HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Giving a real chance to Palushaj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 08:25 AM
  #1
Frankc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Giving a real chance to Palushaj

Hey Guys, am I the only one who would like to see Palushaj having a chance to prove himself for the last 6 games of the season ? I'd like the Habs to give him a chance to play with better players and more Ice time, even on PP.

In his last 6 games, he got 4 pts, +3, while having an average Ice Time of 6:26/game with no time at all on PP.

I'd like to seem him on a second line with Plekanec and either Bourque/Leblanc/Eller on the other wing, since we are officially out of the playoff and it's time for some tests.

Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:32 AM
  #2
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,595
vCash: 500
He's played really well that last two weeks or so.

At this point, I'd start trying things for next season.

Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Patches - Plekanec - Palushaj
White - Eller - Leblanc
Staubitz - Nokelainen - Blunden

Problem is, we told our coach he was a band-aid and wouldn't be back, so he's not going to do anything to help the organization. He's going to try to win/loser point as many games as he possibly can so that his resume looks better when another team needs a coach.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:40 AM
  #3
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Problem is, we told our coach he was a band-aid and wouldn't be back, so he's not going to do anything to help the organization. He's going to try to win/loser point as many games as he possibly can so that his resume looks better when another team needs a coach.
Agreed. To prepare for next season, he should do some experiments, such as:
- separating DD line
- play the young guys (Eller, Palushaj, Leblanc) more

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:41 AM
  #4
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He's played really well that last two weeks or so.

At this point, I'd start trying things for next season.

Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Patches - Plekanec - Palushaj
White - Eller - Leblanc
Staubitz - Nokelainen - Blunden

Problem is, we told our coach he was a band-aid and wouldn't be back, so he's not going to do anything to help the organization. He's going to try to win/loser point as many games as he possibly can so that his resume looks better when another team needs a coach.
With all due respect, If we start next season with the above lineup, we will be the same team we are now.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:45 AM
  #5
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He's played really well that last two weeks or so.

At this point, I'd start trying things for next season.

Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Patches - Plekanec - Palushaj
White - Eller - Leblanc
Staubitz - Nokelainen - Blunden

Problem is, we told our coach he was a band-aid and wouldn't be back, so he's not going to do anything to help the organization. He's going to try to win/loser point as many games as he possibly can so that his resume looks better when another team needs a coach.
Thats quite a statement to make. Its his best interest to still listen to the GM.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:58 AM
  #6
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
I wanted to start a thread last night as well, but I wasn't sure the reaction it would get, so I avoided it.

I thought he's played good these last few games as well. I like his hustle and his compete level. He gets pushed around, but he always gets back on his feet. He has a little bit of offense in him. I said from his first call up, he should have been given a semi-offensive role. The least the team could have done is have placed him with Eller way back when Eller's line was a semi-scoring line.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:06 AM
  #7
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,255
vCash: 506
Looking at these lineups, it's no wonder our team blows.

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:12 AM
  #8
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,736
vCash: 50
Break down for MacKinnon.

But yeah, what have we got to lose by giving him more ice time? **** Renée Bourque and his invisibility cloak.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:21 AM
  #9
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Looking at these lineups, it's no wonder our team blows.
Thats what I thought when I saw it.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
  #10
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,135
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's true.

We came into the season with a nice looking line-up that under-performed.

Through a series of trades, we now are incapable of icing two scoring lines.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
  #11
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's true.

We came into the season with a nice looking line-up that under-performed.

Through a series of trades, we now are incapable of icing two scoring lines.
And the bottom lines are full of AHLers...

Lots of work to be done to get back in the playoffs (and even more to become a contender).

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:30 AM
  #12
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,623
vCash: 500
Yeah give him a chance in the last 6 games but honestly he's not NHL material

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:01 AM
  #13
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,034
vCash: 500
Play him decent minutes and in an offensive role for the rest of the season and let's see what we have here. He's very good at drawing calls, nice skater, decent passer if he picks his spots a little better. He's gotta get the puck off his stick quicker sometimes.

I'd try him on the third line to start the year next year with Eller and Leblanc. It's not like we have a plethora of other options.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:02 AM
  #14
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,467
vCash: 500
Put Palushaj in Bourque's stead!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:02 AM
  #15
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Probably won't be given a spot on a scoring line, then he'll get traded for nothing and score 40-45 points somewhere else then people will complain.

He reminds me of Grabovski when he first got called up, pretty weak right now and gets pushed around but like Andy said he always gets up after being knocked around. If he can put on some weight I think he can be a decent third liner (possibly second liner) who's good at both ends of the ice.. the guy has good speed and hands just needs to get bigger. He's still only 22 and hasn't got a real chance on a scoring line for an extended period.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:05 AM
  #16
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
How about Geoffrion?

Who cares about developing him, let's just let him sit in the pressbox and learn nothing because he's watching Rene Bourque play.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
  #17
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,135
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Probably won't be given a spot on a scoring line, then he'll get traded for nothing and score 40-45 points somewhere else then people will complain.

He reminds me of Grabovski when he first got called up, pretty weak right now and gets pushed around but like Andy said he always gets up after being knocked around. If he can put on some weight I think he can be a decent third liner (possibly second liner) who's good at both ends of the ice.. the guy has good speed and hands just needs to get bigger. He's still only 22 and hasn't got a real chance on a scoring line for an extended period.
He's nothing like Grabovski.

Grabovski came up and despite being weak, knocked around - he got back up. He was making top defenders look stupid with his speed and moves. He had tons of chances to score and set up a bunch of chances. People were raving about him in the media.

Palushaj skates.. but that's it.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
  #18
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Looking at these lineups, it's no wonder our team blows.
I agree. But put Gionta, Grigorenko and a decent FA signing in there and it's not so bad.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
  #19
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Would rather see what Geoffrion can do... am not impressed at all with either Palushaj or Enqvist. Still not fully sold on Leblanc, either. None of them are NHL ready yet.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
  #20
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
Hey Guys, am I the only one who would like to see Palushaj having a chance to prove himself for the last 6 games of the season ? I'd like the Habs to give him a chance to play with better players and more Ice time, even on PP.

In his last 6 games, he got 4 pts, +3, while having an average Ice Time of 6:26/game with no time at all on PP.

I'd like to seem him on a second line with Plekanec and either Bourque/Leblanc/Eller on the other wing, since we are officially out of the playoff and it's time for some tests.
Palushaj is Maxwell version 2

he isnt good enough for second line duty and doesnt have the game for bottom 6

he is a depth filler , every team has this type of player on the farm

we have to stop this bandaid crap

if we draft a top forward this year , he gets bumped down another notch

simply put , Palushaj , Gallagher , Kristo , LeBlanc , ( this years #1 lets say Grigs ) all have to be top 6 forwards on this team or they wont help us

no way Palushaj beats these guys out

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
  #21
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Patches - Plekanec - Palushaj
White - Eller - Leblanc
Staubitz - Nokelainen - Blunden

All bold names are players I dont want to see in the line-up anymore. Leblanc could come back middle of the year, next year. After he played a couple more games in the Ahl.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
? - Plekanec - ?
? - Eller - Gionta
Staubitz - White - Moen

Those are the only forwards I'd keep for next year. Maybe Bourque on the third, if he comes back to what he once uppon a time was. That means, we need two 2nd line forward to play with Plekanec. Maybe Gionta could do it, but hes not getting younger and this year he was not that good.

We need to draft a young prospect. We need to finish top 3. And we need to sign one of Semin or Parise to add Skills to that line-up.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:41 AM
  #22
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I am a firm believer that if Bourque truly wants to succeed he will work out hard this offseason. If not, he is as good as gone IMO.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:42 AM
  #23
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
I agree. But put Gionta, Grigorenko and a decent FA signing in there and it's not so bad.
no more free ****ing agent signings please , look what Gio, Cammy and Cole got us

last in the conference , Cole had a good year but we stink regardless

we have Cole, Max , the midget ( for now ) Bourque , Leblanc and Eller , and Gio if he doesnt get traded

we dont need another Jokinen or whoever for 5 mil to eat up more cap and get us nowhere


Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 03-25-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: MOD EDIT: Do not circumvent the profanity filter, please.
onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
  #24
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,558
vCash: 50
Awards:
I think management is satisfied playing him in the bottom 6 with the likes of White, Staubitz and Nokelainen. That way, they let the fans sit there and wonder what the hell is Palushaj doing in the NHL.

I'd love to see him in the first two lines, at least until the end of the season. It won't be the case next year when Gionta comes back though.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:50 AM
  #25
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Patches - Plekanec - Palushaj
White - Eller - Leblanc
Staubitz - Nokelainen - Blunden

All bold names are players I dont want to see in the line-up anymore. Leblanc could come back middle of the year, next year. After he played a couple more games in the Ahl.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
? - Plekanec - ?
? - Eller - Gionta
Staubitz - White - Moen

Those are the only forwards I'd keep for next year. Maybe Bourque on the third, if he comes back to what he once uppon a time was. That means, we need two 2nd line forward to play with Plekanec. Maybe Gionta could do it, but hes not getting younger and this year he was not that good.

We need to draft a young prospect. We need to finish top 3. And we need to sign one of Semin or Parise to add Skills to that line-up.
Semin is usless AK2 the second with more money , Parise , Suter the only other fa`s wont come here , in this circus , dream on

Pleks , Gio and Gomez have to go ...we need a rebuild not a tweak , and it starts with core players not bottom six fillers

we need 2-3 years of solid drafting to put this ship back on course

remember one thing hab fans ....when players overachieve you dont get it a year after

the DD line had a career year , Max is fine , the other 2, I expect a drop off next year .

ask the Leafs what Grabovsky, Kulemin and Macarthur did for an encore this year ?

this team cant compete there is no way you can come back with the same group

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.