HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The reality of NHL coaches outside King Nation

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
The reality of NHL coaches outside King Nation

I recently ran across the following editorial about how the good teams in the NHL operate compared to the mediocre-to-average ones. It's a couple of weeks old, but still current and very good. It's about the Leafs, but simply replace the names and it could very well be the Kings that the author is talking about.

The Reality of NHL Coaches Outside Leaf Nation

Some highlights:
Quote:
But talented or not, when his Stars failed to produce, he wasnt kept because of past performance.
Quote:
Loyalty doesnt get in the way of success in Philly.
Quote:
However, the coaching carosel stops in Toronto as no matter what, the coach stays.
Quote:
I fail to understand why those 2nd rate players and rookies warrant as much ice time as the team's supposed top player and leader.
Quote:
It is time for a change when the results never improve. Unfortunately [snip] nobody takes the fall when they should. The accountability is not only non-existent on the ice but in the board room as well.
Quote:
In any other business whether in sport or not, when results dont happen the way they are expected to be, those running the ship take the fall. it's that simple. They dont get to hang around 8 years and in fact be guaranteed full employment for the foreseeable future.
...and for anyone who chooses to point to the back-to-back wins just before the break...
Quote:
This actually can be summed up best how the attitude is in Leaf Nation with a quote from Wade Belak

"a couple of wins and we're back on top of the world"

That in itself is pathetic.

Last edited by Osprey: 02-17-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
kingsfan25

I agree 100% about the two pre-break wins. They really mean very little...defense was still piss-poor...and the only change in play came in the third period of the Stars game with an improbable comeback against a team that we have been performing improbably well against all year.

I hope DT doesn't sweep this losing streak under the rug in light of the last two wins.

Old
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I hope DT doesn't sweep this losing streak under the rug in light of the last two wins.
Don't forget - he is "happy" with this team and the coaching staff was in line for contract extensions.

So long as there is no pressure from his bosses, DT will make no changes....

Old
02-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Captain Ron

I agree with alot of what the writer is saying. Being a fan of the Kings it is hard for me to believe that the general consensus (from Kings fans) is that Murray is a successful coach. I think that Kings fans and management are so used to inadequacy that when a coach with mediocre ability arrives that people are just desperate to proclaim him a Divine Being and to not question his authority or ability. I sometimes feel like I am involved in some sort of cult and that AM is David Koresh.

Old
02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I agree with alot of what the writer is saying. Being a fan of the Kings it is hard for me to believe that the general consensus (from Kings fans) is that Murray is a successful coach.

Agree. Most fans are on the "he's gotta go" bandwagon.

I think that Kings fans and management are so used to inadequacy that when a coach with mediocre ability arrives that people are just desperate to proclaim him a Divine Being and to not question his authority or ability. I sometimes feel like I am involved in some sort of cult and that AM is David Koresh.

I agree with the inadequacy statement. Kings fans have put up with inadequacy/mediocrity for so long, it's become a way of life.

Don't you think the Koresh comparison is a tad harsh? "Politically incorrect" at best.

Old
02-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA

P.S. The comparison to Koresh is a tad harsh.

Maybe. But it was my way comparing the similarities between "cult members" and "Murray Apologists". It is always good to give a visual.

Old
02-17-2006, 10:56 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
I agree with alot of what the writer is saying. Being a fan of the Kings it is hard for me to believe that the general consensus (from Kings fans) is that Murray is a successful coach. I think that Kings fans and management are so used to inadequacy that when a coach with mediocre ability arrives that people are just desperate to proclaim him a Divine Being and to not question his authority or ability. I sometimes feel like I am involved in some sort of cult and that AM is David Koresh.
You are such a ****ing cynic. The club is a cult, Murray is the leader...its all pessimistic ********.

I suppose next you're going to criticize the "Free cup of Kool-Aide for the Fans" night on March 2nd.

Sonofa*****...well you're not going to ruin the delicious, delicious Kool-Aide for me, Spongebob...oh no, you won't take the from me.

Old
02-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
You are such a ****ing cynic. The club is a cult, Murray is the leader...its all pessimistic ********.

I suppose next you're going to criticize the "Free cup of Kool-Aide for the Fans" night on March 2nd.

Sonofa*****

What's with the language?????? Were all friends here kingsfan25.......Right?

P.S. Do not go to "Free cup of Kool-Aide night.

Old
02-17-2006, 11:02 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
What's with the language?????? Were all friends here kingsfan25.......Right?

P.S. Do not go to "Free cup of Kool-Aide night.
And you want to vote ME off the island.

Closed Thread