Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

vCash: 500
Will post some updates on tonight's game against the Whale here...

Arniel is centering MacDermid and Robins to begin the game...Khudobin in net.

0-0 early in the first...Trotman just finished up a shift...wearing #38.

Whale go up 1-0 on a slapshot with Khudobin screened. PBees having trpuble containing Newbury and Deveaux in their own zone.

Owens vs. McKelvie...Owens lands a few before McKelvie wrestles him to the ground.

Warsofsky takes a hit in the corner and is on the ice bleeding a bit...MacDermid tries to go after a Whale player but is held back the officials. How about you just let them go instead of delaying the inevitable, for god's sake?

Warsofsky is back, maybe just had a bloody nose.

Cunningham scores on the PP and ties it up 1-1. It's his 18th on the year.

The Bruins have picked up the pace in the second but it's still 1-1.

The Staal brother loaned to Providence skates like he's in quicksand. Not good.

Good ol Kirk McDonald scores and makes it 2-1. He's been getting better all season long.

Ryan Button showing more confidence by pinching up on plays and just being more noticeable on the ice.

Bruins go up 3-1 on a PP goal...goal credited to...Trotman! I think Florek actually tipped it in though. Either way, the new guys are looking good. Warsofsky and Cunningham having strong nights too.

MacDermid takes a hit from a Whale player...he doesn't seem to mind but Ridderwall charges at Valentanko, who throws a bunch of punches at Ridderwall. Both get 5 for fighting.

Whale score on a 6 on 5 PP goal late in the 3rd...

Bruins take it 3-2. Khudobin was strong again.

Last edited by Malt: 03-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post

0-0 early in the first...Trotman just finished up a shift.

Thanks Malt.

Trotman is listed in the line-up. Any observations you have on him will be appreciated.

Old
03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
Robins was short shifting. He didn't look right to me, and appeared to be playing through some pain. He still had the physical side to his game, but was not his usual self.
Really? I thought he looked ready for bear, including slamming some Monarch into the Bruins bench.

Old
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

0-0 early in the first...Trotman just finished up a shift...wearing #38.

Whale go up 1-0 on a slapshot with Khudobin screened. PBees having trpuble containing Newbury and Deveaux in their own zone.

Owens vs. McKelvie...Owens lands a few before McKelvie wrestles him to the ground.

Warsofsky takes a hit in the corner and is on the ice bleeding a bit...MacDermid tries to go after a Whaler player but is held back the officials. How about you just let them go instead of delaying the inevitable, for god's sake.
Gorskic said Warsofsky was elbowed in the head.. Hope he's ok!!

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence is up 2-1 near the end of the second period.

Cunningham and MacDonald have the goals and Hennessy has 2 assists.

Khudobin has stoppped 25 of 26 shots.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009624

Anton playing this weekend like a man with a ticket to the show in his hand......

Old
03-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1009624

Anton playing this weekend like a man with a ticket to the show in his hand......
It's why they re-signed him and gave him a 1-way next season.

Just crushing for him that he was hurt when Rask went down...that would've been his chance to demonstrate his value to Boston.

Oh, well-- may have to start up my Khudobin Twitter parodies again.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post

Just crushing for him that he was hurt when Rask went down...that would've been his chance to demonstrate his value to Boston.

Think we see him called up for Tuesday?

Old
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Think we see him called up for Tuesday?
I don't know. Doubt it. He needs to keep playing...they went ahead and signed Turco, so I doubt they rock the boat like that.

Dobby's chance this season passed him by because he was hurt. A shame, but unless something happens to 1 of Thomas or Turco, my guess is that they keep him in Providence.

Why bring him up unless they're serious about starting him? Between Thomas and Turco, betting that the Bruins are rolling dice on the superior NHL experience.

You guys...crack me up sometimes. Everyone always wants the shiny toy and they want it RIGHT NOW. He's played 2 games since missing a month with a bad wrist-- let's give him time to get him back in the groove. It's been two games and I don't know-- let him play out the string in the AHL. Maybe give him one start as a reward and send him down, but don't see much value in bringing Khudobin up only to sit him while TT plays most if not all of the critical games down the stretch.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

his bounce in his step as he left the Dunk last night reminded me of Gene Kelly in That's Entertainment.....and a smile to match

Old
03-24-2012, 10:54 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:

You guys...crack me up sometimes. Everyone always wants the shiny toy and they want it RIGHT NOW. He's played 2 games since missing a month with a bad wrist-- let's give him time to get him back in the groove. It's been two games and I don't know-- let him play out the string in the AHL. Maybe give him one start as a reward and send him down, but don't see much value in bringing Khudobin up only to sit him while TT plays most if not all of the critical games down the stretch.
I agree that he needs to get back to game sharpness, but from what we've seen so far.....he hasn't missed a beat. Which leads to the next question......do you really think Marty Turco is the better goalie at this point?

The fact hasn't changed that TT still needs to be spelled down the stretch and yet the team can't afford automatic losses. Which Turco is at this point. If Anton can't provide something better than Marty Turco, he shouldn't be under contract.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I agree that he needs to get back to game sharpness, but from what we've seen so far.....he hasn't missed a beat. Which leads to the next question......do you really think Marty Turco is the better goalie at this point?

The fact hasn't changed that TT still needs to be spelled down the stretch and yet the team can't afford automatic losses. Which Turco is at this point. If Anton can't provide something better than Marty Turco, he shouldn't be under contract.
No, I don't think Turco is better, but he IS more experienced and that plays into thinking when the decision comes to call up Khudobin or just leave him where he is.

But again- what is the real benefit of having Khudobin up to backup Thomas? If Thomas starts and gets pulled, the team's probably in a hole. How does that help Khudobin? If the Bruins actually plan on giving Khudobin starts, that's one thing. But if they don't...and that's the point. He's better off playing, not sitting there with the ballcap on his head watching Thomas.

The question was: do the Bruins call up Khudobin for TUESDAY? I answered why I don't think that's the case.

Of course-- if Turco starts tomorrow vs. Anaheim and stinks out the joint, maybe the Bruins do make a move. But with just two games in what if he re-injures the wrist? Best way to determine if Dobby is ready to be a playoff backup is to test him by playing as much as you can. You think playing 1 or 2 of next 9 games does that?

Old
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
bruinmann77

thanks forthe update nice to hear about Button gaining coinfedence

Old
03-25-2012, 01:24 AM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
No, I don't think Turco is better, but he IS more experienced and that plays into thinking when the decision comes to call up Khudobin or just leave him where he is.

But again- what is the real benefit of having Khudobin up to backup Thomas? If Thomas starts and gets pulled, the team's probably in a hole. How does that help Khudobin? If the Bruins actually plan on giving Khudobin starts, that's one thing. But if they don't...and that's the point. He's better off playing, not sitting there with the ballcap on his head watching Thomas.

The question was: do the Bruins call up Khudobin for TUESDAY? I answered why I don't think that's the case.

Of course-- if Turco starts tomorrow vs. Anaheim and stinks out the joint, maybe the Bruins do make a move. But with just two games in what if he re-injures the wrist? Best way to determine if Dobby is ready to be a playoff backup is to test him by playing as much as you can. You think playing 1 or 2 of next 9 games does that?
I am thinking that it wouldn't hurt to try to gey Khudobin into a couple of NHL games prior to the playoffs in case he is needed at some point. Might not be great to have his first NHL game, a playoff game, as Turco is ineligible. I don't think all of our games are that critical right now after the win tonight (hopefully). Maybe they could move him up and down a couple of times to get him into games as most ot the PB's games are weekend.

Anyways, just my thought process as Thomas could use a rest from our vicious March schedule.

Good to see you call on Trotman with a goal tonight. I think the PB's really needed an boost and the two new arrivals seem to be helping.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post

Good to see you call on Trotman with a goal tonight. I think the PB's really needed an boost and the two new arrivals seem to be helping.
If you believe in omens, then Torey Krug is next. The third Michigander to join Providence in as many days-- the first two (Florek, Trotman) found the back of the net. Is Krug to follow?

Old
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
If you believe in omens, then Torey Krug is next. The third Michigander to join Providence in as many days-- the first two (Florek, Trotman) found the back of the net. Is Krug to follow?
I will be watching closely. These guys could make it a more interesting finish for the Baby B's. It comes in three's, right.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post
I am thinking that it wouldn't hurt to try to gey Khudobin into a couple of NHL games prior to the playoffs in case he is needed at some point. Might not be great to have his first NHL game, a playoff game, as Turco is ineligible. I don't think all of our games are that critical right now after the win tonight (hopefully). Maybe they could move him up and down a couple of times to get him into games as most ot the PB's games are weekend.
Pretty much my exact thoughts on the subject.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:58 AM
MioneRask134

It's official. We signed Torey Krug.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:23 AM
gorskic

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:
Ryan Button showing more confidence by pinching up on plays and just being more noticeable on the ice.
This was absolutely the case. I thought he had a pretty good game. Saw him once earlier this season and he was an OMG train wreck so the improvement was great to see.

I didn't think last night he was pressing things TOO much, which is the key. He was taking what opportunities were available, which is exactly what you want to see.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
It's official. We signed Torey Krug.
Source?

Old
03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
GoBs

Did Providence trade for Jared Staal? He is coming up as a Pbruin on thier website.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Did Providence trade for Jared Staal? He is coming up as a Pbruin on thier website.
He's just on loan from Charlotte.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
I want him to make it for one reason only ... cool nickname possibility. I am hereby dubbing him "Colonel" Trotman.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Arniel's line starts the game...Hutch is in goal, so we'll see how this goes...

Providence on the PP early in the game...Providence is ranked next to last in the AHL on the PP.

Florek has had a couple of potential chances to get pucks to the net, but he didn't have the jets to blow by the D.

0-0 late in the first. Ridderwall has had some nice rushes, he was a smart free agent signing.

The line of Sauve-Hennessey-Tremblay had some great chances, but no dice.

Button to the box for roughing up one of the Pirates.

0-0 end of first.

Pirates up 1-0 early in the second. Puck went five-hole on Hutch.

Providence has only 8 total shots on net late (we're late in the second...) Maybe time to shake some lines up...a lot of guys look tired out there. They need to stay off the PK---they're in the middle of killing their 6th penalty through two periods now.

Apparently there was a fight with Robins and Brodeur when I stepped away from the computer...

McArtle vs. Robins....boring wrestling match.

Tremblay scores! 1-1 in the third.

Warsofsky gets hooked in the OT and Providence will have a man advanatge late in the OT.

We're in the shootout...both goalies getting school so far...

Providence takes it in a shootout!

Last edited by Malt: 03-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

So glad to see Sauve on the scoresheet. I was afraid that hip injury he'd suffered was serious.

Nice win for the P-Bs!

Closed Thread