HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Union Season

Old
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Simply put, that game was putrid.

That said it's game one and let's see where the team is in a few months.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post

The idea that the ownership are sitting back counting their money after two years is ridiculous. As is the "threat" that a third-year franchise might go allllll the way back to square one.

The Union played seven players last night who were 23 or younger. That didn't include four other U23 players who are on the roster that saw the field for them last year. These kids aren't here because the Union are cheap and don't care. It's because they're building something. No team has more players on the USA U23 team than the Union.
What's ridiculous is trading away your number one scorer, one of the best players in the league and one of the primary reasons why your team was successful and calling it an attempt to make the team better. Then turning around and spending a fraction of the allocation money on relatively unknown south American players.

What else is ridiculous is trading away your best defender mid season for allocation money that was never spent for anything.

Explain to me how this is an attempt to win?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What's ridiculous is trading away your number one scorer, one of the best players in the league and one of the primary reasons why your team was successful and calling it an attempt to make the team better. Then turning around and spending a fraction of the allocation money on relatively unknown south American players.
Yeah, how dare they spend less money on unknown players? The hilarious part of this being that there is no way in hell you had any idea who Sebastien Le Toux was three years ago.

I like Le Toux, but if he was the primary reason they were successful, please explain why the Union had a losing record during his best season and then went to the playoffs in the season that he scored one goal over the first 22 games.

Quote:
What else is ridiculous is trading away your best defender mid season for allocation money that was never spent for anything.

Explain to me how this is an attempt to win?
Sorry, are you saying Jordan Harvey was their best defender?

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:40 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Yeah, how dare they spend less money on unknown players? The hilarious part of this being that there is no way in hell you had any idea who Sebastien Le Toux was three years ago.

I like Le Toux, but if he was the primary reason they were successful, please explain why the Union had a losing record during his best season and then went to the playoffs in the season that he scored one goal over the first 22 games.

Sorry, are you saying Jordan Harvey was their best defender?

Yes I did know who Le Toux was 3 years ago when he was in Seattle.

And maybe Harvey wasn't our best defender, but he was a better option than a number of pieces they have now.

And you didn't answer my question. If they maintain that these moves ate to benefit the team, why trade a proven player who was far and away the heart and soul of the team to use a fraction of the money on players who are unproven in the league? How is that beneficial to anyone else but the owners?

Last edited by SnS: 03-15-2012 at 02:27 PM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Yes I did know who Le Toux was 3 years ago when he was in Seattle.

And maybe Harvey wasn't our best defender, but he was a better option than a number of pieces they have now.

And you didn't answer my question. If they maintain that these moves ate to benefit the team, why trade a proven player who was far and away the heart and soul of the team to use a fraction of the money on players who are unproven in the league? How is that beneficial to anyone else but the owners?
Because he was gone after this season anyway, be the Union would not have been able to keep him under the cap, and this way they got something for him. I have no problem with this. The Union are crazy young, and if they develop anywhere like they should, they will be a top team in the East for 5-7 seasons.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:41 PM
MountainHawk

People are also overreacting to a road loss in Portland. There are going to be very few Eastern teams that get more than 4-5 points all season at western teams.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
JSTAFF

home opener

I have three tickets to the game this afternoon. Section 121 Row U aisle seats. Me and my girlfriend are both sick so don't think were gonna make it. If interested send me a PM - hate to let them goto waste. Face value.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
flyersguy33*

Game is on NBCSP right now

Clear foul missed in the opening seconds

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 04:33 PM
flyersguy33*

MacMath SUCKS

Old
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
flyersguy33*

gona be a long year, getting scored on when Rapids are down a man

Old
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I have three tickets to the game this afternoon. Section 121 Row U aisle seats. Me and my girlfriend are both sick so don't think were gonna make it. If interested send me a PM - hate to let them goto waste. Face value.
You didn't miss anything. That game was putrid.

Old
03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Mgkibbles

I was glad Torres got some action today. Hopefully he'll be fit enough to start next game. The Union need him, badly.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Should of started Torres... When they put the youngin's in (Hernandez and Martinez) we started to get some offense. Pajoy had a real nice goal, and honestly was probably our best player, but he had a chance to score again in the box and completely missed the net.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:32 PM
pelts35.com

Apparently Califf wasn't aware that he wasn't going to start until he arrived at PPL Park yesterday? Nice way to treat the team's captain.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...d_to_talk.html

http://uniontally.blogspot.com/2012/...t-out.html?m=1

Nowak is quoted

“Danny's still – you guys don't know – he has a shot in his knee. Doctors in the offseason took a pretty good chunk of meniscus," Nowak said. "He started preseason and didn't do anything until the first day. … We're monitoring the situation to make sure he's ready to play, but he's going to be available for us and getting the performance that we all expect."

Califf responds

"It was a surprise to me. I didn't find out I wasn't playing until today, when we walked into the locker room," Califf said. “I guess I found out. Supposedly I have a knee injury."

“Honestly, that's the first time I've heard about my knee being a problem," Califf said. "I don't really understand where that's coming from. I have no idea what's going on in Peter's head because he hasn't said a word to me. To be honest, I don't really have any idea. I would've thought that he at least would have a conversation with me. But he didn't and maybe that's his style and that's the situation right now."

Old
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
flyersguy33*

Union are in complete free fall mode

Old
03-24-2012, 11:36 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Big game today. Need to get a win. Waiting for Novak to COMPLETELY change the lineup...again.

Also Califf didnt travel with the team. Still no idea what is going on. Califf said theres not injury, at all, while Novak says he's too injured to play.

Old
03-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Mgkibbles

Down by a goal, so Nowak takes out his most creative player. Brilliant.

Old
03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Mwanga and Daniel really dont do anything when they are out there. Especially Mwanga.

EDIT: Daniel finalllyyy started to move. Thanfully Mwanga got subbed out. Martinez doing ALOT better job.

Last edited by sa cyred: 03-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Those offseason moves aren't looking too good right about now.

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Those offseason moves aren't looking too good right about now.
I do question if Novak knows what the hell he's doing. Even the announcers said that they could read off of Novak's face that he didnt know what changes to do against the Fire.

Danny Mwanga has got to stop starting. He hasnt done ANYTHING.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

I don't follow the Union that closely, but I'd have to think that missing many of those U-23 players would have to impact the team greatly, right?

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I don't follow the Union that closely, but I'd have to think that missing many of those U-23 players would have to impact the team greatly, right?
Yes they do, but Nowak doesn't do a good job managing this team regardless of what players are available.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:42 AM
slitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Mwanga and Daniel really dont do anything when they are out there. Especially Mwanga.

EDIT: Daniel finalllyyy started to move. Thanfully Mwanga got subbed out. Martinez doing ALOT better job.

mwanga was a disaster. completely invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Down by a goal, so Nowak takes out his most creative player. Brilliant.
torres did nothing, NOTHING, in the first half. i like torres and think he is a great player but mls is a big, physical league. he just might not be big enough for this league. and please dont give me the "messi is small" arguement. its apples and oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
it has an effect for sure, but it shouldnt matter that much. the only consistent starter from that group is williams and he played last week. adu is a spot starter, 45-60 minute guy. okugo barely sees the pitch

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:08 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Big bump here but some big rumors out there. Union are struggling right now on offense, but they are supposedly looking at Raul. Raul said he is leaving his German team and wants to play outside of Europe. Tonight will be Raul's last game....against the Union.

Getting Raul would help our team immediately.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Big bump here but some big rumors out there. Union are struggling right now on offense, but they are supposedly looking at Raul. Raul said he is leaving his German team and wants to play outside of Europe. Tonight will be Raul's last game....against the Union.

Getting Raul would help our team immediately.
I'll be honest and say I've pretty much lost interest in this team. They are extremely boring to watch (even by soccer standards ) and the team has zero personality. Most likely my last season with season tickets and I'd be open to selling most of the remaining games at this point.