HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings trade Jack Johnson and a 1st Round Pick to CBJ for Jeff Carter

Old
03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
ShattStar03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Yeah I'm in the bay too, and have seen this so many times, sported by more "ghetto"-fashioned individuals. One of the hats was actually a glossy, pleather material with shiny accents all over our Chevy logo. Disgusting. I just hope it doesn't get overused to death like the Dodgers cap by people who aren't even true fans and who are much more interested with the word "King" on their hats for their over-inflated egos.
Sadly, I'm on constantly on college campuses and thats all I see. Every other dude has a Kings hat on and when I ask them about the team, they just give me that "get the **** out of here" kind of look.

It WILL be overused, I already think it is, especially being on campus.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Sadly, I'm on constantly on college campuses and thats all I see. Every other dude has a Kings hat on and when I ask them about the team, they just give me that "get the **** out of here" kind of look.

Yup, everywhere on my college campus too. And from your location, I assume we're on the same campus in the East Bay!

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Hey I live in chino. Which store? Big 5? Dicks?
Well its Chino Hills actually, but I live in Chino. Sport Chalet.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
Sport Chalet.
We'll Take You to The Limit!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
We'll Take You to The Limit!
Worst advertising EVER! Lol

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I am so glad this trade went down. I really feel it is a win-win for both sides. JMFJ scored his first goal for us tonight and to see this guy playing... it's a position that has troubled us for some time and this guy may actually change our fortunes as we look to brighten our future.

I hope Carter is fitting in well for you like JMFJ is for us.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I am so glad this trade went down. I really feel it is a win-win for both sides. JMFJ scored his first goal for us tonight and to see this guy playing... it's a position that has troubled us for some time and this guy may actually change our fortunes as we look to brighten our future.

JMFJ always played his best in LA when Doughty was out for whatever reason...I think that he rises to occasion when he is THE GUY, and he can be that guy in CBS. This is one of those rare trades where I think we will look back and say that it worked out for everybody...CBS got a top pairing defenseman that while not great defensively is a solid offensive guy with a real dynamic presence to him and LAK got a solid winger to give them a two line attack that has allowed them to open up the offense. This trade is for sure a win-win, IMO.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

We shouldn't have had to throw in the 1st. Give it back!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
We shouldn't have had to throw in the 1st. Give it back!
I was thinking the same.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:

The Kings are 4-1 since the trade.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:

Glad to hear things are looking good. JJ could be beastly at times, maybe getting traded and being the #1 guy on a new team will bring that out of him on a more consistent basis.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

JJ looked pretty good in that fight, too bad he didn't do more of that in LA. Glad he's doing well though.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am curious if CBJ fans now realize that JMFJ is or is very close to being a true #1/2 dman.

He has the potential to be a beast.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Was Carter the perfect fit acquisition at the deadline?

First the obvious: LW (capable), Goalscoring Sniper, had for extra D-Man, etc..

But has he slotted in perfectly also? Chemistry with Richards and completed 2nd line scoring. Took pressure off 1st line and Kopi has thrived. Allowed 3rd line to focus more on physical play and energy, not trying to score. Also allowed Nolan to slide back to 4th line which has become a very effective energy line.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:08 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
Was Carter the perfect fit acquisition at the deadline?

First the obvious: LW (capable), Goalscoring Sniper, had for extra D-Man, etc..

But has he slotted in perfectly also? Chemistry with Richards and completed 2nd line scoring. Took pressure off 1st line and Kopi has thrived. Allowed 3rd line to focus more on physical play and energy, not trying to score. Also allowed Nolan to slide back to 4th line which has become a very effective energy line.
The only thing I was worried about was how he and Richie would be together because they were thrown together in the 2010 playoffs and early in the 2010/2011 season. With very little practice time they've been great together.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
bral
Go Kings!

I was against trading for Carter. When I found out it was for JJ and a 1st I was "meh" about it. But I have to say i'm impressed, he's exactly what we needed. This guy puts the puck on net every chance he gets, and last night against the Blues he was in the crease wacking away all game. Again color me impressed. Keep it up, GKG!

The other Knock on Carter was he disapears during the Playoffs, hopefully we'll see and hopefully he doesn't.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post

I hate this too. This is especially true for the Dodgers and Lakers but now I gues it's happening with Kings merch as well. I'm sure the organizations don't mind selling some extra stuff but it kills me to see someone who doesn't know **** about the team wearing the gear.

The other day I was at Target and I saw this kid in his early 20's wearing a Kings hat. Obviously, it stuck out at me as I don't run into Kings fans all that often. It was the morning after the big win over the Ducks and I approached him with "It was nice to humiliate the Ducks last night, eh?" The dude looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

"Are you a Kings fan or just like the hat?", I asked.

"Just like the hat," he said without even looking up at me.

I kind of scoffed and and finshed the rest of my shopping but when I saw him a few minutes later I couldn't resist and said "Hey dude, that logo means alot to some people. We appreciate the support, but have a little respect if a fan approaches you"

The kid continued to look at me like I was speaking Chinese.

I then ran over him with my car.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I hate this too. This is especially true for the Dodgers and Lakers but now I gues it's happening with Kings merch as well. I'm sure the organizations don't mind selling some extra stuff but it kills me to see someone who doesn't know **** about the team wearing the gear.

The other day I was at Target and I saw this kid in his early 20's wearing a Kings hat. Obviously, it stuck out at me as I don't run into Kings fans all that often. It was the morning after the big win over the Ducks and I approached him with "It was nice to humiliate the Ducks last night, eh?" The dude looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

I kind of scoffed and and finshed the rest of my shopping but when I saw him a few minutes later I couldn't resist and said "Hey dude, that logo means alot to some people. We appreciate the support, but have a little respect if a fan approaches you"

I saw something just as bad I saw this kid with a shirt that said Kings with the same font and everything I got closer and it said something like "realm Kings" and he was wearing a hat that looked like the old script Los Angeles Kings hats of the Gretzky era but it said Los Angeles Originals, I wasn't sure if I wanted to punch him in the pie hole or puke, I could't decide so instead I walked away in disgust

Dawdler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Unfortunately, better get used to it. This is a sadly massive bandwagon town. Ever wonder where all the Lakers fans went and where all the Clippers fans came from?

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
There are still the same amount of Laker fans, it just seems like the Clipper fans sprouted up to take a place beside them.

The Kings though, yeah, the bandwagoning will be bad if we get into the playoffs and do something. But honestly, I don't care...how many teams have we had that were good enough for someone to even bandwagon upon? I'll deal with it now if needed

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
The only thing I was worried about was how he and Richie would be together because they were thrown together in the 2010 playoffs and early in the 2010/2011 season. With very little practice time they've been great together.
Same thing I was worried about, but I guess they figured it out

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post

Hope you backed up too.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Hope you backed up too.
In reading my comments I can't help but feel like a bitter old man. Everything I wrote sounds exactly like something my dad would say LOL.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
DontgoZiggy

Loved this comment from a Jackets fan (Blahblah) in the Colombus forum about JJ

Quote:
"The honeymoon period has been great. We haven't had a chance to suck his will to live yet. He's still wide eyed and motivated. It's kind of cute actually."
It'd be nice if JJ could help them turn it around.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Loved this comment from a Jackets fan (Blahblah) in the Colombus forum about JJ

It'd be nice if JJ could help them turn it around.
We won't know until next season when the games really matter again. Once teams are eliminated from the playoff race, they tend to play relaxed and enjoy the spoiler role.

It's still a trade that will help both franchises.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote