure that Lou is guilty. He must have spent countless nights not being able to sleep becuase of where he thought that a publication might rank Parise. Wasn't that Lou on the grassy knoll?

Closed Thread