HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No More Nancy Drew

Old
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

vCash: 500
**** it. i'm going to the game on tuesday.

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldthing89 View Post
And the game in hand is actually a bad one , they are losing 5-1 right now
To Montreal, no less :shocked:

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Hey lets play a game called having a grasp of what actually took place.

There is a HUGE difference between blowing a 3-0 lead and being in a back and forth game that you let go at the end.
Yea blowing a lead and point with 1.7 seconds left is way worse then blowing a 3-0 lead in the 2nd

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
Who agrees that the Rangers are thinking right now: "It would probably be best if we don't end up facing Buffalo in the first round" ????????

Nice Post/ I think there's probably truth in that statement.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Royisgone

We need to pull a "Montreal" tomorrow and take care of business. Do what we did against the Habs on Wednesday. We should take the 2 points and that's what we must do, despite the (short) travel and the back to backs. No excuses. It would be nice if that crowd could do something other than sit on their hands tomorrow.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
wyldthing89

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
To Montreal, no less :shocked:
Montreal beat them almost all year, with this game they will be 4-0-2 on the season serie !!!

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Very impressed with Tropp tonight, I didn't like him much on the 4th line, but he's really showing he has some offensive potential. Mucky 3rd line grinder, sort of like Tim Kennedy. I like his game. Hodgson and him were great, could've had a couple goals.

Real story is FES and our defensive play though, this team looks completely different, I'm not sure if it is them forging some sort of identity or just getting healthy bodies back. But they look different from the team that was playing in Mannheim. The defensive play is better, the forwards know what they are doing, the defense is getting pucks to them quickly and we transition into offense quickly. Maybe it's just me but everything just seems to be coming together. Stafford is getting real hot right now which is just what we need. Now if we could only get our first line rolling, we'd be in great shape. Props to Ennis and Foligno, just perfect chemistry wow, words cannot describe.

Sulzer and Ehrhoff got some German connection or something because they are just solid solid. Leopold looks bad, but Myers does a solid enough job to cover for him. Sekera and Regehr, solid solid.

Don't take Minny lightly tomorrow.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Wow, Panthers lose in OT

Old
03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
joshjull

Roy with another great game. Strong in all zones. That line also had some good puck possession shifts. Hopefully Leino can start converting those golden opportunities

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Nice Post/ I think there's probably truth in that statement.
If it comes to pass, a Sabres-Rangers series would be interesting. I imagine it would be relatively low scoring based on how they've played one another so far (other than tonight's late-game F-E-S goals).

03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Hey regional fans:

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-ca...-2012-1122615/

Get on it. Too bad travel from SoVA is so expensive :p

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:13 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Very impressed with Tropp tonight, I didn't like him much on the 4th line, but he's really showing he has some offensive potential. Mucky 3rd line grinder, sort of like Tim Kennedy. I like his game. Hodgson and him were great, could've had a couple goals.

Real story is FES and our defensive play though, this team looks completely different, I'm not sure if it is them forging some sort of identity or just getting healthy bodies back. But they look different from the team that was playing in Mannheim. The defensive play is better, the forwards know what they are doing, the defense is getting pucks to them quickly and we transition into offense quickly. Maybe it's just me but everything just seems to be coming together. Stafford is getting real hot right now which is just what we need. Now if we could only get our first line rolling, we'd be in great shape. Props to Ennis and Foligno, just perfect chemistry wow, words cannot describe.

Sulzer and Ehrhoff got some German connection or something because they are just solid solid. Leopold looks bad, but Myers does a solid enough job to cover for him. Sekera and Regehr, solid solid.

Don't take Minny lightly tomorrow.
My sentiments almost word for word. Just would add that the forwards seem to be in the right places at the right time in our zone... no leaving the zone early or lazy anticipation floating/circling. They are in position to recover the puck off rebounds and take the outlet pass.

Foligno gives us strength on the boards on the breakout that we were missing.

Old
park rangers
Optimist

congrats on the win fellas, saw a great defensive effort by the Sabres, blocking shots and every pass we attempted.

Good to see Miller like his old self, IMO the worlds two best goaltenders were on the ice tonight (when healthy)

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
If it comes to pass, a Sabres-Rangers series would be interesting. I imagine it would be relatively low scoring based on how they've played one another so far (other than tonight's late-game F-E-S goals).
I've been saying for a while we match up relatively well against the Rangers, at least as compared to Boston and Pittsburgh the way they are playing with a healthy Crosby.

Of the other teams who might face the Rangers in the 1st round, we have the best goaltender (when he's on) and the Rangers are not a super physical team so that potential advantage is lost.

And we are capable of playing the tight D style the Rangers play themselves. Moreso than the Caps for example.

Old
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Roy with another great game. Strong in all zones. That line also had some good puck possession shifts. Hopefully Leino can start converting those golden opportunities
Leino Vanek and Boyes are the only players not on top of their game right now. This version of Leino is still better than the 1sdt half version, Boyes is a Gerbe or Kaleta from the press box.

Vanek, he has not been horrible, he's driving the net and doing some little things well. He's just gotta move that puck better and bear down in his own zone.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Upstater

Didn't get to watch the game tonight. With the updates I was getting seemed to be a decent one. I am glad Winnipeg beat the Caps but it would have been a bit nicer in regulation.

Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Leino Vanek and Boyes are the only players not on top of their game right now. This version of Leino is still better than the 1sdt half version, Boyes is a Gerbe or Kaleta from the press box.

Vanek, he has not been horrible, he's driving the net and doing some little things well. He's just gotta move that puck better and bear down in his own zone.
Leino works his tail off every shift he is on the ice

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
My sentiments almost word for word. Just would add that the forwards seem to be in the right places at the right time in our zone... no leaving the zone early or lazy anticipation floating/circling. They are in position to recover the puck off rebounds and take the outlet pass.

Foligno gives us strength on the boards on the breakout that we were missing.
Exactly. Our defensive zone breakout work tonight was as good as I've seen it, and Foligno has been huge in the role you outline.

My position is that it does not take forever for talent/quality to reveal itself in sports. You can already tell Foligno will be a very useful player in this league, and he's big. Good for him. I wish him all the success in the world.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
Who agrees that the Rangers are thinking right now: "It would probably be best if we don't end up facing Buffalo in the first round" ????????

Not just the Rangers...Sabres are one of the hottest teams in the league right now....I bet the other top teams don't want to see us either...

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
Yes he does.

He played 20+min tonight(all at ES) and was pretty effective. He has his occassional brain farts but is usually an effective player. A much better LW for that line than the previous one.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Not just the Rangers...Sabres are one of the hottest teams in the league right now....I bet the other top teams don't want to see us either...
We have the wonderful distinction now of having given the top two teams in points in the East their last regulation losses.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Deja Vu...

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Giroux View Post
He does, and he doesn't turn the puck over willy nilly anymore. If he starts finishing or at least starts drawing some calls I'll be satisfied but he's not on top of his game good enough for those results. He's close though.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Royisgone

Leino looks absolutely nothing like he did for the first half of the season. He's close to being "all there" and gearing up for playoff form by the looks of it.

And he plays bigger than he is. He's not small (listed at 6'1", 190 lbs) but he plays a bit bigger than that, or so it seems.

Guys like Tropp, Foligno, and Leino will play a big part in any playoff success we have, and a lot of that won't involve the score sheet.

The way Foligno and Tropp are playing right now alone makes us a different team than we have been for most of the season.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Something not talked about much lately.

Remember all the criticism Ted Black and more important Terry Pegula got ~2 months ago for saying injuries were a big part of their poor play?

Obviously it was much more than that, but good on the team for backing up their owner after he backed up them.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote