HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose boring game 4-1

Old
03-24-2012, 09:47 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm salivating at the idea of drafting Grigorenko and moving Eller to the wing.

and having Roy coach both.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I think it actually shows we're handling it surprisingly well... for the last 15 hears I've heard the media say "The Habs can't tank, the fans will not accept it!"

Well, not many people are complaining that much; we all moved on to our spring/summer activities, and will come back next year, hopefully with a top 3 pick at the draft.
IMO you have it backwards. Complaining shows people still are watching. Indifference shows people aren't watching and have stopped caring. Simply compare the Leafs board activity and Habs board activity. Leafs have been consistently brutal for 5 years now and their fans continue to watch. They complain and whine but they'll continue to watch and grasp on to anything for a little hope. Habs have been brutal for the first time in years and yet people have already stopped caring even before the season is through. People will certainly return next season but if they start off poorly again it's very likely people will stop caring even sooner than this season since it won't be something new. This is why I think the Habs will have more pressure to turn it around than the Leafs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:00 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I think it actually shows we're handling it surprisingly well... for the last 15 hears I've heard the media say "The Habs can't tank, the fans will not accept it!"

Well, not many people are complaining that much; we all moved on to our spring/summer activities, and will come back next year, hopefully with a top 3 pick at the draft.
Yup, and once the dreamers realise a top 5 pick isnt enough to get us from lottery to contention... they'll comeback whining like usual

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Stive Morgan
Habland

Now that we are officially eliminated, I actually hope we lose the rest of our games, so we can at least get something good out of this season, at the Draft.

FAIL FOR MIKHAIL! (half-assed Photoshop FTW)

Stive Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
haburger

people whining and complaining keeps hf boards alive.habs fans bail out so fast it aint funny.and sure as hell once we fix the problems and start winning again the bandwagon will be stuffed.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
people whining and complaining keeps hf boards alive.habs fans bail out so fast it aint funny.and sure as hell once we fix the problems and start winning again the bandwagon will be stuffed.
We want what's rationally best for our team.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:18 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
IMO you have it backwards. Complaining shows people still are watching. Indifference shows people aren't watching and have stopped caring. Simply compare the Leafs board activity and Habs board activity. Leafs have been consistently brutal for 5 years now and their fans continue to watch. They complain and whine but they'll continue to watch and grasp on to anything for a little hope. Habs have been brutal for the first time in years and yet people have already stopped caring even before the season is through. People will certainly return next season but if they start off poorly again it's very likely people will stop caring even sooner than this season since it won't be something new. This is why I think the Habs will have more pressure to turn it around than the Leafs.
This. I have always doubted that the Habs will be automatic sellout games no matter how badly they do or how much like **** the org treats us. Montreal just is not that kind of town, no matter how much force-feeding of our gilded history is done.

There are just too many other things to do than to suffer through boring incompetence night after night, at those prices. Of course the crowds probably wouldn't go that low, but the fans will not be as supportive of a consistently boring, trash product with no improvement in sight.

The org is desperate to create an aura of invincible morality and brook no criticism. But they've led us to this state, and if they are not careful will breed apathy if they don't make a serious effort at reversing this. I absolutely love the Habs and hockey, they are a huge part of my life, but when we as fans are treated like complete trash (I am talking about the on-ice product only here, not the patronising attitude the org has towards us) I will find alternate means for my hockey pleasure, like the Q or juniors. I suspect a lot of others will too.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:20 PM
blueinmtl

Oh right and that game was tough to watch.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

This is becoming painfull to watch. I'm sick of watching anti puck possession hockey. At least it's pretty hard to be scared for the lotto pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Is there some rule against letting a Danish player play both the PP and PK in the same game?
This game made it three times in the last three games (twice tonight+once against Buffalo) where I'm watching the PK and then the second I notice White and Noke (especially Noke who's quite possibly the worst PK foward on the team) there and wonder how the hell they are ahead of Eller (top 10/15 in the entire NHL in PK shot differencial) on the PK depth chart, the other team score almost immediatly.

I think it's absolutely hilarious how Cunneyworth has absolutely refused to even think about changing the following things:

-Breaking the Pac-DD-Cole line despite the fact that we weren't even winning
-Change the PP units despite our PP being one of the worst in the league. (Wich reminds me, what's up with Cunneyworth apparently thinking that ES lines can't even be split on the PP, pretty clear Cole and Pac shouldn't be on the same unit)

But it's apparently a good idea to take one of our top PK foward off our PK for absolutely no logical reason ... while our PK is the best of the league and is the only thing that has worked well all season.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:28 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalock View Post
Now that we are officially eliminated, I actually hope we lose the rest of our games, so we can at least get something good out of this season, at the Draft.

FAIL FOR MIKHAIL! (half-assed Photoshop FTW)

Mikhail won't last more than 2 season with the Habs. They need to draft Darche's little brother, if there was one. He would be a better fit avec les Canadiens.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:34 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

man i rather have carbo coach the team right now

heck i rather have a monkey behind the bench so there is some action behind the bench

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yup, and once the dreamers realise a top 5 pick isnt enough to get us from lottery to contention... they'll comeback whining like usual
It's not THE solution, but it is a big step in the right direction. The thing is we are poised to turn this ship around if we make the right moves. Some teams are not. The pick (not counting any chickens yet) would be a huge asset that we might as well have since not getting the pick makes this season quite useless. If management bungles, yes, things will stay the same. Really I think the dust needs to settle and next year will be much much better and the year after that even better (assuming competence within the organization). We have the right to say that and not be compared to leaf fans because we have actually had success.

I don't think the pick will make us into Stanley Cup contenders overnight, but

The pick + development of the young guys (one huge positive this year) + players coming up in the system + health (variable) + even one or two good roster moves + some amount of luck in possibly getting the right FA (not necessary, but I'm referring to the two big ones this summer and if you need proof see one Cole, Erik) + a good coach = definite chance to be an SC contender.

These things can happen. Not saying they will happen, but it's not too much to ask for. We are not a miserable organization and as much of a chance that we can do things the wrong way, we could also do things the whi...err right way and it will make a world of a difference. Yes this applied to a bunch of teams so really the holistic view of the team needs to be considered, but back to the original point:

it will not hurt to have Grigorenko down the road given we are already eliminated this year.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
This is becoming painfull to watch. I'm sick of watching anti puck possession hockey. At least it's pretty hard to be scared for the lotto pick.

This game made it three times in the last three games (twice tonight+once against Buffalo) where I'm watching the PK and then the second I notice White and Noke (especially Noke who's quite possibly the worst PK foward on the team) there and wonder how the hell they are ahead of Eller (top 10/15 in the entire NHL in PK shot differencial) on the PK depth chart, the other team score almost immediatly.

I think it's absolutely hilarious how Cunneyworth has absolutely refused to even think about changing the following things:

-Breaking the Pac-DD-Cole line despite the fact that we weren't even winning
-Change the PP units despite our PP being one of the worst in the league. (Wich reminds me, what's up with Cunneyworth apparently thinking that ES lines can't even be split on the PP, pretty clear Cole and Pac shouldn't be on the same unit)

But it's apparently a good idea to take one of our top PK foward off our PK for absolutely no logical reason ... while our PK is the best of the league and is the only thing that has worked well all season.
Exactly. He's finally put on the PP and puts up some points, but is inexplicably taken off the PK for no reason. Easily our second best penalty killing forward.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:47 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Exactly. He's finally put on the PP and puts up some points, but is inexplicably taken off the PK for no reason. Easily our second best penalty killing forward.
I know he's been put in a bad situation and all but Cunneyworth makes at least one huge facepalming coaching decision per game (should be a stat ). Really painfull to watch, especially when it's so obvious that what he's doing doesn't make any sense.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Protest the Hero

Louis Leblanc Games:35 Goals:4 Assists:5 Points:9 PIM:20 +1

Renee Bourque in Montreal Games:31 Goals:4 Assists:3 Points:7 PIM:25 -17

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:51 PM
beh3moth

I think few people want to watch the games and participate in the threads correspondingly because its counter intuitive. Fans watch games hoping for their team to win. I know I've only been checking the box scores as of late except for big games...I hate cheering for Montreal to lose.

beh3moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Can't wait to watch TSN lottery pick.

Best day in Habs horrible season

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:57 PM
habscup

from the guys who are expected to be drafted in the top 5 this year, which ones are ready to make the nhl next year?

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:07 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I know SOME people do, but I do not think the majority of us think we'll win the cup next year with a top 3 pick... It'S pretty damn clear to me, though, that we've ben missing a top flight offensive weapon for what seems to be forever.

I'm 27, started watching hockey when I was 10-12 years/old (enough to actually have a grasp of what's going on), so did not really know the Cup Winning team in '93... The only year where we had a dominant forward was Kovy in 2008, and we finished 1st in the east. People want that. They want exciting hockey.

Galchenyuk or Forsberg alone won't do that, but we are not the Islanders either... we have Pleks, Pacioretti, Cole, Desharnais, Eller... Gallagher and Kristo are coming... add our, what, 5 2nd rounders in the next 2 years? We should be able to get some decent forwards in there... We only miss this one big-name forward, again.

Sure, our D also needs work, but I believe Subban-Gorges-Emelin a 3 nice players to have in a top 4, Markov is at least a top5 right now and should get better next year, Beaulieu is coming, Tinordi too.

Have faith! No Cup next year, but it we should be headed uphill...

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Siege mode is on *****es

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't think a top 5 or even a top 3 pick would catapult the Habs into elite team status next season. Even the best prospects don't stand out as obvious superstar material. Of course it would be a start in the rebuilding process. However, it's important not to overlook that the Habs have lots of upcoming 2nd round picks and if they're any good they could help replenish the depleted organizational depth over the next few years.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post

Siege mode is on *****es

At max 11th pick overall

right now we have the 3rd overall

CLB is doing it like a boss
a loss would get them an 1st overall rank!

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Mikhail won't last more than 2 season with the Habs. They need to draft Darche's little brother, if there was one. He would be a better fit avec les Canadiens.
Why are you so obsessed with Darche? Like half your posts are about Darche.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:35 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't think a top 5 or even a top 3 pick would catapult the Habs into elite team status next season. Even the best prospects don't stand out as obvious superstar material. Of course it would be a start in the rebuilding process. However, it's important not to overlook that the Habs have lots of upcoming 2nd round picks and if they're any good they could help replenish the depleted organizational depth over the next few years.
not elite but a playoff team

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:37 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Why are you so obsessed with Darche? Like half your posts are about Darche.
I think he's mad broooo

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote