HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

*The John Mitchell Support Thread!*

Old
03-24-2012, 11:13 AM
NickyFotiu

vCash: 500
I think the guy has played better offensively than a few Rangers players. I think the bashing is over done. He tried to stop a puck with his skate and it went in the net. My guess is that most people that have played this game for years have put a puck in their own net off an inadvertent deflection at some point. I did once off my stick.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I just want to add here, that yes, Mitchell might not have given the Sabres all of their goals, but kicking that first one in killed us. Our momentum after that plummeted and after he turns it over in the third and that leads to the Sabres scoring the 3-1 goal instead of us potentially scoring the goal that ties it up, kills our momentum. He might not have "lost us the game" but he murdered our momentum.

After the Rangers came out flying i said they needed to net one before the Sabres got one and killed the mojo. Well, thanks to Mitchy the mojo was killed. Accident happen but there was no reason he should have been kicking that puck. The way his skate was positioned, it made no sense. If he gets the **** out of the way, the puck slides through him and out in front where he could move it forward, instead, he kicks is right at Hank. Don't know what he was thinking, but we don't need momentum rapists in the playoffs. We're going to have a tough enough time as it is.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

John Mitchell is nothing more than a roster filler. He really adds very little to the team, and we'll be better off when they can upgrade over him. Hes sort of just....there.

I feel the same way about Fedotenko to a degree, but at least hes got 2 rings.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
mahonistan*

Mitchell has the potential to be a pretty good player for the Connecticut Whale.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I just want to add here, that yes, Mitchell might not have given the Sabres all of their goals, but kicking that first one in killed us. Our momentum after that plummeted and after he turns it over in the third and that leads to the Sabres scoring the 3-1 goal instead of us potentially scoring the goal that ties it up, kills our momentum. He might not have "lost us the game" but he murdered our momentum.

After the Rangers came out flying i said they needed to net one before the Sabres got one and killed the mojo. Well, thanks to Mitchy the mojo was killed. Accident happen but there was no reason he should have been kicking that puck. The way his skate was positioned, it made no sense. If he gets the **** out of the way, the puck slides through him and out in front where he could move it forward, instead, he kicks is right at Hank. Don't know what he was thinking, but we don't need momentum rapists in the playoffs. We're going to have a tough enough time as it is.

Gold Jerry. Gold!
Mitchell = Momentum Rapist

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:36 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post

We've already gone that route with Ryan Hollweg with his boarding penalty vs. Pittsburgh...
I definitely agree...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:49 PM
eco's bones

Agree that accidentally kicking shots is a thing that is going to happen now and again. Mitchell has been a pretty good 4th liner for us but he had a bad game. Maybe not much he could have done about the first but that second Sabres goal was all on him and it was a dumb ass play. He deserved to be benched afterwards.

Having said that the Rangers as a team were sloppy the whole night. Made numerous dumb ass plays just not quite as egregious as on that 2nd Buffalo goal. The team played like ****.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

AHLers don't belong on first place teams.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Rangers got caught in a tough spot at the deadline. They went all in for Nash and didn't have a back up plan for depth. Either that or they thought the prices were too high which I can't blame them for. The depth they did have was sent to the AHL and now home, sent to Minnesota, and sent to Florida. As great as it was to get a 3rd back for Wolski, I really wish Torts would have given him a shot because he would have been a solid scoring option had he got going. And he would have been a lot better than the guys we currently have on the bottom two lines.

Fact is the Rangers have very little scoring options in the bottom 6 which will hurt during the playoffs when there's tighter defense and our top options are more limited. This is why it is absolutely crucial to get the PP going because they need to cash in on the mistakes the opposition does commit.

03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Some of these posters weren't her last season with Gabby, so they don't know yet.

The board needs a whipping boy. Not even someone to argue about, but someone to just post his last name and then a facepalm. It doesn't matter who, but they'll pick someone. If it wasn't Mitch, it'd be Bickel, or Feds.

These boards are terrified of seeming complacent.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEchox View Post
So a guy has one bad night and you'll start calling for his head
He's played well for us all season for someone coming up from the minors.
remember when Woywitka cost the team a game, lol.........well he's similar in that he did pretty well subbing in with injuries but when healthy we dont want to see him in the lineup

honestly lets pray Kreider losses today and comes to give the Rangers more depth. The Zuccarello injury screws the depth

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
it just goes to show the lack of solid prospects in the AHL ..and they pick Mitchell over a player like Bourque or Wellaman you have issues in the minors...heck id rather give Andrew Yogan a shot over Mitchell at this point...
This isn't an 8th seed team, it's a team poised for a cup run. I don't want someone as unseasoned as those guys just because Mitchell had a bad game.

It still blows my mind that people are namedropping Avery. No other NHL team wanted Avery. They all said no at least 3 times this season. Mitchell and Fedotenko would no doubt be claimed very quickly if they hit waivers.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:28 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Some of these posters weren't her last season with Gabby, so they don't know yet.

The board needs a whipping boy. Not even someone to argue about, but someone to just post his last name and then a facepalm. It doesn't matter who, but they'll pick someone. If it wasn't Mitch, it'd be Bickel, or Feds.

These boards are terrified of seeming complacent.
In Mitchell's dreams he has dreams about dreaming to be as good as Gabby. There's a difference between Gabby being whipping boy when he was hurt last year but still a useful player and Mitchell.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
This isn't an 8th seed team, it's a team poised for a cup run. I don't want someone as unseasoned as those guys just because Mitchell had a bad game.

It still blows my mind that people are namedropping Avery. No other NHL team wanted Avery. They all said no at least 3 times this season. Mitchell and Fedotenko would no doubt be claimed very quickly if they hit waivers.
I'm not apart of the Avery booster club.

But Avery would have been a significant upgrade over Mitchell. Doesn't really matter though.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
AHLers don't belong on first place teams.
Actually there are plenty of them. Everywhere. Through NHL history. Even our cup team had guys who weren't any better than Mitchell.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:28 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Oh God.

Mitchell's supporters (if any at this point?) can support him when he's riding the pine after Kreider signs his ELC. I used to like Mitchell, but he's really "meh" now. He was scoring a bit when he first came up. Now he's not making an impact, and last night he was an immense liability. When you're "meh" and we're losing games because of you, it doesn't take long before you're out of the lineup. All I want out of a 4C is a high faceoff percentage. For next season I hope Boyle finds his 10'-11' scoring touch, and if that looks unlikely he should be playing the 4th line center position and we should look to acquire a 3C.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

He had a bad night. Better now than in the playoffs. He's a young guy, he will get it together.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Isn't he a RFA after this season?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:28 PM
MrAlfie

Mitchell and Bickel have no business in the NHL, they need to stay off this team. It's not just one game against Buffalo.
They are bad, bad hockey players.
Igor Ulanov bad.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:33 PM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Mitchell and Bickel have no business in the NHL, they need to stay off this team. It's not just one game against Buffalo.
They are bad, bad hockey players.
Igor Ulanov bad.
I don't think you remember how truly awful Ulanov was if you think Bickel is even in the same stratosphere.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
You are comparing Del zotto to Mitchell? Good Grief.

GO RANGERS!
It's called sarcasm...everytime somebody has a bad game here it's time to get rid of him...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
What? , Mitchell single handedly lost us the game
Talking about how everyone overreacts here, obviously MDZ is better than Mitch...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuffer View Post
I don't think you remember how truly awful Ulanov was if you think Bickel is even in the same stratosphere.
Toronto 1
New York 0

I rest my case

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:12 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Toronto 1
New York 0

I rest my case
What is your case that bickel is as bad as Igor?
Entire season's worth of plays.

Mountain of evidence beats your one instance

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Vitto79

so Mitchell benched? Who is the call up? Wellman vs his old team?......Kreider if his team loses?

Read: The Rangers Achillies Heel In The Playoffs
posted on March 25th, 2012 at 11:32 am

At Newsday, Steve Zipay writes about the Rangers lack of a power play and secondary scoring and how it could doom the team in the playoffs.

The Rangers rank 11th in the league in goals per game but rank fifth in the league in 5 on 5 Goals For/Against Ratio.

The leading scorer in Hartford is Jonathan Audy-Marchessault but he is only signed to an AHL contract.

The Rangers are expected to call up someone from Hartford before they head to Minnesota tomorrow.

Casey Wellman, acquired from Minnesota for Erik Christensen, could be called up.

2009 first round pick Chris Kreider and Boston College play tonight and if they lose and are eliminated from the NCAA tournament, it is expected that Kreider will sign with the Rangers and could join the lineup immediately.

Mats Zuccarello, who was called up, broke his wrist on Friday.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote