HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does the Fan Attic sell Game Used equipment?

Old
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
DoubleJ96

vCash: 500
Does the Fan Attic sell Game Used equipment?

I am looking for an Iginla game used stick andwanted to know if the Fan Attic ever sell GU items? The Jets store out here in Winnipeg sells sticks and a few other things so it got me to thinking.

Anyone know?

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 734
Not at the Fan Attic, no.

There's usually a major used equipment sale in early Summer. Flames website will announce it.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:50 AM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 1566
Actually, my friend told me he nabbed a really cheap used Sarich A.i 9 at the fanattic store.

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimForTopCheddar View Post
Actually, my friend told me he nabbed a really cheap used Sarich A.i 9 at the fanattic store.
Stewie's right. The only time they sell used equipment is at the year end sale. It's a good time to go for memorabilia as well, and they usually have two Flames signing autographs.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:22 AM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
they sell sticks year round, but if you want to pick up some gloves or other stuff, year end sale. sometimes players dont use some of the equipment they are given by companies so you can bag brand new pro-stock stuff. iirc my buddy got a pair of brand new CCM gloves last year for 100 bucks, he would have paid upwards of 350 if he bought from a retail store.

it is very hit and miss, though.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
HockeyMind9

At the year end sale, it's highly unlikely you'll find an Iginla game used stick there. I've asked several people at the FanAttic and at the sale and for the most part all the Iginla and Kiprusoff sticks are used for charity events and such. That being said, I have seen a couple Kiprusoff sticks at the sale, so there's a chance you can find an Iginla too. Collectors usually go extremely early (some sleep there overnight) to get specific items such as an Iginla stick.

HockeyMind9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tww9 View Post
At the year end sale, it's highly unlikely you'll find an Iginla game used stick there. I've asked several people at the FanAttic and at the sale and for the most part all the Iginla and Kiprusoff sticks are used for charity events and such. That being said, I have seen a couple Kiprusoff sticks at the sale, so there's a chance you can find an Iginla too. Collectors usually go extremely early (some sleep there overnight) to get specific items such as an Iginla stick.
What's the price range on this used equipment? I imagine collectors would go fairly high.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
DoubleJ96

Thanks for the info gents

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
HockeyMind9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
What's the price range on this used equipment? I imagine collectors would go fairly high.
It really varies. The top names such as Iginla, Kiprusoff, Phaneuf when he was here will be priced for collectors (roughly the cost of what that piece of equipment brand new would be), so anyone wanting to use that equipment is unlikely to buy it. Most other players you can get stuff cheap and the more used, the cheaper. For example, gloves can range from $20 (dirty, smelly, holes) to $150 (brand new eagle gloves). I got a pair of pretty decent Reebok shoulder pads for $40 brand new. I would say on average you wait 2 hours in line outside and 1 hour in line to pay and maybe spend 1 hour or less actually picking things out.

HockeyMind9 is offline   Reply With Quote