HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

YOUR COUNTRY'S 2012/2013 World Junior Team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  #1
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser
 
Sartorial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
YOUR COUNTRY'S 2012/2013 World Junior Team

How's it shaping up? What do you like; what do you dislike? Who'll be on it? Who should we watch for?
Discuss!

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
  #2
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,071
vCash: 500
Uh this is going to be completely off but I'll do it anyway. Like I said though, probably going to be way off. Had a tough time thinking of spots.

Team Canada WJHC 2013

Hunter Shinkaruk - Mark Schiefele - Ty Rattie
Matt Puempel - Ryan Strome - Nathan Mackinnon
Charles Hudon - Brandon Gaunce - Brett Ritchie
Phillip Danault - Mark McNeil - Boone Jenner
Kerby Rychel

Ryan Murphy - Matt Dumba
Griffin Reinhart - Morgan Reilly
Scott Harrington - Derrick Pouliot
Aaron Ekblad

Malcom Subban
Brandon Whitney

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:44 PM
  #3
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
SWE
Rickard Rakell - William Karlsson - Mika Zibanejad
Filip Forsberg - Sebastian Collberg - Pontus Åberg
Nick Sörensen - Victor Rask - Emil Lundberg
Jeremy-Boyce - Joachim Nermark - Michael Schumacher
Elias Lindholm

Oscar Klefbom - Jonas Brodin
Rasmus Bengtsson - Hampus Lindholm
Tom Nilsson - Mikael Vikstrand
Ludvig Byström

Niklas Lundström
Oscar Dansk

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:46 PM
  #4
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%
 
Happy Hallidays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Uh this is going to be completely off but I'll do it anyway. Like I said though, probably going to be way off. Had a tough time thinking of spots.

Team Canada WJHC 2013

Hunter Shinkaruk - Mark Schiefele - Ty Rattie
Matt Puempel - Ryan Strome - Nathan Mackinnon
Charles Hudon - Brandon Gaunce - Brett Ritchie
Phillip Danault - Mark McNeil - Boone Jenner
Kerby Rychel

Ryan Murphy - Matt Dumba
Griffin Reinhart - Morgan Reilly
Scott Harrington - Derrick Pouliot
Aaron Ekblad

Malcom Subban
Brandon Whitney
I can see a guy like Ryan Pulock making it on defense.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  #5
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unlocated
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 18,499
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Monahan.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  #6
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
SWE
Rickard Rakell - William Karlsson - Mika Zibanejad
Filip Forsberg - Sebastian Collberg - Pontus Åberg
Nick Sörensen - Victor Rask - Emil Lundberg
Jeremy-Boyce - Joachim Nermark - Michael Schumacher
Elias Lindholm

Oscar Klefbom - Jonas Brodin
Rasmus Bengtsson - Hampus Lindholm
Tom Nilsson - Mikael Vikstrand
Ludvig Byström

Niklas Lundström
Oscar Dansk
Yeah... about that... we might not let him leave.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
  #7
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
USA

J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Tyler Biggs
Brandon Saad - Nick Bjugstad - Stefan Noesen
Jason Zucker - Stefan Matteau - Rocco Grimaldi
Connor Brickley - Brock Nelson - Austin Watson

Jon Merrill - Jacob Trouba
Brady Skjei - Adam Clendening
Derek Forbort - Jordan Schmaltz
Stephen Johns

Jack Campbell
John Gibson
Jon Gillies

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
  #8
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Yeah... about that... we might not let him leave.
I don't think he is ready to make an impact on NHL level seeing as his offense while playing in Sweden has yet to pick up. He'll probably get loaned again or spend next year in the As or the CHL.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:02 PM
  #9
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Uh this is going to be completely off but I'll do it anyway. Like I said though, probably going to be way off. Had a tough time thinking of spots.

Team Canada WJHC 2013

Hunter Shinkaruk - Mark Schiefele - Ty Rattie
Matt Puempel - Ryan Strome - Nathan Mackinnon
Charles Hudon - Brandon Gaunce - Brett Ritchie
Phillip Danault - Mark McNeil - Boone Jenner
Kerby Rychel

Ryan Murphy - Matt Dumba
Griffin Reinhart - Morgan Reilly
Scott Harrington - Derrick Pouliot
Aaron Ekblad

Malcom Subban
Brandon Whitney
Murphy,Rielly and Pouliot? I'd say too many offensive d-men.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
  #10
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
USA

J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Tyler Biggs
Brandon Saad - Nick Bjugstad - Stefan Noesen
Jason Zucker - Stefan Matteau - Rocco Grimaldi
Connor Brickley - Brock Nelson - Austin Watson

Jon Merrill - Jacob Trouba
Brady Skjei - Adam Clendening
Derek Forbort - Jordan Schmaltz
Stephen Johns

Jack Campbell
John Gibson
Jon Gillies
Seems like a lot of these guys are ineligible.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:05 PM
  #11
ReppingMTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
I don't think he is ready to make an impact on NHL level seeing as his offense while playing in Sweden has yet to pick up. He'll probably get loaned again or spend next year in the As or the CHL.
He was awesome in the last one. Pretty confident, he makes the big leagues next year.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
  #12
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Seems like a lot of these guys are ineligible.
I don't know much about the WJC or American prospects not in the top 30.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:11 PM
  #13
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I don't know much about the WJC or American prospects not in the top 30.
anyone born in 1992 or 1991 is ineligible.

has to be a 93 born and above to make the WJC...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:13 PM
  #14
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
I don't think he is ready to make an impact on NHL level seeing as his offense while playing in Sweden has yet to pick up. He'll probably get loaned again or spend next year in the As or the CHL.
He'd probably walk onto our team as at least our 3rd best defenseman. We need puck movers, bad.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
  #15
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Murphy,Rielly and Pouliot? I'd say too many offensive d-men.
There was two last year (Hamilton and Beaulieu) in a very defense oriented year. And given this years failure, it'll likely be a transition to more offensive, especially considering it's going to have to be a very young team next year.

Not many posts in yet but what do other people think on Ekblad making the team? I campaigned pretty hard during this years WJC to not have MacKinnon even in camp but Ekblad is different. Huge, very strong defensively, and will be up there with Murphy and Ceci as the best defensemen in the OHL next season. Has there ever been a 16 year old defensemen make the team?

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM
  #16
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
USA

J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Tyler Biggs
Brandon Saad - Stefan Matteau - Stefan Noesen
John Gaudreau

Brady Skjei - Jacob Trouba

John Gibson
Jon Gillies

All I got.


Last edited by Seto: 03-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
  #17
old time hockey4
Registered User
 
old time hockey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
USA

J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Tyler Biggs
Brandon Saad - Stefan Matteau - Stefan Noesen

Brady Skjei - Jacob Trouba

John Gibson
Jon Gillies

All I got.
Have to assume Johnny Gaudreau makes it as well. Was the last cut this year, and has just been better since January.

old time hockey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:05 PM
  #18
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,328
vCash: 2498
USA

John Gaudreau - Rocco Grimaldi - Tyler Biggs
J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Vincent Trocheck
Mario Lucia - Stefan Matteau - Stefan Noesen
Seth Ambroz - Quentin Shore - Niklas Kerdiles

Seth Jones - Jacob Trouba
Brady Skjei - Connor Murphy
Keegan Lowe - Jordan Schmaltz
Nick Ebbert, Jake McCabe

John Gibson
Matt Mahalak

total guess work on my part. there will probably be another (or more) 2013 eligible in there with Jones. Hell, Jones prettymuch would have been a top 4 dman this year if he were healthy.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:39 PM
  #19
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
SWE
Rickard Rakell - William Karlsson - Mika Zibanejad
Filip Forsberg - Sebastian Collberg - Pontus Åberg
Nick Sörensen - Victor Rask - Emil Lundberg
Jeremy-Boyce - Joachim Nermark - Michael Schumacher
Elias Lindholm

Oscar Klefbom - Jonas Brodin
Rasmus Bengtsson - Hampus Lindholm
Tom Nilsson - Mikael Vikstrand
Ludvig Byström

Niklas Lundström
Oscar Dansk
Good team, however we got to have a center on that second line, my guess is Elias Lindholm/Rask takes that spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 95-born like Burakovsky or de la Rose be brought in if they start the season well. The big Max Görtz and the shifty Emil Molin have a chance if they take a regular spot on their SEL-teams. All in all forwards looks good, when it comes to defense we got to hope for some more breaktroughs next season.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:45 PM
  #20
-DeMo-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
There was two last year (Hamilton and Beaulieu) in a very defense oriented year. And given this years failure, it'll likely be a transition to more offensive, especially considering it's going to have to be a very young team next year.

Not many posts in yet but what do other people think on Ekblad making the team? I campaigned pretty hard during this years WJC to not have MacKinnon even in camp but Ekblad is different. Huge, very strong defensively, and will be up there with Murphy and Ceci as the best defensemen in the OHL next season. Has there ever been a 16 year old defensemen make the team?
Bouwmeester

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
  #21
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,771
vCash: 500
Forsberg - Karlsson - Aberg
Collberg - Lindholm - Lundberg
Schumacher - Rask - Sorensen (might aswell put 'em together)
Boyce - Nermark - Gortz
Burakowsky

Klefbom - Lindholm
Bengtsson - Nilsson
Bystrom - Vikstand
Blomqvist

Dansk
Lundstrom


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Good team, however we got to have a center on that second line, my guess is Elias Lindholm/Rask takes that spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 95-born like Burakovsky or de la Rose be brought in if they start the season well. The big Max Görtz and the shifty Emil Molin have a chance if they take a regular spot on their SEL-teams. All in all forwards looks good, when it comes to defense we got to hope for some more breaktroughs next season.
Like always there are certainly some spots up for grabs, maybe especially on D. I think most would agree that 8-9 forwards are no-brainers right now, the returnees and Lundberg should be there.

Zibanejad and Brodin are probably gone but you never know if they will be made available. I like the idea of older guys, Boyce, Nermark and Gortz on the 4th line. We just don't have the luxury of six top end talents every age group, so we gotta roll with the promising -94 guys. Burakowsky is kinda the black ace, we'll see how good he is next season.


Last edited by joe89: 03-24-2012 at 08:31 PM.
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:40 PM
  #22
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,174
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
USA

John Gaudreau - Rocco Grimaldi - Tyler Biggs
J.T. Miller - Alex Galchenyuk - Vincent Trocheck
Mario Lucia - Stefan Matteau - Stefan Noesen
Seth Ambroz - Quentin Shore - Niklas Kerdiles

Seth Jones - Jacob Trouba
Brady Skjei - Connor Murphy
Keegan Lowe - Jordan Schmaltz
Nick Ebbert, Jake McCabe

John Gibson
Matt Mahalak

total guess work on my part. there will probably be another (or more) 2013 eligible in there with Jones. Hell, Jones prettymuch would have been a top 4 dman this year if he were healthy.
Isn't Lowe Canadian?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
  #23
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,328
vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Isn't Lowe Canadian?
Dual citizen. Not sure if he's declared yet or not. I think he'll go with whoever he gets an invite from, and with the depth of Canada's defense heading into next year and the shallow (at least compared to the last 2-3 years) pool for the US I think it's far more likely that he'll get the US invite.


Last edited by DaveG: 03-24-2012 at 08:49 PM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:50 PM
  #24
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Uh this is going to be completely off but I'll do it anyway. Like I said though, probably going to be way off. Had a tough time thinking of spots.

Team Canada WJHC 2013

Hunter Shinkaruk - Mark Schiefele - Ty Rattie
Matt Puempel - Ryan Strome - Nathan Mackinnon
Charles Hudon - Brandon Gaunce - Brett Ritchie
Phillip Danault - Mark McNeil - Boone Jenner
Kerby Rychel

Ryan Murphy - Matt Dumba
Griffin Reinhart - Morgan Reilly
Scott Harrington - Derrick Pouliot
Aaron Ekblad

Malcom Subban
Brandon Whitney
Monahan makes it over Gaunce every time.

I've seen both players play since Midget, and it's really not that close.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:03 PM
  #25
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Dual citizen. Not sure if he's declared yet or not. I think he'll go with whoever he gets an invite from, and with the depth of Canada's defense heading into next year and the shallow (at least compared to the last 2-3 years) pool for the US I think it's far more likely that he'll get the US invite.
Yeah, he played for Team USA at the Ivan Hlinka but I still think he'd go with the first invite he received, which I agree would more likely be from Team USA. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the running (he'll be evaluated) for Team USA but not sure at this point if he's in place for the team. Seth Jones, Jacob Trouba, and Connor Murphy will be 3 of the best d-men in the whole tournament. Our defense will go from a weakness to a strength next year. I think guys like Brady Skjei, Jake McCabe, Pat Sieloff, Cody Corbett, etc. all are or should be ahead of Lowe at this point. Still lots of time left obviously though and I'd suspect there's a good chance Lowe gets an invite to this summer's camp.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.