HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ball Hockey Gloves

Old
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
itscameron

vCash: 500
Ball Hockey Gloves

I'm staring my ball hockey season in 2 weeks and am considering buying new gloves for it. I have my ice hockey gloves, but I'm looking for something less chunky and unnecessarily large. I want a light, flexible pair that are suitable for ball hockey, which requires minimal protection of your hands.

A while ago, I bought these Eagle ball hockey gloves at Canadian Tire, but they are pretty shoddy and don't feel comfortable at all. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Does anyone have any suggestions for other ball hockey gloves? Or, should I just stick with my ice hockey gloves?

Thanks

itscameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
AIREAYE

For ball, my philosophy is always to minimize bulk (protection) and maximize breathability and mobility. Try on a few pairs and see what you like. I personally use the old Easton Stealth S5s, which fit none of the above categories except mobility, but it was there!

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Doland
The King is Alive

vCash: 566
I stick with my ice hockey gloves. Don't see the point in getting a separate pair as I find my gloves good enough.

Doland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
ArrogantOwl

Lacrosse Gloves will suit you far better for this purpose.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

You can use lacrosse gloves, they have a slimmer profile.

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
itscameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
For ball, my philosophy is always to minimize bulk (protection) and maximize breathability and mobility. Try on a few pairs and see what you like. I personally use the old Easton Stealth S5s, which fit none of the above categories except mobility, but it was there!
Yeah, something like that would be ideal, too. It feels like so many ice hockey gloves are really bulky these days, but I'll definitely keep on looking. Thanks for the feedback.

Wow, I never thought of lax gloves! That's a great idea. Does anyone here have experience with using lax gloves for ball hockey?

itscameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:28 AM
bigbadbruins1

I just use whatever is comfortable for me, ice or ball gloves. I bought a pair of Easton S13 gloves 14 inch and they are perfect, and they are at a good price point as well.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
ArrogantOwl

Personally, I've had the RBK 3k Lax gloves for a couple of years and they work fine, easy on the wallet too.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Trevor3

http://www.d-gel.com/english/gants.htm - The Zebra gloves on the top. I bought them for broomball, found they were awesome for ball hockey as well. Lighter and less bulky than ice hockey gloves.

You can get them at most sports stores (chains anyway).

Trevor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:35 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
You can use lacrosse gloves, they have a slimmer profile.
+1 for these. They're not only smaller, but the cuffs are usually more open so you get more wrist flexibility.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscameron View Post
I'm staring my ball hockey season in 2 weeks and am considering buying new gloves for it. I have my ice hockey gloves, but I'm looking for something less chunky and unnecessarily large. I want a light, flexible pair that are suitable for ball hockey, which requires minimal protection of your hands.

A while ago, I bought these Eagle ball hockey gloves at Canadian Tire, but they are pretty shoddy and don't feel comfortable at all. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Does anyone have any suggestions for other ball hockey gloves? Or, should I just stick with my ice hockey gloves?

Thanks
Unless you're playing with a bunch of hack wizards, go sans gloves. 25 years of road hockey without mitts and i've never been seriously wounded. I like the added grip on the stick that the bare hand gives you compared to gloves. I always thought dudes wearing hockey gloves were sorta ***** anyway, but that's the street game compared to some sort of organized thing.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Unless you're playing with a bunch of hack wizards, go sans gloves. 25 years of road hockey without mitts and i've never been seriously wounded. I like the added grip on the stick that the bare hand gives you compared to gloves. I always thought dudes wearing hockey gloves were sorta ***** anyway, but that's the street game compared to some sort of organized thing.
Yeah, he's probably playing in a league so gloves are mandatory.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote