HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ||| Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?

Old
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
The Head Crusher
Retired

vCash: 383
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
You done all the Daedric quests? (are all available at 34)
No I have only completed 2 of the daedric quests, when I said main story line I mean the dragon born story line.

03-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I've had this game since the release and I just learned something new. I've created dozens of characters and anytime a dragon would attack a town/city, it'd be one of the "open world" cities. Places like Dawnstar, Riverwood or Winterhold. The ones that didn't require a loading screen, that you could just walk into.

I always assumed the "closed world" cities, places like Whiterun, Solitude, and Riften, weren't programed to get attacked by dragons...for whatever reason. Because I had never seen it before.

Well, just now, a dragon attacked Solitude. Landed right in front of the Imperial Legion fort. Didn't last long, but I had never seen that before.
I get them all the time in Whiterun.. After awhile it becomes annoying as all of the citizens gather around to look at the dragon bones and they stop selling stuff..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Krishna

This is ****ing pissing me off..

I cant use any of the forges, alchemy labs, smelters, or enchanting tables..

Old
03-20-2012, 07:30 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Got this for the PS3 on Saturday and I love it, already put in 17 hours and I still haven't seen the graybeards yet... The only thing I dislike is the bugs/glitches and the lag included.. Sigh, that's what separates it from a truly elite game.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Got this for the PS3 on Saturday and I love it, already put in 17 hours and I still haven't seen the graybeards yet... The only thing I dislike is the bugs/glitches and the lag included.. Sigh, that's what separates it from a truly elite game.
The bugs and glitches are what keeps it from being elite.. But bethesda needs to start spending more time testing the games they put out.. Every game i play by them, which includes fallout 3, fallout new vegas, and skyrim, i put hundreds of hours into it.. But there's always huge numbers of glitches that **** over the gameplay in a bad way. Like making quests unable to be finished and **** like that

Old
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Ps3 is helped a lot by turning off all auto-saves. Just remember to save on your own.

03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Alpha
Sergei Fedora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Really? My destruction/sword character was absolutely overpowered. I went through everything so easily that it started to get boring.

Just send gigantic fireballs on everyone who is far away from you and then slash them to bits as soon as they get close to you.
Yeah I'm level 40ish and all the enemies I face have high elemental resistance. My destruction skill is only level 70 or so but even with enchanments I can still only take down 1/4 of an opponent's health (at once) with a fully charged fireball/icestorm. When you grab all the perks in the dual wield tree, I find that everyone, save for Dragons and Dragonpriests, will die from one dual power attack. I suppose it doesn't hurt that my Daedric Swords hit for 120 damage each

Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

KILL CAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Bethesda~!

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:13 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

More pics from Issz's journey thus far.

- Issz's encounter with a rogue Conjurer. Issz easily defeated her in battle.

- A nice reward for a battle well fought. Also, I can't seem to get the that damn SKSE error to go away.

- Random encounter with a random tipped over cart spilling out it's cabbages. The Horror!

- Issz's encounter with a group of undead at Hamvir's Rest (I have never gotten the quest or piece of lore that details what this place is about, is there even an entrance to a dungeon anywhere, because I can't find one?

- Issz's Third ninroot sample!

- Issz spots a patrol in the distance, are they friendly?

- Upon closer inspection, no.

- Using tactful thinking, Issz leads the group of bandits in to a herd of nearby Mammoths.

- The Mammoths easily dispatch the group of Bandits, which consisted of 2 Bandit chiefs.

- Oblivion reference!

- Issz, looking upon Brynjolf trying to sell his 'Frost Elf cure for what ails-yah', while he looks for the oppotunity to snatch Madesi's ring and plant it on Brand-Shei.

- Brand-Shei caught with Madesi's ring.

- After helping out Byrnjolf in framing Brand-Shei, Issz is invited down in to the Ratway to meet with the Thieves guild, but not before one final test.

- Never bring just your fists to a knife fight, as this poor sob soon learn't.

- The Ragged Flagon

- During the quest 'Taking Care of Business', Issz is roughing up Bersi Honey-Hand for not paying his protection fee. (The sound he made was epic! It sounded like 'Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaarg')

- After completing Byrnjolf's second mission, Issz meets with Mercer Frey, the leader of the Thieves Guild

- Issz being surrounded by a group of hired mercs protecting Goldenglow Estate's bee farms. It was Issz's toughest fight yet, but he succeeded, barely.

Last edited by RobBrown4PM: 03-21-2012 at 01:28 AM.
RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I'm getting angry because I haven't learned any good destruction spells besides frostbite, sparks and flames. I want the long range stuff damnit.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Started a new game playing a melee/archer type character. Master difficulty is insanely impossible.

McSkittlez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Krishna

Last night i passed the 100 hour mark on skyrim... In 2 weeks..

I need to get out more

Old
03-22-2012, 02:49 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Level 12 nord, 28:33 hours in and not even close to done... God I love these types of games.... There are a few things I wish were changed, like the quest logs, they are too vague.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Level 12 nord, 28:33 hours in and not even close to done... God I love these types of games.... There are a few things I wish were changed, like the quest logs, they are too vague.
And the bugs/glitches..

Fix them

Old
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Alpha
Sergei Fedora!

Is the patch out for 360 yet??

Old
03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINEC View Post
I think it usually takes a week from when they Submit it to Microsoft to when it gets put out

Old
03-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINEC View Post
Perhaps someone could answer a somewhat noobish (though, also, somewhat technical) question for me. I'm awfully clueless when it comes to consoles (I'm a PC guy) and I've always heard that console games couldn't be patched. What changed and how? The game still mostly resides on and runs from the disc, right, so how is the patch applied? Is it stored separately on the internal hard drive and, then, when the game is running, any file on the hard drive is used instead of the older copy on the disc? If not that, then does a game cache/install a small amount of files, including the main program file, on the hard drive, and those files can be patched, but not any of the content that stays on the disc? If it's neither of those, what is it? I'm just curious because I'm a tech nerd, but I don't really follow the modern console scene and am awfully lacking in knowledge of how the recent generations of consoles work on the inside. Thanks.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Perhaps someone could answer a somewhat noobish (though, also, somewhat technical) question for me. I'm awfully clueless when it comes to consoles (I'm a PC guy) and I've always heard that console games couldn't be patched. What changed and how? The game still mostly resides on and runs from the disc, right, so how is the patch applied? Is it stored separately on the internal hard drive and, then, when the game is running, any file on the hard drive is used instead of the older copy on the disc? If not that, then does a game cache/install a small amount of files, including the main program file, on the hard drive, and those files can be patched, but not any of the content that stays on the disc? If it's neither of those, what is it? I'm just curious because I'm a tech nerd, but I don't really follow the modern console scene and am awfully lacking in knowledge of how the recent generations of consoles work on the inside. Thanks.
The games can still be patched.. From my understanding it places a file onto the console's memory that modifies parts of the game.. But i could be wrong..

Also it tends to take longer for the consoles to get patched becase Sony and Microsoft have to verify the patch

Old
03-22-2012, 08:49 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-v-skyrim-dlc/

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3176...e-ps3-xbox.htm

Last edited by AugustBurnsRed*: 03-22-2012 at 08:56 PM.
AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
zytz
lumberjack

As far as I know I'm playing a totally unpatched version of the game on 360- haven't turned on XBL since well before I bought Syrim... but I don't think Ive encountered many (if any) real bugs or glitches.

The worst thing so far is that my rogue got shot in the belly with an arrow that went all the way through me, but never disappeared after battle, or sleeping or fast travel, etc. so it looked like I had a tail for a couple days wherever I wAlked. Just disappeared once when I sat down to play though.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Krishna

wtf.. just got a dragon.. in black reach..

Old
03-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I wish you could of posted a screen shot.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:19 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

These bugs and glitches are starting to ruin this game... Transformed to a werewolf in wind helm and got killed by a huge mob , and now when it tried reloading it was stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes!!

Do they bother to test these games out? How do they not know what's wrong with these games? I'd do it for free, and I guarantee I'd be able to find 99% of all glitches within a week.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Alpha
Sergei Fedora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Did you use unrelenting force on the yellow orb? Because that's scripted.

The source: http://vehq.net/skyrim-dlc-info-leaked/

Starts off with "I can confirm nothing" regarding its credibility.

Taking it with a grain of salt.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
The Head Crusher
Retired

vCash: 383
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Ok this ancestral Assassin is beginning to creep the hell out of me....

The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote