HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

YOUR TEAM'S prospect pool!

Old
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
KeeperOfTheCage

vCash: 500
Personally I think our prospect pool is middle of the road
(not in any particular order)
1. Devante Smith-Pelly, although I'm not sure if he should be included as he has been with the big club all season.
2. Emerson Etem, absolutely destroyed the Dub this year with Medicine Hat. looking forward to him making the big club and playing (hopefully) on the second line
3. Sami Vatanen, great defender, will look great playing alongside Sbisa or Fowler in the future
4. Max Friberg, loved this pick from the second i saw we got him with a later pick. loved him in the WJC
5. Rickard Rakell, Friberg's teammate at the WJC, also loved his game
6. John Gibson, American goalie that skipped out on the States to play in the OHL with Kitchener. great goaltending prospect that uses his size and speed very well

i do love our few high end forwards (Sexton could also be included in that list but it's arguable he's still a prospect as he's played with the big club off and on). Our d prospects are a bit thin after Vatanen, but with Sbisa and Fowler still being so young and having their mentors (Beauchemin, Lydman, Brookbank to a lesser extent) teaching them, I'm not too worried. i'd argue our goaltending is quite strong (Bobkov played for Russia in last year's WJC, Gibson is an amazing, enticing prospect, Tarkki filled in when Hiller and Ellis were hurt). while having good prospects, none are particularly amazing with stud potential aside from Etem so I'd rate our prospect pool as being somewhere between 14th-17th

KeeperOfTheCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:07 PM
sharks9

Not that great. Our D is pretty solid having Tinordi and Beaulieu coming up and we have a few decent forward prospects like Kristo, Gallagher and Bournival but we have no goaltending depth. It's not like we really need any, but it would be nice to have in case Price gets injured.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

1. Michael Sgarbossa, F, Sudbury Wolves OHL
2. Stefan Elliott, D, Lake Erie Monsters, AHL
3. Duncan Siemens, D, Saskatoon Blades, WHL
4. Joey Hishon +, F, Lake Erie Monsters, AHL
5. Sami Aittokallio, G, Ilves Tampere, SM-Liiga
6. Calvin Pickard, G, Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL
7. Tyson Barrie, D, Colorado Avalanche, NHL
8. Cameron Gaunce, D, Lake Erie Monsters, AHL
9. Kieran Millan, G, Boston Terriers, NCAA
10. Mark Olver, F, Colorado Avalanche, NHL

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I have seen Sjarbossa play and have always been impressed with him during prospect camps. But I don't see how he could be Colorado's #1 prospect. That to me seems like an effort to boast off one of your prospects.

A lot of players have dominated the OHL and have done nothing in the NHL, Rob Schremp is a classic example. I'd definitely have Elliott and Siemens over him at least. Probably Hishon too.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

1) Erik Gustafsson: (23 yr old defender AHL/NHL. Looked good in 1st stint with big club, average 2nd stint, and good again during 3rd stint. Puck moving guy who is small. Doesnt make too many mistakes when passing the puck. Can calm the game down when needed. Needs to get alittle bigger to handle NHL defenseman. Does a pretty good job though for a rookie)

2) Eric Wellwood: (22 yr old forward AHL/NHL. Kyle Wellwood's brother who is the team's fastest player. Has decent hands and playmaking ability. Never gives up though. Plays on the pk also Recently has earned a stint with the big team.)

3) Marc-Andre Bourdon: (22 yr old defender AHL/NHL. Played a few games with the big squad this season after Gustafsson and a few other players got hurt. Surprised everyone looking good in beginning but struggled near end. Big guy with a slapshot, but can be prone to turnovers and his speed is just average)

4) Brendan Ranford: (19 yr old forward WHL (Kamloop Blazers). Has some nice passing and goal scoring hands. Finally got some help on the Blazers this season while putting up 92 points in 69 games good for 11th in WHL. Got his skating up from below average to average. Could just be an juniors scorer but hope he can show more than that in a few years.)

5) Nick Cousins: (18 yr old forward OHL (SSM). Has got some offensive skill but his main attribute is that he pisses off the other teams, coaches, and fans. Runs his mouth a lot. Main downside is that he dives. Did well offensively though on one of the worse teams in the OHL (where no one helped him at all) putting up 88 points, good for 6th in OHL.)

6) Brendon Manning: (21 yr old defender AHL/NHL. Reminds me of Pavel Kubina. Big shot from point. Hits hard. Not amazing offensively or defensively but solid in both areas. Had a pretty good showing on the Flyers this season for the few games he was up.)

7) Ben Holmstrom: (24 yr old forward AHL/NHL. The team's younger Blair Betts. Monster on the pk and solid in faceoffs. Has also upped his intensity over the past season)

8) Marcel Noebels: (20 yr old forward WHL (Portland). If Im not mistaken plays on the Rattie-Bartschi line and has done a nice job there. Acts as the big guy, using his frame well. Has some good offensive skill. Kind of reminds me of Hartnell a bit (dont think he would drop the gloves though))

9) Jason Akeson: (21 yr old forward AHL Won the OHL scoring title last season and has done pretty well so far as a rookie with the Phantoms. Has some sick playmaking skills, but defensively struggles abit. Most fans would like to see him in a few games on the big team, but most likely wont till next season.)

10) Oliver Lauridsen: (22 yr old defender AHL. The Great Dane, he is a 6'6-6'7 punishing defenseman. Best quality is that he hits like a truck and can clear the front of the net, but he is slow on his feet and cant skate to well. If he ever improves that, he could be a solid defensive defenseman.)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I have seen Sjarbossa play and have always been impressed with him during prospect camps. But I don't see how he could be Colorado's #1 prospect. That to me seems like an effort to boast off one of your prospects.

A lot of players have dominated the OHL and have done nothing in the NHL, Rob Schremp is a classic example. I'd definitely have Elliott and Siemens over him at least. Probably Hishon too.
I would agree. All the hype this kid is getting seems a bit much.

I would still have both Elliott and Siemens ahead of him, with Barrie after him, Hishon then Pickard.

Elliott
Siemens
The Boss
Barrie
Hishon
Pickard

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Top 10

1. LD Oscar Klefbom
2. C Anton Lander
3. LD Martin Marincin
4. LW Teemu Hartikainen
5. LD David Musil
6. LD Martin Gernat
7. G Tyler Bunz
8. C Tyler Pitlick
9. LW Curtis Hamilton
10. LD Brandon Davidson

HM - C Ryan Martindale, RD Jeremie Blain, G Olivier Roy, D Colton Teubert

Recent Graduates: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Magnus Paajarvi

Strength - Big Puck Moving Defensman
Weakness - Top 6 Forward Depth, RHD

Projections

Oscar Klefbom - Top 3 All Around Defensman
Anton Lander - Elite 3rd Line Center, Solid 2 Way Center
Martin Marincin - Top 4 PP Quaterback
Teemu Hartikainen - Top 9 Winger, Gritty, Hardworking, Physical
David Musil - Top 4 Shutdown Defender
Martin Gernat - Top 4 PP Quarterback
Tyler Bunz - #1 Goalie
Tyler Pitlick #2/3 Two Way Center
Curtis Hamilton - Bottom 6 Winger with ability to score, possibly 2nd line duties
Brandon Davidson - Top 4 Offensive Defensman

Top Prospect is easily Oscar Klefbom, played a huge role for Sweden at the WJC and made it to the WJC Allstar Team along with Brandon Gormley. Currently playing 20+ minutes a night for Farjestad in the SEL playoffs and projects very nice to the NHL, already has NHL size and has very high upside.

Overall Ranking - Top 10
I'd be curious as to where you rank Linus Omark.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I would agree. All the hype this kid is getting seems a bit much.

I would still have both Elliott and Siemens ahead of him, with Barrie after him, Hishon then Pickard.

Elliott
Siemens
The Boss
Barrie
Hishon
Pickard
There's no way I put Pickard ahead of Aittokallio.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
JurassicTunga

Flames

Sven Baertschi - LW
Max Reinhart - C
TJ Brodie(in NHL) - D
Leland Irving - G
John Gaudreau - LW
Roman Horak - C
Michael Ferland - LW
Markus Granlund - C
Bill Arnold - C
Greg Nemisz - RW
Joey Leach - D
John Ramage - D
Tyler Wotherspoon - D
Paul Byron - C
Lance Bouma - LW
Karri Ramo - G
Ryan Howse - LW
Joni Ortio - G

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I would just like to add that the leafs have alot of "safe" or pro projected prospects, as in they have games that are likely to make them at least pros (whether NHL or AHL is undetermined).

Also, in regards to Blacker. Blacker is probably NOT better than Gardiner defensively, he simply plays it differently. Gardiner is all positioning, stickwork, and simple puck separation via body angles and speed. Blacker uses his size, strength, balance, and strong puck pursuit to play d.

EDIT: Granberg. Those expect Gunnarsson IMO will be disappointed. He can move the puck and has above average hockey sense, but do not expect him to be teeing up nice passes. He can pinch and keep a cycle going but one should not expect a top 4 dman at this point (which gunnarsson is).
What i meant was Blacker plays the same style, however he focuses more on the defensive side of the game, not that he was skillfully better. Wrong choice of words i guess

Granberg's defense is similar to Gunnarsson, calm, boxes out opposition, uses his stick more than his body, i never really made mention to his offensive game.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Didn't count him as a prospect.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
On my list I'd have him after Gernat.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

1. Dougie Hamilton - Defenseman, Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)

Hamilton should make the transition to the NHL next year. The only thing that kept him off the squad this year was his weight - he needed to fill out into his increasing height. It also didn't hurt that he was under zero pressure to make a big impact for a team that had just won the Stanley Cup. How he fell to #9 last year in the draft is really surprising. He was the final draft pick acquired from the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Phil Kessel trade. He displays tremendous offensive skill from the backend

2. Jared Knight - Center / Right Wing, London Knights (OHL)

Knight was selected with the 2010 2nd round pick acquired in the Kessel trade with Toronto. He uses his size very well to attack the net in a bull rush style and has a nasty shot. How this kid wasn't invited to the combine is beyond me, because the video that he put out prior to the draft was quite impressive. He needs to work on his speed, however he has a very strong power stride. He possesses leadership skills and is being compared to a Ryan Callahan type of player. His bust level is low in that if he's not in the top 9, then he will surely be able to play a strong 4th line role. He was once again scratched off of the United States' Under-20 World Junior Championship team due to their questionable discrimination of not being too keen on displaying their best because of players choosing to go the CHL route.

3. Alexander Khokhlachev - Center / Left Wing, Windsor Spitfires (OHL)

Khoklachev, like all other Russian born players, has the KHL stigma attached to him and many have said that that is the only reason why his stock fell at the draft last year. Most scouting agencies / lists had him targeted between the middle to end of the 1st round. Being eligible for last years' draft by only days it could be argued that barring his freak lacerated kidney this season, he would almost assuredly be targeted as one of the premier players available in this year's (2012) draft. His offensive skill is undeniable, however he needs to work on his conditioning (appeared to be out of shape at last year's rookie camp). He has great hands, good playmaking ability, and a tremendous knack for the net. He played for Russia at this year's Under-20 World Junior Championships and finished with 5 points (4 goals, 1 assist) in 7 games.

4. Ryan Spooner - Center / Left Wing, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

Spooner was selected in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft and appears to be another Boston 2nd round steal (see: Bergeron, Lucic, and Krejci). If he can improve his defensive game and add a few more pounds, he's going to make it very tough on the Bruins to send him to Providence next year. He has excellent vision and superb play-making ability. In the few rookie games against the Islanders over the past two years, he's dazzled and made it very clear that he was the best player on the ice. He was also one of the last forwards cut in camp coming out of his draft year. The sky is the limit for this kid.

5. Carl Söderberg - Center, Linköping HC (SEL)

The only reason Söderberg is at #5 on my list is because he's a long shot to make the jump over the pond. If he intends or intended on joining the North American pro-leagues, he'd be listed much higher. On the Bruins board, he's been compared to the Yeti, Bigfoot, and other folk lore legends.

6. Anton Khudobin - Goalie, Providence Bruins (AHL)

Khudobin was acquired last year in a trade with the Minnesota Wild due to their tremendous organizational depth at goalie. Although many would not consider him a prospect due to his age (25), he has only played in 6 NHL games (2-0, .860 GAA, .979 SV% and 4-0, 1.59 GAA, .942 SV%). He started the current AHL season off with some shaky performances, however as the season has worn on his play has improved (19-17-3, 2.60 GAA, .919 SV%). One could also argue that his mediocre play this season could be due to playing ‘tender for the underwhelming Providence Bruins (which is a whole different topic). Reports came in this past offseason that he would bolt to the KHL due to the goalie situation in Boston, however PC somehow convinced him to stay and inked him to a two year contract that is designed to end after Rask’s current contract and at the same time as the completion of Thomas’ contract. Recently, he suffered a wrist injury that has kept him out of play over the past few weeks, however he is scheduled to return sometime soon. With Rask down to injury and the Turco experiment failing miserably, it seems as if he will be given the chance to backup Thomas / give Thomas some rest in the stretch run of the regular season.

7. Maxim Chudinov - Defenseman, Cherepovets Severstal (KHL)

Chudinov turned out to be a surprise / steal (chosen in the 7th round in the 2010 draft) because I believe the Bruins selected him to encourage Alexandrov (who was just unloaded to the Islanders) to make the jump over to North America. While undersized, Chudinov plays a physical game that is unlike most Russians. He possesses some offensive skill that has really shown this current season (from all reports). While he was taken as a project pick, his certainty of playing in the NHL is unknown.

8. Carter Camper - Center / Right Wing, Providence Bruins (AHL)

An NCAA UFA acquisition last year out of Miami Ohio (whom he captained), Camper was 5th in the NCAA last year in points. Upon arriving in Providence last year, Camper played in the final 3 games, registering a point in 2 of them. Along with Khudobin and Warsofsky, Camper has been another bright spot during another underwhelming Providence Bruins season. Although he is another undersized player in the Bruins’ system (5’9), Camper uses his size and speed well to create scoring chances. In his cup of coffee in Boston this year (that was short lived due to the trade deadline acquisition of Brian Rolston), Camper registered his first career NHL goal. While Boston appears to be set in the top 6 for years to come, and top heavy in terms of offensive talent joining the organization from the OHL, Camper is my darkhorse winger to make the Bruins out of camp next year.

9. David Warsofsky - Defenseman, Providence Bruins (AHL)

Warsofsky is an undersized and speedy offensive defenseman who was acquired in the Sobotka trade with St. Louis. He played his collegiate years at BU and signed a contract with the Bruins organization after his NCAA season had come to an end last year. He's been a bright spot for the aforementioned underwhelming Providence Bruins team this year. He employs his good vision and shifty speed to enter the offensive zone quickly and could be used down the road as a powerplay specialist (Marc-Andre Bergeron lite). Though the Bruins appear to be set at defense for next season (Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, McQuaid, and most likely Hamilton), he could be called up should an injury occur ala Steven Kampfer (unless of course the Bruins decide to sign a veteran defenseman in the offseason).

10. Maxime Sauvé - Center, Providence Bruins (AHL)

Another 2nd round selection by the Bruins, Sauvé impressed last year down in Providence. However, that trend has not continued as he’s been slowed by injuries this season – limited to only 27 games. In those 27 games, he’s racked up 17 points. Along with Camper, Sauvé also had his first cup of coffee this year with the Bruins, in which he was injured (again). With the additions of Spooner, Knight, and the continuation of Camper, Sauvé should be able to put up dramatically better numbers in Providence next season. He has good speed, hands, and playmaking ability.

11. Tommy Cross – Defenseman, Boston College (NCAA)

Once again, Cross is another 2nd round selection by the Bruins (it’s become quite the trend - he was selected in 2007). Cross captained the Boston College Eagles this year to both the Hockey East Championship as well as the Beanpot Championship (championship between all the Boston area schools). As a senior, Cross is expected to join Providence after his NCAA season has come to an end (BC is in NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Championship Tournament). All is good and well, however there are concerns over his knee injuries over the past few years. Until he joins the pro-game, it’s unknown how he will be able to adapt (being that quality NCAA defenseman are rare). Hopes are that he is able to join Providence and make a large impact on a mediocre backend that has seen its most promising incoming CHL defenseman be sent down to the ECHL (Ryan Button).

11. Lane MacDermid - Left Wing, Providence Bruins (AHL)

The reason for MacDermid making this list is simple: he appears ready to make the permanent jump to the big club in a fourth line role. Unlike the other players on this list, his game revolves around hitting, fighting, and more hitting – he simply hits everything and anyone out on the ice. In his first NHL shift (days ago), MacDermid chose to drop the gloves with Mike Rupp (yikes). If the agent of Dan Paille should get into Paille’s ear and tell him that he could demand 3rd line money this coming offseason, then MacDermid and his large frame (6’3, 205lbs) would slide nicely into the 4th line (replacing Paille).

12. Adam Morrison – Goalie, Vancouver Giants (WHL)

Signed to an ELC this week as an UFA, Morrison was originally drafted by Philadelphia yet never signed to an ELC. Morrison has split his 57 games played this year between Saskatoon (2 games) and Vancouver (55 games), and put up respectable numbers (36-17, 2.68 GAA, .891 SV%). The Bruins organization is severely lacking in terms of goaltending potential in the future (with the exception of Khudobin, who I claimed many would not consider a prospect due to his age) and thus this is the main reason for including him on my list (along with Volden and Gothberg).

13. Lars Volden - Goalie, Espoo Blues (SM-liiga)

Volden was Mr. Irrelevant of the Boston Bruins’ organization in last year’s draft (he was chosen in the 6th round last year – Boston had traded their 7th round pick to Chicago in exchange for their 7th round pick in 2010. While Volden has had limited playing time for the Espoo Blues this season (he's jumped around their organization this season playing on their main team, their junior Under-20 team, being loaned out to Jokipojat of the Norway2 league, and playing for Norway's Under-20 team), reports of scouts who have seen him play seem to think he could be an NHL goalie someday in the future. Like Morrison and Gothberg (who I rank at #12 and #14 in the prospect rankings), Volden is on this list simply out of the lack of organizational depth in-between the pipes for the Bruins.

14. Zane Gothberg – Goalie, University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux (NCAA)

Gothberg is another project prospect in the Bruins organization. After playing for the Fargo Force of the USHL, Gothberg committed to the UND Fighting Sioux, where he hasn’t appeared in a game yet in his Freshman season. The reason for him making this list is simple: the lack of quality goaltenders in the Bruins organization. It’s going to be a long road for Gothberg to make the NHL, however he chose a great school in UND to help him develop his game that the Bruins seem to think he could flourish someday in the future.

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 03-23-2012 at 10:28 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

1. Sven Bärtschi - Left Wing - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
2. T.J Brodie - Defense - Calgary Flames (NHL)
3. Leland Irving - Goaltender - Calgary Flames/Abbotsford Heat (NHL/AHL)
4. Max Reinhart - Center - Kootenay Ice (WHL)
5. Roman Horak - Center - Calgary Flames (NHL)
6. Greg Nemisz - Center/Right Wing - Abbotsford Heat (AHL)
7. Micheal Ferland - Left Wing - Brandon Wheatkings (WHL)
8. John Gaudreau - Left Wing - Boston College (H-East)
9. Markus Granlund - Center/Left Wing - HIFK (SM-liiga)
10. Bill Arnold - Center - Boston College (H-East)

*If T.J Brodie and Roman Horak are no longer considered prosepcts, then slot two of the following players in place of them in the top 10.
Joey Leach - Defense - Kootenay Ice (WHL)
John Ramage - Defense - Wisconsin (WCHA)
Tyler Wotherspoon - Defense - Portland (WHL)
Paul Byron - Left Wing/Center - Abbotsford (AHL)
Laurent Brossoit - Goaltender - Edmonton (WHL)
Karri Ramo - Goaltender - Omsk Avangard (KHL)

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:03 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Switch up Tvrdon & Pulkinnen and it's spot on. If Ouellet has a good solid playoffs he'll find his way into my top 5. The other thing is most of our forwards have top 6 potential with 2 having top line, Nyquist & Jarnkrok.
Yeah, I actually originally had Pulkkinen in the top ten...but after thinking about it, his skating needs to go a long way before he has a chance. He may have some of the better upside of anyone in the system, but he also has a higher chance of busting than anyone too.

Although I do think he'll work on his skating a lot this offseason (he put on a ton of muscle last offseason, but that cost him even more in the foot-speed department) and be absolutely dominant in the SM-Liiga next year. If he pans out he could definitely be a Brett Hull lite type of player.

Tvrdon on the other hand has good size, speed and hands. If they redid the draft he'd go in the second, maybe the first even; he would of easily been over a PPG last year had he not been injured.

And I agree about Ouellet, very impressed with his development. The wing's prospect pool is deeper than it's been in years; although I'm seriously starting to regret us trading a 1st for Quincey.

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
avsman

Great D, solid Goaltending, decent centres, and pisspoor wingers

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
keslerburrows

Get prepared to be blown away.

Jensen
Tanev
Schroeder
Connauton
Rodin
Lack
Sauve
Meh
Meh
Meh

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Kassian counts too. He's still only 21.

But yeah, we probably have the worst group in the league all things considered.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Kershaw

I'd say the Rangers are in the top 10 and they've proven to pump out good young NHL players the past few years. But they won't get any respect on here until they start getting into All-Star games.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Avalicious18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Make that three.

Their pool is very impressive. From FW to D to G.

Guys like Granlund, Brodin, Phillips, Hackett, Coyle, Zucker, Bulmer.

Lots to like.
They're good, don't get me wrong. But I just don't really see anyone out of Granlund and Coyle doing much of anything in the NHL. I've seen Hackett play a few times, pretty mehh. Who knows, just my speculation. They've had a hell of a lot of improvement, but I guess I'm just tired of everyone always on their nuts constantly.

Avalicious18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Homesick

I got up to 8 in full detail for the Oilers and accidently closed the page ****
Rank (Position) Name - Upcoming Season Potential

1. (D) Oscar Kelfbom - 12/13 SEL Top pairing
2. (D) Martin Marincin - 12/13 AHL Second pairing
3. (C) Anton Lander - 12/13 NHL Checking Centre
4. (D) Martin Gernat - 12/13 WHL Second Pairing
5. (G) Tyler Bunz - 12/13 ECHL Number One
6. (L) Teemu Hartikainen -12/13 NHL/AHL Second Line
7. (D) David Musil - 12/13 WHL Third Pairing
8. (G) Olivier Roy - 12/13 AHL Back Up
9. (C) Tyler Pitlick 12/13 AHL Fourth Line
10. (D) Jeremie Blain 12/13 AHL Second Pairing
11. (R) Tobias Reider 12/13 OHL Second Line
12. (D) Brandon Davidson 12/13 AHL Second Pairing

I still hold out hope for guys like Hamilton, Cornet, Martindale, Plante, and Tuebert.
The Oilers are really weak with forwards in my opinion even though the popular belief is that they need to draft a defenseman desperately.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:08 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossAlanche View Post
They're good, don't get me wrong. But I just don't really see anyone out of Granlund and Coyle doing much of anything in the NHL. I've seen Hackett play a few times, pretty mehh. Who knows, just my speculation. They've had a hell of a lot of improvement, but I guess I'm just tired of everyone always on their nuts constantly.
So you are basing all of these opinions on mostly hunches and the fact that people always talk about them? Maybe they are talked about because they are good players?....

And you've seen Matt Hackett trying to carve out his name in the NHL. It's a challenge for any good young goalie prospect. He carried his team to the AHL finals as a 20 year old and is an elite goalie prospect. His time will come. It's not surprising that he hasn't been lights out so far in the NHL. These things take time.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:46 AM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

Dallas Stars

1. Jack Campbell - G
2. Scott Glennie - C
3. Jamie Oleksiak - D
4. Reilly Smith - RW
5. Alex Chaisson - RW
6. Matej Stransky - RW
7. Patrik Nemeth - D
8. Matt Fraser - LW
9. Austin Smith - RW
10. Brett Ritchie - RW
11. Brenden Dillon - D
12. Alex Guptill - LW
13. John Klingberg - D
14. Jyrki Jokipakka - D
15. Colton Sceviour - C

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

My moderate predictions/opinions

1. Palmieri: I see him as a nice complimentary 30-30 guy to RPG. He reminds me of Perry in the way that the puck just finds him.

2. Schultz: I see him as a solid 2-way top 4 guy. He reeminds me alot of Keith skillset wise.

3. Etem: 60 goals in 60 games. Pretty impressive and when you imput his crazy work ethic then you have yourself a great prospect. I just hope his game can translate to a league where he is not the biggest and fastest.

4. Holland: I see him as a legit #2 center. He reminds me of Carter in his body type and he also has a LEGIT shot.

5. Vatanen: His offensive skill and skating ability are world class. If he was 6'1 210 pounds I would feel alot better about his future then I do now when he is 5'9 175. His shot is just a complete rocket. Reminds me alot of Lubo Visnovsky.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

To think how Chuck Fletcher has turned our prospect pool around in just a couple years warms my heart. Just a couple years ago our "top" prospects were guys like Casey Wellman and Colton Gillies. Actually, I don't want to think about that.

Now if we could just draft a guy like Dumba or Murray it would really help us in improving our d prospects. That's about the only place I think we're really lacking in right now. Can't wait to see how this team progresses over the next five years starting next season.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote