HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

RELAX! We have an easy schedule coming up!

Old
03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
NHL94com*

vCash: 500
RELAX! We have an easy schedule coming up!

We play like Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg etc. coming up! We might fall behind 1st tomorrow or whenever but we will win the division when all is said and done! Thats why we built up all those points before, so that when we struggle later (now) we'd still be in prime shape!

RELAX!

NHL94com* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
There is no such thing as an easy game for the New York Rangers.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Montreal always give us fits. We barely came out of Winnipeg with a W.

Toronto and Minnesota should be easy, but with this team, anything is possible.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Buffalo was part of the easy scheduled. They schooled the Rangers in every facet of the game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
NHL94com*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Buffalo was part of the easy scheduled. They schooled the Rangers in every facet of the game.
Buffalo has been playing great lately and is fighting for a playoff spot. I expected the Sabres to play hard tonight and possibly win.

Toronto and Montreal though...we will clean up on them. They're both pathetic and we have the Habs at home, so that's an easy 2 points right there.

NHL94com* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
MDL8981

There's NOTHING to be relaxed about with this team at this time of the season.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Many nights we're not good enough to call this stretch easy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

preposterous

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Toronto schooled us earlier this season and they are just as much of a joke now then they were then. A fast, young and creative team will burn our tired defense and our floundering goalies.

Montreal ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS gives us problems, and it doesn't matter whether we play them at home or in their barn.

We've always struggled against the Thrash in past seasons and them being the Jets now changes nothing. Barely beat them the last time, and it was while we were playing better hockey.

This team is ice cold in all facets of the game. Nothing has come easy, and now it seems like injuries and bruises are taking its toll. Tonight marks the most worried I've been about the team all season.

Pray for misfortune on Pittsburgh or we're ****ed.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:51 PM
mahonistan*

I don't care what happens as long as they get it fixed by game 1 of the first round. This team can beat anyone they play if they have the right mindset.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:53 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
Buffalo has been playing great lately and is fighting for a playoff spot. I expected the Sabres to play hard tonight and possibly win.

Toronto and Montreal though...we will clean up on them. They're both pathetic and we have the Habs at home, so that's an easy 2 points right there.
This game would have been a layup to Pittsburgh. A team serious about getting the #1 seed doesn't lose a game against a fringe playoff team at home, I don't care how hot they are. They not only lost they got dominated. I was just beginning to feel good about this team, they've been playing much better defense until today. Today it looked like every player was a member of the 3 stooges.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:02 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
What game were you watching?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What game were you watching?
The one where we allowed like 5 odd man rushes, the offense couldn't do anything right and Lundqvist **** the best in the 3rd. What game were YOU watching?

Old
03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
This game would have been a layup to Pittsburgh. A team serious about getting the #1 seed doesn't lose a game against a fringe playoff team at home, I don't care how hot they are. They not only lost they got dominated. I was just beginning to feel good about this team, they've been playing much better defense until today. Today it looked like every player was a member of the 3 stooges.
Maybe the Rangers are more concerned about getting healthy for playoff time than getting the number one seed. The last few SC champs weren't number one seeds. I don't care what place the Rangers are as long as they show up in the playoffs.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Ail
k.

Hahahahaha, "easy" stretch. Good one dude.

You do realize this is the New York Rangers forum right?

They don't just come out and crush teams who are barely clawing their way in to a playoff spot, or have been bottom feeding most of the year. No they come out and play 20 minutes of the game and scrape by a magic win in the third, or OT.

That or completely get blown out.

03-23-2012, 11:13 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Easy? If the leafs use their speed properly and match our toughness we're in for a long game, we ALWAYS have a hard time beating the habs at home and the jets are playin for their playoff lives, there's no such thing as an easy game at this point in the season and there's sure as **** not such thing and an easy game if they play anything like they did tonight...

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:22 PM
For Your Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
True you have to beat the best to be the best but I would rather not play the Flyers first round but that is just me. I am not saying I am scared of them but I think they are one of the best teams in the East.

As for the spelling police, I am posting off my kindle and it is not easy. I graduated with Honor's and have a 3,500 square foot house so go ahead and rip on crap like that and then you can ask your next customer if they would like fries with that.
Next time you go to your office, I mean, the closet you work out of in your janitor's space, remember that you aren't too high up on the totem pole compared to some of the college kids in here who work while they go to school. As for being a hockey fan, your username pretty much emanates the stench of the type you are. Being insecure because you can't spell is pretty funny. My iPhone nor my computer never made me spell something as hilariously off as you did, nor did I have to brag about what I own or have in life when someone came across as negative towards me. What could you expect from someone who didn't even know hockey existed before 2008 though?

For Your Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
The one where we allowed like 5 odd man rushes, the offense couldn't do anything right and Lundqvist **** the best in the 3rd. What game were YOU watching?
Lol we dominated the game. Miller stood on his head.

Lundqvist was ridiculously good until the third when he let in goals on odd man rushes that weren't his fault.

Come back from the cliff bud

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Agent View Post

Lundqvist was ridiculously good until the third when he let in goals on odd man rushes that weren't his fault.

LOL..... main board, I asked if he was back out on the ledge?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Agent View Post

What game were you watching? We dominated the first 10 minutes and like 10 minutes in the 3rd period. We overpassed every opportunity we had. Lundqvist's 3rd goal, odd man rush or not was terrible, the 4th wasn't good either. If we allowed so many odd man rushes, how did we dominate the game? Shots were even but the chances were far better for Buffalo and Miller outplayed Lundqvist. Buffalo was the team that dominated for the most part. This game was as bad as the Pittsburgh game where we also had spurts of decent play but by in large were dominated.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Montreal completely owns our dignity and the Jets are one of the best home teams in the league. What part of this is easy?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
What game were you watching? We dominated the first 10 minutes and like 10 minutes in the 3rd period. We overpassed every opportunity we had. Lundqvist's 3rd goal, odd man rush or not was terrible, the 4th wasn't good either. If we allowed so many odd man rushes, how did we dominate the game? Shots were even but the chances were far better for Buffalo and Miller outplayed Lundqvist. Buffalo was the team that dominated for the most part. This game was as bad as the Pittsburgh game where we also had spurts of decent play but by in large were dominated.
If it weren't for Mitchell kicking their first goal in our net the game would have basically been tied 1-1 half way through the 3rd. We definitely had our chances but unfortunately weren't able to convert. This was far from a dominating performance on the part of Buffalo. Once again, you must have been watching a different game than the rest of us.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Pittsburgh is coming on like gangbusters

add to it boneheaded plays by rangers like John Mitchell have NY losing momentum down the stretch.

Philly may very well pass NY when the season is in the can. They have played very well since Grossman came over at the trade deadline.

That would put NY in 5th place perhaps giving Philly the home ice advantage.

Or NY takes the #4 and has the advantage against the flyers

plus numerous other possibilities

NY has to avoid the stupid turnovers and continue to play the style that has brought them so much success.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Vitto79

this team is good.........just win......they will......in the end F the Pens........if they win the East its not cause this team is not very good

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:29 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If it weren't for Mitchell kicking their first goal in our net the game would have basically been tied 1-1 half way through the 3rd. We definitely had our chances but unfortunately weren't able to convert. This was far from a dominating performance on the part of Buffalo. Once again, you must have been watching a different game than the rest of us.
So Mitchell's performance doesn't count as part of the team's performance? How many odd man rushes did we allow? How many chances against? Not only did we allow more goals we allowed far more chances.