HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75 Rangers @ Leafs

Old
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
To me, Bickel's pinch was perfectly fine in that situation. Dubinsky didn't cover for him and that led to the 2-on-1. Tortorella saw it the same way, which is why Dubinsky got kicked off the 2nd line from that point on.
Come on, that was a horrible pinch. Two guys behind the net and Dubinsky was cutting down.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i thought the rangers really outplayed toronto but toronto capitalized on every opportunity they got. i wish the rangers had a bit more scoring but i'm happy...love the team and their future.
We didn't outplay them, they were our equals tonight. We had a hard time establishing a forecheck. We were really slow in pursuing the puck. Their goalie, I thought, was rather poor.

That game could have gone either way.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chimp

I will never again complain that this team is playing grinding hockey behind the opposing net for 60 minutes, if they just get back to doing it. They're not the Pittsburgh Penguins, so can they please try to stop playing some retarded run & gun suicide style that we aren't built for?

Start playing some ******* defense, you know, that stuff that actually gave us a solid ground for legitimately winning hockey games? Start playing smart, safe hockey and not this Russian roulette bullcrap where we hand out retarded turnovers at the worst times, at such amounts/ game that you should allow in a month. Not after 60 minutes. The mental mistakes are glaring. We allow a ridiculous amount of quality chances.

The D-man pinching has to stop. They are awful at it. It's costing us 60 goals while giving us what, 6? We have to stop losing games by our own machine, not because our opposition plays particulary better.

This is completely unacceptable. And even worse, it's making you tear your eyes out watching this team play.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

We didn't outplay anyone, if anything they outplayed us and we got luck.y

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Levitate

Oh and yeah the Rangers gotta stop making so many mistakes. lots of bad turnovers. They're beating themselves too often these days

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Please don't...

Gaborik, Dubinsky, Richards, McD and Girardi had good games. Callahan had a good shootout goal. Props to the PK.
there can never be too many Penguin threads.

and yes, the PK was amazing but usually is. Top guys performed well and we scratched our way to a win. LGR

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

No headline on NHL.com about the Pens pummeling. hmmmmm.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I admit I'm guilty of making a Pens thread myself, but I'm tempted just to post this too lol.
i know.. lol incoming mass of angry pens fans

Old
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

We have the most ROW in the NHL, we're entitled to a shootout win every now and then. Anyone *****ing right now is crazy

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
You mean the guy who misplayed the 2-on-1 on the 1st goal and got completely beat on the Leafs third goal?
How the hell does that first goal have any blame on Erixon? He did the best he could with ZERO support.

He was good getting pucks out of the zone, and was decisive on the transition. Only a couple times did he get caught in the corner.

Old
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

This was an ugly game but a win is a win especially this time of the year especially with the Senators giving the Rangers that 3 point lead back at least for 24 hours.

Joey Crabb? Man, another angry ex-Rangers draft pick goes all Gretzky on them.

And Torts should have taken the Richards line off after they scored.

Still, whatever, take it, move on, and get ready for Minnesota.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Hahaha I'll get that as well.

With the angle MSG showed on Cally's shootout goal I can't really see people in the stands. Did MSG show a different angle or were you watching the CBC feed?
I watched CBC. They showed Sather standing in the box with somebody (probably Gorton because of it was Messier CBC would hve shown him too). Sather was standing the entire shootout with the unlit cigar. Then they showed his reaction after the Callahan goal, and he did a Bernie Nicholls-style fist pump...kinda subdued but it's still a rare shot of him.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Misplayed the 2 on 1? That goal was on Dubi. Erixon did all he could. The third goal was a lucky bounce/heads up play.
I agree that Dubinsky is mainly at fault for that goal. However, I consider any 2-on-1 where a pass is successfully put across ice to be misplayed. Erixon went down too early.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
We didn't outplay anyone, if anything they outplayed us and we got luck.y
More like us outplaying ourselves, like we have done alot. It's infuriating. The Leafs don't have to work for their chances, they just have to cycle, put some pressure on our puck carrier and wait for that retarded mistake that will give them a prime scoring chance pretty much automatically.

We're forcing what isn't there. Please, can they pretty please with sugar on top get back to playing "boring", mistake free, solid grinding hockey. If I want to watch Hawaii hockey, I can do that in a beer league 5 miles from here.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Come on, that was a horrible pinch. Two guys behind the net and Dubinsky was cutting down.
Dubinsky cut down after Bickel pinched along the boards. He's the high forward. It's his responsibility to rotate back.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

With my 4,000 post I declare that win heinously needed. I'll take it. Also Pittsburgh's massacre should show that they're not invulnerable.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
lol someone make a thread in mail boards about the 8-4 Pens game. lol since they all love to make posts about the Pens lately
Title: "Why do the Pens suck now?"

Trying to match the anti-Ranger crazy thread titles we've seen lately, even from our own

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I agree that Dubinsky is mainly at fault for that goal. However, I consider any 2-on-1 where a pass is successfully put across ice to be misplayed. Erixon went down too early.
Its a misplay, but not on Erixon at all. He did the best he could. Even a hall of fame Defensemen is going to have a hard time on that play. It would only be Erixon's fault if back checkers were able to get back and take the puck carrier. Allowing Erixon to slide a bit more to the left side. Instead he tried to do what he could, a desperation dive.

Hank and Erixon are not to blame for the first goal.

Old
UlfNilsson

I noticed Sather standing, too, because I'm superstitious and always stand during the shootout.

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Its a misplay, but not on Erixon at all. He did the best he could. Even hall of fame Defensemen is going to have a hard time on that play. It would only be Erixon's fault if back checkers were able to get back and take the puck carrier.

Hank and Erixon are not to blame for the first goal.
Just because one play caused the situation doesn't absolve another player from responsibility. Kessel went around Erixon to get the puck across. I can't even remember the last time we saw that with Girardi, McDonagh, Staal or even Del Zotto.

It's fine. Erixon is a rookie and rookies make rookie mistakes. But it was still a mistake.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
trilobyte

Erixon did take himself out of the play lunging at the Leaf player to the outside. He played a good game and is settling in, but that was definitely an error on his part.

Oh well, he is learning and doing okay. I'm pretty happy that there was someone like him to get called up. And at the right time to get settled before the playoffs.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Title: "Why do the Pens suck now?"

Trying to match the anti-Ranger crazy thread titles we've seen lately, even from our own
lol perfect. i'm tempted to post, "Are the Pens the easiest team to score 8 against?"

Old
03-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Hahaha I'll get that as well.

With the angle MSG showed on Cally's shootout goal I can't really see people in the stands. Did MSG show a different angle or were you watching the CBC feed?
It was the last angle on the replay (showing Cally's back towards the goal). There was a guy a few rows up standing in the stairs doing weird ****.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:17 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Toronto trapped the whole game. It's Carlyle's style. He isnt a gambler. Hughson, Simpson and Healy talked about it all night. David Steckel played 19 mins tonight. Joey Crabb played 18. That should tell you where the Leafs' focus will be heading into next season.

Give the Rangers credit...they found ways to beat the trap. The defense was fine tonight outside of the three goals and the Kessel breakaway. They held Toronto to only 7 shots in the 3rd period despite 6 straight mins of pp time.

Henrik was decent. To me, he absolved himself with that glove save on Get the Bozak.

Beating the Leafs at home on HNIC is never easy, especially for the Rangers.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Rangers own the best record in hockey. More wins. More ROW's. Both played 75 games.