HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Cops by far is real, hell I know people in Tucson who saw the live arrests take place when they used to film down there.
Cops was my youngest daughter's favorite show for quite a while - from ages 3-6. Grandma had quite a surprise when she was invited to play cops with the little one. She put grandma's hands behind her back then told her she was going to jail. Grandma asked why and she said "possession of cocaine." It's pretty funny to hear a 5 year old say those words!

Old
03-16-2012, 09:08 PM
awfulwaffle

Yesterday was quite bland as far as March Madness goes, but today has been all sorts of fun to watch. 2 #2 seeds so far fall. Michigan as a #4 is out also. Still a couple more upset opportunities to go tonight!

Old
03-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Yesterday was quite bland as far as March Madness goes, but today has been all sorts of fun to watch. 2 #2 seeds so far fall. Michigan as a #4 is out also. Still a couple more upset opportunities to go tonight!
Id warn syracuse and kansas about the next round. Kansas st and purdue may keep it close. oh and nc state too

Old
03-17-2012, 02:03 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Id warn syracuse and kansas about the next round. Kansas st and purdue may keep it close. oh and nc state too
Syracuse played like crap, and deserved to lose their first game. UNC Asheville should have won. Their top scorer only made 1 shot that game. That on top of the terrible calls, boooo.

Next round should be interesting, those 2 15 seeds that won are going to have tons of momentum going into the next round.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Mega Millions is now up to $356 Million

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,4757895.story

Do any of you play the Lottery?

I play scrachers from time to time and the most I won on a scracher is $1000.
I won another $1000 playing that AZ Millionare Raffle Game. Note: I was 1 number away from hitting the jackpot on that one. Son of a *****!!!

On a side note, when I do win on the scrachers, in most cases my win is over $100.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:19 PM
doaner

Quote:
Mega Millions is now up to $356 Million

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,4757895.story

Do any of you play the Lottery?

I play scrachers from time to time and the most I won on a scracher is $1000.
I won another $1000 playing that AZ Millionare Raffle Game. Note: I was 1 number away from hitting the jackpot on that one. Son of a *****!!!

On a side note, when I do win on the scrachers, in most cases my win is over $100.
No, I don't. Its a waste of money, IMO. If you want to do that, just give me your money and occassionally, I will give you a few bucks back.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
No, I don't. Its a waste of money, IMO. If you want to do that, just give me your money and occassionally, I will give you a few bucks back.
Which is why I play the lottery on occasion and only spend a few bucks here and there when I have some money to burn.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
doaner

Quote:
Which is why I play the lottery on occasion and only spend a few bucks here and there when I have some money to burn.
Some people go a little crazy with it. Smokers should invest that money per pack into the lottery. Saves your health and gives you a better chance. Doing both is a gamble.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Some people go a little crazy with it. Smokers should invest that money per pack into the lottery. Saves your health and gives you a better chance. Doing both is a gamble.
Agreed

IMO, if I was meant to win it all them I shouldn't be pissing away a bunch of money to get the win since the idea is to get the big win based spending little. After all, I had millions of dollars in my possession, I would see no need to gamble in the 1st place.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Agreed

IMO, if I was meant to win it all them I shouldn't be pissing away a bunch of money to get the win since the idea is to get the big win based spending little. After all, I had millions of dollars in my possession, I would see no need to gamble in the 1st place.
If you win it, will you please purchase the Coyotes?

Old
03-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
If you win it, will you please purchase the Coyotes?
I wish I could here but if I take the lump sum(which is less than the announced jackpot prize) 50% gets taken out in taxes and I won't have enough to purchase the team. I can become an investor as the extent to which I can go. I will buy the most expensive suite in the joint available if I do win the jackpot.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:38 AM
doaner

Quote:
I wish I could here but if I take the lump sum(which is less than the announced jackpot prize) 50% gets taken out in taxes and I won't have enough to purchase the team. I can become an investor as the extent to which I can go. I will buy the most expensive suite in the joint available if I do win the jackpot.
The first thing I would do is pay off my wifes student loans. Phew!! That would be nice.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
The first thing I would do is pay off my wifes student loans. Phew!! That would be nice.
Well! I never said that buying a suite was the 1st thing Id do. I would pay off any debts I have remaining and I would help my parents out greatly.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
doaner

Quote:
Well! I never said that buying a suite was the 1st thing Id do. I would pay off any debts I have remaining and I would help my parents out greatly.
I hear ya. I would take a nice long Mediterranean cruise. My folks are well off and don't need my help. But I'd do something for them as well. Probably help out our Church.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:56 AM
kihekah19

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken you also forfeit somewhere around 50% of the remaining Jackpot (after taxes) if you take the one lump sum option.

Personally and sadly, I would not invest in this team in any manner other than my season tix, as I have so little faith in the fan base of this valley.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
If I'm not mistaken you also forfeit somewhere around 50% of the remaining Jackpot (after taxes) if you take the one lump sum option.

Personally and sadly, I would not invest in this team in any manner other than my season tix, as I have so little faith in the fan base of this valley.
Yup

So if the lump sum amount is $250 Million and 50% is going to taxes then $125 million is remaining.

If I win, I'm taking the annual payments since in the long run you get more money that way and be more than likely to die rich.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Yup

So if the lump sum amount is $250 Million and 50% is going to taxes then $125 million is remaining.

If I win, I'm taking the annual payments since in the long run you get more money that way and be more than likely to die rich.

Unless you die young.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Unless you die young.
Like this guy from Michigan?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/80087

Anyways, not to get too far ahead of myself here the odds are well against anyone who plays. I have a better chance of getting into a car accident and dying than winning it all or most prize levels for that matter.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Like this guy from Michigan?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/80087

Anyways, not to get too far ahead of myself here the odds are well against anyone who plays. I have a better chance of getting into a car accident and dying than winning it all or most prize levels for that matter.

My point would be that at least his family gets the money, not the case if he doesn't take the lump sum.

You can never be too careful about these things.

Now if you win and if you decided on the lump sum and if you die, I will be expecting a gratuity from your family!

Old
03-25-2012, 01:33 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
If I win, I'm taking the annual payments since in the long run you get more money
Nope. Not even close. The current cash option is 255 million which, given 26 years worth of compounding or investing, will be worth way more than the annualized payout. That's not even taking inflation into consideration. At 2 or 3%, you lose about half your value over the course of the annualized schedule. The only reason you ever take the annualized payout is if you think you won't be able to handle the change. At these money levels, even the annualized payment is equal to most small jackpots, so it becomes irrelevant.

You win, you hire the best lawyers and financial advisers you can find. You diversify that money across different asset classes and then draw a small amount of interest every month. Even a small rate on such a large amount is likely $100,000+ per month. I'm not saying I couldn't spend that much (I'd likely adjust) but that's plenty.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:33 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Nope. Not even close. The current cash option is 255 million which, given 26 years worth of compounding or investing, will be worth way more than the annualized payout. That's not even taking inflation into consideration. At 2 or 3%, you lose about half your value over the course of the annualized schedule. The only reason you ever take the annualized payout is if you think you won't be able to handle the change. At these money levels, even the annualized payment is equal to most small jackpots, so it becomes irrelevant.

You win, you hire the best lawyers and financial advisers you can find. You diversify that money across different asset classes and then draw a small amount of interest every month. Even a small rate on such a large amount is likely $100,000+ per month. I'm not saying I couldn't spend that much (I'd likely adjust) but that's plenty.

You could go off welfare!

Old
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
You could go off welfare!
That's a reference to the team. Although, as a college student with grants and loans, it's probably not that far off either.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post

Sorry but it just doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of system in place which all but guarantees that anyone who is even remotely savvy with money will not win the lottery.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Sorry but it just doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of system in place which all but guarantees that anyone who is even remotely savvy with money will not win the lottery.
That "system" is a society wherein those who already have money don't need to play the lottery because there's an entire financial industry built to give them bigger gains with lower risks.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
moosemeister

all this talk, I just bought two tickets. One was a random, one was all my favorite players from the team.

I don't stand a chance lol

Closed Thread