Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild, 6:00PM on SNET-W & The Fan 960

Old
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I can't believe we lost that game, I'm stunned.

Well now false hope for a 7-0 run
They will win their next four against Dallas, LA and Colorado just to get the fans excited, then lose out the season.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Rangediddy

vCash: 567
It looks bad, but we have points in 9 of our last 10. We could probably lose in overtime for the rest of our games and still only miss playoffs by just a few points.

We've lost 4 straight, yet we're still the same # of points out of 8th as when we finished our 5 game win streak!

4 game losing skids don't last forever, we'll start picking it up again and grab a few more 2 pointers here and there. Still time boys!

Rangediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

vCash: 500
Yep, the teams were losing to and how were losing is depressing, but we're still keeping the hope alive by accumulating these loser points.

And for lose wanting to lose out so we pick up the 10th overall pick instead of the 13th-14th overall pick? really?.. just GTFO of here until the draft.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:51 PM
goodsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
It looks bad, but we have points in 9 of our last 10. We could probably lose in overtime for the rest of our games and still only miss playoffs by just a few points.

We've lost 4 straight, yet we're still the same # of points out of 8th as when we finished our 5 game win streak!

4 game losing skids don't last forever, we'll start picking it up again and grab a few more 2 pointers here and there. Still time boys!
This. I hate the fans that react the way the media does, just to sound like they are one of the experts. You are a fan, not a critic. Yes, after the season, discuss what went wrong and what can be done, but during the season, grab some beer (Rickards Dark, or Molson Canadian) relax, and enjoy some NHL hockey.

GFG

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
This. I hate the fans that react the way the media does, just to sound like they are one of the experts. You are a fan, not a critic. Yes, after the season, discuss what went wrong and what can be done, but during the season, grab some beer (Rickards Dark, or Molson Canadian) relax, and enjoy some NHL hockey.

GFG
You make it sound like those beers are supposed to make things better. We'll need some real beer for that to happen

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:41 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:

I think its more the fact that these last 4 games were a chance for the Flames to jump in the standings and they completely blew it. They could have been sitting up higher in the standings, and not put so much pressure when they have to play Vancouver back to back, then Anaheim. But Flames don't like to do things the easy way. But your right their is still time, these next 4 games are huge and basically will tell hold their fate. I'm curious to see what kind of team will show up.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:34 PM
CoRD
@HawnzDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
You make it sound like those beers are supposed to make things better. We'll need some real beer for that to happen
Beer snobs.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:19 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:

GFG
Uh, what's the point of having a forum if the entire season is supposed to be filled with "WOO! GO FLAMES YEAH!"? If we're not opining or analyzing, this site may as well not exist.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:

GFG
The entire point of a forum is to comment, opine and yes, vent. Blind cheering on a forum is inherently pointless other than the fact that it makes fans feel slightly better; almost as if they're contributing something when they're actually not. The reality however is that the team couldn't care less unless you happen to buying tickets and merchandise.

The Flames organization aren't reading these posts. The players aren't reading these posts. Ken King is not reading these posts. Thus, cheering or criticizing does nothing other than alleviate the frustrations of the fans. Seriously, you don't have to worry about hurting their precious feelings with negative comments - they don't care.

Seriously, you could start a 'fire Sutter' thread on HF or on CP and have thousands of people commenting that they agree and yet, it's a virtual guarantee that nothing becomes of it. On the other hand, if enough fans at the Saddledome started the same chant, there's a much better chance the organization starts paying attention. The proper place for cheering is at the rink when that kind of noise can sometimes spur the players on to greater efforts or show them of your disapproval. But expecting everyone on a forum to say nothing but 'the flames are the best yayyy' is so inherently ridiculous.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
goodsauce

Quote:
I enjoy a nice scotch, if that better fits your taste. But seriously. Can't go wrong with molson.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Beer snobs.
Quote:
I enjoy a nice scotch, if that better fits your taste. But seriously. Can't go wrong with molson.
It was more the Rickards dark that I don't like. Dark beers are the only ones I don't enjoy. But then again, I work in a beer store on 16th that has over 200 different beers, so I'm spoiled for choice.

Molson is acceptable when you're out at the pub or bar, easily. Beats the crap outta Coors Lite.

If you like scotch and beer, you have to try a beer simply called XO. It's from France, and it's brewed with 25 year old cognac. My favorite, hands down.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
slappipappi

Quote:

Two problems with that.

(1) We just played a laughingly easy part of our schedule, yet didn't gain ground on anyone.

(1) Even if we are the same number of points out of 8th, the games in had that some teams have makes it a little worse than the actual points. Plus as the number of games to play decreases, the fact that we still remain two points out of 8th (with 2 others teams between us and 8th), means that our playoff chances decrease everytime we don't gain and another game goes by.

Just because we are two points out of 8th doesn't mean that we simply need to win a game to reclaim 8th. Because the teams ahead of us aren't likely to all lose at the same time.

Last edited by slappipappi: 03-23-2012 at 05:42 PM.
slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
It's not over till it's over.

That's the case for most teams, but not the Flames. lol.

As soon as the Wild tied it, you could see the Flames completely lose focus and get into that shell where they play scared, playing not to lose instead of playing to win. It's at a point where if they don't get it done in regulation, I expect a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
If we stick with our vets, Sutter has to go. period. It is clear he will not change the way he runs a team, even if it is a failing venture.

I'm not saying Sutter should or shouldn't be back, and yes the coaching staff should take some of the blame for what's happened, but to point the finger at him for all this is making him the easy scapegoat. The problem is with the "veterans" on this team. Why do they **** the bed against the lower seeded teams? I realize it's the coach's job to prepare his players, but he'll soon need to put on some skates and hold their hands as they play. This is not a rookie filled young up and coming team, this is a veteran team. But you'd never know it. Whether I agree with Sutter being here or not, it will look horrible on this organization if yet another coach loses his job because of this group of players.

Honestly, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have to coach this team.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Molson is acceptable when you're out at the pub or bar, easily. Beats the crap outta Coors Lite.
I disagree. When faced with the choice between a beer that tastes like crap and a beer that tastes like water, I'd rather have the water than the crap.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
I disagree. When faced with the choice between a beer that tastes like crap and a beer that tastes like water, I'd rather have the water than the crap.
Except that the water is lite beer therefore the crap wins as no self respecting man drinks lite beer.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
It's at a point where if they don't get it done in regulation, I expect a loss.
Really, I think this has been on everybody's mind.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Except that the water is lite beer therefore the crap wins as no self respecting man drinks lite beer.
Ah, the ignorance of youth.

Light beer has its purposes.

Golf 36 holes on regular beer, and you actually only golf 32. And remember 17.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:32 AM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

Memo to Flames Bring light beer Stewie says tastes great less mind numbing. As Flames fans we may need something a lot stronger than light beer soon.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

O golfing, I never drink when I golf. But then again I haven't really played since I turned 19 so I haven't had the chance to drink while playing.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote