HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Which newer stick..

Old
03-25-2012, 12:41 AM
wreckless

vCash: 500
Which newer stick..

Which newer stick most resembles the one95?

The blade of the totalone is very different. Are there any sticks in the vapor/supreme line that have a similar blade feel to the one95?

Thanks

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:27 AM
AIREAYE

I've heard that the 2011 Warrior Dolomite DD and the Miken Razor Z9 have similar feel.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
Which newer stick most resembles the one95?

The blade of the totalone is very different. Are there any sticks in the vapor/supreme line that have a similar blade feel to the one95?

Thanks
There isn't just one blade of a stick. There are numerous curves depending on the preference of the player.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:47 AM
wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crossbar View Post
There isn't just one blade of a stick. There are numerous curves depending on the preference of the player.
lol.

that's not what i'm referring to. i'm talking about the blade feel.

the one95 is way softer compared to the totalone. the totalone reminds me of my old vapor 60. it seems like the blade feel of the supreme line changed for the totalone to be more like the vapor blade

Last edited by wreckless: 03-25-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old
03-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
lol.

that's not what i'm referring to. i'm talking about the blade feel.

the one95 is way softer compared to the totalone. the totalone reminds me of my old vapor 60. it seems like the blade feel of the supreme line changed for the totalone to be more like the vapor blade
Oh, now I'm getting your point. Never had a one95 so I couldn't tell you. Have you tried an APX?

Old
03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Rebels21

the one95 and one100 are almost the same exact stick. i would say get that

Rebels21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I thought the Total One had a similar internal structure, just with the Textreme wrap?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:36 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebels21 View Post
the one95 and one100 are almost the same exact stick. i would say get that
Nope. The Aero Foam II in the One100 will have it feeling very different than the One95.

Jarick, different blade core, I've heard some say it feels similar to the One95, others say not.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Easton Fection

Just broke my Easton ST the other day. Picked up an Easton Stealth RS, 85 flex, Cammalleri curve. Game tonight, so I'll give an update on what I think of it through one game later on. Pricey stick.. hope it works out.

Easton Fection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Nope. The Aero Foam II in the One100 will have it feeling very different than the One95.

Jarick, different blade core, I've heard some say it feels similar to the One95, others say not.
Ah, okay.

I will say I had a One95 and I had a 2011 Dolomite DD and the blade feel was very close. I preferred the Dolomite slightly as it seemed to "stick" the puck to the blade very well. The downside was durability as the bottom of Warrior DD blades tends to fall apart so quickly.

Jury's still out on the newer Warrior blades, but I seem to recall the feel being pretty close. I didn't use my Dynasty much this winter but it seemed the blade was a little sturdier on the bottom. I broke my X:60 finally last week so once I start playing again after a few weeks off I can update as the Dynasty will be my main stick. Had to get some lead tape and a 5" plug to balance it though.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:31 PM
hockeymass

I thought the consensus was that the APX had similar puckfeel to the One95. I never used a One95, but I find the blade of the APX to be pretty soft.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
I thought the consensus was that the APX had similar puckfeel to the One95. I never used a One95, but I find the blade of the APX to be pretty soft.
I have a Ryan Murray APX and I find it good but it's not for my style of play.

Old
03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I thought the Total One had a similar internal structure, just with the Textreme wrap?
I agree. I think the Total One is pretty similar and about as close as you can get to the One95. APX has a much different feel IMO.

And I actually think the One95 blade is pretty stiff. I've never noticed anything soft about it.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
hockeymass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crossbar View Post
I have a Ryan Murray APX and I find it good but it's not for my style of play.
But is it soft/comparable to the One95? That's the question at hand.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

From what I can see, they are very similar, both using dual density foam and aramid reinforced "core". I'm guessing the actual core of the blade is slightly different, maybe a little more material in the Total One, which would dampen the puck a bit while the APX has a little livelier feel and better balance. I'm also guessing the Total One probably has a little less material than the One95 which would lead to that slightly livelier feel, although it's supposed to have similar foams.

The APX and TO should be fairly close in feel, and while I haven't used both, most of what I've read is the APX is a big improvement in feel over the X:60, much closer to the One95.

All just guesses and speculation though. Honestly both should have really good puck feel and durability compared to sticks from a few years back. Hell, I'm not the best with catching passes and the X:60 worked great for me for a year.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Trojan35

Loved my one95, and have never found another blade with similar feel.

I've moved on to the APX, as I like that blade slightly better than the totalone.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:29 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

I switch back and forth between my TO (main stick) and my x60 (back up) and to me the blade feel is not all that different. I'll will say however that the blade on x60 seems to have a little more kick on snappers and wristers, but it feels like concrete on slappers. Whereas the blade on my TO is very lively on slappers and feels much softer.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
I switch back and forth between my TO (main stick) and my x60 (back up) and to me the blade feel is not all that different. I'll will say however that the blade on x60 seems to have a little more kick on snappers and wristers, but it feels like concrete on slappers. Whereas the blade on my TO is very lively on slappers and feels much softer.
goes to show you how big a factor personal feel is from one individual to another.
finally snapped my x60 after almost a year of use and ended up getting a TO. the TO felt WAY different in the blade for me. much less pingy(although not as soft as the one95 i had), and much easier to receive passes.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What kind of shooter are you normally and how'd you like the mid kick vs regular?

Ideally I'd love to try another mid-kick stick like a TO but also get an APX. Maybe I'll see if there are any clearance One95's still. I need a new job...

Old
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
thedonger

Quote:
What kind of shooter are you normally and how'd you like the mid kick vs regular?

Ideally I'd love to try another mid-kick stick like a TO but also get an APX. Maybe I'll see if there are any clearance One95's still. I need a new job...
mostly wrist shots and slapshots. i admittedly have a really weak snapshot. i noticed all shots were slightly better in velocity and accuracy, but not quite as quick off the blade as the x60. no question that it feels "flexier" than the x60(which is to be expected when going from low kick to mid kick). both were 75 flex int's.
i actually really like the puckfeel on the TO. still a bit on the lively side, but nothing like the x60(which was really the only thing i didn't like about it). because this, i find it easier to receive passes on the TO.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
goes to show you how big a factor personal feel is from one individual to another.
finally snapped my x60 after almost a year of use and ended up getting a TO. the TO felt WAY different in the blade for me. much less pingy(although not as soft as the one95 i had), and much easier to receive passes.
I thought my post might have confused people and maybe I should have clarified a little bit.

When I said that the feel was not that different I meant to say that it was different for sure, but nothing I could not deal with. I would say that the puck feel is better on the TO like you said. Passes and stick handling is a little easier with the TO, but I think the X60 has a little more pop in close.

Old
03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

With my X:60 I basically had to catch most of my passes either one-handed or loose hands to let the blade kill the puck and then grab it. Mostly because my teammates pass the puck like they're trying to turn it over. But I'm looking forward to a stick that is a good bit softer in the blade.

Old
03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
wreckless

after reading all the replies it seems i'm no closer to a decision. again i am only referring to the blade feel.

i have both a one95 and t1 and the blade feel is significantly different. the one95 is softer, while the the t1 is much livelier..

i've heard the apx blade is a balance between the one95 and t1/vapor 60 feel.

i haven't heard much about the one100 but am very curious. a few people have told me it'll be the closest feel to the one95.

Last edited by wreckless: 03-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
With my X:60 I basically had to catch most of my passes either one-handed or loose hands to let the blade kill the puck and then grab it. Mostly because my teammates pass the puck like they're trying to turn it over. But I'm looking forward to a stick that is a good bit softer in the blade.
The TO is worth a shot for you then. It is softer than the X60 and easier to receive passes. That being said the APX's blade could be as good as the TO's. I have not tried the APX yet.

Tough decision in front of you. I used to love my X60, but I think the TO may have turned me into a Supreme line guy. I love how this stick feels.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh I'd def go APX, I liked the Vapors a lot more than the One95, although the puck feel was better on the Supreme series, not a mid kick shooter. I'd probably get one for backup if there's a good deal though, and to muck around.