HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Robert E. Lee vs. Ulysses S. Grant (Blue Jackets vs Southern Team)

Old
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
LadyCane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterHawk View Post
Try living here...
I've never visited the city, so I can't bash it, but the fans, man. Easily the most obnoxious fanbase in the league. You know it's bad when the fanbases of everyone else in the division are setting aside their hatred of each others' teams to agree on how obnoxious the Jets fans are.

Last edited by LadyCane: 03-23-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Subject-verb agreement fail.
LadyCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Identity404
Unknown Pleasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
I honestly thought they were OK tonight. Weird, huh?

Cam sucked. He should have stopped at least three, including the first two. If we're tied going into the third (or even down one), I like our chances. But Cam kinda killed us. Meanwhile, Mason was legitimately excellent. There were five or six times when I thought "goal" in my head and he came up with a stop. It's not like the Canes were wearing out his crest. Their goalie was better than ours. Much better.

Having said all that, Staal wasn't very good and Ward was horrible. We can lose to anyone when that happens. They've been so good lately that I have a hard time getting upset.

Then again, I've known they wouldn't make the playoffs since November, so I'm not as upset as you guys. There was no chance we were winning out, so all the talk of "if we win out, then ... " was really flawed at its core. I'm happy they're playing well, don't get me wrong, but it was never more than a pipedream that they could make the playoffs.
I totally agree with everything said here. Columbus dominated us on the scoreboard, but we did control most of the play outside of the first 10 minutes of the game. We were a little sloppy, and our power play sucked, but I bet you we would have had a much different outcome had ward not let those first two softies in. Ward was terribad and Mason played great, it cost us the game. I never expected us to run the table and make the playoffs so I didn't feel too upset after the loss tonight. It was nice just entertaining the idea of playoffs for a few days though.

Identity404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I just don't know what to say. ****ing pathetic.

Let Cam sit the last 7 games.

I hope we go 0-7-0 out

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

If sports would take the form of a person, I'd beat them with a lead pipe right now

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Chicago Made Punk
Unregistered Loser.

vCash: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
If sports would take the form of a person, I'd beat them with a lead pipe right now
I'm right there with you.

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:16 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I'll admit to being surprised by the effort of the CBJ last night (and good Mason showed up).

Best of luck the rest of the way.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:55 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Thanks god for that loss, at least that put end of our playoff chances .

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:09 AM
caniac247

I didn't think we were going to win it and knew itwould take beyond a miracle to make the playoffs. However, I didnt expect the nail to be officially driven in by getting our ***** kicked by the worst team in the league. If we lost a close one or got killed by a playoff team, I wouldn't be so annoyed.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:20 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Thanks god for that loss, at least that put end of our playoff chances .
Posts like this irritate the **** out of me. "Thank god"? The chances were becoming semi-realistic, and this won't change where they pick in the draft very much. It's like you'd be mad if they did pull off the improbable and make it interesting or even make it.

Some "fans", smh

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:20 AM
caniac315

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
I didn't think we were going to win it and knew itwould take beyond a miracle to make the playoffs. However, I didnt expect the nail to be officially driven in by getting our ***** kicked by the worst team in the league. If we lost a close one or got killed by a playoff team, I wouldn't be so annoyed.

That was my feeling too, being blown out by the worst team in the league was what pissed me off so much. They showed the team walking back to the locker room and I saw Kirk. He looked like he was in some kind of shock.

caniac315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Posts like this irritate the **** out of me. "Thank god"? The chances were becoming semi-realistic, and this won't change where they pick in the draft very much. It's like you'd be mad if they did pull off the improbable and make it interesting or even make it.

Some "fans", smh
Agreed. Now we really have nothing to look forward except hoping for a better year next year.

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac315 View Post
That was my feeling too, being blown out by the worst team in the league was what pissed me off so much. They showed the team walking back to the locker room and I saw Kirk. He looked like he was in some kind of shock.
I love that guy, and more every day. For all of the sarcasm we can heap on this team at times, hiring him was nothing short of a masterstroke.

He's everything I could have possibly asked for in a coach.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Carolinas Identity
Rangers Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCane View Post

It would cause me pain to see the Sabres in. Great pain. But I hate Winnipeg even more. Amazing much haterade I've consumed in less than a year's time.
Good to see I'm not alone in that line of thinking lol. I hate the Sabres, but I WILL cheer for them over Winnipeg.

Let's go Bufflatucky, don't screw this up, and also let's go Caps, maybe they can knock the Sens out as well.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post

Some "fans", smh
The *mathematical* chances never got above 2%, and the real chance that we win all our remaining games never got beyond the point of "ridiculous notion." I don't know how you define "semi-realistic," but having to win out *and* get help with 12 games left doesn't fit the criteria for me.

*You* decided to think the near impossible was "semi-realistic." Don't get mad at us. We were never going to make the playoffs. Even at mid-season we tossed out records like 25-5-5 needed. And now the final nail comes with seven games left. There's nothing realistic about either of those scenarios. Even "semi" realistic.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Good to see I'm not alone in that line of thinking lol. I hate the Sabres, but I WILL cheer for them over Winnipeg.

Let's go Bufflatucky, don't screw this up, and also let's go Caps, maybe they can knock the Sens out as well.
Craig Anderson might be able to help you out with the Sens part.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Carolinas Identity
Rangers Bandwagon

There is no possible way for you to understand the arrogance//ignorance of Canadians, both as people and media, without living here. Decent enough folks but when it comes to hockey they make me physically ill for the most part.

Saying Atlanta didn't deserve a franchise or that teams south of Massachusetts shouldn't even be allowed to have teams because they don't understand or appreciate it like Canadians do?? Gimme a break. I really need to move back to the States haha

Fun side note, when the States played Canada in the round robin of the Olympics, you should've seen all the hell I was getting for wearing a USA jersey (I mean, I expected to get fun poked at or taunted like anyone would, but I was getting sworn at and threatened) lol so anyway, I hooked my laptop up to the sound system at the bar I work at and after the States won, I played the theme from Team America over the speakers. Priceless

Old
03-24-2012, 12:59 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
There is no possible way for you to understand the arrogance//ignorance of Canadians, both as people and media, without living here. Decent enough folks but when it comes to hockey they make me physically ill for the most part.

Saying Atlanta didn't deserve a franchise or that teams south of Massachusetts shouldn't even be allowed to have teams because they don't understand or appreciate it like Canadians do?? Gimme a break. I really need to move back to the States haha

Fun side note, when the States played Canada in the round robin of the Olympics, you should've seen all the hell I was getting for wearing a USA jersey (I mean, I expected to get fun poked at or taunted like anyone would, but I was getting sworn at and threatened) lol so anyway, I hooked my laptop up to the sound system at the bar I work at and after the States won, I played the theme from Team America over the speakers. Priceless

Who among us hasn't been at a hotel or airport bar and had a conversation that goes like this:

Random Drunk Canadian: Where you from then, eh?

Me: Raleigh, NC

RDC: {snicker} Like watching hockey and palm trees then, eh?

Me: /changes subject to Toronto's Stanley Cup drought.

I think the part that offends me the most is that they assume Raleigh is full of palm trees.

Old
03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Carolinas Identity
Rangers Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post

Who among us hasn't been at a hotel or airport bar and had a conversation that goes like this:

Random Drunk Canadian: Where you from then, eh?

Me: Raleigh, NC

RDC: {snicker} Like watching hockey and palm trees then, eh?

Me: /changes subject to Toronto's Stanley Cup drought.

I think the part that offends me the most is that they assume Raleigh is full of palm trees.
My buddy is convinced that there is a conspiracy going on. 3 season's in a row a Canadian team lost to a team from the South. TBL > CGY, CAR > EDM & ANA > OTT. He's also the kind of guy who gets pissy if you call it a jersey and not a sweater, or if you refer to a dressing room as a locker room. So I intentionally bug him by calling intermissions half times and such not.

My favorite is bringing people up short when they realise I know just as much, if not more about hockey than they do. Also I love wearing my Adam Deadmarsh USA jersey. I hope that's still a sore spot for most Canadians lol

I just find it endlessly amusing that most Canadians have this weird opinion (no idea where it came from) that American's are ignorant to matters outside their country and generally uneducated. Yet Canadians are just as bad if not worse. Case in point, your palm tree story.

Some guy in my bar the other day asked me where I went to University and I said "East Carolina" his response? "Is there 51 States now? Did North or South Carolina split?"

Old
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
caniac315

vCash: 625
Quote:
I love that guy, and more every day. For all of the sarcasm we can heap on this team at times, hiring him was nothing short of a masterstroke.

He's everything I could have possibly asked for in a coach.
I so agree with you. I think hiring Kirk is the best thing this franchise has done in a long time.

caniac315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I didn't watch this game. Watching disappointing losses happen tends to get old after a while so I instead went out to a movie. So I'm still happy with the team, if only because of a "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen" mindset.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:40 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
My buddy is convinced that there is a conspiracy going on. 3 season's in a row a Canadian team lost to a team from the South. TBL > CGY, CAR > EDM & ANA > OTT. He's also the kind of guy who gets pissy if you call it a jersey and not a sweater, or if you refer to a dressing room as a locker room. So I intentionally bug him by calling intermissions half times and such not.

My favorite is bringing people up short when they realise I know just as much, if not more about hockey than they do. Also I love wearing my Adam Deadmarsh USA jersey. I hope that's still a sore spot for most Canadians lol

I just find it endlessly amusing that most Canadians have this weird opinion (no idea where it came from) that American's are ignorant to matters outside their country and generally uneducated. Yet Canadians are just as bad if not worse. Case in point, your palm tree story.

Some guy in my bar the other day asked me where I went to University and I said "East Carolina" his response? "Is there 51 States now? Did North or South Carolina split?"
And when I was in Florida last week, it seemed like a majority of license plates were from Ontario. America is such a terrible place.

Nice going on the Adam Deadmarsh sweater, btw. I was a huge Deadmarsh fan, as well as Chris Drury.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Carolinas Identity
Rangers Bandwagon

Quote:
And when I was in Florida last week, it seemed like a majority of license plates were from Ontario. America is such a terrible place.

Nice going on the Adam Deadmarsh sweater, btw. I was a huge Deadmarsh fan, as well as Chris Drury.
It's my 2nd favorite jersey, ever so slightly behind my Blackhawks jersey that says "Vancouver Sucks" on the back.