HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tkachuk = suspension?

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 10:01 PM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I have no idea what you're talking about. There was no third player that helped his stick. Period. Ricci came in a second after Tkachuk had already "hit" Davison. Nobody raised Tkachuk's stick for him outside of Davison's own hands. This isn't a conspiracy theory. It was all on Tkachuk and I, for one, will not call Tkachuk a leader as long as he does that sort of garbage. Either fight or learn some discipline; I really don't care which.
What i meant by third player was other than KT and Davison. So if it was ricci who was ther than that is who i was talking aobut. And tkachuk had not hit davison when ricci reached in.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:05 PM
c-carp

Quote:
It was Lance Ward of Anaheim; the same game where I said the Blues were lucky that Tkachuk didn't get tossed out of that game for his spear on Ward later on.

And I agree with you; Ward's crosscheck was just as ugly as Tkachuk's (uglier actually). Deliberately from behind to the neck/head area after the whistle. That and the stuff with Davison is supposedly why the Blues employ Reed Low. Makes one wonder whether he's ever going to take up that role any more.
After watching davison fight Mayers, he would be nuts to fight Low. If Low Jumped him like he did Boughner he probably would have gotten suspended too at least tossed and if the Sharks would have won the game because of the PP people would have been all over him like a cheap suit. the rules today prevent Low and other enforcers from dispensing frontier justice or whatever you want to call it. The NHL need to modify or better yet get rid of the Instigator rule.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
What i meant by third player was other than KT and Davison. So if it was ricci who was ther than that is who i was talking aobut. And tkachuk had not hit davison when ricci reached in.
You need either a better angle or to watch it again. Absolutely no third party helped Tkachuk's stick get higher before making any contact with Davison. I can't state it any plainer or more matter of factly than that. I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's a clear fact that nobody helped Tkachuk's stick angle, at least in terms of a third party.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
After watching davison fight Mayers, he would be nuts to fight Low. If Low Jumped him like he did Boughner he probably would have gotten suspended too at least tossed and if the Sharks would have won the game because of the PP people would have been all over him like a cheap suit. the rules today prevent Low and other enforcers from dispensing frontier justice or whatever you want to call it. The NHL need to modify or better yet get rid of the Instigator rule.
Personally, I wouldn't complain whatsoever. Solving the problem is more important than a powerplay in the regular season. And let's not forget how many times the Blues have already been on the PK all year. When standing up for one's teammates, you just have to say screw it and take whatever comes with it (just like Mayers did). And if people can't understand what his role is, that's their problem. I'll defend Low every time if he's standing up for a teammate. I didn't see anyone rag Mayers for doing what he had to do either.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
I've talked with a couple of Sharks fans who were at the game, and though I'm not a Sharks fan, I believe I speak for them, as well, when I say that we all respect what Mayers did after a great hit by Davison. Mayers stood up for a teammate, and did exactly what he should have done. It's a shame that he got the instigator, but that's how the rulebook is written, for good or bad.

Tkachuk, on the other hand, could have dropped his gloves and pounded Davison, for all I care. The fact that he used his stick instead of his fists is why he got suspended. He's a coward, and one that hides behind his stick. The elements around the incident are trivial. Fact of the matter is that Tkachuk used a piece of equipment, instead of using his body in a man-to-man confrontation (as did Mayers earlier in the game) to do the damage. That kind of thing can not be condoned by anybody.

Flame me all you want to. I felt it was neccessary to put my two cents in here, and I won't be back.

Have a great day!

~Crazed.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:26 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
I've talked with a couple of Sharks fans who were at the game, and though I'm not a Sharks fan, I believe I speak for them, as well, when I say that we all respect what Mayers did after a great hit by Davison. Mayers stood up for a teammate, and did exactly what he should have done. It's a shame that he got the instigator, but that's how the rulebook is written, for good or bad.

Tkachuk, on the other hand, could have dropped his gloves and pounded Davison, for all I care. The fact that he used his stick instead of his fists is why he got suspended. He's a coward, and one that hides behind his stick. The elements around the incident are trivial. Fact of the matter is that Tkachuk used a piece of equipment, instead of using his body in a man-to-man confrontation (as did Mayers earlier in the game) to do the damage. That kind of thing can not be condoned by anybody.

Flame me all you want to. I felt it was neccessary to put my two cents in here, and I won't be back.

Have a great day!

~Crazed.
I cant flame you for that because you are right Tkachuk has to learn to drop the gloves when he gets pissed. My whole problem was the people calling for 10 games. Allen Breaks a guys leg and gets 2, no way Tkachuk gets 10.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:28 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't complain whatsoever. Solving the problem is more important than a powerplay in the regular season. And let's not forget how many times the Blues have already been on the PK all year. When standing up for one's teammates, you just have to say screw it and take whatever comes with it (just like Mayers did). And if people can't understand what his role is, that's their problem. I'll defend Low every time if he's standing up for a teammate. I didn't see anyone rag Mayers for doing what he had to do either.
I personally think that Q would nail Low's ass to the pine in the pressbox if he did that too much. I dont think Q has efver used the toughness he has had properly?

Old
11-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Zeta16

I live in Columbus and watch the jackets games a couple of Jackets players have gotten broken bones and such from two handed slashes and there have been no games given to the player and I have seen a lot of high cross checks to boot, with still nothing happining. I just wish the league would be consistant in handing out punishment.

Maybe it is something aganist American players?

Old
11-15-2003, 05:30 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
No offense, but I would rather see Reed jump in and pummel someone and get 3 games than KT use his stick and get 3 games.

Old
11-17-2003, 05:43 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
No offense, but I would rather see Reed jump in and pummel someone and get 3 games than KT use his stick and get 3 games.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't we on the PP at the time.

It isn't a matter of low kicking someones +++, it has to deal w/ he being on the ice or getting ice time against Davidson. (Lets face it, he gets like 5 minutes per game, not enough to go after someone).

Walt should have just dropped the gloves himself and taken the 5 minutes.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't we on the PP at the time.

It isn't a matter of low kicking someones +++, it has to deal w/ he being on the ice or getting ice time against Davidson. (Lets face it, he gets like 5 minutes per game, not enough to go after someone).

Walt should have just dropped the gloves himself and taken the 5 minutes.
True...I don't know if they were on the PP or not...it was just an "in general" comment.

Old
11-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Irish Blues

Yes, the Blues were on the PP - Brad Stuart had drawn 2 minutes for (ironically enough) high-sticking Tkachuk at 9:07, Tkachuk went ballistic on Davison at 10:03 thus negating the final 56 seconds of the power play.