- Foligno-Ennis-Stafford. You can not stop them, you can not contain them.
- Miller in control.
- PKing was good.
- I like Hodgson a lot tonight again.
- No more Sylvester and Gare!!
- Turnbull's first. It was ugly, but it was important.
- Tropp's moxy mixes well with Hodgson's smarts. He was good tonight and didn't blow any d-zone coverages.
The Bad -
- Officiating continues to be poor.
- Ehrhoff's wild backhander?
- Leino blowing a couple giftwrapped chances. I liked him early, but those missed opportunities drive me nuts.
- No more Duff.... sad.
- Leopold-Myers and Turnbull with three breakdowns on the Rangers only goal. Lots of ugly there.
The Ugly -
- Can we get a little help?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
- Ennis, Stafford, Foligno, of course. I love how quickly Ennis has been moving the puck and the fact that Stafford is SHOOTING. Foligno winning battles to get posession of the puck before getting it to Ennis. It's the perfect line, like a ****ing machine.
- Miller doesn't like me not giving him 2nd half MVP. Sorry Ryan!
- Their play got better as the game wore on. In the 3rd period, EVERYONE wanted the puck. No one just sat around waiting, they drove for the puck and fought for it until they had it.
- Redemption night. Players making mistakes and making amends, like Ehrhoff
- Sucks for Rangers to have guys leave after blocking shots. You give up your body and sometimes it hurts your team in the long run.
Add to the good: LRP in the offensive zone. I LOVE how they move the puck and the feet and do a great job of puck recovery. Problem is they have to get possession in the offensive zone, which they don't do enough.
The defensive collapsing around Miller was huge.
Overall, I'm not going to quibble about bads. They played a very, very good Rangers team on the road fairly evenly, with the difference being the Sabres converted their chances, the Rangers didn't.
He made a couple really nice defensive plays. Deflected a cross-ice pass in the 1st that I thought would have been a sure goal, and then in the 3rd came back to defend a wrap around. Solid and steady. What more can you ask of him?